PLOUTIS PAINTING & CONTRACTING

Founded 1960 • With Angi since January 2008

8365 RICHMOND HWY

Alexandria, VA 22309

Ploutis Painting & Contracting is family owned and operated. For over 50 years, we have worked meticulously to develop reliable and professional methods to ensure guaranteed customer satisfaction. We have set the standards for the industry by providing the highest quality interior and exterio painting to residential and commerical properties within the VA, DC and MD. We are praised for our consistent dedication and excellence in our work and strive to provide nothing short of perfection....

11/10/2014

Alfred B.

They have worked for me 3-4 times now. They do absolutely great work. They show up and begin working at the appointed time. They can’t leave until the supervisor comes by and inspects and releases them so the cleanup is never a question. The house is as clean or cleaner than when they got there. The workers are all polite, professional, and I have not had any issues of any sort regarding the workmen. They also have long-term employees.

Description of Work
They have done painting both interior and exterior, carpentry, and have also repaired my deck. They also repaired the drywall in the bathroom and finished basement and painted it. They have also installed a new ceiling fan and light. They painted all the rooms on the entire interior of the house and refinished the hardwood floors.

Category decks,drywall,electrician,lighting,woodworking,ceiling fans,house painters,interior painters

We appreciate the wonderful review, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for taking the time to share it!

05/11/2014

Ghada M.

This is convicting to give this grade but this grade was given because of an email that was not sent. The person that came to give us the estimate was prompt, professional and took over an hour to get estimates and discuss details. We didn't hear back a week later and emailed them. That same night, I assume one of the owners responded right away to say that someone from their office will be in touch. That was great communication and appreciated that. The issue was with the office manager. She emailed me stating that on April 28th, two days after the estimator showed up, that they informed us that they would not like to bid because they are busy. That's fine, but we did not receive that email. We checked our inboxes and junk. I called and asked her to forward the email she sent (not just state that she sent it). She said she will. The next day, after I haven't heard back, I called and asked her. She said she forwarded it to both emails that day. Well, we did not receive and did a thorough search. I asked her to send it to my work email. She sent it with the forward. However, this was a copy and paste job. Unfortunately, we did not receive it. All she had to say was they forgot to send it or they decline to bid and that would have been quite understandable. Estimator and owner (who responded to email that night: Stella) get an A Office Manager F

Description of Work
Estimate for whole house drywall and painting work.

Category interior painters

Dear [member name removed] , Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately I think there was a misunderstanding. At the time of the estimate, we were booked 4-6 weeks out and could not accommodate your time schedule to do the work. Our estimator met with you on Saturday, April 26th. Our office manager emailed you on April 28th that we were declining the job. So, as you know, no estimate was done. I received an email from you on May 6th asking about the proposal and I had emailed that we would be in contact the next day. Our office manager then spoke to you on the phone and stated we were declining the work. There was no estimate to send over and she emailed you that we were declining. Your review states that we should have just told you we were declining and that is what we did. We never said an estimate was being sent out. We're happy to discuss this misunderstanding with you over the phone, so please feel free to call us at (703) 360-0205. Thank you.

02/17/2014

Cei R.

A team of about four painters, including a foreman did the job over two days. They were consistently on time, quiet, and professional in all ways. They did not drive their trucks over my flower beds as some contractors have done. They took off their shoes at the door without my asking. They did a particularly non-messy and thorough job of prepping rooms that frankly I should have had re-painted years ago. They matched existing colors perfectly and got along with my floor refinishing people who were involved in part of the project and who could have caused friction. They were pleasant to me, consulted me promptly whenever necessary, cleaned up after themselves and left no loose ends. I also appreciated the way the very courteous foreman, Rafael, and his staff coped with the cramped, unlighted closets without complaint. I especially appreciated the advice of Nick (the estimator and one of the owners, I believe) on several related issues involving these aging 1050s-era little brick homes on crawl-spaces -- issues that I will soon be tackling. Nick is very knowledgeable about general home repairs. I also appreciated the helpful and cheerful family office staff -- Stella and Jennifer. Dealing with a family that has been in business for as long as the Ploutises, knows how to coordinate and manage staff and is successful and well-liked in the community has a lot of advantages. I'm about to sign a contract for them to do the exterior of my house -- which will be fairly fussy and entail replacing some rotting wood. I'm confident they'll again do a hassle-free, quality job.

Description of Work
Prepped and painted three interior rooms and two closets: ceilings, walls and all woodwork.

Category interior painters

Thanks for the wonderful feedback! Here at Ploutis Painting & Contracting we pride ourselves in our 100% satisfaction guarantee- so it's nice to hear we're doing a good job. Please think of us for your next painting need!

03/12/2013

Alan R.

With very short notice, the workmen reported first thing in the morning, reviewed the work to be done, and went to get the supplies they would need. The work was completed by early afternoon (1:30 - 2:00 PM). I inspected the job after they completed it and it looked good. Later, I noticed that the toilet paper hanger was not level. They offered to come out and correct the problem on the next work day, but I had an appointment that day and since they thought the repair might take a couple of hours, I thought it would be better to do it myself on a weekend rather than take time off work. I had thought that this job would require a remodeler instead of a painter. I had tried for months to get this work done by three different remodelers who each promised to do the job but never showed up. The least expensive of those other contractors wanted twice what I paid PLOUTIS.

Description of Work
Patch the holes in the main floor powder room wall that were left from a previous plumbing repair. Sand and repaint the wall to match. Install the towel rack and toilet paper hanger.

Category interior painters

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, [removed member name]! We're glad you appreciated our work and competitive prices. Here at Ploutis Painting & Contracting we pride ourselves in our 100% satisfaction guarantee- so it's nice to hear we're doing a good job. Please think of us for your next painting need!

12/28/2012

Catherine W.

The company provided an estimate within of few days of my contacting them. The office staff (Jennifer) promptly provided answers to my questions regarding the estimate. Because I was debating changing the color of the exterior trim, I scheduled an appointment with Nick Ploutis who arrived on schedule and explained the pros and cons of a color change. The office staff remained in touch via phone and e-mail as the work was scheduled. On the day that the painters arrived, Jennifer contacted me in the morning because the painters discovered additional rotten wood. As the additional rotten wood was not visible from the ground, I didn't fault the estimator for not discovering it earlier but was glad the Nick had convinced me not to change the color as that saved me more than enough money to cover the additional rotten wood. On the second day of painting, I returned home around lunch time at the request of the painters so that they could paint the front door. I was a bit surprised to find six painters but the size of the crew enabled them to finish the job in less than two days. The head of the crew explained that when they removed the house numbers to paint the trim underneath, one of the house numbers broke. They had replaced all the house numbers by the time I arrived home. This is the second time that I have used Ploutis Painting. The quality of their work is outstanding, the office staff is excellent, and they arrive (and leave) at the scheduled time. On both occasions, they broke something and promptly replaced the items with comparable materials and without arguments. I obtained multiple bids the first time that I used Ploutis Painting but not this time. Based on my first experience, I think that their prices are a bit on the high end, but not unreasonably so, and the quality of their work is worth the extra cost. I will use this company again.

Description of Work
Ploutis Painting replaced several sections of rotten wood trim on the exterior of the house and painted the trim, shutters and door of the house.

Category house painters,interior painters

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, [member name removed]! We're happy Jennifer could assist you accordingly and that you were happy with the quality of our service. Here at Ploutis Painting & Contracting we pride ourselves in our 100% satisfaction guarantee- so it's nice to hear we're doing a good job. Please think of us for your next painting need! Warm regards, Stella

11/10/2012

Mary D.

Nick Ploutis came on time as we had agreed and walked around the house several times to develop an estimate for painting the exterior trim on my 100-year-old house, noting certain problem areas. The estimate arrived promptly via e-mail. The quote was 3-4 times as much as two other estimates I recieved. I'm sure Ploutis would have done a fine job, but I did not think it would be 3 or 4 times better.

Description of Work
Nick Ploutis came on time as we had agreed and walked around the house several times to develop an estimate for painting the exterior trim on my 100-year-old house, noting certain problem areas. The estimate arrived promptly via e-mail..

Category house painters

Thank you for your feedback on the estimate given. We appericate your comments. It enables our company to better understand our clients or potential clients. The age of your home had a great deal to do with our pricing. Being that the house is 100 years old and a positive lead teat was concluded. Under new EPA regulations the scope of work is a little more detailed. I hope that the company involved on your home will adhere to the EPA rules and regulations that are needed to perform the exterior painting. We understand that cost is an important aspect of the job to you the homeowner. Again we appericate your comments and feedback.

03/26/2012

RONALD K.

They did a thorough job of prepping before they paint. They will give you an estimate if they find any rotten wood that needs to be replaced. They are very fair in their pricing and they do a good job. The job that did was excellent and I was very happy with it and they cleaned up well when they were finished. They did such a good job in painting my shed that I don't think they will have to paint it again. They do the best they can to get to a job on time but weather plays a factor.

Description of Work
They are the contractors for town houses and they paint them every 4 years and will be here again the end of May. The fee is included in our monthly dues, but I did pay them to repair the wood and for painting my shed which is additional.

Category house painters

08/07/2011

Catherine W.

This was one of the best, if not the best, experience I have had with a contractor. The estimator arrived on schedule and fully explained how the work would be performed. Telephone calls and e-mails to the office were promptly returned. The painters arrived on schedule. On the first day, a crew of 3 worked on 3 of the bathrooms. On each day, one of the owners of the company stopped by to inspect the work. On the second day, 2 returned to finish the job. The quality of the dry wall work and the painting was excellent, and the bathrooms were left in clean condition. One of the towel racks broke when the painter tried to re-install it. Without question, the owner purchased a replacement towel rack which was installed a few days after the completion of the job. Prior to signing the contract with Ploutis, I obtained 3 estimates. While Ploutis was the most expensive, the contract was the most detailed and clearly stated the work to be performed. Given the quality of the work, I think the extra cost was worth it. I plan to use this company again when I paint the exterior of my house next year.

Description of Work
This company painted 3 full and one half-bath in my home.

07/26/2011

Will S.

I've used Ploutis Painting for close to 20 years. Four complete interior top to bottom jobs. This was a small one-day two-man job and to my pleasent surprise Raphael was in charge. He also ran the complete interior job when I moved in two years ago. They show up early, seal the room, since they had a few drywall corrections they felt needed to be made and sanded. Courteous and kind, and really quiet. By the end of the day, a second coat was applied with nice precise lines. Cleaned up and out the door before dinner. I continue to use Ploutis because they just do it. No fuss, no muss, not done until it is done right the first time. That's the quality premium for which I am willing to pay.

Description of Work
Painting a completely renovated master bath.

07/26/2011

Alfred B.

This is the third time I've hired Ploutis for interior work. I have also hired them for exterior painting. I keep going back because they are just that good. They understand cost, schedule and performance. They tell you what they are going to do and the standard to which it will be accomplished. Then they do exactly what they promised. Their crews could not be more polite or professional. They arrive on time, start on time, end on time - and your house is spotless when they are finished. The Crew Chief (Raphael in this case) is on-site every minute. No detail is overlooked. No corners are cut. Work is inspected as it is accomplished so you don't get to the end of the day and have an "Oh crap" moment. As it turns out, Raphael was the crew chief when we had our entire interior painted about 8 years ago and he headed the crew that did my exterior painting. He has been with Ploutis for 21 years - a good sign from my perspective as a customer. Stella and Gus work hard to accommodate your schedule and they call you back quickly. They do not promise to call and then ignore you.

Description of Work
Dry wall and baseboard replacement, repair. Included taping and mudding. Painting of all walls to include a cinder block wall and one concrete floor.

Category drywall,house painters,interior painters

All American Painting Plus Inc

All American Painting Plus is a locally-owned professional painting company serving Northern Virginia. We believe in honesty, integrity and trust in everything we do, from start to finish. We’ve developed an outstanding reputation of excellence by providing professional painting services to help residential clients enhance, protect and maintain their American Dreams for almost two decades. You can depend on us for accurate estimates and quality craftsmanship. Every project is backed by a two-year written warranty. Please note that we have a $1,500 labor minimum for all new customers.

Innovative Inc

When you need either commercial or residential painting, Innovative Inc is the company you can trust. As a professional painting contractor, we understand the problems home owners have with typical house painters; that is why we are committed to excellence. Our professional painters are clean, courteous, efficient and very skilled. Award winning.

Premium Painters of Arlington and DC Metro

Premium Painters is well known for having Larger Crews to Get the Job Done FAST! We make the painting process, whether interior or exterior, residential or commercial, convenient for you. We are the company you go to for certainty. With 20 years of experience, it is worth it to have our written estimate to compare with other licensed painting contractors.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL, INTERIOR & EXTERIOR, HISTORICAL RESTORATION, GENERAL CARPENTRY, WINDOW CAULKING & GLAZING, SEALANTS, WATER INFLITRATION, SPECIALTY COATINGS, WALLPAPER REMOVAL, DRYWALL REPAIRS AND PRESSURE WASHING