Done Right ! Remodeling

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2008

4.3

1806 Roanwood Dr

Houston, TX 77090

We're a full service remodeling company that can handle your remodeling job from the begining to end. Once we show up, your job takes priority and will be completed in the shortest amount of time possible. We would never take your money and stretch out your job for months on end. We want to thrill people with the results and all aspects of the job....

04/10/2017

Edward P.

Charlie is a craftsman of the old school. He does top-notch, professional work at reasonable rates. He repaired my fence on two separate occasions and did a really great job. I would definitely hire him again for other projects that I need him for.

Description of Work
I had fence repair work that needed to be done in the back yard after heavy storms.

Category fencing,handyman service

07/16/2015

Leta P.

The initial discussion went very well. Charles came out and walked through all of my requests. After meeting the first time I did not hear back. I called and left a message as well as sent both an email and a message through Angie's list asking for the estimate. Charles responded letting me know that he was having trouble locating some product and asked if I wanted an estimate for the remainder of the work. I responded yes, I would like to get an estimate on the work he could perform and never heard back again. I was able to get someone else in and they have completed most of the work I request in a couple of days.

Description of Work
I had many little projects that I asked for estimates on. I knew that the total of the projects would add up but I wanted to get a total for each project.

07/01/2014

Carol B.

They work on the job, don’t fool around, and are very conscientious.

Description of Work
They did some electrical work and wood work.

Category electrician,woodworking

Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

05/05/2014

Libby I.

You've got to know exactly what you want AND have what you need to get those things done -- they won't tell you what you need or get it for you in advance.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal for $223 for Handyman for the Day. Install ceiling fan, hang pictures, install lights.

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting,ceiling fans

04/23/2014

Linda C.

APPARENTLY - IT IS TOO HARD TO COMPLETE THE REVIEWS - NO WONDER THERE IS NOT A SIMILAR REVIEW FOR THEM. THEY DO NOT ALL MAKE IT TO THE WEBSITE.

Description of Work
DID NOT PERFORM SERVICES. DID NOT RESPOND QUICKLY. I HAD TO SEND HIM 2 REMINDERS TO CALL. HOMEOWNER TO SET UP INITIAL INSPECTION. THEN IT TOOK HIM A WEEK TO SEND PROPOSAL. AFTER I SENT HIM AN E-MAIL ABOUT NOT RESPONDING WITH A PROPOSAL. I AM A REALTOR AND DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BABY-SIT CONTRACTORS AND TO REFER SOMEONE AND HAVE THEM BEHAVE THIS WAY DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON ME. VERY DISAPPOINTED. THOSE DETAILS ARE PROVIDED ABOVE. DETAILS ARE PROVIDE ABOVE.

Category handyman service

Here is the exact quote from the customer this realtor refered to me: "Thanks for your quick response I will review it with my wife and get back to you later this week. " In fact, I replied to a rambling email of her's to let her know that I already met with the customer and already sent him a proposal.

02/13/2014

Sussanne K.

I did not get any follow up from the last e-mail.

Description of Work
The work was never done.

Category handyman service,ceiling fans

I tried multiple times to set up a date to do the Handyman for a day work. During my last contact, she said she'd get back to me and I never heard a thing since. The email thread is attached. Just let me know and we'll set up a hard appointment. You have until the middle of October. In a message dated 7/22/2013 4:57:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [member name removed]@comcast.net writes: I'll get back to you. I think what I need is minor. Sent from my iPhone On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:03 PM, CReiner255@aol.com wrote: We do just about anything but, I'm not the roofer. Especially in the summer. In a message dated 7/22/2013 4:00:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [member name removed]@comcast.net writes: Thanks. What work don't do you do? Thanks. Sent from my iPad On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:54 PM, CReiner255@aol.com wrote: Hi [member name removed], I'd be happy to do the work for you. This obviously fell through the cracks. If you want, I can get your work done this week. ~Charlie 713-557-7328 In a message dated 7/22/2013 11:43:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [member name removed]@comcast.net writes: I never got a response from you about work I needed to be done. Since I paid with my credit card. I wi have to reverse the payment. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone On May 2, 2013, at 1:46 PM, [member name removed]<[member name removed]@comcast.net> wrote: Friday I will not be here and Saturday I cannot do it. How about next week? I also wanted my front lamps on the front door replaced. I think I can get these at home depot. I am not changing door fixtures now. I need my master bath repainted (it will need primer) because I have one wall near my vanity that has been painted twice and still looks like the paint runs in one spot . What primer should I buy? A couple of walls just need touch up. Problem i have is paint matching so I will need to test the paint I have before your guy gets here. Soonest I can do it is next week. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone On May 2, 2013, at 9:53 AM, CReiner255@aol.com wrote: Actually, I'm better able to get your work done sooner rather than later! I have a couple of big jobs lined up. I can do your work tomorrow (Friday) if you like. Or, Saturday and I can leave my guy there in the morning for a bit as I have to see another customer for a little while not too far from you. The best paint for your baseboards would be an oil based semi-gloss for best results. Sherwin-Williams carries a paint called ProClassic in a semi-gloss oil paint that works the best. While you're there, pick up a Purdy 2 1/2" sash brush made for all paints. I'll supply all the other rollers and brushes for your other painting which I'll assume are for walls and ceilings. Let me know. ~ Charlie In a message dated 4/30/2013 1:24:51 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [member name removed]@comcast.net writes: Wow! Thank you for responding. When I thought you had a large response to the Big Deal I had no idea it would be this big. I am sorry if I seem impatient, I actually thought no one was responding. I need all my base boards painted ( at least downstairs) and some painting done in a couple of rooms I also need to change out my door fixtures throughout the house. I will of course provide the paint and fixtures. I will take a run through the house and see what needs to be done. Will you provide paintbrushes or do I need to get those? I have no idea what to get in terms of brushes but I can find out. Thanks for responding. You are really inundated right now. I don't need the work done until about May 10th if that would work? Thanks again and my apologies for being pushy. [member name removed]. Sent from my iPad On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:12 AM, CReiner255@aol.com wrote: Hi [member name removed], I have been overwhelmed by the response to the angies big deal. I got about 400 emails and phone messages and it has become out of hand. I could schedule your work as soon as this Tuesday if that works for you. I just need to know what you need done so I can bring the appropriate tools. Let me know and I'd be happy to help you out. Sincerely, Charlie In a message dated 4/26/2013 1:20:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [member name removed]@comcast.net writes: Hello: I have tried to contact you twice by phone now to schedule a time for one of your people t come out and carry out work under the terms of the Big Deal I found on Angies list. I left a message yesterday, but to date, no one has called back. If I don’t hear from you soon I would like to get my money back for this purchase. I understand you probably had a lot of response on this but I would appreciate a response so I can schedule the work. I am getting ready to sell my house. Thanks. [member name removed] [member information removed](h) [member information removed] (cell) = = = =

01/31/2014

Laurie C.

Charlie and Miquel do great work. I completely trust them and felt comfortable leaving them alone in the house. They performed all of the work above and more. Charlie is really laid back and there were no "emergencies" or "freak outs" with his work. I could just tell Charlie what I wanted and not worry. He always seemed to do what I wanted with his extra touches. I'm the daughter of a contractor so I know what the job takes...and I am so glad I had Charlie to do the work. I would call him again in a minute to help me out.

Description of Work
Installed a new shower in Master Bath. Installed new motors in all bath fans. Replaced faucet for sink in guest bath. Fix Chimney w/hardiplank & paint. Replaced facets in both Master Shower and Guest Shower. Installed a new light fixture at the top of the stairs. Hang Drapes. Seal and stain deck and patio swing. Replace boards on deck and paint. Fix Bed Posts on Canopy bed. Repair tile at front door (not an easy job, but it looks perfect. Fix pickets in fence. Fix Mercury Lamp, repair siding/trim and replace with motion detector lamp. Fix french drain. Hang Platter above stove. Install fire alarms. Stabilize staircase railing. Trim upstairs doors. Install new fans in bathroom. Stop rain running through outdoor fan. Replace guts on downstairs toilet. Stop leaking toilet in master BR. Installed new ceiling fan in LR and I'm certain there is more.

Category ceramic tile,decks,electrician,handyman service,remodeling,chimney repair,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters

One of my best customer's ever! Like a men's store TV pitchman exclaimed.. "An educated consumer is our best customer".

11/29/2013

POLLY C.

See above. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
I have already reviewed their initial services performed, in which I gave them an A. One of the things they did was install a toilet in the master bath. Appx 2 months later I noticed a huge crack in the base of the Kohler toilet. I called owner, Charlie, to come out and look at it. I didn't know if his installation was the cause or if the Kohler was defective. Charlie took it upon himself to take a photo of the crack and send a letter to Kohler. GOOD NEWS! Thanks to his effort, Kohler agreed to replace the toilet with a new one for free. Charlie also said he would remove and replace the old toilet at no charge. I am very pleased.

Category handyman service,home remodeling

11/01/2013

Jennifer G.

Basically what I had was basic punch list so it wasn't very difficult. They were very nice, prompt, timely, went to the store and got the filters that I needed to replace in my home. I had to redo part of the curtain that he had hung, one side didn't match the other but other than that, I really don't have any complaints. I probably would not use them for anything other than what I had them for which was really basic punch list.

Description of Work
I had the chance to use Done Right Remodeling and it turned out fine.

Category handyman service

This member called me a few days before her coupon expired. I scheduled it that coming Saturday. I called her the same day she called but in the evening. Well, I did find out after we spoke that evening that she called my cell phone, my house, sent an email to my web site, an email directly to me and another email through Angies list. I guess she was frantic not being able to connect immediately after waiting for 6 months and that's why I got a responsiveness grade of "C". We did a whole slew of things. In fact, I stayed 30 minutes later than I was supposed to.... for FREE. I'm surprised the curtain was different on one side as I was supervised by the customer and her mother the whole time. How could that be? I know it was the exact height and distance from the window on both sides. But she did change her mind on the placement three times. And yes, I think the color of the drapes are fine. Really.

09/30/2013

Erin C.

grout was not done well at all, it was sloppy and really wide, had to tell him it was unaaceptable work. two guys, one wacthes the others, they both go get parts (really??) not again sorry

Description of Work
grout repair vent change and clean dryer lint clean out

Category handyman service

Nice lady. You can tell she did and does a good job raising her kids. Her Penne pasta with fried onions and pancetta in an alfredo sauce was great. I've made it myself since then. But, onto the review. Perhaps too much time has gone by. We did all the chores she requested except for the light bulbs of which she had none so we both went to Walmart to buy her some. Unless she would have preferred one of us to stay and watch her cook. :) We didn't do any grout at all; but we did caulk an area in the shower that was missing grout. Caulk is usually about 1/4" wide to properly seal it but she preferred a minimal line. So, we removed it and caulked it they way she wanted it. Some areas really needed grout because it was a porous stone tile and she had no grout. This was a Handyman for a day deal and the customer has to provide the materials. Otherwise, I have to go to the store. We also were asked to change out the batteries in all the smoke detectors and found out that it was a central alarm system with no batteries at all. A prior company apparently charged the woman for replacing batteries and they didn't do a thing. The alarm system needs to be activated so the smoke alarms work. But she told be she isn't worried because her husband is an ex Army Ranger. So much for Angies List reviews. The woman told me she was happy with the work and would provide a good review. In fact, she even gave me her business card.

Guardian Gate Services, LLC

We help keep your property free from unwanted guests by designing Custom Gates that fit your lifestyle with secured access control at your convenience. We install and repair gate operators, traditional and ornate gates and provide estimates all while whistling old school show tunes. (Dance routines are an additional fee). With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we provide the best product knowledge, project planning and troubleshooting around. We aren't scared of any challenge or Gate Operator!

ValCast LLC

We have been specializing in interior and exterior painting, for residential and commercial properties. We also provide services for drywall, sheetrock, staining, floor sealing, and more! Our goal is to keep our customers happy! We guarantee your satisfaction, we offer affordable pricing, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We also accept PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, and Cash App, in addition to checks and cash! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Affordable Remodeling by John

Where integrity and precision matter. I, John, do most of the remodeling and daily repairs that help your house work properly for you and your family's needs. I work in an orderly fashion and do every job as if I were doing it for myself or even a close family member. I use licensed subcontractors for plumbing, electrical and other trades that require licensure. Serving portions of Harris County.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Interior and exterior painting, hardie plank siding, doors, windows, kitchens and bathrooms, tile, sheet rock, tape & float, carpentry, custom cabinets, room additions, concrete work, fencing, decks, carpeting & gutters.

Roofing in general but we can take care of minor problems and those associated with room additions and the like.