Perry Garage Doors

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2010

1921 Spring Cypress Rd

Spring, TX 77388

Garage Door Repair & Installation. At Perry Garage Door Repair we specialize in garage door repair. Many of my customers have been misinformed about their garage door and automatic opener. When your door or opener breaks, it does not have to be replaced. We can repair any make or model garage door or automatic opener. I have been repairing doors for 17 years! When others say replace it, I say repair it! I can save you a lots of money! Multiple time Super Service Award Winner!...

03/04/2019

Nancy G.

Ryan did a great job installing the garage doors and the garage door opener. He was very punctual, professional and worked alone. I love my new doors, the color matched perfectly and I would hire Perry Garage Doors again. The only downfall, it took a long time for the standard doors to come in.

Description of Work
New garage doors

Category garage doors

Thank you for your kind words. Sorry it took a little more time in usual to get them installed. Look forward to assisting you in the future.

02/11/2019

blake B.

says 24 hours on website called was told would get a call back in 20-30 minutes. No one ever called back. Time I called was 4:19 pm

Description of Work
need a garage door quote

Category garage doors

We were simply enjoying the day as a family (Sunday). I forgot to call Mr. [Member Name Removed] back. I apologize for the misunderstanding. If Mr. [Member Name Removed] would have given us a call back, he would have gotten a sincere apology. We would have been more than happy to resolve his problem.

11/09/2018

Beth P.

After getting almost 3 feet of water from Harvey our garage door openers needed help. One wouldn’t open at all and needed new sensors while the other just quit working from our cars??? Perry’s serviceman was here first thing in the morning and went above and beyond to fix all of our problems. He even went out and bought a universal remote and reprogrammed both of our cars to both garage doors. Would definitely recommend them!!

Description of Work
Sensors and garage door openers

Category garage doors

Glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words.

08/21/2018

Robert E.

Very punctual, pricing was good, the professionalism of the technician was good. Very courteous people who work for this company from the owner to the receptionist. I would definitely recommend this company for all of your garage door needs.

Description of Work
Springs broke on door

Category garage doors

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to do the best we can! Let us know if we can further assist you.

08/18/2018

Sherman and Carolyn E.

Replaced spring but then technician tried to sell us a new overhead unit over replacing our existing unit that was still in its warranty period. However while the technician was in our garage, he proceeded to damage our car, one we had owned for only a month. When confronted, he denied it as he could given no one witnessed it. The specific damage was a large vertical scratch and a dent, which we deducted to be caused by the large cordless screwdriver sitting on a ladder next to the door with the scratch. To add, the estimated $700 in damage never should’ve occurred as the car was IN the garage, which we came to learn that the tech was not following company policy by performing work with a car in the garage. We proceeded to have a debate over the damage, tech continued to deny cause, and the owner instead of considering the customer viewpoint, sided with his employee. The employee was his son we came to learn as the owner proceeded to tell my wife that he always tells the truth so he must have not done it. Instead of offering to immediately come out to our residence to attend to this matter, the owner simply stated that the customer was wrong and the company was not liable. I reached out to him to schedule time (upon his request) to view the damage but all subsequent follow up has not been returned. Bottom line is that the Perry Garage Doors has employees that are not bonded or insured, not fit for work as this technician had hand tremors, tries to sell the customer equipment that is not needed, has no regard for company policy and clearly operates with lack of integrity and moral character. The owner kept stating that his reputation speaks for itself but perhaps all those high star ratings from previous clients were all from folks that got lucky. You can all make your own choice in whom provides these services but if I am an Angie’s List, I would strongly consider a more thorough review of the vendors on your program. Unfortunately for us, we called upon one that does not belong in business.

Description of Work
Unit stopped working 13 months after purchase

Category garage doors

If this damage was caused by my employee, I would have graciously accepted responsibility for it. My company has an impeccable reputation in the Kingwood area. I've had a couple of mishaps over an 18 year span, and I've always taken care of my customers. The unit (Garage Door Opener) went out because of faulty springs. We advised this customer to replace the springs 13 months ago. Labor warranty is for 12 months. Defective springs voids any type of parts warranty. I am also insured and my employee is bonded. I refused to file a claim because of the fraudulent behavior of the customer. [Member Name Removed] walked into the garage immediately upon completion of the work. She had her check book in her hand as she came out of the door. She never made eye contact with my employee. She came around the car, and immediately looked down at her vehicle, and proceeded to throw a literal tantrum. She didn't ask my employee if he scratched her car. She immediately accused him, and started insulting him. She demanded that he pay for the damage. I saved multiple pictures of the damage. If a cordless impact fell from the top of my employee's ladder, it would have made a terrible noise, and caused way more damage then what was caused. This is not a typical situation. This is a classic case of someone trying to make a company pay for their mistake. This review is full of false information.

03/10/2018

David L.

Effortless. The tech came to review the situation, gave me options on equipment, scheduled an appointment, showed up as scheduled, and did the job under half a day. Could not have gone better.

Description of Work
Replace motor on garage door

Category garage doors

Happy that you're problem is solved. Let us know if we can help in the future. Thank you for the positive words.

01/27/2018

Rene D.

Called mid-morning and received a call right back. I spoke with owner who scheduled service for that afternoon. He diagnosed what he expected to find based on the problem I described. Technician contacted earlier than scheduled and had spring replaced very quickly. Also, replaced wheels in tracks. Tech indicated that opener was showing signs of wear which I also expected. Approved them to order and replace opener. This service will be completed this week. Overall, exceptional service was delivered. Both the owner and tech were very friendly and personable.

Description of Work
Service Garage Door-Cable jumped wheel and door was off track

Category garage doors

So glad we could help. Thank you for the kind words. Hope we can be of service to you in the future.

07/26/2017

Thomas M.

I called Perry's number at 7:30PM. They called back within 30 min. and set up an appointment between 10 and 11 the next morning. They called just before 10 and said they were delayed, but would be there by 11. Arrived about 10:45, straightened door, installed angle iron brace, oiled rollers, chain etc.run door up and down. Works great.

Description of Work
Door came off track and bent at top.

Category garage doors

I am so happy that you were pleased with the service. Hope we can assist you in the future.

06/26/2017

Kenneth G.

Fast and without problems. They were very responsive and were in and out in under an hour.

Description of Work
Had an 15+ year old belt-drive garage door opener with a stripped belt. Had it replaced with a new, smart-phone connected opener.

Category garage doors

Glad we could help. Let us know if you need us again. Thanks

04/22/2017

Lori J.

They repaired a broken support and they came out right away.

Description of Work
They repaired the garage door spring.

Glad we could help!

10/31/2016

Jackie M.

They came and replaced my broken spring with a new one. They were in and out in 30 minutes. Great work. Great quality of work. Very professional. Will use them again!

Description of Work
I had a broken spring replaced.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business. Let us know if you need us again.

08/25/2016

Alysa U.

Overall the work was great and I really like how the workers were friendly they have great prices and I will definitely hire again!!!

Description of Work
Spring job

Category garage doors

Thanks for the kind words!

08/25/2016

Merle Y.

Charged $95.00 to remove bad wire nut at door sensor and twist wires together and leave wire connection exposed with no wire nut or tape. Then said owner was going to be mad because he didn't get to replace opener because he really needed the sale!!!! Called this a service call fee with is not stated anywhere in advertising of services. I live 1 mile from Kingwood, would hate to live 10 miles away.

Description of Work
Garage door wouldn't operate

Category garage doors,doors

I am sorry we could not do the work for free. We repaired your door and only charged you $95.00 for a service call, time, and labor. We saved you the cost of a brand new opener. Sorry we could not meet your expectations.

07/19/2016

charles C.

I contacted Perry Garage Door after a DYI installation went south on trying to get the opener adjusted. I called early Monday morning and they were at my home before noon. The technician worked about two hours troubleshooting everything and could not fix the issue so he suggested returning the unit. He did all that for NO CHARGE!! I called Roy later to discuss the issue and he said they could get me a slightly better unit and install it the next day--even offered to remove the broken one. Next morning they were at the house about 9 AM. Cody showed up with a new unit of the same brand as mine and simply changed out the motor unit and then packed the bad one in the box with the other stuff from the new one. He took the old broken unit and rail with him when he left. Total time was less than an hour. Took the old motor and other stuff back to Sears and got my refund. All in all, a very nice experience. Roy called twice to check on things and our satisfaction with the job. I will recommend them to my friends for sure.

Description of Work
Called them to try and adjust a new door opener I had installed.

Category garage doors

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Give us a call, if you are in need of any further assistance.

01/12/2016

Debbie B.

I was very happy with the work done on my garage door. They showed up on time and completed the work in a timely manner. Very professional and friendly while completing the repair. They did a good job explaining what needed to be done to make the repairs and offered suggestions for future maintenance. I would definitely recommend to others in need of garage door repairs.

Description of Work
Repaired a crack in the bottom panel of my garage door and replaced all of the rollers on the door. They also adjusted the track and tightened up several brackets to ensure the door closed smoothly.

Happy we could help!

01/11/2016

WILLIAM L D.

The technician arrived promptly and worked rapidly. He had a little trouble with adjusting the door tracks, so called owner, who came out as soon as he he was available and did the adjustment. He also made some recommendations for the future.

Description of Work
Replaced springs and rollers, installed strut to reinforce door and adjusted the tracks so the door would operate without binding.

Category garage doors

Hope we can be of assistance in the future.

11/20/2015

Tanesha F.

He was very polite, patient, and informative while explaining the service.

Description of Work
Provided a tune up and new rollers.

Category garage doors

Thank you for the kind words.

11/12/2015

Beverly H.

Timely, professional, answered all questions. Cleaned up area afterward. Left phone number to call if problems occurred. Garage door movement is so quiet we no longer hear it from inside the house. Absolutely no problems. New system is easy to program and operate. Great service.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring and all rollers, . greased door hinges and replaced the garage door opener with new model.

Category garage doors,doors

Glad we could help.

05/14/2015

Kathleen N.

Since I had to burn a day of PTO from work due to plumbing issues, I decided to try and get my garage door repaired also. Called Perry Garage Doors hoping they could come out that day, which they did. When I spoke with Roy I told him that a spring had broken on one of the doors to my shop. Roy had me take measurements and answer a few questions to be sure that his serviceman arrived with the correct parts to do the job. Later, Roy called to let me know that his repairman was running late due to an issue he was having at another job. I appreciate the fact that I was kept updated and not just sitting around wondering what was going on. The serviceman arrived and apologized for being late and was very friendly. He completed the job in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Replaced springs and rollers on two garage doors.

Category garage doors

Glad that we could help.

04/20/2015

Paula M.

The week before there were some storms that blew through with lots of lightning. One of our trees in the front yard was struck by lightning and our garage door opener got a little bit too. I couldn't get it to close the door after it was opened. I call Perry Garage Door on Monday morning around 8:00 a.m. and had to leave a message. They called me back right away and took my information and what I needed and told me that they would be at my house in about an hour or hour and a half. They showed up within the time frame and explained what might of happened with the lightning strike and got to work replacing the unit. They didn't use the cheap unit either, one that would fail in about 6mo. - 1yr. and need to be replaced again. They used a quality, inexpensive Craftsman unit and had it installed in about 30 min. I like Craftsman brand, they make quality items that won't hurt the pocket book. The technician was very polite, and answered all my questions. He even noted that the springs will need to be replaced in the near future, or we will have to replace everything, springs and opener. He did not try to sell me a new set of springs right then and there. But, he was knowledgeable enough to give me an estimated cost at that time. I spoke with the owner on the phone about the springs and replacing them at a later date and he was polite and informative, and willing to work with us and our timeline on replacing them. I will recommend this company to all my neighbors.

Description of Work
Replaced a chain driven garage door opener

Category garage doors

Thank you for the very kind words. Happy we could help!

11/16/2014

Kari F.

The quality of work was good and the price was below all other quotes. They were very knowledgeable about every type of garage door and were very helpful in helping me make the right choice. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Install two garage doors

Category garage doors

Your words are very kind. We look forward to assisting you again someday.

09/25/2014

Juliana J.

My rental property had the big spring on the garage door go out and I called Perry Garage Doors and they were out 45 minutes later and the door was fixed 40 minutes after that. Great service and it was quick. I would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Replaced the big spring and rollers on my rental property garage door.

09/09/2014

Deborah C.

Everything fine at first. Then 2 weeks later, the wireless keypad lost it's signal for the second garage door. I called and Mr. Jackson said he would be there the next day. STILL WAITING, after at least 10 phone calls. NO SERVICE, after the sale.

Description of Work
Replaced rotors on 2 garage doors, put new nylon rollers and installed outside wireless keypad.

Category garage doors

I'm truly sorry for the laps in communication. If you will give me a call, I'll get that taken care of for you personally.

08/26/2014

William and Fran S.

It went well. I would not hesitate to call them again because they knew what to do, and did it in a timely manner.

Description of Work
I called this service on a Sat morning and they came late in the afternoon. Roy partly fixed the garage door and installed new springs, greased everything. He said we might need a new part. We paid the $330. for his work. Sure enough, by Sunday afternoon the door was not working at all. On Mon his partner bought the new, very small rubber part and installed it. The door works, with no strange sounds. There was no extra charge. We got a good repair at a fair price. I was pleased.

Category garage doors

So happy you were pleased with the service. Look forward to helping again, if needed.

08/19/2014

Jack B.

The garage door would not raise and was very noisy so I called Perry Garage doors who I had worked with in the past.. The workman, Jacob, came within an hour of my calling for service. I have a very old model and he initially thought he would have to replace the whole unit. Bur after diagnosing the problem, he determined that just replacing the small traveler unit should be enough and he was right. This was quite a bit less than the cost of a new unit. Jacob was punctual, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would definitely use Perry Garage Doors again. They accepted my $10 off coupon from Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replaced the Traveler device on the opener.

Glad we could help!