Mission Plumbing Services

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2009

4.4

5505 SW Brugger St.

Portland, OR 97219

All types of plumbing and mechanical work, including remodels and service work. OR CCB 163017

10/17/2014

NORM K.

Steve Swalwell earned my trust and my respect. Mission Plumbing is a one person company, so Steve is the whole company. He looked over my specific situation and explained that the in-floor radiant heat system I wanted, would not give me the energy savings I expected given the particulars of my home, though my feet would be pleasantly warm. As a retired engineering professor, I followed his reasoning and agreed with his conclusion. With that piece of news upfront, Steve and I talked for quite some time about the system he would put in, if I wanted to proceed. I found him to be quite experienced, and he was ready to guide me away from the latest gimmicks one might see on This Old House and helped me focus on the tried and true equipment that works just fine (i.e., if my goal is to get from Portland to Salem, I don’t really need a BMW 7 Series, when a Honda Civic will work just fine). We looked at the gas line running into my house and Steve was concerned that the 20 year-old installation would not pass current code, and he showed me deterioration on the pipe that I had not noticed. Steve freely shared his ideas on how to reinstall the line with little impact to my house. Our conversation was rich and ranged from various insulation options, to ways to duct the hot-water heater, to selecting diameters of PEX tubing, and my choices in laying out the distribution of hot water heating. Now to a key point. Many hydronic installers will tell you they pick the heat system based on their years of experience. Unfortunately this approach will most likely leave you with over-sized heat system that wastes lots of energy. The only way to get a right sized hydronic system is by doing a building heat load analysis. This analysis is rather complicated, and leaving the work to computers and a professional engineer is a smart idea. Steve drives his design by using such a heat load analysis performed by a professional engineer. Of the near dozen hydronic-experts I’ve talked with over the years, Steve is the only one who uses this crucial analysis. Beware of the hydronic installers who don’t. So the bottom line is this – I found Steve to be quite experienced in the area of hydronics, and quite concerned that his work meets his customer’s expectations. In my case, my expectations were unrealistic, and he set me straight. I appreciate his honesty and his approach to business. After our most valuable discussion, I decided to not install a hydronic system. While Steve lost this piece of work, he earned by respect and my trust. In the future, Mission Plumbing will be the first firm I call when I need plumbing services.

Description of Work
Bid on installing a hot-water in-floor radiant heat system (also called hydronic heating). The total cost would be in the range of $4,000 to $5,000.

05/10/2012

TERESA M.

Steve performed the work which took probably under 5 minutes. Steve announced that his flat rate was $100 for travel and first 1/2 hr. The actually work took less than 5 minutes. I had mentioned that I was in a dire situation but really - $100 was absolutely exorbitant. Anyone else would have offered a reduced charge when they saw the work. I feel ripped off and will not use this company again.

Description of Work
Steve performed the work which consisted of loosening and removing a shower handle and removing the remaining parts to the shower spout.

07/05/2011

Anish K.

It was a big project.

Description of Work
Mission Plumbing Services came out in mid April and plumbed our house. They added a corner sink to a small bathroom where there was only a toilet and we had a closet mat couch in our master bathroom which turned out to be extra vanity.

05/25/2011

Francis M.

It was great. Steve had to come over numerous times due to the construction schedule and he was always there when we needed him. Due to the age of the house, there were several issues that he discovered during the course of the project and he was able to solve them all quickly and efficiently. After the project was completed Steve was willing to come over on a couple of occasions to check his work and to make minor adjustments as necessary, including fixing work that the general contractor had done wrong. He was great.

Description of Work
We did a complete remodel of our home including adding a 2nd bathroom, repairs on the first bathroom, and remodel of the kitchen. During the process we replaced all of the major water lines and added a manifold for maintenance. Steve, of Mission Plumbing, did all of the plumbing work and was outstanding. He did all of the work in the best quality, quickly and came when he said that he would. Steve also provided excellent advice as to what fixtures to use based on his experience and helped us get what we could not find on our own. When our general contractor flaked out on us near the end, Steve came in and finished up what needed to be done on his own. We liked him so much that we then hired him to put in our sprinkler system, which is great, and I am going to call him again today for another job. I highly recommend Mission Plumbing.

08/16/2009

Trudie W.

When we first experienced the water emergency, we called Steve. He previously had done great work for us. He came over within the hour and scheduled the work. He is quick to return phone calls and e-mails. If there was a question or problem he came right over - often at no additional charge.

Description of Work
Our 80 year old house started having the sound of a leak. The pipes leading out to the street were breaking. The water main needed repair. Steve spent 4 days digging a trench, exposing the plumbing, going through our crawlspace, replacing all pipes, meeting the city official re: obtaining a permit, putting the sod back.

Razorblade plumbing LLC

Small plumbing company with the best prices around guaranteed!

Pipeline Plumbing & Drains

Owner operated. Our motto is "Where Quality Meet's Integrity" and we really value giving great customer service. We pride ourselves on how well versed we are in the plumbing industry, being able to accommodate our clients with most plumbing issues or projects that come our way. We work very hard to keep our clients happy, making sure they feel we are working hard for them. We have an amazing group of plumbers with years of great experience. We stay very consistent with the level of quality work we provide, at the same time trying to keep our pricing affordable.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Anderson Heating & Cooling

Here at Anderson Heating and Cooling, it has been our pleasure to offer the highest level of home comfort for the Oregon City area for years. Our foundation consists of efficient, reliable and cost effective heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality products from Lennox Industries. Quality heating and cooling products are just where we begin. The technicians at Anderson Heating and Cooling are trained and equipped to handle anything from routine HVAC maintenance & repairs on a residential system to complete turnkey installations for commercial environments. Anderson Heating and Cooling offers your family or business the best heating and cooling products and HVAC services, combined with a level of customer service that will exceed your expectations.

Residential & commercial - plumbing, gas piping & hydronic heating, water heaters, tankless water heaters, design & layouts, new construction, remodels, dishwasher & garbage disposal installs.

We do not do drain cleaning or rooter work.