Fresh Maintenance

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2009

420 Columbus Ave 600

Valhalla, NY 10595

As a family owned and operated company. Fresh values each of its customers and strives to achieve client satisfaction every time. We service all of the Tri-State area. Our specialties are Mold Removal, Water and Sewage Cleanup, Fire and Smoke damage mitigation....

07/22/2019

maryann C.

Excellent! Honest! Honest! I thought we had mold in the attic. I called Fresh Maintenance and spoke with Joe. He offered a free estimate. The next day Joe came over. We explained we plan on selling the house and if it was mold we want to take care if it. We went in my attic and Joe felt it was not mold. Joe took his time in educating us. If you sell your home and a home inspector thinks its mold the buyer will need to have it tested to prove its mold. Then it would be the seller's responsibility to correct the issue. Joe was honest. Patient. Knowledgeable If i were you I would only call joe at Fresh Maintenance. You will NOT be disappointed. You will only pay a fair or necessary fee for work done. I feel very strongly about honesty and FRESH MAINTENANCE IS HONEST .

Description of Work
Mold in attic

06/21/2018

Shannon Q.

I would really really want to recommend this company because after 2 years there is still no scent of the fire and there no mold. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
My house burned down and they came in to remove the burn odor. They spayed to remove the odor and to prevent mold.

Category water damage restoration

06/10/2018

Judy C.

Excellent. Joe called back quickly, and came when scheduled. He took a look and told us right away that it was not mold. He suggested some steps we could take to help the musty smell (ideas to help air circulation and future cleanings), and did not charge us a penny for his time and expertise. He is an experienced professional and nice guy. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Determination and possible remediation of mold

08/17/2017

Daniel L.

The work done was not as described in the proposal or as described on the company website. Contrary to the contract, no vent fans were used, the area to be remediated was not masked off, and the floor in the house was not covered. All I can verify was that the attic was sprayed with the anti-microbial solution ( I saw the bottles). I contacted the owner, who explained that the proposals are "boilerplate." And while he expressed frustration that the floors weren't covered, he had no interest in making any price accommodation, and justified the other lapses by saying that they were unnecessary. The job was simple, and I am hopeful that the actual mold remediation was done correctly, but I am not impressed by this company, and would neither use them again nor recommend them.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in an attic.

08/12/2017

Georgina P.

Everything went smoothly and clean. No fumes or anything to bother my pets.

Description of Work
I needed Mold Cleaned up from my attic. The men were courteous professional and respectful of the property. They got the work done quickly without a mess. I would hire again . They give a 25 year guarantee on their work and have excellent references.

07/02/2017

Brian A.

Great they were there within 20 minutes, and were working ten minutes after they arrived. They sucked up all the water and disinfected the whole downstairs. After they were done they set up drying machines for a few days and everything was like new.

Description of Work
Flood and sewage cleanup.

11/16/2016

Shannon Q.

He treated my walls for mold after there was a fire in my house. He did a great job but then I hired a contractor who was incompetent and ruined the remainder of my house. So the Fresh Maintenance company came back to see if it was anything they could do. There was not, and they did not charge me for the second visit and never sought the balance of the original amount.

Description of Work
Mold Removal

08/11/2016

Jenn B.

Joe was very nice. An honest and sincere guy. Very trustworthy. My experience was great. Joe looked around our basement and said that there was no mold other than a very small strip. He told me that it was not harmful and could easily be fixed by us. I asked him if he could do this and his response was, "There is no work here for me." An honest company like this deserves recognition and I am so thankful to Joe. Without a doubt I would call and hire Fresh Maintenance if their services are required in the future.

Description of Work
Joe came to give me an estimate on treating the mold in our basement.

06/30/2016

Paul C.

On his initial visit, Joe was thorough and thoughtful in diagnosing the problem, and did not try to over-sell me remediation on unnecessary work, even though tests in the crawlspace showed there was some mold. After scheduling the appointment for service, I contacted him on a Friday evening because part of the ceiling looked like it was about to collapse. He was scheduled to come the following week, but graciously offered to come the following morning on short notice to take care of the work and prevent an emergency situation. He has been extremely helpful in advising on next steps.

Description of Work
Removed area of our ceiling that had water damage and mold due to a leak in the roof.

02/18/2016

Patricia P.

It was fine. He was very thorough. He provided me with a lot of information and explanation. His report was very good as well. He was very accommodating with scheduling. They were a very good service to spot mold and potential mold problems.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" for Fresh Maintenance. They came in and did an inspection for mold. They tested the air in my crawlspace for mold content.

01/12/2016

Shannon Q.

After the first treatment nearly all my mold was gone. They are coming back soon for a 2nd treatment. They did a great job. Joe Margarita was very thorough in the performance of his job. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
They serviced my house for mold after a house fire.

01/08/2016

Sugeidy L.

They came out gave me a quote and provided the service a short time later. It was done in less than 3 hours and they did a wonderful job and was reasonable.

Description of Work
Removed Mold in the basement.

11/12/2015

Ralph W.

Joe from Fresh Maintenance is our go to guy for remediation of mold, sewage, etc. We've worked with him in multiple buildings we manage. His team did superb work after Sandy in buildings whose basements were filled with flood water. Even more impressively, his was the team called in when the exterminators refused to work in an apartment that was overrun with roaches. The put on their hazmat suits and dealt with the extensive mold and infestation issues. With all of this, Fresh's prices are reasonable and their attitude is fantastic. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Cleaned the worst infestation of roaches and other bugs that the exterminator had ever seen

11/04/2015

Jonathan S.

We did not use the service, but they supported our refund.

Description of Work
We purchased this coupon in error and were unable to use the service.

10/16/2015

michael M.

great. on time thorough explained everything and professional

Description of Work
full eval

10/14/2015

Alan S.

Joe and his team came into my home, and treated it as his own. That is what this PROFESSIONAL MOLD SPECIALIST did. He went into every area of my home and eliminated the problem completely. Time was never wasted on solving a major health problem and issue. This company is the finest example of how a company should be run, and operates at a very high level of concern for the homeowner or business owner. When the health and welfare of your family is at risk due to a mold situation , there is ONLY 1 COMPANY THAT I WOULD EVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE, AND THAT'S, Joe's.

Description of Work
Fresh Maintenance was contacted by me and I spoke directly with the owner Joe. After speaking with him about what another "reliable" company did to my home, he arranged to come over that day. I was greeted by a professional, kind and caring man who did a top to bottom assessment of my home. Joe determined that the previous company created more of a hazardous situation and he outlined exactly what was required and needed to make my home SAFE AND LIVABLE again. Joe and his crew started in our attic, which was overrun with mold, and spent almost 4-5 days removing our stored items, insulation etc.. He then cleaned the entire areas per his proposal, removed the mold and made the area safe again. Joe and his team continued to go into every area of my home and remove ALL of the mold issues., which were in every room as well as our basement.

10/03/2015

Linda D.

Joe called me within an hour of submitting a request for an estimate to evaluate mold in my bathroom. He came overing within a couple hours and gave me suggestions for how to resolve the issue. He did not charge me and told me to call him if the issues persisted. Very nice, professional guy. He did not charge me for the on site visit.

Description of Work
Stopped by the house to provide an estimate for mold remediation.

09/14/2015

Rosanne N.

They did a fantastic job. They were quick, clean and got everything cleared out. We are breathing easier now!!!

Description of Work
Cleaned out a considerable amount of mold in the basement.

09/04/2015

RICK H.

al customers Business owner responded to my home for a free estimate. He never showed up for the original appointment time and I had to call and remind him. At conclusion of his visit to my home he advised that he would be sending an estimate via mail or email for the work I wanted completed. I have contacted him three times since then and actually spoke to him twice and each time he states he will send estimate and never does. I chose this business because of the reviews and accolades they have listed on angie's list and I am disgusted with the customer service of Fresh Maintenance. I cannot comment on there work because I never got an estimate. In my opinion, business must be outstanding for Fresh maintenance as they can repeatedly blow off potential customers like second class citizens with a clear conscience. Update: 9/18/15 - Responce to the business comments concerning labor day- Weeks went by long before and after labor day with no estimate from your company. Your company is a disgrace and so are you.

Description of Work
Business owner, responded to my home for a free estimate. He never showed up for the original appointment time and I had to call and remind him. At conclusion of his visit to my home he advised that he would be sending an estimate via mail or email for the work I wanted completed. I have contacted him three times since then and actually spoke to him twice and each time he states he will send estimate and never does.

Category mold removal

I told you I was away for Labor Day in California. You weren't ignored, I had no access to my computer.

07/25/2015

Betty C.

The vendor responded to my call promptly and scheduled an appointment the same day I called. They came and evaluated my mold problem and identified the potential cause. It appears that I have a crack in my foundation which is causing water to enter the basement. The vendor recommended a simple solution to address the mold, however I will need to have the foundation repaired. I will definitely use this vendor again. They provided an honest assessment of the issue. I found the vendor to be very knowledgeable and extremely professional.

Description of Work
Evaluate mold problem

07/24/2015

Brent H.

Joe came to look at a mold issue in my basement. He was very honest and told me that I could remedy the problem myself and how to do it. He did not charge for the evaluation and advice. I then showed him another issue in my attic and he provided an estimate for remediation. We quickly scheduled. He arrived as scheduled, worked under difficult conditions (118 degrees in attic) and remedied the situation.

Description of Work
Remediate mold in attic

06/13/2015

Susan H.

Very well. He inspected our bathroom, and was honest about not needing his services to clean it up. He made some economical and practical recommendations on how to address our mold problem.

Description of Work
Checked bathrooms for mold.

05/08/2015

W H.

Joseph was great. He communicated well, arrived on time, scanned the house thoroughly and gave us ETD of the test results. Report arrived promptly. Luckily the test came back negative. Now we don't have to worry about mold. It was worth every penny. Thank you so much.

Description of Work
Scan throughout the house (all living area, + basement, +attic) with thermo camera and moisture detector. Took samples of mold-suspected area with swabs. Sent 4 pg report within a week.

04/20/2015

Russ S.

We were concerned about mold in our house (been here about 12 years) with past leaks. Joe came out on the 7th and sampled the air. On Saturday he indicated that there was definitely mold in the readings, but was surprised given the relatively dry house we have. He came back on the 13th for more samples of our bathroom area (where my wife and I thought would be the issue). Samples came back negative. Turns out we had an old plant that was the culprit. Better safe than sorry. Joe came back for the additional tests promptly, and was professional throughout. I would definitely recommend him for future work or refer him to a colleague. He knows his mold. He explains the specific types that get tested, which rooms are likely to have a certain type of growth and walks through the process. Two thumbs up.

Description of Work
Air sample to test for mold.

04/17/2015

mary B.

Joe was good and informative.

Description of Work
Inspected a moldy area.

Kleenup Restoration Inc

With over 20 years of professional experience, we are here to help you with any and all of your fire and water damage restoration needs!

Supersonic Cleaning Services, Inc.

We are experts on COVID-19 Sanitizing and Disinfecting, carpet cleaning, floor cleaning, odor remediation and upholstery, as well as water & smoke/fire remediation. Over 22 years experience - call today for a free estimate!

BOWERMAN CLEANING & RESTORATION

Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration is owned and operated by Michael Bowerman. After earning his MBA from Iona College, his vision of expanding the business his father started over 45 years ago became a reality. Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration started as a carpet and upholstery cleaning business and grew into a full service, disaster restoration company that specializes in fire, water, mold and all other weather-related damages. We only use the most modern, state-of-the-art equipment and our technicians are experts in their field. Whenever possible we use eco-friendly products and we always utilize cost effective solutions. At Bowerman Cleaning and Restoration we believe in maintaining our core business values: Customer Satisfaction, Quality Work, and Integrity, all while getting your home or business back to per-loss condition. We stand behind our name and our work.

Offers by BOWERMAN CLEANING & RESTORATION on Angi

New York
    New York State Dept of Labor
    12/31/2021
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Commercial & Residential Mold Removal, Water & Fire Mitigation, Sewage Cleanup, Flood Cleanup

Radon Testing. Asbestos Removal.