Montavilla Sewing Centers

With Angi since March 2014

8326 SE Stark St

Portland, OR 97216

Since 1949, the family at Montavilla Sewing Centers has been serving customers in the Portland metro area, as well as Vancouver WA by providing them with everything they need to complete their sewing projects. We have four locations located in Portland, Beaverton, & Gresham. We pride ourselves on providing only the highest quality of sewing machines and other equipment, coupled with an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction. Our team has hundreds of years of combined experience, so you are sure to find the sewing machine that will best fit your individual need within our massive inventory. We strive to create a community of sewers, where people can come together to find the products they need and to share their wisdom. We offer a variety of services to meet that end, including: * Sewing machine sales * Large selection of refurbished machines * Sewing & embroidery classes, clubs and events * Service and repair * We welcome trade-ins * Sewing furniture * Embroidery machines/ Quilting machines No matter what service you come to us for, you can be sure that you will be treated with a level of respect and personalized attention that is second to none. We will go to great lengths to make sure you are completely satisfied with every aspect of our service. Call today to find out how we can be of help to you....

07/19/2017

Amelia P.

quick and friendly, there was only one tiny part that needed fixing and they explained it well

Description of Work
service/cleaning on sewing machine

03/20/2017

Linda H.

I opted not to get it tuned up, They cleaned and checked it for free. Very happy with them.

Description of Work
I brought my sewing machine in for a tune up. It's made of plastic and cost $160 to tune up.

11/01/2016

Narendra S.

Went well.

Description of Work
Baught a new sewing machine. Old not worth repairing. Got the some credit for old machine.

Category alterations

03/03/2016

Deanna A.

Description of Work
They checked over my sewing machine and tightened a couple of things while I waited- for no cost. I purchased a couple of accessories for my machine at the same time. I have used these folks for 16 years to repair and replace my sewing machines and vacuum cleaners and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Category sewing machine repair,alterations

12/08/2015

Gary J.

07/09/2015

stev D.

Description of Work
4 occasions over 10yrs: original purchase of used vacuum; original purchase of used sewing machine table; overhaul of used sewing machine; purchase of parts for sewing machine. counter people patient and courteous; if they are unable to answer a/the question, they will promptly obtain the technician who can.

02/19/2015

Donna F.

Description of Work
Took my portable sewing machine in for service as it was not working well. Seems I had forgotten how to properly thread it. Was taught the right way, was sent off with working machine and no charge.

Category sewing machine repair,alterations

11/20/2014

Elizabeth W.

I took my machine into the Beaverton location on a Friday afternoon, having found that it was a Janome authorized service center. The bobbin threads were tangling up when I sewed making it almost impossible to use the machine. The service guy immediately went to work on the machine, while I waited, checked the settings and determined that two parts needed to be replaced. One part he found and the other was in another store location. He phoned and made arrangements for the part to be delivered to the store and it arrived the next day which was Saturday. I took the machine back in and the same fellow remembered me and the parts, located the parts and installed them. Then he checked the machine to make sure it was sewing properly. I was very happy with the cheerful, helpful attitude of all the staff I encountered, not just the man at the service desk. I had multiple offers for help carrying the machine back to the car. They didn't charge for any service, just the cost of the parts. I was really impressed and would certainly recommend anyone to take their sewing machine there for service.

Description of Work
They looked over my Janome sewing machine, determined that it needed two parts replaced, found one part and ordered the second. A day later they called to say the part was in. The new parts were installed and the machine checked again. The only charge was for the two parts that they replaced.

09/24/2014

Jennifer T.

09/10/2014

CHARLES W.

Description of Work
My aging Singer sewing machine had decided not to have its bobbin work, plus somehow in moving it I had lost the tension knob. They cleaned and oiled it, replaced the tension knob, and got it working great. On time and as promised.

09/27/2013

Joe B.

Simply said words to this effect: and quot;No charge, it was a pleasure to look at this old Viking. Be sure to come in when you decide to buy a new one.and quot; A+++

Description of Work
Disassembled our 40 year old sewing machine. Found the bad parts which were not available for purchase.

11/14/2012

Jennifer B.

It went well. I also took it back a few days ago because it didn't seem to be working right, and right on the spot they helped me figure out what was wrong (not threaded correctly).

Description of Work
I bought a New Home sewing machine at a garage sale and took it in to be serviced for what ever it needed. They cleaned and oiled it and did a good job. I am new to the sewing world, so I don't know how much that should cost. They said they were very busy and it'd be 2 weeks, but it turned out to be a week or so.

07/20/2012

Leigh Ann C.

They know what they're doing, they don't over-charge , and they call you if there's any problems, it's awesome.

Description of Work
I used for Montavilla Sewing Center sewing machine repair.

07/14/2012

Patricia H.

I liked that they are there from a long time in service as my mom also has gone there. They had a coupon so it ended up being $110 which I found was pretty standard across the street. They have hours seven days a week which was important because I could go only in the weekends. They had knowledgeable repairmen right on there that can take a look at it and kind of give you an idea as to what was involved. They don't repair on the spot though and I had to leave it there. They said that it would take 10days but called me earlier and said that it was ready. They called and said that there was something else to do but didn't do as it would cost more and I liked that because they didn't go more than the estimate and do more than agreed upon work. It was a fair price. The quality was great and fine. I had brought the machine from them in the first place.

Description of Work
I used Montavilla Sewing Center for sewing machine repair.

Sewing Machine Repair