Charleston Painting Contractors

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2009

Call us today, mention Angie's List, and get 15% off your estimate! Charleston Painting Contractors- Your residential painting specialist! We have been providing Interior & Exterior painting in the Charleston Tri-County Area since 2008. A Quality service with workmanship guarantee. No deposit

After PictureA Service Provider's profile imageBeach Front House

house painting (135)interior painting (58)pressure washing (33)decks & porches (20)deck cleaning (12)woodworking (10)general contractors (6)stucco (4)siding companies (4)window replacement (3)handyman (3)ceiling fan installation (1)

11/22/2022

Rita D.

All went well and was completed in less time than expected

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 11/22/2022

11/16/2022

Pam B.

Excellent service and painting looks great!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 11/16/2022

09/28/2020

Debbie S.

Chadwick Wall with Charleston Painting contractors was referred to me by a tenant who had recently sold his home. CPC had painted the interior of his condo and he was happy with their work. I called CPC on Wednesday September 9, I had a bid in my email on the 10th and they started painting on Wednesday the 16 (1 day prior to the start date). Job was completed on the 18. I was so please with the professionalism that I had with this company and I would highly recommend them. I have owned rental property for 25 years and have NEVER had this pleasant of an experience.

Description of Work
Interior house paint

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

08/04/2020

Louise C.

Awesome excellent I know I’d hire them in a heartbeat wonderful job they did

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

06/22/2020

George N.

Excellent quality and their lead man "Harry" is top notch.

Description of Work
Painted entire exterior of house

Category contractors, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

05/15/2020

Randall E.

My experience with Charleston Painting Contractors could not have been any better. They came out gave me a fair estimate, and then took 5 days to paint my home - 3600 sqft. They did two coats on my hardi-plank and the home looks beautiful. Harry and William the two painters that did the work were at the home early every morning and worked hard all day. They did several little extras for me, and were always courteous! I highly recommend them, and will use them again in the future!

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my home - hardi-plank, trim and lattice work.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

Review for Charleston Painting Contractors - 3520 Meeks Farm Rd, Johns Island, SC - 38568716

05/13/2020

susanne J.

Excellent. Showed up on time & finished the whole house in less than 2 days. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
House exterior painting

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

03/09/2020

willie P.

I recently contracted with Charleston Painting Contractors to repair and paint the exterior of my home on Daniel Island. From start to finish, they were consummate professionals. They provided detailed estimates and explanations of how they would approach the job. They effectively partnered with me, providing the tools and expert advice needed to choose the best color palette and layout. As I was arranging this job long distance, the dedication and patience I received were critical throughout the process. While the work was being performed, they kept in close contact, providing regular updates. They were diligent in updating me on the repairs they felt were necessary while providing options and advice for me to consider. The job was completed earlier than expected and the results are amazing. The quality of the work and the attention to detail are beyond my expectations. Their professionalism continued even after the completion of the work. During the final inspection, they made sure I was completely happy with all aspects of the job, even making suggestions for touch ups I wouldn’t have otherwise considered. The work of Charleston Painting Contractors is exceptional. They possess and deliver the talent of true artisans. I will certainly use them again for future needs.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Review for Charleston Painting Contractors - 3520 Meeks Farm Rd, Johns Island, SC - 38432730

12/11/2019

Stephen P.

They gave me a somewhat expensive estimate but they had a good reputation so I passed on two significantly lower estimates. After completing a significant amount of the work they hit me up for an additional 25 percent! Not a good way to do business as they now were astronomical. I asked them for some relief as they have blown out the budget. They politely said no....

Description of Work
Exterior Paint and some carpentry work

Category house painters

It is Charleston Painting Contractors policy to state in writing via email additional wood rot with additional cost on cedar homes. It is also our policy to receive a home owners confirmation on the additional work before proceeding. Charleston Painting Contractors sent an email discussing the necessary wood rot 1 day after starting prep on your project. Our cost for the additional work was discounted from our normally pricing. We received your confirmation reply via email on that same day to proceed. It is unfortunate to have unforeseen wood rot and cost on cedar home projects. However it is our goal to provide a professional painting project that will with stand the elements of a beach coastal environment.

11/30/2019

Kristi W.

The painters did an excellent job on our home! They were always here right on time and very thorough and efficient. If we needed something fixed or touched up, they were back out here immediately. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 11/30/2019

06/11/2019

Stephanie V.

Things went well from beginning of project to the end. Professional staff that was also friendly and answered any questions or concerns I had.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of home

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

06/07/2019

Laurie W.

I was very pleased with this company. They performed exactly as they promised, on time and on budget - with a minimum of muss and fuss. The price they charged me was exactly as quoted and they kindly included a discount because I contacted them through Angie's list. I definitely would hire them again. Painting contractors have a wide range of services and prices here in Charleston and I received quotes from a "high" end paint company and while I'm sure their work would have been done well, it was extremely expensive for the older and less exclusive neighborhood in which I live. Charleston Painting Contractors provided a more budget friendly option while still providing quality service. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Painting exterior trim on one story home

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

02/14/2019

Robert C.

The painting crew was great. Professional and careful. I have found a few drips, but nothing serious. They did a good job of cleaning up after the job. The service from the office and the salesperson was disappointing. Numerous phone calls were never returned. In at least one instance it was necessary to speak with the salesperson about an issue with the job (type of paint). He did not call back until late the next day--way too late.

Description of Work
Paint kitchen cabinets.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

12/31/2018

Richard H.

AOK. They came back & improved on initially so-so work. Ended up great.

Description of Work
Re-mud & paint seams on ceiling & walls.

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

11/28/2018

Dean H.

Superior work, have used them 4 times in 4 years. Always come out best for the money.

Description of Work
Exterior painting.

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

08/28/2018

Jean C.

They did an excellent job and we were very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Exterior Paintintg

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

06/07/2018

Kim C.

They showed up when they said. Did the job. Sent pictures and gave an updated quote when way more rot was found than expected. I am an out of state landlord, but my caretaker was impressed by the speed and quality of their work. With a three year guarantee, I am very happy. The office and crew were very responsive and easy to work with.

Description of Work
We needed pressure wash, replacement of rotted wood and exterior paint job.

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

06/05/2018

Randolph H.

I called Charleston about having my house painted. They came out and gave me an estimate. The gentleman that came out to do the work was a subcontractor and had paper work that had a price much higher than what was on my paper work. After I told him that I didn't like the way he was glazing my windows and several calls between him and Charleston Painting, he decided to leave. The sub also told Tom from Charleston that I had asked him if he did work on the side and that I offered to pay him cash on the side to do it instead of going through Charleston, but that conversation never happened and I do not do work that way. Tom gave the estimate, when its time to do the job, I was dissatisfied, and lead to misunderstanding; Ryan the boss left messages on my phone, we talked and looked at the property, and they were able to point out all the issues and they were able to finish & complete the painting project yesterday.

Description of Work
I hired them to repaint the outside of the house.

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/08/2018

Robert F.

WOW, these guys were excellent painters, no paint drops on decks, no overlap on doors etc. I as fussy when it comes to neatness, and these guys were great. Finished the job in 3 days as they said they would. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painted all exterior trim

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

04/03/2018

Barry R.

This is the second time I have used this company. They never disappoint. CPC sent the same crew who painted the inside of my home to do the outside. They were meticulous expert painters. While they were not the cheapest painters, I was not looking for cheap. I was looking for a fair price for the top quality I expect. These guys delivered both. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for quality painters with integrity and top notch work ethics.

Description of Work
Painted the entire exterior of my home.

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

10/18/2017

Neal W.

Charleston Painting Contractors contacted me and came out to address my complaints and the following day they spent the entire day repainting the areas I was unhappy with and cleaning up the paint splatters I had previously noted. Everything I pointed out was attended to without asking any questions and they thanked me for letting them come back out to make things right and apologized for my bad initial experience. A lot of companies would not do this so it meant a lot. They obviously care about their customers and the finished job and they want you to be satisfied. ORIGINAL: Overall I am happy with the results but there were a handful of issues I found afterwards. The good part is that the color looks great and the job was finished very quickly. I had a few issues with the finished work such as it looking like certain areas only got one coat of paint, despite paying for 2 coats everywhere. Places like trim and small gaps are easily noticeable that they only got painted once and the old color is visible through. The painters were also a bit messy. There are some paint stains on my unpainted brick and there were paint splatters on my exterior tankless hot water water that I had to scrape off with a credit card to get clean. Also, I requested the conduit to my meter not be painted and some paint got on them because of how close they were to the house. I asked if they could either finish painting them to hide the paint on them or clean the paint off and I was told it was water-based paint and I should be able to clean it off myself. Prepwork doesn't seem like it was done to the extent of what was promised. I was under the impression that everything would be caulked (all trim and any gaps) but I am finding areas that I knew needed to be caulked before the job and never were. Lastly, the job was supposed to be done on a Wednesday and a Thursday and on Thursday no one showed up and I received no phone call. It wasn't until I texted the woman directing the painting crew that she apologized and said her painter didn't show up so they would finish the job on Friday; she thought the office would have called me. I felt like because of this the last half of my job was rushed.

Description of Work
House and detached garage painted a new color. This included siding and trim and all pressure washing/prepwork.

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

09/22/2017

Donna M.

The rooms were painted in two days and done very much to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/13/2017

Paul S.

It went well. They gave me a good price, no upfront payment, no extra charges to move furniture. Took 5 day with crew of 5, did one bathroom over because we wanted another color. Very pleased.

Description of Work
80 % of interior, walls, trim including windows, Living rm, dinning rm, Kitchen cabinets, 2 full baths.