WILLIAM J BARRY LANDSCAPING

Founded 1947 • With Angi since August 2007

4.4

331 MYRTLE AVE

Cheltenham, PA 19012

10 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. MONTHLY BILLING. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE....

06/11/2013

Jan D.

It went fine and he was very nice man. But the painter I used if you get to that, I love them. It was a good company. I didn't need a company that was so involved, I just needed somebody to help me take some things away but they were very nice and very gracious.

Description of Work
I had used William J. Barry Landscaping last year. I just needed him to take some land waste away and he started out wanting to charge me $400 but he went down to $200 for he was in the area.

06/21/2012

Jennifer F.

We discussed the work needed and he seemed very knowledgeable. Months went by but he never did the work and rarely return my phone calls.I eventually gave up and went with someone else.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category lawn service

DUE TO MY SPOUSE HEALTH CONDITION AND THEN HER DEATH I WAS UNABLE TO RESPOND IN A TIMELY MANNER

04/03/2012

David C.

I contacted Mr. Barry and set-up an approximate appointment time. Mr. Barry arrived and was very pleasant to talk to. He provided answers to my questions and seemed very interested in working on my lawn. Before giving me an estimate, he wanted to mark the low and high spots to make sure we were both on the same page. Unfortunately he did not have any stakes/flags with him at the time. He left with the understanding that he would call me the next day to set-up an appointment after he checked his schedule. It has been more than two weeks now and I have not heard from him. I guess he doesn't want my business.

Description of Work
I wanted to have some lawn work done: · Fill in some low spots · Level some high spots · Seed and fertilize the areas worked on above · Power seed the whole lawn

02/20/2012

George S.

Our lawn was really very bad last summer. It had strange weeds and I couldn't do anything about it. I had to make a couple phone calls to Mr. Barry and he finally came out. He looked at the lawn and identified the weeds and talked about what he could do about it. I told him I also wanted to reduce a flowerbed in size. He gave me a reasonable verbal estimate. He said he would come back and also send me a written estimate. I called him after a couple weeks and he said he'd get back to me. He never did. In mid-November I wrote him a long letter and outlined what had happened. I told him I had gotten his name from Angie's List and I told him I didn't like to give a negative report but I was still open to work with him. I would have been happy for him to tell me the job was too small and I could have found somebody else. To this day I have never heard from him. He was very nice. Everyone thinks I'm crazy that I'm considering giving him another chance.

Description of Work
William J Barry Landscaping came out in late October to help me with my lawn and to look at reducing the size of a flowerbed.

Category lawn service

DUA TO SPOUSE HEALTH AND THEN HER DEATH I WAS UNABLE TO RESPOND IN A TIMELY MANNER

02/08/2012

Carla J.

I really liked their professionalism.

Description of Work
They trimmed the hedges in the yard.

Category landscaping

01/26/2012

Dina F.

They did fine. Showed up when promised and got the job done.

Description of Work
Yard cleaning. Overgrown area.

09/26/2011

Annette G.

They were very professional, showed up on time and did what they said they would do. They understood what was best to do with the different types of plants that I have. They did not start from scratch and create an entire front yard or backyard experience for me, but I have used them for lawn maintenance work. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future; in fact, they are meant to do my ongoing lawn service.

Description of Work
I used William J Barry Landscaping for some cleanup work. They mulched the entire backyard and front yard as well as trimmed every single bush and also some of the trees that I have.

Category landscaping,lawn service

07/22/2011

Peter S.

They were nice. The problem was that I had a fence. It was mutually agreed that certainly wouldn't do the work because they couldn't get their equipment in. I would probably not use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used William J Barry Landscaping to get an estimate probably abut a month ago. They were quoting me for lawn cutting and for cutting some trees.

Category lawn service,tree service

10/10/2010

AMY L.

Positives: completed work @ 80% of the time. Downsides: lawn mowers tore up my ivy on two occasions; first time responded politely and provided some trimming to compensate; second time was quite rude and told me I would need to "pay more" because their machines are "too big" to cut my grass near the ivy (it's close to a tree in one of the spots they tore up). Their snow removal equipment broke down early last winter and they were not able to clear snow as promised. Prices were somewhat high though I would had paid if they had behaved professionally.

Description of Work
Dates and money spent approximate. Company provided leaf cleanup, lawn mowing, shrub trimming, and snow removal for the last couple of years.

Category lawn service,leaf removal,snow removal

08/17/2010

Betsey S.

I think it went well and we will use them again. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They came out to clean up our yard for the summer.

Cambridge Landscapes

Welcome to Cambridge Landscapes, the premier landscape design group servicing the greater Bucks County, as well as, Central New Jersey area. Quality is a key component for Cambridge: products/materials, workmanship, and customer service. Customer satisfaction is the key to Cambridge Landscapes’ success. Whether we are custom designing your backyard utopia or correcting a poor drainage situation, Cambridge gives the same high quality and professional integrity to every one of our customers. We pride ourselves in helping others transform their basic backyards into a sanctuary in which to retreat to after a long day's work or to gather with friends and family.

Valdel Plumbing

Residential Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Service. Owners have over 30 years of experience. Proudly servicing Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County and lower Bucks County with professional, personal and timely service. Guaranteed respect for you, your time and your home. No job is too big or too small. Call us today for Expert Service, Quality Products, and Affordable Price!

Offers by Valdel Plumbing on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

SPRING- FALL LEAF C/U. FULL LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE. LANDSCAPE RENOVATIONS.SHRUB REMOVAL & PLANTING, COMPLETE LAWN CARE & SHRUB CARE. INSECT CONTROL, TRIM & HAND PRUNING SHRUB. WEED, MULCH BEDS, ANNUAL & PERENNIAL FLOWERS,GROUND COVERS. DEBRIS REMOVAL ORGANIC & NON-ORGANIC SNOW PLOWING. FIELD MOWING. SEEDING & SODDING LAWNS. TOP SOIL,GROUND LEVELING & GRADING. STONE PAD INSTALL FOR SHEDS. STUMP GRINGING. WEED CONTROL FOR SIDEWALK & PARKING LOTS. PRESURE WASHING. LINE PAINTING.

LARGE TREE SERVICE.