MJL Enterprises

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2009

32 Beverly St

Islip, NY 11751

We are a family run business for over twenty years. We Install, Service, and Renovate any lawn sprinkler system. We are certified by NY State to test backflow preventing devices(Double Check Valves and RPZ devices) We are not the cheapest company by far, but we value quality....

06/24/2022

Sheri S.

Smoothly. Now a days that’s hard to find. Been using them for over 20 years

Description of Work
Maintained sprinkler system as well as replacement when it got too old

08/12/2017

patrick M.

They were terrific too. Very professional. They are excellent. When you call them, they are there on time. Their work ethics I was very impressed with. I thought the price was very reasonable. They knew exactly what they are doing. What happens when you have an old house, you run into people like this, you no longer shop for anyone else because you know you found the right person.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system. I used them in the winter to blow out the system and then they kind of rebuilt the system. They replaced a lot of stuff. They changed a lot of things.

07/13/2017

Rosemary J.

I called MJL Enterprises and left a message. The call was returned promptly that evening. Mark and his crew showed up early the next day, which was fine with me. They were professional and explained all the repairs needed before beginning the work. They stayed until they made sure everything was working well.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system repair. Two rotor heads replaced, Cut the main line and flushed dirt and rocks from a zone.

10/03/2015

Madeline C.

After struggling with my sprinkler system for a couple of weekends and replacing a few zoning valves, I determined that a few of my wires from the controller to the zoning valves were not working. As an old guy it was time to call in the professionals. After searching Angie?s list I called MJL Enterprises from Islip. The owner and his experienced assistant showed up on time, analysed the job, thought that they would need a little more time address some of the issues including running new control wires, and we agreed that that they would return at noon. They returned on time, did a nice job replacing my old wire ring including burying it, replaced 4 zoning values and a sprinkler head. What is most important is that they recognized some problems with the new zoning valves that I had installed. Only their experience in this trade would have recognized this problem. They also showed me how to clean some of the zoning vales they installed and gave me an extra for the future. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problems, ran new control wires, replaced 4 zoning valves, and replaced a sprinkler head

07/15/2015

Sau Man W.

I highly recommended them - they are friendly and courteous, always on time, and get the job done. They always calls me back right away when I call. No complaints!

Description of Work
Turned on sprinkler system for the season.

07/05/2015

Jamie A.

I have used MJL for about 2 years and have always found them reliable and professional.

Description of Work
Turned on and repaired sprinkler system and heads.

06/17/2015

Sari F.

We have already used MJL multiple times. They've opened, adjusted and repaired our system and all their work has stood up to the elements. They are fair and professional. They came as planned and got the job done, making sound recommendations. We intend to continue hiring them for all of our sprinkler system needs.

Description of Work
Turned on and adjusted sprinkler system.

06/14/2015

JAN H.

From the getgo, Mark has been professional, helpful, courteous, friendly. He installed our system years ago. When we have had a problem or a question, we call, leave a message and he quickly gets back to us. I definitely would recommend Mark and his company.

Description of Work
installed our sprinkler system, has done updates to it and closes it down for winter

05/28/2015

Denise R.

Very professional company with excellent communication. We had a little misunderstanding about the work at one of the properties and they came right back to take care of the job. I will certainly use them again every year going forward.

Description of Work
Turned on the sprinklers at 3 properties and made repairs as necessary.

08/23/2014

NOEL A.

Mark and his crew of three arrived promptly and not only did the work discussed but added a buried manifold rather than using my original manifold which is what we had originally discussed. His crew was efficient and polite and did the work swiftly. The crew was experienced and they had all obviously been doing sprinkler installation for years. ,, In short I was very pleased with MJL's services.

Description of Work
I installed my in ground sprinkler system myself about 25 years ago and have been repairing it myself yearly. This year I decided I needed a professional to redo many of the zones and build a new manifold. Mark called me back the same day I called and arranged to come over for an estimate several days later. I told Mark what I had in mind and he came up with suggestions which were better than my original thoughts. The work included installing all new heads and installing a new zone, While I had envisioned Mark would use much of my underground pipe, he replaced most of it installed a new brass pressure valve, buried all the valves in boxes, ran a new controller line etc.etc.

08/18/2014

patrick M.

It was a pleasure to do business with this company. They really provide a first class product and service . They were on site when they said they would be, explained in detail all work to be done and performed all work in very professional and high level of competence. Quality workmanship with attention to detail. A+ *I only wish they did more than sprinklers.

Description of Work
Restored an existing sprinkler system. Replaced the control panel and all sprinkler heads. .Adjusted lines and spray patterns.

08/01/2014

Sue D.

Dennis and John were prompt, courteous and accommodating. They were on time and cared about what they were doing.

Description of Work
deck repair

06/30/2014

Thomas D.

Job went well. My neighbor came over for a repair, and they did it as soon as they were done with my installation

Description of Work
Installed a new 4 zone sprinkler system. Arrived on time. Marc and crew were all professional. They are an experienced, hard working crew. Worked well together. They were friendly, respectful of our and our neighbors property. Cleaned up well. Marc was thorough in his explanation of the system. It was obvious his crew knew their stuff. Proactive with keeping the job moving, but not too quick to miss any details. It's nice when an owner/operator comes with a crew of seasoned family men, who know their job and do it well.

06/28/2014

Carol M.

Professional, courteous professionals. They were on time ,with a courtesy call before arriving. The 2 men who repaired my sprinkler heads were extremely kind and courteous, very neat and meticulous with their work. I highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Replaced 2 sprinkler heads

06/17/2014

jimmy M.

I left a message requesting someone return my call as I was having problems with my sprinkler system. The company did not have the courtesy of even returning my call.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing. That is the problem

Category irrigation systems

NOT WHAT COMPANY YOU CALLED BUT YOU certainly didn't call my company. Peopl like you should be banned from angies list

06/13/2014

janis D.

excellent and professional.

Description of Work
started up sprinkler service and had to do rewiring and replaced sprinkler heads.

06/10/2014

Denise R.

I needed some drip tubes installed for potted plants and my entire system looked at to see if it was performing properly. MJL's communication was great, they were timely and did a wonderful job. They found another problem with one of my zones (something I was aware of but didn't fix) and took care of that issue as well. Overall...great company and I'll be calling them again each year for more work.

Description of Work
Added drip tubes for potted plants and fixed some lawn heads

06/04/2014

Maureen D.

He arrived on time, was friendly and professional. Both Mark and his helper did a fine job. Everything was done neatly and professionally. He answered all my questions and was a great help. I would definitely recommend him and would use again.

Description of Work
Checked sprinkler system, added riser for mist system, installed 2 new rain bird rotor heads, added a trench line for new rain bird rotor head in back of house and set the timer

04/21/2014

Karen P.

It went very well. The company is family owned. Mark and his son, Joe, are quite professional and courteous. Because it was a rainy day the workers were very challenged but they pushed through. Almost all of the work was completed in one day, as promised. My brick walkway needed to be torn up a little. they were unable to put it back perfectly that day, due to the rain. But they returned the following day and repaired it beautifully. Since it's too early in the season, I haven't used the sprinklers yet, but they were working well on the installation day. I'll send an update after they are operational. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed a new lawn irrigation system

04/12/2014

Melody S J.

I had my sprinkler system installed approximately 4 years ago by another firm. I was satisfied with the installation, but each season, when the system either had to be opened or closed, there were extra charges. In fact, last year one of the workers (the owner no longer did the work for me) tried to overcharge me by $100.00 by writing a 1 in front of the normal charge which probably was $70.00 (trying to charge me $170.00). Tired of being cheated by this other sprinkler company I looked for a new company on Angie's List. Having been highly recommended on the list, and not far from my home I called MJL Enterprises. Mark called me back the same day I left a message telling him what I needed. We quickly agreed on price and when he would come. He came on time with an assistant. He explained everything to me, he was professional, polite and a pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Mark opened my sprinkler system for the season.

04/04/2014

Norma B.

It was okay. It was satisfactory. I don’t have any problems with them. I wouldn’t have gotten them if the price wasn’t right. It was all good quality. They were all good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from MJL Enterprises for a lawn irrigation winterization.

04/02/2014

BRUCE Y.

This is the second time I used MJL Enterprises. Once again, Mark and his team exceeded my expectation. They arrived on time. They are very polite and professional. They completed the work within 2 hours. After the work is done, Mark spent time to walk me through the work that has been done and show me how the new sprinkler heads work. Overall it was a very pleasant experience! I would recommend MJL Enterprises to anyone that requires the service!

Description of Work
Added a few sprinkler heads to cover more areas. Adjust sprinkler heads for better of the lawn.

12/11/2013

Helen H.

Job was handled professionally and quickly. No problems as all.

Description of Work
winterized irrigation system

10/29/2013

Donald M.

They found my problem and fixed it. I was very pleased. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They came out to troubleshoot my irrigation system.

10/27/2013

Carolyn D.

We've gone through many lawn irrigation companies and MJL is by far the best. Opening and closing our system always goes smoothly and is done very quickly. They also added a zone, moved a few heads and installed a new clock this season for us. Finally our sprinkler system is working the way we envisioned. It doesn't get our patio or pergola wet anymore (something the 3 previous companies we hired were never able to do). We have full and even coverage on our lawn and in our gardens. I would recommend MJL to anyone looking for a lawn irrigation company.

Description of Work
Winterized my sprinkler system

Category irrigation systems

We are always pleased to work for such nice people....

G & E Landscaping

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

One Construction

Want your Steps, Fences, Driveways to look Bright and Clean? One Construction has the Solution! Please contact us to Schedule an Appointment We Provide Professional and Reliable Service.

Volpe Irrigation

J.T Irrigation services Jesse Volpe (631) 372-9165 I am a clean cut young man with 5 yr experience with irrigation systems,working with several companies and now branching out on my own. I am a reliable contractor that gives free consultations and advice over the phone on the best way to maintain your irrigation system. I offer a three year work and installation service guarantee. I am a no smoker on the job. My services includes: system maintenance, spring system opening, winterizing systems, sprinkler head repairs, sprinkler head and zone relocating, sprinkler service box relocations, valve replacements, leak repairs.

Sprinkler Systems Installations, Turn on, Winterization, Repairs, Renovations, Trouble Shooting, & Backflow Testing

Landscaping