CEDAR TECH

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2005

10940 SW BARNES RD #138

Portland, OR 97225

Do you want to extend the life of your roof and save money? Here at CedarTech, we can offer you services that do just that. Our services are simple, neat, clean, and safe. Not to mention, they work! We can provide Portland cedar roof repair, treatment, and maintenance in a way that allows your roof to last longer than if repaired using different, harsher techniques. In the long run, we save you money! Our process for cedar roofs includes: Clearing your roof of debris using compressed air or blowers rather than by pressure washing Replacing shakes and repairing spots that could lead to future leaks Treating your cedar shakes and shingles with fire resistant Cedar Silver Preventing growth of moss, lichens, and fungus Using biodegradable and environmentally friendly products With our unique process, we don't have to compromise the long-term durability of your roof. Our process is gentle and effective—giving you the most for your money....

12/03/2020

Todd T.

Kevin, Clint, and the crew did an amazing job on our roof repair. We had others come out to give us bids, but they were the only ones who were thorough enough to identify a 3rd problem area that the others completely missed as well as issues with flashing that would have been problems down the road. Their pricing was very competitive. The crew was respectful, on time, cleaned up every day, and did a world class job at everything that they did. They made sure that they did it right and as son of a builder I can verify that they did a top notch job. They have earned our business for life.

Description of Work
Repaired 3 sections of our roof, cleaned, and treated

04/29/2020

Barbara S.

The guys were very pleasant to talk to. Very conscience even showed us areas we could repair and actually did a bit of repair of roof material for me.

Description of Work
Moss on roof and gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning,roof cleaning

08/13/2018

Dan B.

Great company, the crew was on time and did a superb job with an immaculate cleanup afterwards.

Description of Work
Cedar Roof cleaning and preservation

Category roof cleaning

07/17/2018

Marsha P.

We are extremely happy with our new cedar shake roof. Cedar Tech Roof Care provides top of the line cedar shakes with 40-50 year guarantee. They laid a beautiful roof! They also addressed some problems with our roof. The crew was punctual and very focused on doing a high quality job. Also the crew was very careful of our outdoor furniture and plants. They cleaned up every day.

Description of Work
Cedar roof replacement

09/14/2017

Brenda M.

I think I found them online because they specialize in cedar cleaning and repair.They're specialist on cedar roof and cleaning they're are specialists and don't powerwash.

Description of Work
I had it cleaned, cedared and also repaired.

09/01/2017

GREGORY M.

Cedar Tech showed up promptly each morning and worked 11 days to complete the project using 6-7 men. They cleaned the debris daily very well and after the last day. The roof looks fabulous, and I am pleased that I didn't compromise and go with a high end composition roof because this traditional home screams for a cedar roof. The cedar used is much improved from 25 years ago in that it is twice as thick and treated such that it has a 50 year life expectancy, not 25 as in the past and requires little maintenance. Yes, it did cost more and would have been even more if I hadn't purchased the cedar shakes at last year's price, having purchased them hoping to have the roof replaced before last fall's rains began, but we didn't make it, resulting in the re-roofing being done now. Many well known roofing companies I contacted would not do a cedar roof. For Cedar Tech, it is their specialty. That being the case and their bid being the lowest, resulted in my going with them, and I am fully pleased. If you are thinking of replacing your cedar roof, I would certainly recommend that you have Cedar Tech give you a bid among the others you request.

Description of Work
I just had a replacement of my 25 year old cedar shake roof from the original construction. Our home is a large, traditional custom designed home with many roof lines, making the re-roofing more complex and time consuming. The original roof had reached the end of its expected life. . difficult decision was whether to spend the additional amount to replace cedar with cedar or switch to a high end composition roof. I finally decided that for the value of the home and the look, staying with cedar was the way to go. I'm glad I did as the roof looks fabulous with the new and improved, thicker cedar shake.

08/01/2017

Lynn B.

We had a great experience with them.

Description of Work
They cleaned, repaired and treated the cedar roof.

11/15/2016

MARLA F.

I was impressed with the company, and their approach to Cedar Shakes. I did a lot of research first, and this is one of the only companies in Portland that does a gentle cleaning with air, no scrubbing. The Cedar Silver treatment is supposed to last for three years. Our roof gets really covered with leaves and debris, and there was a leak which they (thankfully) pinpointed for us. They repaired the leak, which had ruined a drywall ceiling under it. My only complaint, was I felt there was a lot of debris left in the gardens. I called and they said that if they put down protection it might have ruined my plants, i have a lot of garden. They did send the workers back out to do clean up, but i think next time i will ask for some protection to be laid down as i was picking out debris for a long time.

Description of Work
approx 3000 sf Cedar roof needed maintenance, cleaning, some repair and a treatment. Clean 16 skylights. Repair leak, replace some nailing, replace a few ridge caps. Treat with 3 year treatment.

05/06/2016

BUI N.

Excellent service! It is worth of our money. Honest, knowledgeable, good listeners, and try to please customer, provide guidance for customer to choose. Good team!

Description of Work
Repair cedar shake roof, replace pipe jacks, put treatment on the whole roof, clean gutters

07/13/2015

David M.

We selected CedarTech from the recommended Angie?s list, when we needed roof repair and treatment of our cedar shakes. In addition to CedarTech?s high rating, we were interested in the eco-friendly roof treatment and "responsible roof care" promoted by the company. The Sales Manager, Kevin Stinson, made a convincing presentation about their process and product, and we accepted their bid. He advised us that they were backlogged for several weeks, and they would notify us about a week prior to an available opening. However, Kevin left a message less than a week later stating that his crew could show up the next day. When we returned his call, we expressed our concern that rain was forecasted for that next day, and we did not want a ?hurried job.? Kevin assured us that rain would not be a problem, because the treatment dried quickly. We had an out of town engagement that could not be cancelled that next day, so we were not at home while the work was being performed. When we arrived home that afternoon, it had already started raining, while the crew was just finishing their work. It rained for several weeks, after which on a sunny day we noticed we had a very noticeable glaze on many of our windows, exterior lights, shutters and siding. It was so thick that you could feel as well as clearly see it. We tried washing the windows on our own with various window cleaning agents on three separate occasions with no success. We then contacted Kevin to tell him about the coating and asked how to remove it. He recommended a professional window washer, who had successfully removed this similar treatment overspray from previous jobs. He assured us they could successfully remove this residue. We inquired why the windows, lights, shutters and siding were not properly covered by the crew when applying the roof treatment spray. He said they had all the necessary equipment, and he would talk to them about it. We contacted the professional window cleaner, and had to wait several weeks for their most experienced technician. He spent the entire day washing the windows numerous times with the strongest cleaning agents he had available, and even contacted his manager to inquire what further steps he could take to safely remove the residue. He did not want to use any stronger solutions for fear of damaging our wood exterior surfaces, and he did the job as thoroughly as possible. We contacted Kevin once again to advise him that his recommended window washer could not safely remove the residue. Kevin promptly came to our house and inspected the windows, and agreed with us that the residue was still very visible on many windows, and understood our concern. When Kevin asked us ?what do you want?? to resolve the issue, we stated that we wanted a full refund of the roofing charges for compensation to the damage of our property. He said he understood, but needed to speak with the owner. Shortly after, we received an email from Kevin stating that he had located another window washer they had used on a $5 million dollar home, and assured us this window washer could successfully remove the residue. This second window washer was fairly successful removing the majority of the residue from the windows by using strong cleaners and a buffer on three different occasions; however, he would not remove the residue off the siding, shutters, or exterior lights. Now, we are left with permanently marked exterior glass lights, and shutters and siding that need to be sanded and repainted. While CedarTech paid for both window washers, we received no further consideration for the extensive time and expense in correcting their careless and apparently hurried work. In our opinion, a reputable and recommended company is one who makes sure the customer is satisfied in all respects, even when things go wrong. CedarTech is a company who gives a great sales pitch; however, in our case, when they were clearly negligent and careless with their work, they made only a cursory attempt to resolve the issue.

Description of Work
Replace and treat cedar shakes.

Category roofing,roof cleaning

This is the first real negative review I have ever responded too! I will try and explain our view on this matter as best I can. As a company we have had to respond to different complaints about overspray and or even sometimes damaged property. I believe the integrity of a company is how it responds. The Miller's home is an unfortunate case where the wind was blowing much to high to spray our treatment and our Lead Technician made a poor choice in judgment and decided to try and complete a project instead of waiting to return on a better day! They called me and I went out to see them and agreed that the product was on the windows, a small portion of the siding and a small amount on the light fixtures. We paid for the windows to be cleaned twice! The first company failed to completely remove the residue so we hired another one that we have had success with and I was told they were successful! Issue #1 resolved. At the time of my visit, the Miller's asked me to give them there money back for the work that we had done! I informed them that the actual work we did on the roof was done very well and they now have a roof in very good condition and that I would be willing to pay for them to have the minor details fixed. If I had to pay for a light fixture or two to be replaced (or cleaned) and some touch up painting I would do that! I would hire the window cleaner and they were going to let me know what they wanted to do about the touch up paint and light fixtures. The Miller's roof is in very good shape after the completion of our repairs, maintenance and treatment! I had some email correspondence with them about the windows but I failed to continue to check in with them on the touch up painting and possible light fixture purchase or cleaning as time passed. However, I never heard from them again either! Since 1991 we are and always have been one of the most reputable family owned businesses in the area! For this one customer the only thing that would make them happy is if I gave them all of there money back, cleaned there windows, painted there house and replaced there light fixtures! I believe there was zero compromise and they are people that no matter what I could not have pleased! We actually won the 2013 Angie's List service award and it's important for us to continue to strive to be the best we can be! As a small business our reputation means everything to our survival. Please read through what majority of the people say about us! Thanks, Kevin Stinson

New Visions Painting And Construction LLC

New Visions Painting And Construction LLC is a company that does exterior and interior residential painting, and no job is too big or too small! Contact us through email or phone number to get a free estimate for whatever service you may need. We always make sure to offer an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, budgeting, and great, quality work every time. We also provide a number of other services, such as pressure washing (fences, driveways, decks, etc) gutter cleaning, small siding repairs, cabinet painting. From preparation, to painting and quality control, we stay focused on making sure you are satisfied with our work

All Surface Cleaning Company

All Surface Cleaning is a very affordable Roof, Gutter and Deck Cleaning service. It is our belief that anyone can do cheap work for a cheap price. Others can oversell the amount of work that needs to be performed in order to justify a “high quality” price. Our goal is to provide what we would want ourselves: VALUE – good workmanship and professionalism at a fair price. You owe it to yourself and your home to discover why All Surface Cleaning provides the best gutter, deck and roof cleaning Portland has to offer. We also offer some of the best warranties in the industry on certain services.

Offers by All Surface Cleaning Company on Angi
    Cedar Care

We specialize in maintenance and preservation of cedar shake and shingle roofs, something that many contractors simply don't handle. Our qualified and experienced team is also able to diagnose leaks and other problems, quickly repairing damaged areas of the roof and protecting your home from damage.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Discover

ROOF CLEANING, MOSS AND FUNGUS REMOVAL AND PREVENTION. SHAKE ROOF REPAIRS. ENVIRONMENTALLY COMPATIBLE

PRESSURE WASH.