Oregon Restoration Co.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2008

A Customer Service Company that specializes in Emergency Water Damage Restoration and Mold Removal. Dry out, Clean up and Repairs. Oregon Restoration is an Institute of Inspectors Cleaners and Restorers Certified Firm (IICRC), led by Ryan Gilyeat, Portlands hometown IICRC Master Water Restorer....

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Water Damage Restoration

+2 more images

mold removal (104)water damage restoration (53)biohazard cleanup (3)carpet cleaning (36)air duct cleaning (2)upholstery cleaning (2)

07/27/2022

Hannah F.

Ambrosio was friendly and kind, made a thorough search through the attic and rooms of the house to evaluate the roof leak and resulting mold, and gave a detailed estimate of all the work that would be involved in remediation. Didn't charge for gas or estimate. We since haven't been able to get in contact for next steps, but appreciated the timely and thorough response for our initial request for evaluation.

Description of Work
Evaluate mold and provide estimate for remediation

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

01/29/2021

Christine M.

Ken came out to our house. He arrived on time. He was professional and pleasant. We really appreciated how he took the time to provide us with thoughtful information to address our problem! We would absolutely go through Oregon Restoration again, though we will cross our fingers that we never need to (at least for water damage)!

Description of Work
Water mitigation of basement leak after heavy rain

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

09/09/2020

Mihir W.

Last year we had extensive water damage to our house due to a water leak from the back of the fridge. We are first time home owners and mostly had no idea of the troubles ahead. We contacted Oregon Restoration based on their reviews and they came in and handled all the stuff smoothly. They were the only folks who were willing to work directly with the insurance (most other restoration folks wanted to contract with us and have us work with the insurance). They explained the 2 phases (remediation and restoration), They dealt with the insurance admirablly and made sure that we got our house back into the shape it was. It took us over 7 months and in that time, they were very polite, exceedingly professional and very in tune with our concerns. The main person in charge of our situation (Kirk) was very helpful and always easy to contact. He would appraise us of the house situation daily and make sure that we knew what was upcoming. Any changes we needed or wanted were handled quickly. All in all, they were humane and exceedingly great at their job. I would recommend them and their work to anybody I know.

Description of Work
Water remediation & Remodelling due to extensive water damage

Category carpet cleaners, remodeling, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

02/09/2020

Christy A.

Oregon Restoration did a top notch professional job removing water and damaged sections in house. I highly recommend this company and would use again though hope I don't have to.

Description of Work
Restoration of water damage

Work Completed On 01/19/2020

12/07/2019

Mitch H.

When s#it hits the fan... you hope to be in good hands when you are dealing with an emergency situation. Luckily, for my home and family... we found Oregon Restoration Company on Angie’s List, and we moved our business to them. What a lucky and smart move on our part... these folks know how to solve your problem, and most importantly... they hire the caliber of individual, that can show genuine empathy for the trauma your family is dealing with. This company hires the best, so you can get some rest. Heaven forbid I have to deal with water damage again... but if I do... I know exactly who to call. ORC is easily the best at what they do in the Portland area.

Description of Work
Water mitigation

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

11/18/2019

BRANDY W.

They were super responsive and were able to start work the next day. They are great with communication and always arrived on time. I was kept updated on the progress and they took the time to answer all of my questions. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 01/11/2020

05/24/2019

Arun Kartik V.

Oregon Restoration helped us through some of the most stressful months of our lives. Water damage is just a terrible experience, so anytime you experience that you just want a company that does everything they can to help you navigate through the entire process, from working with insurance, to mitigating the damage to repairing everything and getting it back to where it was. Ambrosio, Alex, Gary and the entire team at Oregon Restoration are some of the best in the business. I hope no one ever has to experience water damage, but if you do, you should call Oregon Restoration without hesitation. They are also always prompt with their communication, and extremely responsive, so you are never left wondering what is happening.

Description of Work
Water Mitigation and Repairs

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 03/13/2019

05/23/2019

Gregory B.

Oregon restoration was able to come out on a weekend to put together an estimate and start flood mitigation. Their team was able to handle the repairs as well as the mitigation. Their contractors were responsive and great at communicating with us and setting expectations. They used multiple forms of communication - email, text, phone calls to update me every step of the way. They worked with our homeowner's insurance and had all documents in well ahead of schedule. Would absolutely use their services again.

Description of Work
Major flood repair

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

01/07/2019

June H.

Oregon Restoration was so great during our time in need. I awoke to a leaking ice maker on our brand new hard wood floors that had just been placed 48 hours ago. The owner was the first company to answer and acted very professional compared to some of the other companies I called. They were fast, efficient and honest when they gave us all our options to bring our home back to pre-damaged conditions. Would highly recommend them to anyone who wants detailed oriented and quality service.

Description of Work
Water damage from improper installation of an ice maker

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

12/27/2018

Jill S.

We highly recommend Oregon Restoration! They were amazing to work with from initial contact to job completion. We contacted Oregon Restoration for a mold issue in our attic. Ryan came out promptly and performed a thorough inspection to identify the cause. We appreciated his expert knowledge and explanation of what would be required to remediate the mold. Our estimate was detailed and we felt the price was fair. The crew was very professional; arrived on time, explained the steps of the process as they were completing the work, and took all measures to protect the rest of our house from contamination. We obtained an estimate prior to contacting Oregon Restoration. The estimate was higher and it was clear that the contractor did not have the same level of knowledge and expertise.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

12/27/2018

Jill S.

Very professional staff, excellent job.

Description of Work
Attic mold remediation

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

12/20/2018

Richard L.

This is the second time I've had water damage in my home. Both times they were incredibly prompt, professional and went above and beyond. I could not recommend them more.

Description of Work
Water Damage

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

09/13/2018

Nancy M.

Oregon Restoration stepped in and did an amazing job with the water and mold mitigation piece and later the repair and restoration piece. This ended up being an extensive, months-long job, and I really appreciated all the time and care that Oregon Restoration took during the duration. They kept me informed every step of the way and hooked me up with great people in order to choose flooring and counter replacements as well as cabinet rebuilds. They worked with me to stay "in budget" since we were working with an insurance company. They also had great connections and rapport with my insurance company which certainly eased the way. In the case of the few things that "went wrong", Oregon Restoration stepped up and took the responsibility to make it right without blaming others. The final results are amazing! My house looks like new! I will recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone who needs the services they provide! I can't say enough good things about them! Thank you, thank you Oregon Restoration!

Description of Work
I own a home on Bull Mountain in Tigard, OR that I rent out. My renters didn't notice that their water bills increased due to a pinhole leak in a hot water pipe. As a result we ended up with quite a mold problem before anything was noticed.

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for letting us help with this project and get things back to normal! We appreciate the review and the "A" rating.

04/21/2018

Jill J.

I wanted to give them an F for fantastic, but your rating system wouldn't get it! I was selling my house and an inspection came up with mold in my attic. I was devistated, but called the best. Ryan came out first, to look things over. He gave me an honest appraisal of what was there. His crew showed up and it was total professionalism from the start to the finish. During the process my family and I were protected from the mold. Set up and clean up each day was precise so I could have a normal life. I have dealt with many companies in the past, but they go way above in all things! If I could rate them higher than A I would.

Description of Work
Attic space mold mitigation

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

We will take the "F" for "Fantastic"! Mold is no fun to deal with and we are so glad that we were able to help with your project. Also, thank you for the review and the "A" rating!

11/07/2017

Eileen W.

Ryan Gilyeat from Oregon Restoration did an excellent job. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
A home owner in our row home association reported that she had mold on the inside walls of her home. She had contacted a mold restoration company to assess the problem and test for mold. She did receive the results of the test. The restoration company left her with the impression that she had a serious mold problem and that it was likely caused by water damage from the outside of her home. It would cost thousands of dollars to fix. Because of the apparent seriousness of the situation, we (the HOA) sought two additional opinions. One company looked at the lab results and didn't think there was much of a problem and if there was, it was probably due to humidity problems within the home. The third contractor to come out was Ryan Gilyeat from Oregon Restoration. He was excellent to work with and immediately diagnosed the problem as being due to charcoal from burning candles and not mold. In fact, the results of the lab analysis were normal and did not indicate any mold problem. Ryan was professional and gave an honest assessment of the situation for no cost. If I ever need any mold, water or disaster remediation in the future, Ryan is the person I'd call.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Thank you for the review and the "A" rating!

07/11/2017

Kathy L.

Seth came out on time and set everything up as planned. All the work was done properly and completed in the time frame. This is a great company to deal with.

Description of Work
I have a rental that is almost 100 years old. My renter has not used the fan long enough to get rid of moisture and this caused mold in a small wall divider and on the ceiling and walls. There has never been a mold problem until this year. I had one company come out and they sprayed two spots on the wall and caulked the tub and charged a bundle for that. They were supposed to take care of the mold in the wall also but did not. The house went through an inspection because the renter is under county assistance and was given one month to take care of the mold. I called Oregon Restoration from Angie's List. Ryan came out right away to give an evaluation and estimate. He confirmed the mold was from the renter not using the fan long enough after showering. The mold was taken care of the next week. I can't say enough about this company. If you have a mold problem, this is the company you want to call and use. I am very happy with everything with Ryan and Seth. Even my renter was happy and that has never happened before!

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

Thank you for leaving us a great review! I'm so happy we were even able to make your tenant happy! It was a great educational experience for them and I believe you wont have those same problems again. It was a pleasure to meet and help you with your rental. It was a simple fix and I'm surprised the previous company didn't serve you better. If you ever need us in the future (which I hope you don't) we'll be here and ready. For any Land Lords out there I have one strong recommendation, Humidity Sensing Bathroom Fans. A few hundred dollars to save thousands. Call and I can explain more. Have a great day. Best Regards, Ryan Gilyeat- President

05/18/2017

kevin H.

I needed my attic inspected and cleaned for mold. I called them and was told I'd get a call back to schedule, but never received a call. I called back a week later and was told I'd get a call to schedule something the next day, and again nobody called. I ended up going with another company who guess what... scheduled me when i called them.

Description of Work
Mold inspection and cleaning in attic

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

I'm very sorry you had that experience. I've had some trouble with my answering service that I believe has been worked out. We really love helping people and I get very disappointed as a business owner and professional when things like this happen. All I can say is that we always try our very best and we will always work on getting better. While sometimes we have been hard to reach, our commitment to quality never stops. You can see that by all the people who we have had the opportunity to help. Thank you for reaching out and again I'm sorry you couldn't reach us. I hope your clean up went well. We are here and excited to help if you need us in the future. Have a great day. Best Regards, Ryan Gilyeat- President

05/07/2017

Trillium H.

It went very well. Oregon Restoration was very responsive and kind during one of the most stressful times of my life. Additionally, they were knowledgeable about the processes of water remediation and used high quality vendors to complete the rebuild. Curtis was the project manager and Tyson was the main person in charge of the rebuild.

Description of Work
I was flooded out of my condominium and Oregon Restoration came in and moved everything into a POD, dried the place, and rebuilt the place when the pipe issues were resolved. They additionally walked me through the insurance processes and kept on top of everything related to the multiple claims with two insurance companies for the condominium association and my individual insurance.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

Thank you for reviewing our company! We appreciate your business. -Ryan Gilyeat Owner / Oregon Restoration Co.

02/27/2017

Jon B.

Good, they isolated the issue after two days. They originally estimated for one day.

Description of Work
Inspect and eliminate mold from sewer line leakage.

Work Completed On 12/08/2016

12/15/2016

Wendy G.

It went very well! They are amazing! They are fair, informative, extremely responsive, and helpful.

Description of Work
Tested for mold and helped with the remediation in the living room.

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

12/06/2016

BRENT M.

Excellent - Ryan was professional, showed more concern in doing the right thing vs. just making a sale. I would use Ryan again, and you can bet if I ever have another issue he has earned my business.

Description of Work
We had a couple of spots of potential mold. Ryan quickly diagnosed what the issue likely was, and what we should do about it. He did everything over email, and his solution did not involve his service!

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

12/06/2016

Kristen D.

Curtis and his team from Oregon Restoration were completely professional and put our minds at ease during the mold mitigation and reconstruction process. The uncovering of mold and temporary displacement was disconcerting for our family, however, the process was worry free. The team worked diligently to restore move the mold in various areas of our basement with little disruption to our upstairs living. Curtis obtained bids for the reconstruction work and there were no surprises. They left a clean, fully restored basement. While not the cheapest bid, we had peace of mind with their high quality, professional team, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services!

Description of Work
Mold mitigation and reconstruction in our basement

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

11/30/2016

sue W.

Just finished a third project with Oregon Restoration. Curtis,Tyson and Seth(on a previous project) are SO GOOD at what they do. Hard workers. Pay attention to detail. Very professional and polite. I totally trust this company. Will ALWAYS call Oregon Restoration for house needs.

Description of Work
Dry rot floor.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal