JONES ELECTRONICS & APPLIANCE SERVICE

With Angi since August 2008

2.6

2300 S Pine St

Spartanburg, SC 29302

We can fix most anything if parts are avalible Repair cost vary based on the product and if the repair is done in the shop or in home

06/01/2017

Ron R.

They come when I call.? I'd give them an A for everything.

Description of Work
They worked on a refrigerator.

12/19/2015

Cassandra P.

Description of Work
Very personable and sweet, efficient knowledgeable, and prompt. Really knows what he's doing. I will definitely use them again!

08/14/2013

Melissa K.

I took my carpet cleaner in and told them it needed a new water pump, as I had the same problem in the past, Called to check on carpet cleaner 2 weeks later, they tell me I was wrong it needed a new plug, they were waiting for part. I explained that was not correct, the electrical plug works fine it is the pump, (the machine turns on and sprays water, had no suction power and I had the pump replaced 4 years earlier, when it did the same thing, he was arrogant and would not listen. Called 2 weeks later and the receptionist tells me the plug did not fix it, needed a water pump, waiting for parts, and if I wanted the machine back I would have to pay for plug repair, 45.00- and she said. "These machines run 900.00 new --what's 45 more dollars" I tried to explain again, this was an unnecessary repair I told you when I brought it in 4 weeks ago what was wrong, again arrogant and "pay or we keep it."Called 2 weeks later- still waiting on parts. Nine weeks later, repairs are complete 189.00, get home plug in machine and guess what--- the machine is still broken, same problem, no suction to reclaim dirty water, and there are odd screws and plastic valves in dirty water bin.

Description of Work
Replaced water pump in my carpet cleaner.

Category appliance repair

we have tried many times to contact this customer to make arrangements to pickup her unit and repair any issues. we warranty all our work she has not responded. difficult, whiny, demanding customer be glad to make it right but next time she needs service I would rather she call someone else.

03/04/2013

Mike K.

I called the service center back and talked to the manager about the service so he e-mailed me the service manuals and the F9 troubleshooting guide for me to look at on my own. When I had enough time I sat down with tools at hand and started to run through the diagnostics for that system. When I came to the drying fan test the system started to beep and that is when I knew it was the drying fan. taking the fan out I found that it was froze and needed to be replaced. I called fisher paykel to purchase a new fan for under 45.00 and it will arrive in a few days. I also called and discussed the service received with them and they informed me that there is a phone dial in support for all technicians as well as a regional support tech that is available for field reps that cannot figure out the problem. I decided then to call the service manager back as I had promised once I found the cause of the F9 and let him know that it was the Fan and his initial response was that they never go bad. Well I hate to tell you but moving parts have a higher failure rate than nonmoving and that is a fact. I let him know that I was not happy with the service his tech provided because it takes 5 seconds to remove the fan and inspect it, either by turning it or how ever. What we received was that the tech turned on the dishwasher before leaving my house and said that if it does it again to call. I understand, from being in the field support role before, that you have a set number of calls to do in a day and they are in it to make money or else the business will go down. My point is that I paid for a diagnostic service and I did not receive that level of guarantee, instead I had to troubleshoot it myself. Would I ever use this repair center again - highly doubtful.

Description of Work
Having a problem with our Fisher Paykel DD24 Dish Washer. Since the unit was out of warranty I looked up the authorized repair center in the area and it turnout out Jones Electronics was one of 2 in the area and I choose them. When the technician came out I was not at home and from talking to my son, who let him in, he was only in the house for 15 min. I paid for a diagnostic of my unit so I could figure out what I needed to do with it, repair versus replace. The tech took the 65.00 check and left without saying anything about what was wrong and how to fix it and when I called the service center the next day they said the F9 error has been a major issue with this dishwasher and could not spend the time to diagnose the problem.

Category appliance repair

customer reminds me of the computer repair guy behind me who changes his own brakes and calls himself a mechanic.... He is super smart but won’t recognize that the is a lot more to running a business repairing cars than just brake jobs you only have one brand, model and problem to resolve. you had the manual and unlimited time to resolve the issue. you were in your home, under no expectations of time or profit Your analysis of this issue is spot on but like any armchair quarterback it is really easy to find the problem after the pass. This customer seems to be more interested in trying to tell me how to run my bussiness than getting his dishwasher fixed.

07/20/2012

Douglas B.

I had informed Jones Electronics on 7/11 (the only Bosch authorized repair facility in Spartanburg) that we had a tree struck by lightening 16 ft. from our house and the only apparent appliance affected was our Bosch dishwasher which was showing an error report E- 01. This referred to the power module of the unit. Mr. Ken Sorrell, the technician, arrived on time on the 12th July - confirmed that it was the power module and would have to be replaced. This would have to be ordered and would take 3 to 5 days to arrive. However, I would have to pay for the entire service including the cost of the replacement module, in advance! I have now been informed that It cannot be replaced until the 25th of July because they have so many other calls to make. I believe the installation of the $147 module should take no more than 10 minute. However they have the money in advance so there is no priority afforded to my repair. There is apparently, a serious lack of ethics involved in this procedure. This is not the way to procure repeat business. I would recommend that the other two locations of authorized repair firms (Greer and Greenville) be approached before Jones Electronics.

Description of Work
Replacement of the power module on a Bosch dishwasher.

Category appliance repair

it is company policy to collect for estimated repairs at the time the estimate is given. Customer was given an estimate and could have declined repairs at that time if he was not comfortable With our policy of collection when estimate is given We had to many issues with customers changing there mind and buying new and leaving us with special order parts that we could not return for credit We are currently 3 days backloged with service requests, yes i agree i is a bit to long to wait but we are do our best to take care of all our customers and with the heat we have had a lot of no cool calls for appliance and ac units which our mapping system puts as a prority over other calls. If the customer had requested a phone call from manager i'm sure we could have worked someting out to get him taken care of a bit quicker Customer contacted us on 7/11 came out on 7/12 (next day) parts we received on 7/20 customer was contacted same day other then being a bit behind helping other customers i'm not sure what we did wrong here...

07/10/2012

Jim S.

After a week's further delay, and having been told that: A, the part was on order and it was taking a long time because it had to be ordered from AHS andB, the part was not yet on order, and C, that the part had not yet been identified, I gave up and asked AHS to assign another contractor, who finally replaced the icemaker motor. I did not like the multiple stories I got from Jones, and especially that a week after their visit, they had not yet even ordered any parts.

Description of Work
This was a warranty repair call contracted by American Home Services for a Frigidaire icemaker failure. Jones' technician came to the house, looked at the refrigerator, took our warranty co-pay, and left.

Category appliance repair

customer was pushy from the start we were trying to get his parts as quickly from AHA as we could. calling 3-4 times a day didn't help reslove the part issue. Hopefully the other servicer was able to get him fixed up

08/08/2008

MELODY G.

We called Panasonic on Thursday, 7/24/08, Panasonic contacted Jones Electronics on Friday, 7/25/08. Jones called us the following week and scheduled service for Wednesday, 7//08, but only sent a pick up/delivery crew (never looked at the TV on site). After we called Jones we were told that they would not even "assign" our TV "to a technician" until Friday but the technician would probably not look at the TV until Monday. When I requested that Panasonic intervene or have a TV returned and repaired by another shop, I was told that this would totally void my warranty because I was not qualified to transport the TV (even though I brought it home from the store) and that I would have to pay Jones Electronics for their service call. I called Jones Electronics and complained and stated that I would like to pick up the TV and take it to someone else. They dishonestly told me that they were the ONLY Panasonic repair service in my area (Panasonic had already given me the name of two more, one of which is very reputable). When I disputed that statement they then told me that they were the only shop who had the necessary parts in stock. It has now been TWO WEEKS and Jones Electronics has not completed repairs on our TV and cannot give us an estimate of when repairs will be completed. Panasonic does offer a "loaner" television through Jones Electronics but I have to give them a credit card number to use it.

Description of Work
Our 8 month old plasma TV quit working while under Panasonic's warranty. We had Panasonic's "concierge service" warranty which stated that repairs would be performed on site in 48 hours.

Category tv repair

I belive she may have us mixed up with another servicer in the area. We did pickup her tv had it for 3 weeks due to the fact that it was waiting on a panel which had to be shipped by truck. this adds 7-10 days to the repair time. Since this happen a few years ago i can only go by the notes in our service log. I don't see anything concerning customer wanting to pickup tv or any other notes concerning any kind of customer issue of complaint. Customer has used us for many other repairs since this issue happened.

Appliance Grandmasters

Appliance GrandMasters of Greenville is a Family Owned appliance repair company. Our factory trained service technicians are experts in the repair and maintenance of most major brands of appliances. From first contact to job completion, you can be assured of professional and affordable appliance service and repair. We offer fast, friendly and courteous service. We use only the best products and equipment and maintain a high skilled staff to answer any of your questions. We have built our reputation on our commitment to providing quality service, which has earned us many valuable customers.

NETWORK NAVIGATORS INC

PROFESSIONAL TECH SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR HOME AND BUSINESS We can make technology accessible! Some of the services that we offer include: Onsite and Remote IT Services Backup and Recovery Hardware & Software Installation and Set up Instant Remote Support On Site Setup and Installation Domain Hosting Email Hosting and management 2 Factor Authentication Cyber Security and Web Protection Custom Built Computers

2022 Super Service Award

My Computer Works

TV Repair
    Electronic Gadget Repair
    Lamp Repair
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Repair and installation of: Electronics: video audio electronic control boards sewer camera units Repair of all types of Home appliance as well as Commerical unit (ice makers walkin coolers) also repair small appliances (irons mixers etc) Computer repair: screen repalace hard drive issues etc