Funari Public Adjusters

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2010

2951 S 16th St

Philadelphia, PA 19145

We are a family owned and operated Public Adjusting Firm that has been open since 1987. For over 30 years we have assisted homeowners through the property claims process and have bolstered our business based on our efforts to not only get the greatest settlement possible for our clients, but also by conducting ourselves as courteous professionals who treat our customers with a great deal of respect and consideration. Unfortunately the time when we usually meet for the first time is after some sort of tragic or catastrophic event in the life of a homeowner, i.e. a collapsed roof or burst stack pipe. However, given our attention to detail, knowledge of construction and vast amount of experience we are fully capable of walking you through these no doubt difficult to deal with situations and we can help you come out of it with a great sigh of relief and often a notion of surprise at how great and quick a settlement can come from the claims adjusting process. Give us a call for a free home walk-through and policy evaluation!...

09/27/2022

Jonathan J.

Amazing! Took care of dealing with my insurance company to get me the best settlement possible for my homeowners claim

Description of Work
Public adjuster

Category

08/25/2022

Kayla F.

I was very impressed by every aspect of dealing with Funari Public Adjusters. From the first phone call to receiving the last check everything ran super fast and so smooth. I was a nervous wreck about having to file a claim but Chris Funari made me feel less stressed and I was very impressed on how fast it went. They are very professional and courteous and i would never use anyone else.

Description of Work
Leak from bathroom into my kitchen

Category drywall, plumbing, drain cleaning

03/10/2022

Nitin T.

Chris Funari and his expert team were amazing. They were very methodical in their approach and kept me in the loop the whole step of the way. The whole process from initial inspection to receiving the max possible settlement check was painless and efficient. I highly recommend Funari Adjusters for all insurance claims!

Description of Work
Need Public Adjusters to get Home Insurance Settlement

Category

02/25/2022

Shaneka G.

From the first time I reached out to Funari Public Adjusters, I just felt like they had my best interest at heart. They are amazing at what they do and they will not disappoint. I will recommend them to everyone I know and they will have a forever client with me.

Description of Work
Water damage Claim

Category appliance repair

02/16/2022

Brian M.

Chris and his team were exactly what i needed to negotiate with my insurance company for repairs due to storm damage. They got me a settlement that far exceeded what my insurance originally offered. At every step they demonstrated their experience and persistence. I wholeheartedly recommend Funari Public Adjusters to anyone with an insurance claim.

Description of Work
Public adjuster - negotiated with my insurance company

Category home inspection, roofing, insurance companies

01/25/2022

Holly B.

The Funari's were amazing! My master bathroom shower leaked through the ceiling and into my dining room. Funari's and their team helped right away and were so kind in their work. Everything was explained clearly and their team was ready for all my questions. This was my first major issue as a new home owner and they took such wonderful care of making sure I had all the information I needed. They worked alongside my insurance and my HOA to get me the best results. I am so thankful for all their help and support!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Leak Assistance from Adjusters

Category water damage restoration, insurance companies, mold removal

12/23/2021

Regina A.

Chris, Vito and Gabby were my team at Funari Public Adjusters. They over excel at what they do. Constant follow-up, negotiation, scheduling, re-rescheduling ( on Sunday nights!) with insurance and mortgage companies. I was able to fully and without worry fully delegate the handling of all that to them. They kept me abreast of everything, advised me and explained ALL the steps along the way. When your house has caught fire and you have to vacate it..any kind of accountable help is welcome. They took the ball and ran with it! Chris held my hand through the entire process and helped calm me when stress and anxiety took over. I couldn’t have asked for a better team! I hope to NEVER need you again but I’m glad to know you’re there. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Dealing with home insurance after a fire

Category appliance repair, water damage restoration, insurance companies

12/20/2021

Deb M.

It went well. Funari adjusters were professional and punctual. They were a pleasure to work with and I would reach out to them again.

Description of Work
Water damaged on ceilings.

Category appliance repair, water damage restoration

03/01/2021

Renee D.

We are first time homeowners and had a clogged pipe that resulted in water damage in the basement and damage to our roof from a storm within a few month period. We've never had to file a claim before or deal with this level of damage, and I didn't know where to start (do I call the insurance company, how do I navigate the process?). A friend who had worked with Funari in the past recommended them to me. I'm so glad they did! They did all the work, talked me through the process, and handed me a check at the end. They are professional, competent, and definitely worth their fee. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Filing an home owner insurance claim for water damage

Category appliance repair, handyman service, home inspection, plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair, basement waterproofing, home builders

08/25/2020

Jacqueline L.

We were so overwhelmed after experiencing an electrical fire and water damage to our home. Someone suggested to us to hire a public adjuster. It was the best advice we received. We searched around and decided after reviews to hire Funari Public Adjuster. They took charge of our claim and used their experiences and expertise to get our home livable again. Then the impossible happened, the pandemic, need I say more. Chris Funari went the extra mile, during the pandemic, as well as Joe Funari, Lauren and many others behind the scene. Even through all this, the Funari’s made sure that all communications to us, our insurance company, home inspectors were arranged. What a relief! The best thing we did was to hire the Funari Public Adjusters.

Description of Work
Help for a major insurance claim

07/27/2020

Matthew A.

After our insurance company initially denied our claim for water damage in our kitchen, Funari took a situation where we were slated to get zero dollars and turned it into one where we got a good amount of coverage for the work that the water damage necessitated. Easy to work with, and despite dealing with a somewhat untractable insurance company, they were diligent in getting our claim taken care of.

Description of Work
Public adjusting work on kitchen insurance claim.

02/14/2020

Ellen L.

Our adjuster, Chris Funari, was responsive and empathetic throughout the entire transaction. When we were given an unfair pay out from our insurance company, he fought to get us the amount he believed we deserved and it resulted with several extra thousand dollars. His professional but warm demeanor made us feel like we were in good hands from the very first phone call right up until the claim was closed. I wouldn't use any other public adjusters.

Description of Work
Wind and rain claim

02/07/2020

Dennis S.

Funari Public Adjusters are amazing. They have helped me and my family though out the years to deal with insurance claims and get the maximum you can from the insurance company. Always call Funari before you call the insurance company! Family owned and operated. A+ Only Adjuster you should ever use.

Description of Work
Needed a Public Adjuster

01/30/2020

Tanya M.

Funari Public Adjusters exceeded every expectation. Their knowledge, time, and attention to details helped us through the process of rebuilding our home after we experienced significant fire damage. Funari Public Adjusters are a top notch team with the knowledge and experience that made all the difference!

Description of Work
Public Adjuster

12/11/2019

Loren G.

Funari Public Adjusters helped us get a really nice insurance claim check for a leak in our roof. They were extremely professional - prompt, responsible, polite and answered any and all questions we had along the way. They handled all of the interactions with the insurance company and with the bank. Ours was complicated by the fact that we were in the midst of refinancing and changing mortgage holders and they were able to manage that well and kept us in the loop. We ended up getting a really nice amount that will allow us to do additional projects on top of what the claim was for. Thank you Funari!

Description of Work
Manage insurance claim for leak in roof

11/15/2019

DR LINDA Z.

Don't hesitate to use Funari Adjuster for your insurance claims. Chris was very professional and helped us receive the full financial compensation we needed from our homeowners insurance in a timely manner to pay for repairs caused by a bad leak in our house. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repairs for bathroom leaks

Category drywall, plumbing, interior painters, insurance companies

09/24/2019

Chad F.

Thank you Vito, Chris and the whole Funari adjuster team. They were amazing from the start of my claim to the very end. The team really put my mind at ease by dealing with the insurance company directly so I did not have to. I would reccomend this company to anyone that needs help with a claim. I will be using them for all future claims for the rest of my life

Description of Work
Helped me with a claim with my insurance company.

08/09/2019

Michael C.

I highly recommend Funari Public Adjusters for anyone that has suffered damage to their property. They were very professional and responsive in handling my claim with my insurance company. They made sure that the insurance company paid everything I was entitled to, which was much more than I expected. I couldn't be happier with the result achieved by Chris Funari and his staff!

Description of Work
Adjustment of a property damage claim at my home

07/08/2019

Victoria S.

From beginning to end, Funari was just great. They were immediately responsive, dealt with the insurance company, and got me an excellent settlement to the problem. I would never deal with any insurance company without their assistance in future. A good solid family company who will do their best for you!

Description of Work
Insurance claim for water damage to ceilings.

05/16/2019

Christopher M.

Great. Start to finish was a simple process.

Description of Work
Public Adjuster

05/14/2019

Stephanie W.

From the very beginning Mark, Joe, Chris and Vito were AMAZING! They ran the process in the background so smoothly and efficiently that they turned what was a complete headache into a cake-walk. The 5 stars, praises and A+ ratings are very well deserved and legit. I have recommended them to everyone that I could think of. There’s no way I would’ve been able to recoup the amount that they were able to dealing with my insurance company on my own...and this was even after a prior claim! I can’t thank you all enough! I need clarity and communication and that’s what they provided. From telling me what was happening each and every step of the way to promtply returning phone calls and emails with questions no matter how many times I reached out, they were great. OH! And best part, they really fought for me. When I wasn’t happy with the crazy amount of depreciation that my insurer deducted, Funari fought for me and as a result my insurer cut their biggest check yet! Even negotiating their commission percentage was a breeze! Thank you guys so much for being so pleasant, patient and a dream to work with. USE THEM, don’t hesitate!

Description of Work
Kitchen fire homeowners claim

05/09/2019

Iris G.

RAVE REVIEWS for FUNARI PUBLIC ADJUSTERS We contacted a few adjusters after a house fire. Chris Funari arrived within hours of our call and a year later he is still devoting his time and attention to maximizing our insurance reimbursement despite our protracted renovation delaying our replacing furniture. Chris and his staff were enormously helpful & considerate throughout this process repeatedly educating us and ensuring we were paid for damages we would not have known we incurred. FIrst, he directed us to move out of our house to avoid smoke inhalation. Then, with all the requisite professionals at his fingertips, he proceeded to exceed expectations at every turn including getting fine arts professionals to evaluate paintings, piano, etc. This second generation firm brings extensive knowledge, sensitivity and professional connections that gives them their well-deserved reputation.

Description of Work
Public Adjuster Post House Fire

03/29/2019

Laura V.

Joe was incredibly professional and helpful in preparing me for my negotiations with my insurance company. Ultimately I lived too far and Funari could not take me on as a client, however, they still provided me the guidance, tools and expertise which got me the money I needed to restore my home. I can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Independent adjuster for home insurance claim

03/18/2019

Julia M.

Funari Public Adjusters was the first time I’ve worked with a public adjuster. As such, I have to say that I had an absolutely fantastic experience. I was working primarily with Chris but also interacted with a number of other folks at their business, and each of them were extremely professional, polite, knowledgeable and willing to help in any way. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a public adjuster. While I hope I will not be needing one again any time soon, if I ever find myself in a situation where I need a second opinion with a home claim, I’ll be calling up Funari Public Adjusters.

Description of Work
Home insurance claim assistance

03/06/2019

William C.

Chris and his brother are total pros! They are ultra responsive and saved us a lot of time and headache dealing with our insurance company. REALLY appreciate their great work.

Description of Work
Public adjuster