Big Blue Bug Solutions

Founded 1935 • With Angi since June 2006

161 O'Connell St

Providence, RI 02905

Big Blue Bug Solutions at your service! Formerly known as New England Pest Control, we've been protecting New England homes and businesses with the most comprehensive pest control services in the region for over 75 years! Serving Rhode Island, Southern Massachusetts, Southern Maine and Eastern Connecticut, our headquarters in Providence has been made famous by our distinctive landmark, the Big Blue Bug. Nibbles Woodaway aka "The Big Blue Bug" is a 58 foot long, 9 foot tall, 40,000 lb termite on top of our building.The Big Blue Bug has been featured in movies including Dumb & Dumber, appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show - along with other TV appearances, and even represents Rhode Island at the Denver Airport.Our services include bed bug control, termite control, tick and mosquito control, rodent control, stinging insect control, and much more! Stop by our office today to identify a pest or visit our website for more information....

07/06/2020

Mary M.

The service went very well, they did a very good job.

Description of Work
Termite Treatment service

05/05/2020

Edward W.

did not respond to my inqiriry through angieslist. so i would never consider them or would recommend.

Description of Work
pest removal

Category animal removal

We sincerely apologize to Mr. [Member Name Removed] for not responding to his inquiry. It was not intentional. We didn't receive a notification that we had a message. The current pandemic has had a taxing toll on networks and we have been experiencing issues with emails, texts and phone calls not going through. There is no benefit to ignoring a potential customer, so we hope that if the situation arises, Mr. [Member Name Removed] will give us another chance to show him the great service we know we can provide.

11/06/2017

Kathy M.

Very prompt and professional evaluation of building. Explained everything in detail and scheduled the first treatment very quickly. So far going well!

Description of Work
Had a mice problem in an old building that was converted to offices.

07/17/2017

Claudia J.

There's a man named Jeff that is good. I only ask for him. Sometimes they come to spray and others for mice. They do come on demand if needed.

Description of Work
They come every couple of months on a yearly contract.

07/17/2017

Claudia J.

I ask about the chemicals for the sprays, and he answers all my questions. It doesn't take long to spray maybe fifteen minutes.

Description of Work
They helped me get rid of mice and spray.

10/04/2016

Celeste D.

They saved me with the bees' nest! They were in my bedroom and Big Blue Bug came that day.

Description of Work
They removed a bees nest last year and sprayed for termites. This year they did a follow up for the termites

07/23/2015

Nick M.

We are in the process of selling a home and during the inspection, insect issues were identified. Chris from Big Blue Bug came out within 3 business days of my initial call and provided his analysis. He was extremely knowledgeable and gave me a great tutorial on the insects in question. He provided the cost and solution and was very, very fair. I will be having him return to my new property to engage in preventative services as well! Great experience overall.

Description of Work
Investigated for insect issues and provided analysis and treatment options.

05/13/2015

Jane K.

I called to schedule them to come in and do a follow up.

Description of Work
I use Blue Bug. They came in and replaced some of the traps. I had a problem with mice.

01/26/2015

George L.

The work was good. The workers are very nice. They are usually very prompt. I would tell a friend that they do a great work.

Description of Work
They came out to spray for insects.

11/18/2014

Victoria H.

I think he was a little rude and their prices were high.

Description of Work
Inspected the place for pest treatment.

Category pest control

We are greatly sorry that you felt our inspector was a little rude. It is always our intention to treat all of our customers with the utmost respect. There may have been a misunderstanding or a miscommunication that caused this feeling. We do think it is important to note that this "customer" did not actually hire us to do any pest control work. This "customer's" review is based soley on a free inspection. As for our price being high, we feel our prices are fair and reasonable for the work that we do and what is covered by our services. Not all services are the same, a lower (or higher) price from another company is rarely for the same exact service. There are a variety of types of service we offer (as well as what other companies offer), and depending on what the scope of the work is going to be, the pests that will be covered by the plan and the warranty given, there can be a wide variety of prices. When comparing prices, it is imprtant to remember to compare all the features of a service when choosing which service to go with. If there are anymore questions or concerns, we will be happy to discuss them further.

Patriot Property Inspections - Auger Enterprises

I'm Mike Auger, Certified Master Inspector (CMI). I provide home inspection services throughout Rhode Island. My home inspection reports are very detailed and easy to read, with many pictures. They are electronically published to you the day of the inspection to allow plenty of time to react to the findings for your real estate transaction. All clients are clients for life, in that they can always call me for technical assistance or referrals to qualified professional services they need.

Ocean State Home Inspections

We have experience inspecting all styles of residential and commercial properties of all ages since 1998. From there, we have decided to go out on our own by creating our own company in 2020. Sub-contracted services include well water analysis and well flow, lead, mold and air quality testing. Fee is paid at conclusion of inspection by means of check, cash or money order. 5% Angie's List discount applied to cost of inspection at time of booking.

Diamond Hill Pest Control, LLC

Residential and commercial termite, pest control, bugs & animal removal.