Advanced Window Products

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2004

5041 Spencer Hwy Ste 704

Pasadena, TX 77505

Michael first entered the window business in 1982, by installing windows throughout Houston. After gaining 15 years of experience locally, he started AWP in 1997 with a determination to focus on high quality service and a better customer experience. This dedication to personalized care has been the basis of our commitment to every client. Our company is family owned and operated. All of our installers have over 20 years of experience, so you can trust that the job will be completed thoroughly and correctly the first time. We stand by our products with warranties that rise above many in the industry, including a lifetime glass breakage warranty and a lifetime labor warranty. Our specific focus on windows has earned our company a respected name in the window industry. In addition to providing replacement windows with more energy efficient options, we also specialize in turnkey products for Galveston and other coastal areas that require Windstorm Certification from the State of Texas. Advanced Window Products is a Gold Star Member of the Better Business Bureau, with an A+ rating. We are also a proud member of Angie's List, where we currently hold the top rank in positive customer reviews in our category. Our outstanding dedication to our customers has earned us over 250 positive customer reviews on Angie's List, and we have been awarded the Super Service Award every year since 2010....

window replacement (373)door installation (36)window treatment (20)

01/11/2021

Whitney J.

Great! They showed up before I left for work and finished about 30 minutes after I returned home from work. No prep or clean up from the home owner. Other than great looking windows, you would not know they had been there.

Description of Work
Placed 95% of windows

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. W

03/21/2020

Erick M.

When I researched window companies for the 40+ windows in my home to be replaced I set appointments with about 6 different companies to come in and show product and give quotes. After speaking with Michael Wright, the owner, I thought that I had found a company with the honesty, integrity and commitment to quality that I value being a craftsman myself. Unfortunately, this transaction could not have went more wrong. 1) They did not show up to take measurements for windows when they had agreed to until I threatened to cancel. (Wish I had now) 2) The crew that came out to my house did not perform in a clean professional manner as expected. I even had to fish glass and nails out of my pool that is 20’ away. I was also picking up glass pieces around my house for 6 months after. Worst part is, they had the needed tarps so this didn’t happen and left them folded up sitting in my yard! 3) The quality of the windows are not what was expected. They are not much more efficient than what I had and did not cut the noise as much as the Pella windows I had installed myself at my old house that I bought from Lowe’s. The screens are junk and don’t fit right either. 4) The installers were not only messy but the work was unacceptable. I had to have them come back out several times to fix various issues. Michael said he needed to cover costs and asked to be paid but promised to fix the remaining issues. He personally came to my house and seemed to really care so I stupidly paid them before all issues were corrected. Now I can’t get a call back still even a year later. So I still have window sills that look like they were cut by a caveman with a dull rock and screens that don’t fit and a few other irritating flaws like the windows not being plumb and square to close as they should.. 😡 My next door neighbors got recommended to WINDOW WORLD when they asked because their work, professionalism and product was superior at my brother in laws house that was done a week before mine... AND THEIR QUOTE WAS CHEAPER. Can’t believe I got duped like this.

Description of Work
40+ windows

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

This job was sold on 3/25/19. On 3/29 Mr. [Member Name Removed] called my office to say that due to the fact our crew had not been out to get final measurements he would like to cancel his order. I conveyed to him that we usually allow one week after the sale to have the crew come get the exact measurements and it had only been 4 days. He then admitted that his brother had recently ordered new windows as well, but his were going to be double hung, and he now wants double hung also instead of the single hung he had originally ordered. I told him that we could allow him to change his order to double hung, but there is a cost difference of $1,900.00 to do so because they are a higher pricied item. He was really upset and asked if I could only charge him $1,000.00 extra for the double hung. I agreed to this. We called the customer to let him know his windows are ready and to schedule his installation. He asked if I could hold his job for 6 additonal weeks as a favor to him, as he was trying to purchase a second house and it could mess up his financing. I agreed, even though this is not our normal practice. Once we installed the windows, the customer called me and said he was unhappy with the way his installation went. I personally went back out to the jobsite to take a look at what he was unhappy about. In all fairness, I did agree that there were a FEW small issues and I assured him we would make all of the neccessary changes ASAP. He was not happy with that and he said he wanted to receive an additional discount of $900.00 (the remaining cost differenece in the double hung upcharge). I agreed, and had my crew go fix the issues. I also gave him the additonal $900.00 off. We shook hands and he said he was satisfied. I have not heard from him since that day. He has never called our office, nor sent any type of email, letter or anything since. We take great pride in our work and do our best to make sure every customer is happy, hence our 5 star rating with over 500 positive reviews.

02/09/2020

Ambica S.

Words fall short on how wonderful this company is. Their work ethic and values surpasses any I have met in the "construction/building" industry. After getting cheated by a contracting company and left with no windows- Mike not only offered to help me out financially but also had the windows expedited and I get them installed in less than 2 weeks. I am so immensely grateful to him and his team. They are professional, punctual and most importantly NEAT! They treated my home like their own. Just when you think everyone is out there to "get one on you"- this company makes you believe not only in good workmanship but also the goodness of humankind. I wish the were more companies out there like him. I wish him and his entire family/team all the goodness in the world!

Description of Work
10 new windows installation.

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Review for Advanced Window Products - 5041 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX - 38377262

Thank you so much for your kind words. You were wonderful to work with and we are so happy we could help you out! Thank you for your business!

05/08/2019

Nancy A.

We were VERY impressed with Advanced Window Products. Their salesman was professional and came it at a very reasonable price, the man who measured the windows also led the team that installed the windows. They took down and then put up the window treatments as part of installing the windows. They put down tarps and covered furniture before taking out the glass. We were impressed with the technique they used to remove the panes. They used a propane torch to heat the adhesive and carefully remove each window panes until enough panes were removed that the whole window could be taken out of the frame. With rare exception was a pane of glass broken. They were neat, tidy and efficient. The installation was put to the test recently when our area received upwards to 10" of rain in an hour for many hours, not a single window leaked. We are pleased with the quality and look forward to finally having a house that will be cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We would recommend Advanced window products to anyone interested in window replacement. We had a wonderful experience with them, they are true professionals.

Description of Work
replaced the 35 yr old single pane builder's windows

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your business!

11/09/2018

Heather T.

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE from beginning to end. The entire process was really nice with AWP. We had a couple of companies come out before them, and they were so pushy and disrespectful with their annoying outdated sales tactics. No pressure at all from AWP, they just gave us the price and let us take our time with our decision. The install went really well, they moved all our furniture for us, took down our curtains and blinds and put them all back (which didn't expect!). Overall we LOVE our windows from AWP. It made a huge difference and we can't believe we didn't do it sooner. We definitely recommend this company!!

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you love your new windows. thank you for your business!

09/03/2018

Keith M.

great service ,great window products, they did a great job on my first windows install, now in a few weeks they will be doing the last 3 windows in my house, for a total of 8 storm windows

Description of Work
replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

06/22/2018

Janet M.

Phillip, our sales representative, was the number one reason we went with AWP. We had interviewed 6 window companies, and Phillip new every detail on window installation, window production, and we were just very impressed. His company did not disappoint. We had 32 windows replaced, and it took two days. The installers were very professional. Two windows have defects, and the company immediately put in an order for replacement. I would say the only thing, and it's a small thing, is I'd like the guys to do a little more clean-up afterwards especially under the windows outside, but it wasn't all that bad (Note: They do not break windows to remove them. We had heard horror stories of glass flying everywhere from other people who have replaced existing windows). Highly recommend AWP.

Description of Work
Replace all existing windows in home

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

05/29/2018

Dave S.

From beginning to end, this was a very high quality job (throughout the entire organization). All of the people at AWP were very courteous, responsive, and professional. All of the windows were ordered and arrived exactly when promised. The quality of the windows is very high too. The entire job was completed in one day and the crews cleaned up very nicely. We are both very impressed with the job this company did for us and would highly recommend AWP to anyone needing their windows replaced with high quality and exceptional service. Well done!

Description of Work
Replacement of all 31 windows in our home

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

04/23/2018

Derek H.

Excellent experience! Consultation was superb without any pressuring from their company. Windows came in weeks earlier than expected and were installed the very next morning. Installation was quick and professional, and everything looks great! We can already tell a huge difference in heat and air quality with the new windows. Will definitely be purchasing from AWP again to complete the rest of the windows in our home in the future. Note- I did receive estimates from multiple companies in the area, and AWP had that positive gut feeling from the very first time I called. I am extremely glad that I did not go with another company.

Description of Work
Replaced 8 windows.

Work Completed On 04/21/2018

04/09/2018

Susan K.

Nothing past the initial phone call - they didn't want my business since I didn't have a need for 5 windows or more. Unbelievable way for a business to operate! Don't waste your time like I did. Would never recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
I needed 3 new windows installed

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

Custom vinyl replacement windows, energy efficient windows, hurricane windows double pane windows

Window and screen repair projects for products we did not install

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available