Mobile Mower Mechanic Small Engine Repair

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

2451 Flowering Tree Dr

Bartlett, TN 38134

A mobile, onsite, small engine and lawn mower repair service that offers tune-ups, rebuilds, and maintenance on most all 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines and outdoor power equipment. There is a $45 to $65 charge for service calls (depends on how far away you live), plus a minimum of one hour labor per

07/14/2020

MaryBeth G.

Eric was awesome!! What a great company!! Serpentine belt started smoking, pulley locked up and needed scheduled maintenance. Called as soon as it happened. Spoke to Troy who was very pleasant, kind, and understanding. He was able to get me in with only a three day wait. It was a late evening appointment but did not mind at all since waiting for such great service was well worth it and they were back logged due to Coved-19! Eric even arrived an hour earlier than scheduled! He had already put in a 10 hour day and still had one more appointment after mine!! Everything needed to repair my JD L130 was on his truck...fully supplied! Eric was very professional, personable, and explained the multiple questions I had with great patience. He respectfully exercised social distancing and wore a mask when I was present. When I came outside he made sure to put his mask back on before I approached him. The next day as I was mowing the lawn the mower puttered and shut down. I called right away and spoke to Eric about what happened. He didn't skip a beat....I explained what happened and he said I will be out this evening and get that taken care of for you.....turned out a small piece of debris was in the gas tank and blocked the fuel line. Took him a minute to figure it out...cleaned the line and bam........it started right up!! Mower is working perfectly!! With out a doubt he has earned my loyalty as a customer!! Not many businesses now a days have such great work ethics and care for their clients!! Thank you Eric and Troy for taking care of this new and forever client!!

Description of Work
Serpentine belt replaced, pulley replaced, flat tire fixed, scheduled maintenance on John Deere L130

Category lawn mower repair, sharpening

07/24/2018

Steve D.

I took the mower over to their business location and the work was completed the same day. I imagine I was a little lucky on timing, and taking the mower to them definitely speeded the process up.

Description of Work
my push mower throttle wasn't working correctly; got that fixed plus new spark plug and air filter

Category lawn mower repair

Thank you for your business. Glad we are able to fit you in. We are rarely able to get equipment repaired same day without an appointment, being that we're 6 weeks behind on appointments.

04/12/2018

Chris S.

Eric did a super job on getting both pieces of equipment back in operation. My experience with him and his service over a period of years has been consistently excellent.

Description of Work
Install of belts on riding mower, carburetor repair on leaf vac

10/05/2017

Jeffrey B.

Eric and his employee arrived promptly at the appointment time and proceeded to troubleshoot my mower. I’m delighted to report they quickly diagnosed and effected repairs, then proceeded to complete required annual maintenance (blade sharpening, oil change, spark plug etc.). Excellent work with highly professional demeanor. I recommend this company to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
My gas powered lawn mower stopped working recently and also required annual maintenance. I called upon Mobile Mower Mechanic last year for their expertise and knew I could rely upon them to fix and maintain my mower again.

08/30/2017

Daniel M.

These guys know their business! Top professionals in the repair of lawn mowers! Once arriving on site, they did an outstanding of repairing the lawnmower and making other repairs.

Description of Work
Repaired a lawnmower that would not self-propel the hill in my front lawn.

06/25/2017

Laura R.

Couldn't get anyone to respond to get service

Description of Work
Emailed that he would return call and schedule appt but didn't and then didn't respond at all to my follow up request.

Category lawn mower repair

We are 5 weeks behind and I'm doing this all by myself. There are 1.5 million people in the Memphis metropolitan area and I'm the only professional mobile service. Sorry I couldn't respond in a reasonable time.

06/21/2017

Laura R.

He called me back within a reasonable period of time to schedule appt and showed up on time for the appointment. Didn't have something he needed to fix mytire but told me what to do and since I could do it I declined his offer to return. I would hire again. It seemed a bit on the pricey side but it was nice to not have to load up the mower and take it somewhere and then pick it up. The convenience was worth the cost.

Description of Work
Serviced riding lawn mower

06/21/2017

Lynne T.

Sent message. Never responded. Called and person answering phone was very rude

Description of Work
Carburetor cleaned on lawnmower. Would not crank. New mower. Under a year

Category lawn mower repair

I'm sorry, I have never intentionally been rude to anyone calling my business. I can't talk 5 minutes to everyone who calls. (We get 30+ calls a day) I am only one man and can only do so much. If you deem being informed that I'm 5 weeks behind is rude then I honestly don't know what to say.

04/16/2017

Andrea S.

Eric did a great job. He was fast and professional and I'll definitely use Mobile Mower Mechanics again. Thank you

Description of Work
Tuning up my lawn mower

09/27/2015

Russell H.

Nice group, worked quickly and efficiently. Diagnosed trimmers problem and repaired in no time.

Description of Work
Tune up and oil change on mower, and repaired a string trimmer.

09/17/2015

Kay E.

My lawnmower wouldn't start. I called mid-afternoon & he was actually able to stop by on his way home a couple of hours later. My air filter was clogged & some wasps had built a nest on my carburetor, so between the 2 the mower wouldn't start. It was running in about 20 minutes. It was great to be able to make the phone call & he had been by the house & had the lawnmower running before I even got home from work. I believe there was a service charge as part of the total fee, but not having to haul the lawnmower somewhere to get it fixed is totally worth paying a little extra to have him come to the house.

Description of Work
Fixed lawnmower

08/18/2015

Jeffrey B.

Very professional, polite, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
The business owner himself and assistant performed full tuneup of my gas powered push mower. Very polite and prompt service. I strongly recommend Mobile Mechanic Small Engine Repair!

07/29/2015

Sharon W.

Came when expected. Very polite and professional. Per another review on Angie regarding slow follow-up, as this is rush season I contacted and made appt via his website -- not via Angie which he doesn't check as often.

Description of Work
Installed the mower's replacement blade, spark plug and front-drive wheels I'd ordered online from TroyBilt. He also changed oil.

09/30/2014

justin K.

i called eric yesterday and he was able to fit me in for the following evening. He showed up in the dark and immediately started to trouble shoot the lawn mower. An hour later the mower works as good as the day i bought it. He replaced the pull, flushed out the bad gas, cleaned the carb and fixed the self propel. I appreciated his professionalism and his hard work. He didn't try and spin some story about $$$ and whether or not it could be fixed, he just got to work! i highly recommend this guy.

Description of Work
eric repaired our push mower

08/04/2014

BRANDON W.

Contacted Eric and explained that I had a quote from a dealer for replacing the engine which was close to the cost of a new mower. I asked Eric what he would charge and he told me the cost of the engine including installation. I was able to upgrade to a higher HP engine and still save significantly. Eric set a specific day and time, came out and completed the work. He seems very knowledgeable and I would use him again.

Description of Work
Replaced engine on lawn tractor that threw a rod. Also sharpened blades.

06/24/2014

BILLY O.

Eric quickly diagnosed a short in the electrical system of my mower and got it running again. He also cleaned the carburetor and serviced the mower. Work was completed when promised. He was professional, knowledgeable and easy to deal with. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
He serviced the mower and got it to running again.

05/14/2014

Jennie C.

I called and left a voice message to schedule an appointment. He didn't call back that day. So next day, I sent an email via his www address. he called back because he had a cancelation. he arrived when he said he would. he let me watch as he worked. it was a fairly new lawn mower (less than a year old). he didn't see anything obvious so he cleaned the carburetor since I had left gasoline in the tank over the winter. that did the trick. he was very professional. I don't know if the price is reasonable but I don't have truck to take the lawn mower to a shop so it was worth the service call for the convenience.

Description of Work
He cleaned the carburetor.

04/18/2014

Richard S.

It was a very good experience with Eric. He is most knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. I could tell early on as he defined the problems and what could be done that I had the right man for the job. I was most satisfied and will definitely call on him again. I can recommend him without reservation. He quickly focused on what needed to be done and had available all the needed parts.

Description of Work
Worked on two push mowers, both of which had unique problems. Also did regular needed maintenance.

12/12/2013

Tim C.

Excellent service and tremendous mower maintenance service; definitely would use Eric again next year!

Description of Work
Lawn mower fall/winter maintenance

10/09/2013

Eddie S.

Arrived at my house when he said he would. Was courteous and professional. Did good work and gave me good advice.

Description of Work
Replaced head gasket on lawn tractor.

09/03/2013

Matthew W.

Arrived early and was polite and efficient.

Description of Work
Repair Honda push mower

08/26/2013

Olivia F.

He's a really easy guy to work with. If you want simple and professional service call this guy. I am very pleased and would recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
My mower was shot. He completely fixed it.

07/22/2013

Robert H.

Arrived at agreed time. Backed maintenance trailer into driveway and was ready to start analysis within two minutes. Found carb linkage problem immediately and quickly routed the connecting linkages to the proper positions. He fired up the engine and ensured all controls worked correctly. Entire repair job was completed in 15 minutes. l

Description of Work
Adjusted carb linkages on tiller.

06/26/2013

RHODES S.

Everything went great. No surprises, no problems, just great customer service. I will be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Eric did a tune up on our riding mower, push mower, and changed the oil in our pressure washer. The tune up on the mowers included changing the oil, spark plugs, and air filters. We had both blades replaced at a nominal cost as they were bent. Eric is very prompt and professional. I would highly recommend Mobile Mower Maintenance Small Engine Repair!

06/24/2013

Edward T.

The work was done quickly and the quality was great.

Description of Work
Welded a deck wheel on my Cub Cadet lawn tractor.

Knife sharpening
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

On-site residential and commercial repairs, overhauls, rebuilds and maintenance of equipment, oil changes, blade & chain sharpening, safety checks, tune-ups, replacing and repairing of tires & winterizing. Welding on equipment. We are an authorized warranty center and dealer for Kohler, Briggs & Stratton, Honda, MTD, TroyBilt, Bolens, and Craftsman

Although we are able to repair almost anything, we do not work on diesel engines or outboard motors