2muchstuff4me

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2012

2.2

Real Estate Auctions
Antiques

Tag sales, Estate liquidation Content clean outs, Insured and bonded...

09/06/2017

To call the owner Brian, the owner, a weasel would be an insult to the weasel population across the world. Do not be fooled by his initial boisterous personality he may display at your first meeting. If your objective is to simply empty a house, liquidate the contents with a wildly erratic pricing system (more on that), and have a man reign over the sale like a crass, belligerent carnival barker o...

Description of Work
Estate sale and subsequent clean out of remaining items in house.

Category auction services

04/26/2016

Description of Work
Brian and his staff held an estate sale on out behalf. We didn't think we had that much stuff but boy were we wrong. We had already filled a 20 yard dumpster before calling him to do the sale so we could move in. He came on Friday to look and see if he was interested in doing a sale or if we should just have a clean out. He said we should do the sale. Monday they set up. This sale was held the following Friday and Saturday. We made a profit of around $11,000 of which he gets 30%, more than fair. We still had so much left over we could have had another sale, but we decided to just do a clean out for $2200. Totally worth every penny. His crew came this morning and in just 4 hours they had the house completely cleaned out. 2 more 20 yard dumpsters were filled and the house was move in ready. It would have taken us weeks to do what they did. And the house never smelled better! A big thank you to Brian, Joe, Louise, and the cleaning crew.

12/13/2013

All the jewelry and some antiques were taken out supposedly sold for practically nothing ( meaning stolen) before the day of the sale

Description of Work
Very dishonest ... We had Brian sell the contents of my aunts house ..,...lot of stuff was gone before the day of the sale I couldn't belive it. We gave him the key and he stole the jewelry and other items. Had no choice but to go along And let him still run the Estate Sale.... After the sale no invoice no receipts no proof of what he got for the items just his word that he only made so much on the items Very Bad business

07/29/2013

Very pleasant women and very knowledgeable, I think....but too much charge for me. It is hard to guarantee a price....I would gladly except their per centage but cannot guarantee anything since I don't know what they make on a tag sale.

Description of Work
Expensive for me to get rid of my stuff.....I had to find someone, probably less known, who gave me a better price.

Category auction services

02/11/2013

I hired Brian to hold an estate/tag sale in my parents' house. It had been lived in for almost 60 years. My parents were " antique collectors". The house was three floors and a basement filled with collections including fine furniture and china and art work. The basement held player piano as well as furniture and books, etc. Brian looked around and told me that it would cost $3500 to do the job. T...

Description of Work
Mixed reviews excellent to disappointing

05/03/2012

We had another problem occur when he noted that a brass wood holder was sold for $5 in which it was sold for $15.00. Everything that was mine he tried to put the price so high that people would not buy it. I tried to talk to Brian later about the sales at the end of the day and he proceeded to again yell profanity at me. I left him and walked outside and his staff apologized for his behavior. He had a total lack of respect for the people, customer, and property. He tossed his cigerettes on the front lawn and left his personal garbage all over the house. I would caution anyone ever considering to use him to find someone else.

Description of Work
My father passed away and we were liquidating his estate and decided to have a tax sale. We spoke with a representative from 2 much stuff 4 me and a man named Brian came over. He gave me a contract to say that we can do the sale on the 12th of April. I explained that I couldn’t sign right away because I had to talk to my sister. He said ok and left the contract. I look through the contract and did not want to sign because there was a minimum cost and I also asked if I could bring things from my house that I could receive the benefits from and then the rest would go to myself and my sister. He said that was perfectly fine, he was afraid to agree to contract with no minimum for fear there would be nothing left. I said he could come back to the house and look at what was left and then we could agree if a minimum still applied. We agreed to meet and Brian met me at the home. He saw all the things and he decided no minimum would be fine. The day of the sale a man comes up to pay and had something from what I had provided and something from my father’s estate. I checked with Brian to make sure that he was separating the funds between my things and my father’s estate. He then yelled out loud “what is the big problem, it’s just $5.00”. He then yelled profanities at me. I said to him “you said you would do it and I expect that you do it”. He said he knew whose was whose and I brought a bunch of “s***”. The woman that works for Brian actually apologized to me for her behavior. Through the course of the day when I talk to different dealers that come in through passing, they said they know Brian was not a good guy. Earlier that day I had a painting that was worth at least $125 and the man wanted to pay $100, yet Brian said it was worth $125 and would not negotiate with the man or consider the $100 offer. The painting then was never sold. At one point there were dealers that came specifically looking for dolls Brian made them sorry that they didn’t get to the sale earlier by lying there was a whole collection of dolls that happen to be there earlier that were sold.

Category auction

tag sales, estate liquidation, content clean outs,

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal