Kim Johnson Designs

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2013

1944 Massachusetts Ave

Mc Lean, VA 22101

Kim will use her 20 years experience to assist you in creating a home that you love to be in and are proud to entertain in. She simplifies the design process and makes it fun and rewarding. Fees are by the hour with no time obligation. Decorating and design services can be minor, like a color consultation or suggesting home decorating plans for you to implement over time, or much more long term with guidance and assistance in all renovation and new construction projects. She specializes in bathroom renovations and kitchen design and can help you completely change your bathrooms and/or kitchen at a much lower cost than design build companies or even big box home improvement centers....

interior decorators (17)home remodeling (7)cabinet makers (3)window treatment (1)

07/28/2020

Monika C.

Couldn’t have done the project without her! She worked with my ideals and enhanced them. She had amazing people to work with for the cabinets, counters, and installing and demo for everything. Would have been too overwhelmed to make decisions but with her years of experience she knew exactly what to do. She is really easy to work with. She has a great eye for design. I recommend her to all my friends.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen

Category interior designers,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

Review for Kim Johnson Designs - 1944 Massachusetts Ave, Mc Lean, VA - 38752855

02/23/2019

Marilyn O.

Great. Took total of 8 consecutive work days. Minimal disruption/noise. Kim redesigned the whole bathroom including choosing new cabinets, shower, tile and wall colors, fixtures, mirrors, and paint colors for the bathroom and the adjoining master bedroom. Workers were friendly and so hardworking. Kim is a delight to work with! We will be using her services to do a kitchen update.

Description of Work
Master bathroom redesign; master bedroom painting

Category custom cabinets,interior designers,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

[Member Name Removed] it was a joy to work with you and help you transform your orange master bathroom to the relaxing updated retreat it is now. What a change! I look forward to helping with the kitchen facelift we have planned.

01/21/2019

Anna Marie F.

Kim is fantastic!! She takes such an interest in her clients and provides the absolute best service. She knows exactly how to transform a space to make it functional for her client's needs. She is very detailed and goes above and beyond to make sure everything is just right. For example, she spent many extra hours helping us fix our kitchen design (we made numerous adjustments and she was always happy to help). She has phenomenal cabinet makers who were easy to work with--we adjusted our plan 3 times, but they were quick to help and didn't mind recreating the design. Kim has lots of experience and knowledge about home design. Another concern for us was the price. Since she has companies she works with she can get her clients fantastic discounts, and it is a very smooth and easy process since she knows them very well. She helped us get the best prices to stay within our budget. I can't say enough about how much we loved working with her. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Remodeling Kitchen

Category custom cabinets,interior designers,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Review for Kim Johnson Designs - 1944 Massachusetts Ave, Mc Lean, VA - 37672880

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It was so awesome working with you both and helping you get a way more functional and beautiful kitchen in your new home that will be fantastic for years to come. I loved how open you guys were to things that were a bit outside the box.

07/23/2018

Lisa R.

Kim is an extremely talented designer, incredibly personable and approachable. She really listens to your wants and needs, and works to incorporate your living style, and budget into the plan. Kim has a beautiful portfolio of completed projects which show a varied range of design styles and budgets. All of them are stunning, and you can see the little touches that make the space more functional, without losing style points! I am equally comfortable consulting with Kim on paint projects or whole room makeovers. She connected me with very talented artisans who crafted a beautiful custom cabinet that perfectly fit our space and needs.

Description of Work
Design of Family room, custom cabinetry

Category custom cabinets,interior designers

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

05/09/2018

Tammy G.

She solved world peace in my home! Not only did she help me fix what I hated, but game for valuable interior design 101 to help me in the future. I will be contacting her in the future for other ideas and help as my home needs change. I am so excited to make the changes she suggested and live my home!

Description of Work
Help me figure out why I hate my brand new kitchen and other areas in my house

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

It was so fun to help you, [Member Name Removed], and sovle some of your conundrums, apparently even world peace! (Even if it was just in your home).

03/24/2018

debbie D.

Kim completed a bathroom/bedroom remodeling project very quickly and painlessly. She dealt with all the contractors and only got me involved for choices. The finished project is fabulous. I recommend her very highly.

Description of Work
bedroom/bathroom remodeling

Category interior designers,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

03/21/2018

Ashley B.

Kim helped me pick paint colors for my whole house, as well as furniture for much of it. One of the more unique additions is a red stenciled pattern on my kitchen island. It is unique, totally fits my style, and I get compliments on it all the time! She paid close attention to my wants and functionality needs. I absolutely love the way everything turned out! Kim is definitely a people person. She genuinely loves what she does and loves sharing her passion with her clients. I had her back a few years later to decorate the bedroom for my first child. It is again just a perfect fit!

Description of Work
Interior Design for Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Bathroom and Bedroom

Category interior designers,window treatments

Work Completed On 03/21/2015

06/03/2017

CHARLES H.

Kim Johnson has done four very different major projects for us over the past seven years, and each one was creatively designed and flawlessly executed, with flair, a high degree of sensitivity to our taste, and hands-on follow-through to make sure they were completed on time with every detail right. Kim worked with us on a complete living room redecoration, a long-distance kitchen and bath renovation at our vacation home, a fully personalized living/bedroom for my mother at a retirement home, and an apartment in Old Town for our son. In addition, she has helped us refresh the master bedroom and bath, and found the right finishing touches on smaller projects, like a specialized glass door treatment and the right new tiles for our kitchen floor. Each time, Kim has worked with us on the concept, presented attractive choices, found and negotiated effectively with the right vendors, and seen through the execution of the work. We have found her range amazing, her judgment sure, and her fees very reasonable. We recommend her without qualification.

Description of Work
Four projects -- see narrative review for details.

04/27/2017

Senna A.

Kim is awesome! She helped me reimagine my entire first floor, picked the perfect paint color for my cabinets, and really "got" what I was trying to do in my home. I definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a major or minor redo!

Description of Work
Interior Design

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

04/10/2017

Allison M.

Excellent! Kim had wonderful suggestions and is a very calming presence to work with.

Description of Work
Paint and Interior Design recommendations

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

Kim Johnson Designs does not have a signature style, but designs and decorates each space to specifically meet the needs of each client. All interior design services are available, including kitchen design with an area exclusive partnership with a Mennonite and Amish family cabinetry business. All types of cabinets can be made to fit your style at a great price. All your decorating needs can be met: color consults, window treatments, baths, kitchens, staging, renovations and new construction.

High end art acquisition.