Perry Garage Doors

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2010

1921 Spring Cypress Rd

Spring, TX 77388

Garage Door Repair & Installation. At Perry Garage Door Repair we specialize in garage door repair. Many of my customers have been misinformed about their garage door and automatic opener. When your door or opener breaks, it does not have to be replaced. We can repair any make or model garage door or automatic opener. I have been repairing doors for 17 years! When others say replace it, I say repair it! I can save you a lots of money! Multiple time Super Service Award Winner!...

03/04/2019

Nancy G.

Ryan did a great job installing the garage doors and the garage door opener. He was very punctual, professional and worked alone. I love my new doors, the color matched perfectly and I would hire Perry Garage Doors again. The only downfall, it took a long time for the standard doors to come in.

Description of Work
New garage doors

Category garage doors

Thank you for your kind words. Sorry it took a little more time in usual to get them installed. Look forward to assisting you in the future.

02/11/2019

blake B.

says 24 hours on website called was told would get a call back in 20-30 minutes. No one ever called back. Time I called was 4:19 pm

Description of Work
need a garage door quote

Category garage doors

We were simply enjoying the day as a family (Sunday). I forgot to call Mr. [Member Name Removed] back. I apologize for the misunderstanding. If Mr. [Member Name Removed] would have given us a call back, he would have gotten a sincere apology. We would have been more than happy to resolve his problem.

11/09/2018

Beth P.

After getting almost 3 feet of water from Harvey our garage door openers needed help. One wouldn’t open at all and needed new sensors while the other just quit working from our cars??? Perry’s serviceman was here first thing in the morning and went above and beyond to fix all of our problems. He even went out and bought a universal remote and reprogrammed both of our cars to both garage doors. Would definitely recommend them!!

Description of Work
Sensors and garage door openers

Category garage doors

Glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words.

08/21/2018

Robert E.

Very punctual, pricing was good, the professionalism of the technician was good. Very courteous people who work for this company from the owner to the receptionist. I would definitely recommend this company for all of your garage door needs.

Description of Work
Springs broke on door

Category garage doors

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to do the best we can! Let us know if we can further assist you.

08/18/2018

Sherman and Carolyn E.

Replaced spring but then technician tried to sell us a new overhead unit over replacing our existing unit that was still in its warranty period. However while the technician was in our garage, he proceeded to damage our car, one we had owned for only a month. When confronted, he denied it as he could given no one witnessed it. The specific damage was a large vertical scratch and a dent, which we deducted to be caused by the large cordless screwdriver sitting on a ladder next to the door with the scratch. To add, the estimated $700 in damage never should’ve occurred as the car was IN the garage, which we came to learn that the tech was not following company policy by performing work with a car in the garage. We proceeded to have a debate over the damage, tech continued to deny cause, and the owner instead of considering the customer viewpoint, sided with his employee. The employee was his son we came to learn as the owner proceeded to tell my wife that he always tells the truth so he must have not done it. Instead of offering to immediately come out to our residence to attend to this matter, the owner simply stated that the customer was wrong and the company was not liable. I reached out to him to schedule time (upon his request) to view the damage but all subsequent follow up has not been returned. Bottom line is that the Perry Garage Doors has employees that are not bonded or insured, not fit for work as this technician had hand tremors, tries to sell the customer equipment that is not needed, has no regard for company policy and clearly operates with lack of integrity and moral character. The owner kept stating that his reputation speaks for itself but perhaps all those high star ratings from previous clients were all from folks that got lucky. You can all make your own choice in whom provides these services but if I am an Angie’s List, I would strongly consider a more thorough review of the vendors on your program. Unfortunately for us, we called upon one that does not belong in business.

Description of Work
Unit stopped working 13 months after purchase

Category garage doors

If this damage was caused by my employee, I would have graciously accepted responsibility for it. My company has an impeccable reputation in the Kingwood area. I've had a couple of mishaps over an 18 year span, and I've always taken care of my customers. The unit (Garage Door Opener) went out because of faulty springs. We advised this customer to replace the springs 13 months ago. Labor warranty is for 12 months. Defective springs voids any type of parts warranty. I am also insured and my employee is bonded. I refused to file a claim because of the fraudulent behavior of the customer. [Member Name Removed] walked into the garage immediately upon completion of the work. She had her check book in her hand as she came out of the door. She never made eye contact with my employee. She came around the car, and immediately looked down at her vehicle, and proceeded to throw a literal tantrum. She didn't ask my employee if he scratched her car. She immediately accused him, and started insulting him. She demanded that he pay for the damage. I saved multiple pictures of the damage. If a cordless impact fell from the top of my employee's ladder, it would have made a terrible noise, and caused way more damage then what was caused. This is not a typical situation. This is a classic case of someone trying to make a company pay for their mistake. This review is full of false information.

03/10/2018

David L.

Effortless. The tech came to review the situation, gave me options on equipment, scheduled an appointment, showed up as scheduled, and did the job under half a day. Could not have gone better.

Description of Work
Replace motor on garage door

Category garage doors

Happy that you're problem is solved. Let us know if we can help in the future. Thank you for the positive words.

01/27/2018

Rene D.

Called mid-morning and received a call right back. I spoke with owner who scheduled service for that afternoon. He diagnosed what he expected to find based on the problem I described. Technician contacted earlier than scheduled and had spring replaced very quickly. Also, replaced wheels in tracks. Tech indicated that opener was showing signs of wear which I also expected. Approved them to order and replace opener. This service will be completed this week. Overall, exceptional service was delivered. Both the owner and tech were very friendly and personable.

Description of Work
Service Garage Door-Cable jumped wheel and door was off track

Category garage doors

So glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words. Hope we can be of service to you in the future.

07/26/2017

Thomas M.

I called Perry's number at 7:30PM. They called back within 30 min. and set up an appointment between 10 and 11 the next morning. They called just before 10 and said they were delayed, but would be there by 11. Arrived about 10:45, straightened door, installed angle iron brace, oiled rollers, chain etc.run door up and down. Works great.

Description of Work
Door came off track and bent at top.

Category garage doors

I am so happy that you were pleased with the service. Hope we can assist you in the future.

06/26/2017

Kenneth G.

Fast and without problems. They were very responsive and were in and out in under an hour.

Description of Work
Had an 15+ year old belt-drive garage door opener with a stripped belt. Had it replaced with a new, smart-phone connected opener.

Category garage doors

Glad we could help. Let us know if you need us again. Thanks

04/22/2017

Lori J.

They repaired a broken support and they came out right away.

Description of Work
They repaired the garage door spring.

Glad we could help!

ProLift Garage Doors of the Woodlands

Your premier garage door service, installation, and repair partner in North Houston.

HandyPro of Montgomery

HandyPro is a local senior modification and handyman business providing high quality services with integrity. We strive to meet our clients at their point of need exceeding their expectations and making home modifications and repairs a pleasant experience.

HTX Remodeling

With over 15 years of remodeling/handyman experience, here to help you with all your remodeling/handyman needs and dreams.

Garage Door Repair. Garage door spring, slipped cable, opener repair, roller and panel replacement. New Garage Door Installation. Automatic Garage Door Opener installation and repair.