WINDERMERE VOSS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2010

4.3

6110 N LOMBARD ST

Portland, OR 97203

Windermere Voss Property Management is a full service property management company. Owner Richard Voss established the company in 2003 after seeing a need for his clients and agents affiliated with his real estate office. Having been in real estate sales since 1992, and an owner of multiple investment properties, my business model is based on my personal experiences in handling of properties and tenants. In 2012, we joined the Windermere family as a way to better promote our services and rental listings. I understand the concerns and expectations of owners....

07/27/2020

Jennifer R.

Windermere managed my rental property for a couple years. If I was more experienced with property management companies, I would have fired them within the first month. I live out of state and was trying to rent out my previous home; a townhouse on the SW Waterfront. I was perplexed that my house was not renting despite dropping the price below rental market value. Finally after 6 months of no interest, I reached out to my neighbors who told me there wasn’t even a rental sign in front of the house! I asked Rena Rebe to put up a sign and it was rented within weeks. Two weeks before the tenant moved in, my brother went to empty out a couple of personal belongings which were in the garage. Windermere had disposed of them, including my recently deceased grandfather’s crystal lamps. They did this without warning. After the first year, my tenants lease was up for renewal. I was debating selling the property or continuing to rent it out. I had disclosed this to Windermere, asking about the process. Unbeknownst to me, tenant laws were changing at this time. They failed to disclose that, which locked me into a new lease that I could no longer terminate without paying relocation fees to my tenant. Rena Rabe ended up leaving Windermere and Chris Bentley took over my contract. He was frequently out of the office and it was near impossible to receive answers from him or any of Windermere’s staff. When I would set up a time to talk, he would ask me to “remind him of the appointment”, which was scheduled for less than 24 hrs. When I finally came to my senses and closed the account with them, they did not refund the full amount on my account. It has been two weeks of phone calls and e-mails with no response back from accounting or Chris. The account was closed a month and a half ago.

Description of Work
rental management

03/29/2015

Dan E.

we contacted via their website three times, a week after our initial contact attempt we are still waiting for an email, callback, pigeon drop, whatever. We did receive an automated acknowledgement of receipt, but no other info. Other managers we contacted the same way were able to get back to us within 24 hours. Leaves me concerned how effectively they would represent my interests if we used them..

Description of Work
non-responsive

03/04/2013

JIM V.

During a 5-day visit to Portland, Oregon from our home in Rhode Island, we bought a 2 bedroom, 2 bath home to be used as a rental. The house was vacant. We hired Windermere Voss Property Management (from Angie's list) as a leasing agent to find a tenant and lease the house. Work also needed to be done on the house (window blinds, small repairs etc). After returning home to RI, we contacted the firm and spoke with David. From that moment on, we experienced exceptional customer service. Within minutes we had a contract. We emailed what we thought needed to be repaired and he went right to work through the firm's construction subsidiary. Within two weeks all the repairs had been made, the house was leased to a wonderful young couple and we received a monthly rental amount that was far beyond what we expected. David is phenomenal in every way (communication, follow-through, knowledge of the market just to name a few) We hope to buy another rental property in Portland and will only consider using this firm.

Description of Work
On a brief visit to Portland, Oregon from Rhode Island, we bought a vacant residential rental property. We contracted with Windermere Voss Property Management (from Angie's list) as a lease agent to rent the house and to assist in making it ready for a tenant.

01/20/2013

Nadia R.

Very well

Description of Work
They are taking very ood care of my property, from getting it ready for rent, to listing it and finally finding good tenants. Their prices are very reasonnable. David is very friendly and professional. My place was got rented in one weekend.

10/07/2012

Michael S.

We consulted with several property management companies, and chose Voss Property Management based on the fact they are willing to work on some Saturdays, and were responsive to our inquiries. The Office Manager, David Monacelli, is a real pro at working with both owners and prospective tenants. He is calm and professional in his manner, and reminds prospects of the strengths of older property such as larger room sizes, mature trees, and closer in location. David and his colleagues found a tenant for our property in 35 days. We also used Chuck in the Voss Property maintenance crew to make several repairs; Chuck's services were prompt, effective, and reasonably priced. David and Chuck made long-distance calls to keep us informed when we were out of town for part of the tenant search process. They worked with us to coordinate a contract plumber to replace a hot water tank. Their credit research on financial capability of prospects was first-rate and thorough, arriving after the verbal summary. Voss Property worked with us even though we are in the Southwest [West Slope] part of the PTL area, about 30-plus minutes drive from their offices. A minor comment to improve their performance would be quicker feedback to owners on showings. But not all prospects are actually serious, or a good fit for certain property. This fact is something that owners may not recognize. Voss Management was less bothered about careless prospects than I would be -- which may be another reason to use them. In summary, David Monacelli was savvy about an array of leasing issues, and worked with us to find a good tenant. I recommend their services, and would use VOSS again for my next vacancy.

Description of Work
Find prospective tenants, screen credit and employment references, sign the tenant to a lease that owner prepared. Work with tenant to assist on move-in and register Pet with County Humane Department data system. Manage contractors, both Voss staff and independent contractors, to make repairs and maintain the property. Keep us informed about the progress of showings during the vacancy period.

05/06/2012

MARIEL P.

We interviewed a few management companies and are very very glad we chose Voss, specifically due to the great service we received from David Monacelli. David has been terrific to work with. He came out to the property quickly, worked with us on all the details, was always responsive by phone and email, and seems to have the process down well. There are lots of details to getting this all in order and we were under a tight deadline, and he was so easy to work with throughout. We trusted him to help us set a fair but strong price and were thrilled to get it. We really hope he stays at this company a long while.

Description of Work
David Monacelli is the main contact at Voss and he has done an AMAZING job for us. We needed to get our home rented quickly as we prepared to buy another. He came out to assess the property and gave us great service throughout the process. He placed ads, screened potential tenants, showed the home, managed contracts. We have a lot of faith that he will continue to manage the property well and deliver accurate accounting.

03/02/2011

Rebecca K.

I was referred to Voss by a friend of a friend situation. I have used a property management service before and was thoroughly disgusted with them so I am over cautious on this whole process. I originally spoke with Jessica Tindell who came out when she said she would, returned my calls, and sent me references as requested. It's too bad she didn't use Angie's List to save the hassle of references! Anyway, after interviewing 6 different property mgmt reps, many of whom didn't bother to return my call or provide references, I was about to choose Voss when I received a call from the owner saying Jessica was no longer with voss. I was really, really concerned since I had chosen to work with her, not necessarily the company. The owner himself came to my house with a new person, twice, to reassure me that everything was going to continue smoothly. even though I had my doubts, I still went with Voss. They have been absolutely fantastic to work with. David is my property manager and I honestly look for excuses to call him because he is so friendly and helpful. I moved out of state and forgot to grab something. Once my handyman found it, he followed my instructions to drop it off at the Peninsula Station store so they could ship it. He keeps tabs on the tenants, answers all my random off the wall questions. I can't speak from the tenants perspective, which is something important to me but as far as being a property owner, I have no worries with them so far. it does help that my house is 3 blocks from the office so it is easy to check in on but I think that even if I was further away, David or someone else would make a point of checking on things. I liked that they appreciate the beauty of my house, that it is a well maintained property and they want to continue to see it that way. They understand the neighborhood and the market and while I would like to have a higher rent, they know what will work and what won't and they have been accurate so far. Love this team!!

Description of Work
I have a contract with Voss to manage my house in Portland. They charge a flat % of the rental price. there are also additional fees for re-renting, signage and such. This is fairly standard in terms of charging fees, what varies is the % and how many additional fees are added on.

Eagle Property Management LLC

Residential property management. Our success has been due to our passionate commitment to excellence in every facet of managing properties, supported by the systemization of every aspect of our business so that it is teachable and reproducible. This yields predictable results that protects the owner’s interests, maximizes the return on his/her investment, and creates the best possible rental experience for our residents. We manage properties Portland, Lake Oswego, Sherwood, Aloha, Tigard, and Beaverton. Additional Address: 468 North State St, Ste 200 Lake Oswego, OR 97034 Check out a video about our services. http://youtu.be/2a9vlJC1Qbo

HomeSmart Realty Group - Merritt Home Team

HomeSmart Realty Group - Merritt Home Team is a small team of hand-selected real estate professionals serving home buyers and sellers in Hillsboro, Oregon and surrounding area.

Anne Stewart -Principal Broker, GRI,CRS,e-PRo

Outperforming the market matters! Call me for RESULTS! In 2020 my average list to sell price is 103% of list to sale price & an average of 9 days on market! Those results maximize your home value. Hire someone with experience, who knows how to negotiate & communicates with you often like me! I focus on YOU when we work together & that shows. I'm a Full time Principal Broker at Exp Realty, serving Portland metro locations. Call for a FREE, no obligation Market analysis on your property.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

We provide full property management services and tenant placement throughout the Portland area. Our co has its own in-house maintenance dept. Owner services to include direct deposit of owner income and instant access to the owner files online. We pride ourselves on keeping the tenant happy in any situation that might come about. We advertise to over 15 different online search websites including our own two websites and social networking sites.