Metric Motors

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2008

2608 S Broadway

Edmond, OK 73013

We are the metro area's premier import repair facility. Family owned and operated since 1981, we strive to give the highest quality service possible using the best technicians around. We pride ourselves on honesty and giving you the best results for your repair dollar. If we don't meet your expectations we will do everything we can to get the results we both expect because our customers are also our friends....

03/02/2018

douglas W.

We have gone to Metric Motors for several years, and the service has been outstanding. After some recent heavy rains, one of my windshield wipers failed and wouldn't work. My wife took our van in (no appointment) to see if somebody could look at it. Within 10 minutes, it was repaired, at no charge. Again, amazing service. That's why we won't go anywhere else. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Windshield Wiper Repair

09/15/2016

Elizabeth H.

It was a very smooth service. They even gave my daughter a loaner car while they were working.

Description of Work
They did some engine work, and a bunch of other work on my daughter's car.

08/20/2016

Paul N.

Fantastic!!!! Well above expectations

Description of Work
Transmission leak

Category auto repair,transmission repair,car inspections

07/17/2016

Sheryl C.

This was a very easy process. I called and made an appointment to take my car in. I dropped it off and described the symptoms. They called me to tell me what they found and what the cost would be for repair. They were very nice and didn't make me feel like an idiot. They offered information and answered all questions in a professional manner. I was without my car for only a short amount of time. I will recommend them to all of my friends.

Description of Work
Engine repair.

01/19/2016

Paul R W.

First time I have been to them. Very Professional and very punctual. It was a very pleasant experience. They didn't pull any punches or throw up any smoke screens. Just the straight facts fixed exactly what was needed and gave me my discount. I will use them again. I had quotes for as much as $ 959.

Description of Work
Fixed Brakes on Toyota Highlander , new rotors -2 pads on all four wheels.

10/22/2015

Dwight C.

The car is running reliably again. I am very happy with the work and the price.

Description of Work
I took them a Mercedes that would run for 15 minutes and then die and not start again until it cooled down. The guys gave me an estimate of over $600, which would have been a good deal, but when I picked up the car it was only 350.00. They didn't need to use a part that was part of the estimate. How often do you find an auto mechanic who's bill is less than what they estimate? Outstanding service. I will definitely use them again.

08/28/2015

Michael C.

I've noticed higher noises coming from my car when I go over small bumps in the road for some time; nothing terrible, just louder than it used to be. I suspected worn bushings. I take my 2000 Toyota Avalon to Metric Motors and told them to replace the strut bushings. (I've read many times that they go bad; sometimes in only 2-3 years.) I also asked them to check the control arm bushings, change the fuel filter, transmission fluid, transmission filter and check the air conditioner Metric Motors calls and says the bushings are fine. No need to replace them. SURPRISE! Most garages would simply have changed the bushings and charged me $800. After all that's what I asked for. They say the fuel filter is a lifetime filter and they don't recommend changing it unless there is a problem and they seldom see problems on Toyota Avalons. Again they could have just changed it and made money. Transmission filter? It's a lifetime filter. Toyota doesn't even sell a replacement and Metric Motors would not recommend using an after market filter. Keep the old filter. Wow! AC? It's still fully charged after nearly 16 years. No charge for AC inspection. We're down to changing the transmission fluid which they did. I'm expecting to spend $1,200. Instead the bill is $256 for a 16 quart synthetic transmission fluid replacement. Synthetic fluid is expensive. Standard Dexron III would have been something like $100 less. This is the type of honesty and service that will keep me coming back to Metric Motors for a long, long time. So, why was I hearing noise when going over rough surfaces? Turns out when changing the cabin filter two years ago I failed to reinstall one of the fasteners. Replace fastener: Problem solved.

Description of Work
Replaced transmission fluid inspected bushings and checked air conditioner

Category auto repair,transmission repair,car inspections

Thanks for your kind review. We pride ourselves on our technicians and love to save our customers money. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your good experience and we look forward to seeing you again. Mike

06/17/2015

Allyn B.

I had two other Hondas prior to this one, and I always replaced the timing belt myself; however, I was at the point where I didn't want to do this again, and I took the car to Metric. I picked it up, and it idled OK, but the performance was lacking. I suspected the timing belt was off slightly, so I took the car back and asked them to check it. They kept my car the day, and when I picked it up, I was told the belt was fine. They said to put injector cleaner in the tank. As the car warmed up even more, it ran terrible. Given I know how to install the timing belt, I took the covers off, and sure enough, the belt was off a tooth. I took the car back, and Metric fixed it. I know this repair was done years ago, but every time I drive past their building I think of this, and a little anger wells up each time. I would have been screwed if I didn't know how to do the repairs myself. They also lied to me by stating the belt was on correctly - they obviously never checked it when I took it back in.

Description of Work
I had a timing belt replaced on my Honda Accord - just routine maintenance.

Category auto repair

I pulled your history and this happened in 2006. I talked about it with the technician that did the repair and he remembered the mistake as vividly as you have. I appreciate you bringing this up because it really drives home how people remember the bad experiences much more than the pleasant ones and how important it is that we do everything possible to prevent them. I know my tech thinks about it every time he calibrates a camshaft and the thousand+ he's done since then have been flawless. I'm sorry about your experience and would do anything I can to make it up to you, and I know we're better because of it and I thank you for that.

02/25/2015

Judy L.

I had several Hondas and I have always used them if I had any mechanical work that needs be done. I think they are pretty reliable and seem to be pretty ethical. They are competent and trustworthy.

Description of Work
For auto, I use Metric Motors. My air conditioner had to be replaced that is why I went there the last time.

Category

02/14/2015

Randal H.

I've used them for years. They've always been great.

Description of Work
I got new brakes and an oil change.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Radiators
    ask for details
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Minor & major repairs on most imports, tune-ups, timing belts, CV joints, brakes, AC, prepurchase inspection, engine & transmission replacement, technical diagnosis, extended warranty service, after hours drop off service, free local shuttle, tow service, rental cars available. Brands include Acura, Audi, BMW, Geo, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Saab, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo

Body repair, tires