Contemporary Living Services

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2011

Dog Walking
Animal & House Sitting

Time is our most precious commodity, as there is always so much to do and so little time. At CLS, we help our clients make the most of their time to promote a healthy balance between work and life. We not only provide exceptional time management solutions, but a lifestyle that grants more time for the moments that matter. We help achieve this by allowing our clients to control their time more efficiently through offering Personal Service solutions such as Premium Green Cleaning, Pet Services, Organizational Assistance, Property Staging, and a lot more. Think of CLS as your own personal assistant that focuses solely on ways to help make your home and work life easier At CLS, a strong partnership is our commitment to you and is why we are owner operated. We put forth every effort to insure a trusting relationship for years to come, as we strive to make life easier. Our mission is to provide the highest level of service in the industry, while freeing your time to enjoy the finer things in life. Award winning....

NATHAN'S MOBILE AUTOMOTIVE DETAILING

Nathan's Automotive Detailing is a Full Service Mobile Detailing Company. We will detail your vehicle at your home, while at work, or even while you are playing a round of golf. You can take pride as your detailer pulls up in one of our beautiful Mobile Units, each fully equipped with water, power, and the best equipment and supplies to make your vehicle "Look New" again. Our goal is simply to provide the best, most convenient service available, from your initial phone call to when we hand you your keys and say, "Enjoy Your New Ride!" 440.476.3518

Fresh Coat of Hudson

Fresh Coat Painters of Hudson is an experienced Hudson painter servicing the local Hudson and surrounding communities. Our company offers a wide range of interior and exterior painting services, and we approach every project with the highest level of quality craftsmanship. Our

New Outlook Restoration

New Outlook Restoration is a established family owned painting and restoration company. We specialize in your interior, exterior, residential and commercial project needs. As a company and family we pride ourselves on integrity, fairness and equality for all our customers. To us your not just a number but we are building a lifetime relationship through our quality craftsmanship that will last year after year! We are excited and grateful to help bring your painting projects into reality in a efficient and cost effective way.

03/13/2016

Arrived on time and as arranged to complete the estimate. However, two days later I received an email that they would not be able to provide the estimate (nor do the job) because they did not have the staff to complete the service. While this was very disappointing since (due to the owner's illness) initially it took some time to arrange for the estimate, I also understand that with a small company [on a rare instance] this can be out of their control. I wanted to give an "NA" for the overall rating, however, the system requires a letter grade.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for house cleaning services, prior to placing my home for sale.

Category house cleaning

Thank you for your recent review as this type of information helps us get better as a company. It was unfortunate that I was not well when you were originally interested in a proposal. We always put the health and safety of our clients first, and in that interest, I am confident it is always better to reschedule when there is a possible health risk to our clients and their families. Unfortunately I am the only one in our company that provides proposals, so I apologize for this inconvenience. It was unfortunate that the very afternoon I met you, we lost a crew member, so we needed to reevaluate our currently scheduled clients in light of this event. As I mentioned, I could only offer a price range when we met due to the recent construction in your home. Since you did not expect the work to be performed until mid-March, I mentioned that I wanted to see the property again when I could give you a firm estimate and work performance date. I have copied the email I sent the 22nd, and I apologize that we did not get the chance to see if we could win your project. I wish you success on your move and journey! Good Evening [Member Name Removed], I wanted to say thank you again for having me out to your home on Saturday, as it was a pleasure to meet you. I really enjoyed the tour, and I thank you so much for your interest in CLS. With this in mind, I am afraid that I will be unable to quote your property at this time for the move out clean. We are a small family company, and after I met you, we unfortunately lost a vital team member for a while on Saturday afternoon, so our schedule will need adjusted to compensate for this unexpected event. What I can say is that we are currently in the process of reevaluating our schedule for greater efficiencies, and since we might not be back to 100% effectiveness by mid-March to meet your project needs, I do not want to over promise and under deliver. As discussed, I would more than likely like to see the property when it is ready to be cleaned for an accurate proposal, and if it is of interest to you, I would be happy to continue to work on a solution until you are ready. Sincerely, Neal Franklin

07/02/2015

Neil was very accomodating inasmuch as we were under a time crunch. The cleanliness of the rooms far exceeded my expectations. They were right on time, neat and meticulous. They made suggestions related to safety precautions as well as future cleaning recommendations. I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
Cleaned laundry room, two bathrooms and kitchen to prepare home for sale. .

Category house cleaning

It is very nice to hear from you again, and I thank you for your kind review. I was certainly glad we were able to help you in a pinch, and I am always excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations in the process. I thank you for your business, and I look forward to our next project together! Sincerely, Neal Franklin

05/29/2015

Neal and Mia and Catherine with Contemporary Living Services have cleaned my house for several years now. I cannot express how wonderful they are! They clean with non-toxic products, which are essential in light of my health problems (and get my house much cleaner than the standard cleaning products do). They are also the most thorough cleaners I have ever had. Nothing is left uncleaned. They have brought things back to life (like my scummy shower door) that no other cleaners (even with toxic products and scrubbers, etc.) came close to being able to clean and renew. Each time they are done, my house sparkles, and smells fresh, not chemically. They are also such kind and generous people, and a pleasure to talk with and have in my home. I trust them with anything. They are always so willing and kind. And their price is extremely reasonable, given all the time and work they put into the job. For my mother's 80th birthday, I gave her the gift of Neal and Mia thoroughly cleaning her house for the party she was having. They took the whole day, on a Saturday, and charged me for only a portion of it. My mother's house is cleaned every other week by staff in her retirement community, but it looked like a brand new (and very clean) house when Neal and Mia were finished with it. I could not recommend this company more highly. I am so grateful for them!!

Description of Work
They cleaned my house with non-toxic products, and incredibly thoroughly.

Category house cleaning

We thank you for your kind words, as it makes all of us here very grateful. We are certainly not doctors in our profession, but it makes us feel wonderful to know that the services we perform make a positive difference with our clients and in the world we live. I would like to take this moment to say thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business and trust. We are delighted that we can call so many of our clients friends, and we look forward to continuing to work with you for many years to come! Sincerely, Your Friends at CLS

04/18/2015

Neil and his helper were very courteous and did not waste time in doing what I asked. I was home and periodically checked to see how they were doing. I checked the job well before they left and was very pleased. I asked them if they could clean for me regularly but there was no opening in the schedule. However, Neil offered to come for special cleaning jobs like he had just completed for me. I had him return on another day and clean my family room and kitchen that included washing the cabinets. There are 15 double door upper cabinets and 18 base cabinets, half of them are triple drawers. Neil started cleaning the cabinets with Milsek cleaner/polish since my cabinets are cherry. I asked him to use my general purpose cleaner as I think that removes cooking residue better. He had no problem with that since it is an environmentally safe cleaner. I was very happy with that job as well.

Description of Work
wiped down stucco and glazed walls in living room and dining room. They did a very detailed cleaning of these two rooms and a large foyer as well as a large chandelier.

Category house cleaning

Thank you once again for your continued reviews. We are happy that you were very pleased with the project, and we look forward to our next project together!

02/03/2015

It went perfectly! Neal and Mia are first class animal lovers with training experience with dogs. Both are extremely qualified to care for any dog, but most especially special needs animals. They visited twice prior to the contract dates to observe, meet and get to know our pooch. Mia even called us when there was a question about medication; I would use their services in a heart beat over and over again!

Description of Work
Care three times a day for our 14 year old, blind cockapoo.

Category house cleaning

It was a pleasure to work with your family and we thank you for your review. We provide a variety of different services, though caring for animals is certainly one of the most important to us. Our pets are like our children, and being an extension of our family, we want what is best for them. We are dedicated to the betterment of animals and is why our passion turned to a profession. It is hard to leave on a trip or vacation when you cannot take the kids, and though we are not the parents, I assure you that we will always provide the best possible care to the best of our ability so you can focus on your trip. We look forward to working with your family again! Thank you, CLS

12/31/2014

This was a deep cleaning of my "dust collector" full home, which had been getting a lick and a promise since my last house cleaner hurt her knee - a year before. Neal and Mia are amazing, spent more time than they had anticipated, but kept the price to our agreed amount. I am only sorry they don't have a slot to put us in their regular cleaning schedule.

Description of Work
Deep Cleaning

Category house cleaning

We enjoyed working with you and thank you for having us back again. We will look forward to our next project together!

04/09/2014

He led us to believe that he does a very though job of cleaning, the basics and extra items that most people don't clean like baseboards. He cleaned the extra areas like baseboards, but neglected the floor, the counters-things we considered as part of the basic house cleaning.We didn't think the cleaners he uses are very good either.

Description of Work
Cleaned our house. Did extra cleaning, but neglected the basic cleaning. The kitchen floors were not cleaned well at all.

Category house cleaning

Your opinion is very important, I and appreciate you taking the time to give our company a review. I am somewhat surprised however at the content of your review since it is different from the information you provided. At the time we completed our only project together on 8.28.13, we followed up with you as we do with all clients and you replied. You stated Sunday Sept 1 that “Overall the house looked good”. In addition I have an email dated 9.9.13 from your spouse regarding our follow up stating “We didn't have anything negative to say”, so a C rating for quality is a little unforeseen 8 months later. I kept both of these messages and I am happy to forward them to you and Angie’s List for verification. You did in fact mention that the floors could have been cleaned better as a focus point, though you also said, ”You did clean other things very well.” I have never had a call back, but I missed a stove pan once. Though she did not want me to come back to clean one pan or worry about it, I insisted on giving her a 20% discount on the project. I like to learn from my mistakes, and I can guarantee that I never forgot that stove again. This is why follow up is so important. I wish I would have known this 8 months ago, as I would have happily come back the next day to complete the project to your satisfaction or happily refunded a portion of the price. Regarding Price, we worked for 5.5 hours, or 11 total man hours, at a price of $10.93 after taxes, so we are disappointed that the price was rated a B. The price was well under local industry standard, though we always state that we are happy to further customize services to best fit you and your budget. We are sorry that we are only hearing about this now. Regarding Punctuality, I mentioned that we would arrive between 9 – 930AM for the project, and we arrived at 915AM. I am sorry that I did not keep our original meeting time on file, though I am seldom late because I schedule a half an hour window to insure this. I actually really wish that you could have done the initial walk through with us since you arrived towards the end, as I believe I would have been able to understand you and your expectations much better. We received a C for quality, and as mentioned above, I wish I would have known this, as I would have happily come back the next day to complete the project to your satisfaction, or happily refunded a portion of the price. We both took great pride in your project specifically and spent extra time there, though Quality has different meaning to different people. Where there is an issue there is an opportunity, so I urge your neighbors to read all of the other reviews so that they can make a qualified decision for themselves. I am particularly sorry that you feel that I misled you in saying that I was a thorough cleaner. Spots can be missed on the floor and I cannot say that the floor was perfect our first time. I know I did the kitchen floor specifically several times. The counters I clean at eye level to insure there are no crumbs or spots left over, so I am not sure what things were found. I know that when you arrived to our meeting at the end of the tour, you specifically mentioned that you did not think green cleaners worked. I was a little startled that you would try a green company for your work when the other cleaners failed, though I said green cleaners work in the right people’s hands. While there are countless studies that prove our natural products work I am sorry that I was not able to prove this to you. I wish you continued success, and I apologize that we were not the best fit together.

04/03/2014

Neal and his team do ongoing work for me and I am always happy with his work, he is meticulous!

Description of Work
Ongoing work, they are fantastic. They are reliable, professional, take great pride in the services they provide, are a pleasure to work with and I highly reccomend them!

Category house cleaning

Thank you so much for your kind review. You clearly take pride in your beautiful home, and we take pride in it as well with the services that we provide to you. It is our pleasure, and we are very happy to help achieve your goals for your various projects. Thank you for the opportunity, and we look forward to continually earning your business for many more years to come.

04/01/2014

They were wonderful. They cleaned my house for about 4 or 5 months. They are far more skilled than how they describe themselves. They can design, they can stage, they can help you redecorate. Neil is an artist that just happens to be in the cleaning business. His pricing is very fair.

Description of Work
I last used Contemporary Living Services last August.

Category house cleaning,home staging

That might possibly be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me, and I am truly touched. I know that I am not a Dr., though it makes me feel good that I can make a positive difference in people’s lives. I do what I do because I have a strong passion for the services that I provide to our clients. I also have a strong passion for our clients. I do not only want meet their expectations, as my goal is to exceed them each time. I strive to be the best not only for my clients, but for me as well. I recall that you have some projects coming up, and I want to let you know that when you need me, I have something special in mind for you just to say thank you for making me feel like a million! Thank you so much, and I sincerely look forward to working with you in the future!

03/31/2014

CLS is absolutely fabulous! They are extremely professional, dependable, trustworthy, and their cleaning of our home is impeccable. They are very detail oriented: provide a really deep clean with environmentally friendly materials. We have two dogs and are always amazed at how they can rid our house of all that hair in just two hours! They are definitely worth every penny!

Description of Work
They provide in home cleaning services on a biweekly basis.

Category house cleaning

We love to hear that we are fabulous for you! One of the great perks of our job is working with great people, great pets, and great pet people. Environmentally friendly products are so important for people and pets for so many different reasons. It actually takes us almost 3 hours to help make your home impeccable, so I am glad that we are there to help keep your family fresh, safe, and healthy for many years to come! Thank you!

Home & Office Management. Staging for Home Sales and Lifestyles. Real Estate Photography. Personal Shopping. Errands. Animal Training. Interior Design & Decorating. Landscaping. Lawn & Yard Work. Apartment Inspector. Administrative & Clerical. Leisure.

At this time we are not currently accepting regularly scheduled residential cleaning clients though we are accepting commercial cleans, one time cleans, and other CLS services

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal