Carlos Camayo

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2011

The Doctor House, Handyman, we can do almost everything, using good materials, no job is to small if we can't do we have a business partners and we can help you with your Home Improvement or your HONEY DO LIST....

handyman (109)drywall (35)woodworking (25)interior painting (23)house painting (21)door installation (18)electrician (15)general contractors (13)plumbers (12)pressure washing (9)lighting (9)siding companies (7)

08/07/2021

Illona W.

Carlos and team removed plaster and hung drywall in the bedroom to repair water-damaged plaster that was bulging around the window frames. The work also included removing and replacing the trim around the windows and baseboards, installing insulation, caulking, painting and hauling away debris. Carlos agreed to remove the plaster and return at a later time to finish the job after we determined the cause of the water damage. We knew it wasn’t a plumbing issue because there aren’t any pipes behind the wall, but thought it might be a brick pointing issue. After a really bad rainstorm, Carlos called to see if water had permeated the exposed brick wall. This thoughtful and kind gesture was above and beyond. It took weeks before they could finish the job and Carlos kept in touch to avoid any scheduling conflicts. Carlos and his team did a terrific job, showed up on time and left the work area clean everyday. We intend to call Carlos for our next home project because of the workmanship, work ethic and the care and concern he showed us during this project.

Description of Work
Remove plaster and replace with drywall

Category drywall, plastering, pressure washing

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

Review for Carlos Camayo - 9290 Towerside Dr, Fairfax, VA - 39432212

05/05/2021

L. B.

NO SHOW! We made an appointment for the next day at 5 pm and he never bothered to show up or call. This is extremely unprofessional conduct. I will never consider Carlos Camayo for any future work.

Description of Work
Paint 2 small bedrooms and laundry room

Category pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

10/15/2020

E H M.

Carlos did excellent work repairing a problem we had with a leaky portico over our front doorway. We had another company out to look at the issue before Carlos, and all they could focus on were ways to upsell us. I won't make that mistake again. Carlos knew exactly what we were looking to have done, and what our goal for the repair was. He replaced the flat roof elements and added a pitch to ensure proper run off. It has since rained quite a bit and we're happy to see no more water problems. Carlos was very responsive when contacted, provided a fair and written estimate for the work, was flexible with scheduling, did the work himself with his assistant, and cleaned up the site nicely. I will definitely be calling Carlos again for more jobs.

Description of Work
Replace leaky roof on our townhome front doorway portico.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

08/31/2020

Donna M.

Carlos is excellent. Him and his team showed up on the dot everyday at 9 a.m. He was very flexible to make changes. There were a lot of obstacles to completing the laundry room with plumbing etc. and Carlos always said "we can figure it out - no worries" AND he always did figure it out. Their work quality is top notch and I am very picky. Highly recommend him. They did such a great job - they are now redoing our garage!

Description of Work
Finished basement with laundry room and storage area

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

04/24/2020

Ken B.

Carlos was prompt and called ahead for both the estimate and the repair. Trim needed replacing around the double doors to deck. He gave a detailed estimate of the work to be done. The estimate listed type of materials, caulking, priming, painting, etc. Trim work looks very good. He also replaced a non-functioning GFI outlet. I highly recommend Carlos Camayo for any handyman work.

Description of Work
Replace exterior trim due to wood rot. Replace exterior GFI outlet.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

03/27/2020

William B.

Went above and beyond, quick and professional.

Description of Work
Outside painting and carpentry.

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

02/15/2020

Jason H.

The work went extremely well. Carlos and his crew work hard and do a quality job. Above and beyond and very satisfied with the work. Great deck rebuild, excellent interior drywall repair, great painting/staining.

Description of Work
A deck rebuild, stain, interior drywall repair, interior painting.

Category drywall, handyman service, deck cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

01/16/2020

Barbara C.

High quality repair, kept promises on when work would be completed, addressed post-project request for a touch-up.

Description of Work
Replace ceilings on second floor with new drywall. Paint post-repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

11/14/2019

Kim L.

Mr. Camayo and his crew arrived on time. His fee was quite reasonable. The work was performed as specified.

Description of Work
Soffit and fascia board replacement, powerwashing of whole house

Category handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

09/23/2019

Tom S.

Carlos was very prompt and did excellent work. He is very detail oriented and provided before and after pictures by phone. Once finished he did some follow-up repair and painting at my request with no additional charges. Unlike some vendors, he agreed to 1/2 of his estimate upfront and 1/2 at completion. Payment was made by Venmo and went smoothly. Carlos's estimate/pricing was higher than most I received, but the combination of the quality work, timely completion and payment schedule flexibility made his price an excellent value. The work was done on my rental property and I highly value the services Carlos offered.

Description of Work
Exterior wood rot and repainting

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

08/20/2019

Tress K.

Carlos and his assistant were amazing. Carlos called me back right away , was prompt, pleasant and knowledgeable. They did a great job and were very comfortable with 3 dogs . Cleaned up and were reasonably priced. Very positive experience. would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Multiple in and outdoor lightening, motion detectors installed, shower door rehabilitation, tile work, smoke/carbon monoxide detector installed

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

05/28/2019

J K.

After first contact, never heard back again.

Description of Work
Brick work internal.

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

Sorry, but I don't cover that area is to far away from where I live. Thanks for understand. Carlos

11/10/2018

Patricia P.

Carlos Camayo was extremely prompt and pleasant. Came over, looked at the work that needed to be done and then sent me a written estimate the next day. We accepted the estimate and he provided all the materials that he needed to complete the jobs. There were jobs inside and outside and he worked one day in the rain to complete the wood replacement on the garage exterior. Mr. Camayo is a skilled professional who completed a number of jobs requiring different skills in an exceptional manner. I would recommend him and hire him again!

Description of Work
Carpentry and painting

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/10/2018

09/30/2018

Jeff U.

I contacted Carlos when I had multiple small jobs, and he responded quickly and stopped by to give quotes. The costs were reasonable, and I approved going forward on three of the projects. He finished the work quickly and did a nice job. A few weeks later I discovered a leak in between our first and second level, which required substantial drywall work to repair. Carlos responded quickly, coming on a Saturday morning with two colleagues. They did an excellent job, being careful to protect our kitchen while working on the ceiling, and then patching things up so that it looks good as new. The cost was a bit higher than I expected, but it was a big job done on a Saturday on short notice, so overall it's probably quite reasonable. Carlos is a pleasure to work with and I will happily call on him again.

Description of Work
Outdoor painting, indoor plumbing and drywall, outdoor light housing replacement, outdoor painting, skylight sealing

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/29/2018

06/03/2018

Scott Y.

Very well. Carlos and his assistant were very professional, friendly and did an excellent job at a very fair price

Description of Work
Replace rotted exterior window frames on 2nd floor

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

05/14/2018

Raj V.

Horrible. SEE THE PICTURES. Carlos did worst job of tiling I've ever seen. Floor not level, cracks and chips in tiles. Uneven spacing and tiles out of line. Carlos also damaged and scratched many areas on hardwood, cabinets. Left paint on the curtain blinds. He didn't use contractor grade plastic to cover everything and as a result dust got into every corner and crevice of the house. Overall this was an extremely poor job and we will have to redo whole tiles again. I would NOT hire him again.

Description of Work
Demo and Re-tile kitchen, sunroom, laundry room. Repainting

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

Review for Carlos Camayo - 9290 Towerside Dr, Fairfax, VA - 37064225

05/07/2018

Tim H.

Provider was not able to help us with the repair at that time, however, we plan on using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Adjustable base repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

03/07/2018

Diane M.

I am extremely pleased with the great job Carlos did! We had a severe wind storm 5 days ago and the rain cap for my furnace flue pipe was blown off from the roof. I originally called my roofing company, but they said it would be a month before they could fit me on the schedule. My HVAC company was going to charge a $105 diagnostic fee just to come out and give an estimate, so I turned to Angie’s List to seek a handyman. Based on his predominantly excellent reviews, I called Carlos yesterday afternoon and he came out first thing this morning to evaluate the job. He went out and got the part I needed and returned to perform the work right away. He is very professional, responsible, courteous and friendly. His work is excellent and his prices are very fair. I have already recommended him to my neighbor and I would absolutely hire Carlos again for his excellent handyman services.

Description of Work
Replace furnace flue pipe rain cap

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

11/29/2017

Robert K.

If there was a rating above the "A" i would use it. Carlos was a pleasure to deal with and had great suggestions where we weren't quite sure what would work. We asked for estimates on six different pieces of work. We decided to move forward on 1-3 but wait on 4-6 because they required a light fixture we didn't have. They came and started and after discerning that he had an opening the next day, we went out and got the fixture in the afternoon. His workman/carpenter was back the next day at 8, finished work from the day before and then got the second half of the job done by 3:30 (including waiting for paint to dry). The carpenter, whose name I missed, was expert. His work on replacing the door jamb is seamless. His work around the basement windows transformed the room (i.e. they don't look like basement windows any more). This was the last bit of work from a project that went from a sump pump install to a complete overhaul of a rec room, leaving detailed work to be done. With new walls and a new floor this last piece was important to the overall look - and wow - what they did was merely perfect.

Description of Work
We needed a variety of finish work in our basement - including carpentry, painting, and ceiling light installation. The carpentry work went from the simple (baseboard installation) to more complex (taking off an old door jamb and replacing it with drywall) to detailed work (window sill framing).

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

Review for Carlos Camayo - 9290 Towerside Dr, Fairfax, VA - 36624126

11/19/2017

Steve P.

I was happy with the quality of the work and Carlos's responsiveness. He came to our house promptly to scope the project and sent a proposal in about 3 days. After I contacted him via text to approve the work, he was able to begin the work in about 2 days. I asked if he would be able to complete the work in 1 day since Thanksgiving was approaching, and he did. During the work, several questions arose about small details of the tasks. Because we were home during the work, he immediate asked us those questions, and he adjusted the work according to our requests. He and his partner kept the house clean, laying down tarps to protect the floor and cleaning up after themselves. Contrary to what one other Angie's List member posted, I felt absolutely no pressure by Carlos to upsell us on additional services; he completely let me define the scope, and he was there to perform that work. I recommend him for your home projects.

Description of Work
Replace vanities and assorted bathroom accessories in two small bathrooms. Recaulk shower.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/19/2017

09/29/2017

Mieke F.

It was excellent. He was quick to respond and everything went well.

Description of Work
Repaired a ceiling.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

07/09/2017

Justin H.

Let's start with the positive: Carlos was very responsive about coming to our house after a storm to see how we could protect our damaged roof from future rain. He was the only one of several contractors that would be able to do the work that day. I trusted him as a licensed contractor to use logic and good practice to do this job, however when I was sent a photo of the work I immediately thought it was questionable due to the fact that 1) screws were put straight through the roof to hold the tarp down and were NOT concealed under shingle tabs, or covered with tar or sand bags and 2) he did not cover where there was missing fascia board, leaving the attic exposed. I decided to let it go and trust that nothing would go wrong but that was a mistake. Two weeks later when it rained all day we got new water stains in the bedroom that did not exist before! The only source of these new leaks can be the screw holes towards the bottom of the roof. I did not come straight here to post this - I contacted Carlos to inform him of this and gave him the opportunity to rectify the situation. He did not even apologize, but simply said it was "the way to put the tart [sic] on". I've given it a couple of days, but now I am here posting this unfortunate review. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Tarp roof to protect roof damage from rain

Work Completed On 06/21/2017