Mr. Appliance of Charleston

Founded 2014 • With Angi since October 2019

Mr. Appliance provides speedy expert appliance repair service. Our service professionals have the knowledge to repair your appliances efficiently.

4.1

3.7

4.4

appliance repair (12)

10/04/2022

Michael H.

Received an outrageous quote of over $585 to replace a faulty water valve/ filter assembly. I decided to buy the part for $162 from Samsung and replace it myself. I'll eat the $120 "diagnosis" fee and gladly tell everyone I know to shop elsewhere for their appliance repair needs. Update as of 10/13/2022 To follow up on my previous review, bought my replacement part at a lower price than expected [coupon codes]. The actual replacement took about 45 minutes and couldn't have been easier thanks to YouTube videos.

Description of Work
diagnose noisy refrigerator

Work Completed On 10/03/2022

Thank you for this feedback, Mr. Hirl. We were happy to diagnose your refrigerator for you. If you are able to complete this repair on your own, that'[Member Information Removed] great. You can always save yourself some money by doing any repair or service yourself. This particular repair has some tricky aspects to it and not everyone is able to do it properly. For those that want us to handle all aspects of the repair, from part acquisition, installation, and the 1-year warranty on the repair, we charge for these services. We stand by our pricing practices and the value we bring to our customers through our expertise and experience. I hope that your repair goes smoothly. Thank you again for your feedback.

01/22/2021

John R.

Furnace replacedCall went through this company by mistake it was kind enough to email me back and let me know that it was a mistake. That’s professionalism a gentleman thank you

Description of Work
Furnace replaced

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

We're always happy to help, even if we can't help! ;) Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

11/25/2020

MaryAnn K.

great service

Description of Work
repair washing machine

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

Thank you for the feedback, Ms. [Member Name Removed]. Yes, we want to fix appliances, but providing exceptions customer service is our primary goal every day. Thank you again!

08/08/2020

Stefan C.

Not well at all

Description of Work
Stove repair

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

07/23/2020

Suzanne S.

Fine. Did good job cleaning refrigerator coils, wore mask. Contactless

Description of Work
Appliance maintenance

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/18/2020

leland A.

the defective part was replaced, which I diagnosed. when I called they said there was a $95 fee to diagnose the issue and that I would pay that even if I chose not to have it repaired, so I said if I do choose to go ahead with the repair will the $ 95 be rolled into the total cost? I was told that yes it would. Great sounds like a normal business practice. So upon arrival I told the technician what I thought the problem was. He never went over the issue and next thing I know he comes out and said it was fixed and that yes it what I suspected it was. Fine, then the bill, the $95 he said was just to "walk in the door" ***, really! The bill for parts and labor were over and above the $95. So I called the next day and they said that all parts and labor are in addition to the $95 even though I was told otherwise the day before. They put me on the phone with the owner and he told me that we don't work for free! WOW! What a bunch of CROOKS! I will never use this company again and hope that my post will help prevent others from getting "RIPPED OFF!" My advice, shop around and get solid info. The only reason I used them was a referral from Angie's List

Description of Work
replace a simple door switch on a Maytag dryer

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

I did speak with Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We explain our pricing process, including how our $95 trip and diagnostic fee works, to every customer prior to setting up the appointment. If you choose to have the repair done, you only pay the quoted price (which would include the $95). If you choose not to have the repair done, you only owe the $95. We are exceedingly consistent with this practice and have minimal confusion with our customers. But even after further discussion, Mr. [Member Name Removed] felt that fixing his appliance with a house call and new part that costs $20 for a total of less than $140 was excessive. His self-diagnosis was indeed correct, but we still need to verify the issue ourselves and confirm there are no other issues. I believe the value of our service and expertise warrants the prices that we charge.

06/17/2020

Christopher E.

Had a great experience! This was by far the most professional and friendly home service experience we have had to date. Thank you for the great recommendation !!

Description of Work
Problem with Dishwasher. Needed to figure out what was wrong.

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

04/22/2020

Alan H.

Everything was excellent. The washer and dryer were tested. Success.

Description of Work
Professionally install washer and dryer.

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

04/07/2020

Joe M.

Joe did a great job and has before.

Description of Work
Cloths Dryer died

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

03/16/2020

Roy S.

Found out that birds had built a nest in the vent line. Found dead birds (4) in my dryer. After thoroughly cleaning my dryer and vent line, my dryer work perfectly. They did a great job. The response was outstanding. I was well pleased with the work and would highly recommend Mr. Appliance of Greater Greenville for appliance needs!!

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

11/23/2019

Chari D.

I was extremely pleased. They were prompt giving me an appointment the same day that I called. They were on time and professional!

Description of Work
Service to a non-draining washing machine

Work Completed On 11/23/2019

11/20/2019

Carolyn R.

Excellent. They came out the day that I called and repaired it with a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Icemaker in refrigerator repaired

Work Completed On 11/11/2019