FISH FURNITURE

Founded 1925 • With Angi since November 2004

1443 SOM CENTER RD

Cleveland, OH 44124

50 EMPLOYEES, NO SUBS USED. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ADDITIONAL HOURS: WED & SAT 10:00 AM-6:00 PM; SUN 12:00 PM-5:00 PM....

03/08/2021

Craig C.

Talk about Fish customer service! We purchased a beautiful Durham solid wood bedroom set from Fish Furniture over 20 years ago. Despite the age of this set, we continue to appreciate the exceptional quality and timeless style of this Fish purchase. Unfortunately over twenty years the set was showing some stain/finish wear and tear primarily around the bases from vacuum cleaners, dogs and five relocations. We initially contacted a local refinishing business to see if they could perform the repairs, but they didn’t provide an in-home service and would require the set be brought to the shop. On a whim, I thought I’d contact Fish to see if they were aware of someone that they would recommend. To my surprise, they said they ABSOLUTELY could, as they had a person on their staff for 30 years that did this sort of work for their Fish customers!! This is a 20 year old purchase! Within a week they had Bob out who was able to bring these pieces back to their original beauty and we could not be more pleased. Fish Furniture takes care of their customers! Thank You!!

Description of Work
Furniture Refinishing / Repair

Category furniture repair

08/15/2019

Myrna Y.

It went really well! I was so impressed by the delivery guys! They were friendly and helpful and went over the top for me. The salesperson I had was also fantastic. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Made a power recliner for me

08/29/2018

Marian M.

Now, we DID cause the problem with the bed but owner, Dan Geller, called me and said that he would replace the frame at cost. The foot board is not fixable, but the new frame is attached to the original head board. And the frame bears its own weight, so it is less likely to cause breakage of the head board. Also of note, this business has many employees that have been there for many years. This speaks to the quality of the ownership.

Description of Work
My husband has an illness that has caused him to, many times, drop onto our mattress. This caused the foot board of our Jamestown Sterling bedroom set to splinter. I have no room to complain because the bedroom set is around 31 years old. It was the first of many purchases that we made from Fish Furniture in Mayfield Hts. We went back so many times because the furniture is moderately priced, but of good quality. The staff is respectful and responsive. If you have a problem that you did not cause, they take care of it. I sent my daughter there, and she bought a beautiful Flexsteel couch!

Category furniture repair,furniture sales

03/21/2014

KAY G.

This was the third sofa which we tried to get into our downstairs den. We had purchased three different ones, none of which could be fitted down our stairway. Fish people found us one that actually worked and the deliverers were fantastic in maneuvering it into place. Jeff, at Fish Furniture, went out of his way to assist us in our choice. We are pleased with the quality and the placement.

Description of Work
The provider sold us a sofa and delivered it.

03/15/2014

KERRI H.

I went to Fish Furniture to find a dining room table. I had two really good salespeople who spent 3 hours with my husband and I selecting all the different options for our table/chairs. They were incredibly helpful in providing guidance and their expertise. They were even helpful in pointing out things that helped me steer away from features I thought I wanted. The table, 3 leaves and six chairs were delivered on January 7, 2014. There was a big 1" by 3" divot in one of the leaves that looked like someone had oversanded a flaw in the wood. A new leaf was delivered on 3/15, but it didn't match the existing table and had several flaws. My initial communications with the General Manager of the North Olsted store weren't to my satisfaction. However, a few days later, I got a call from Dan Geller, the owner of Fish Furniture. Once he got involved, my experience was much more positive. He offered to have a new table made and even increased the size of it, to compensate for the problems I'd encountered with the table. He was even able to work with the manufacturer to get the table built in 4 weeks, vs. the normal 8 week lead time. Overall, Dan Geller is very focused on making sure his customers are happy and that helped turn this experience into a positive one. I would have given Fish Furniture mostly A's and a B or two, but based on the challenges I had with the leaf/response time before Dan got involved, I felt it was fair to have the rating reflect that.

Description of Work
I spent $3000 on a custom made table and six by "Palettes by Winesburg" brand from the Fish Furniture in NORTH OLMSTED in November 2013..

07/05/2013

Laura R.

We originally purchased a Farehill Chair and Ottoman in 2012. After approximately four months the cushion of the chair collapsed although it was not even used often. We took the cushion back and it was replaced. we had it for six months and the same problem recurred. I took the cushion back in today and spoke with the owner, Daniel Geller, who immediately acknowledged the problem was with the chair not the customer. He took pictures of the "squashed" cushion and called the manufacturer while I waited and insisted that they replace the insert with a stronger quality. He literally took care of the problem while I was standing there. Hopefully this will work, but truly his dedication to the customer's satisfaction is rare and welcomed. I would recommend Fish Furniture to anyone who wants to be treated well as a paying customer. Very old school and very good business as I will return for my future furniture needs.

Description of Work
Purchased easy chair and ottoman.

05/02/2013

LINCOLN G.

Chuck, our salesman was fantastic. He worked with us on pricing and options and was clear that the items would need to be ordered. We returned to buy a mattress from him also. Very reputable, dependable business. Ordering took longer but I didn't feel as though I had been fleeced when I was done. ask for the angie's list coupon when buying.

Description of Work
We purchased a bedroom set for our Daughter and Tempurpedic mattress for us.

10/01/2012

William J.

We found exactly what we wanted at another well know store in the area and made the purchase there.

Description of Work
We went to look at living room furniure at Fish as we had done some business with them before. We saw some furniture we liked but decided to shop around more at some other stores. We went to another well known store in the area and found exactly what we wanted and made the purchase. That is not to say anything was wrong with Fish Furniture as we were treated very well there and would look to them in the future for other purchases of furniture.

10/01/2012

Kristin K.

It went well. When the furniture was delivered there was a big scratch on the headboard which the delivery man acknowledged. They came back and stained it. No problems with getting them to come fix this. the staining was done very well and I cannot tell where the scratch is anymore. I would use Fish furniture again.

Description of Work
We bought our daughter's bedroom furniture from them. The quality was good and the second service representative was very helpful in choosing the pieces. I felt like the first salesperson did not take me seriously when I went by myself to look at the furniture which is why I am giving them a B for responsiveness. When I came back with my husband, that person was not there so we had a different person help us and they spent time with us completing our order.

11/04/2010

Chris W.

They deliver on time, fix something if it goes wrong. They have stood by all of their merchandise. I have been shopping here for 30 years.

Description of Work
They have always been very professional and accountable for their furniture.

Furniture - Sales
    EXTRA 5% OFF REG. SALE PRICES

FULL SERVICE FURNITURE STORE SPECIALIZING IN SOLID WOOD FURNITURE.