Dolphin Plumbing Inc.

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2014

PO Box 753

Highland, NY 12528

You are in safe waters with us! High quality plumbing and heating repairs and installations, Knowledgeable and friendly service, Reasonable rates. Available 24/7 for emergencies. Our service will make you flip!...

plumbers (78)water heaters (16)drain cleaning (15)HVAC Companies (10)well & water pump repair (7)home remodeling (6)sewer cleaning (3)water softeners (3)gas leak repair (2)septic tank service (1)

04/29/2021

Matthew C.

John, Was on time, explained what needed to be done, Adjusted pitch of piping and added a shut off valve to to prevent any issue in the future. Quick and clean.

Description of Work
Replace Outside garden faucet

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

Ty neighbor! Glad you are happy with John's work, hard not to be... John takes tremendous pride in his trade and is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. We appreciate you noticing! Call us if you need us- Be well, Jill

12/04/2020

Susan L.

Very well. Tub/shower single control valve thermostatic cartridge & gasket were replaced in good time. Nice job -- good as new.

Description of Work
Leak of tub/shower faucet

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Ty for posting. Glad you are happy, John does not disappoint! Call us if you need us! All best, Jill

10/30/2020

Laura A.

Super skilled plumber with tons of integrity. I know when I call Dolphin the job will be done correctly. No cutting corners. Has been able to fix shoddy work done by previous plumbers and has advised us on numerous commercial & residential issues. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installation of water purifier, removal of sink, repair leak and more

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

Ty so much neighbor! Appreciate your comments - they are all true! I know you know that you are in safe waters with us! Over and out- Jill

10/30/2020

Jeremy R.

Each service that needed to be performed were addressed immediately and will not need fixing again, for the foreseeable future.

Description of Work
There were many points that needed addressing

Category plumbing,water softeners,wells,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Thanks neighbor! That's how we roll- fix it permanently. John is very thorough, no short cuts. Ty for appreciating him. Call us if you need us!

10/28/2020

Molly F.

Absolutely Fantastic. They did a great job on the installation and left the area clean and spotless.

Description of Work
New Hot Water Heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Ty so much [Member Name Removed], Always a pleasure to work with you! Next time, we'll bring lunch! Call us if you need us- All best, Jill

10/13/2020

matthew G.

I called Dolphin for an estimate on a maintenance service for my Navien hot water tankless system. The tech that came out was very prompt and courteous and answered most of my questions. The problem arose when I received the estimate for the work to be done. All I received was a price. I sent an e=mail requesting an itemized list of what would be done including prices for labor and parts. I received a response from the owner who refused to itemize their estimate saying, "this is not how we do business". And she stated they would have nothing further to do with me. That was it, no explanation or reason for not providing me with an itemized estimate. What professional company refuses to give an itemized estimate? Needless to say, thank goodness I did not agree to have these people work in my house. Worst customer service I have ever received.

Description of Work
Service estimate for Navien hot water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

ACTUALLY, this was NOT maintenance. Here's how it really went down in 2019; pls see below for our email exchange cut & pasted in its entirety after John came over and gave you a free estimate and spoke to you for an hour about other issues in your home. As indicated below, this was a job working behind an incorrect install performed by someone else; not our favorite situation as we always run into more problems once we uncover someone else's sub-par work. That's what we felt the job was worth in this circumstance, it wasn't a parts & labor kind of gig. Btw the initial consult is not just about you deciding if you want to hire us; it's also about us deciding if we want to work for you. Some jobs like this aren't worth getting into... the customer is already p***** off that they paid for a bad job and now has to pay more to get the right job that they should've had the 1st time around- not a great opener especially if the customer starts questioning our cost. We didn't do the bad job; we are the ones fixing it. And John is OCD, meticulous and does everything to code. No bad deal there. Pls read below to refresh your memory: Jill Ziccardi Tue, Oct 1, 2019, 5:01 PM to member email Hi Member - Thank you for your patience. Here's the deal: -Re-plumb exhaust and intake -Supply/install acid neutralizer -Clean up condensate line = $1200 + tax Lmk if you want to move forward- All best, Jill member Tue, Oct 1, 2019, 6:05 PM to me Thank you. I was not expecting such a high estimate. Could you please send me an itemized estimate including labor and parts. Thank you. Member Jill Ziccardi Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 9:25 AM to member Hi Member, My apologies but we don't have time to break down your job like that and it's not how we evaluate the cost of the job; we have a flat rate pricing system that includes all of our allocated costs as John is not just a guy in a truck - we are incorporated. I'm sorry you feel this is a high price but we feel this is a very fair price to un-do and re-do as it is not easy for him to make it right but he would- and once he touches it, then he's married to it and we have had lost our shirt in the past working behind folks that don't do the right thing. 70% of our field work is fixing the wrong doing by others and your unit is definitely not properly installed, missing the acid neutralizer and not plumbed to code. In addition, John already spent an hour with you, speaking with you about other issues in your home and priced up this job. And he is a certified Navian installer, licensed and has expertise that is valuable. Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion- no hard feelings at all, but it doesn't seem like we are a match for business so we are going to respectfully decline. We wish you well- many thanks for reaching out to us. Kind regards, Jill

09/17/2019

Trina R.

I contacted Jill because my plumbing came loose and my kitchen was flooded. She was very understanding and they showed up and fix my pipes temporarily. We made appointment to repair the pipes they were on time, professional clean and the price is reasonable will be hiring again.

Description of Work
A prior contractor messed up my plumbing in my Kitchen had to moved for the second time

Category plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for posting. Glad John was able to correct your plumbing and that you have been welcomed into the Dolphin family! We are happy to count you as another happy customer and it is a pleasure working with you! Call us if you need us- All best, Jill

07/17/2019

Rollin H.

I was informed that no new customers are being accepted at this time (July 2019) as they are at capacity. This post is an FYI as I cannot comment on the services provided since was not able to schedule any work.

Description of Work
Requested service to remove filtration tanks plus some potential plumbing line repair.

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Hello- I'm sorry for the delayed response and that we were not able to serve you; but as the business owner, I'd like to offer a full explanation of why this is the case since it seems that you felt disappointed enough to post this non-review. 1. Perhaps you are unaware, but there is a huge shortage in the trades, ask any plumber, carpenter, mason, electrician, mechanic, etc. I know, bc we have been trying to hire a 2nd plumber for almost 4 years, been thru 7 or 8 of them but can't find one that takes pride in their work, has craftsmanship, knows code and performs quality work. And btw, 70% of our work is correcting bad work done by other contractors that obviously were not professionally trained - not acceptable to us. 2. The main reason we are in such demand is that our master plumber takes tremendous pride in what he does, is honest, knows code and performs high quality work that is done right the right the first time. If you must know, he is managing a customer base of about 800 and growing- ONE PLUMBER. 3. In addition, you should know that our customer base swells in the summer bc we have city customers that have vacation homes in the Hudson Valley so if we get too jammed up, we have to stop taking customers or people won't get the quality service that we are invested in. 4. In your case, we did stop taking customers for a couple of weeks at the height of our season but Shokan is out of Dolphin's service area, which is smaller that Angie's list territories, so either way, I'm afraid we are not a match for business. We can't serve everyone that wants our service. It is not humanly possible. So- I'd like to ask you, for a company in this predicament, what would've been an ethical response to your inquiry? I was trying to be transparent... as it is one of many of Dolphin's business values but your post seems to indicate that you were not satisfied with my response. Pls advise. Many thanks, Jill

07/05/2019

Rob M.

By the way, this happened two years ago in 2017, and I’m still angry about it, so decided to write a review.

Description of Work
I used Angie’s list messages to ask a question, and Jill the disgustingly rude receptionist, had to respond passive-aggressively with capital letters and letting me know that they are a “master plumber”. It was all so unnecessary, as I only was asking about cementing two pvc pipes together... something I ended up doing myself (and I’m no master plumber). She also said it would be $85 to come out and check. I nicely said that I believe I had about an hour of work for them. This is when she wrote back in caps that WE determine the time not me. Wow. Is this how they teach loser receptionists to acquire more business? Complete jerks. The worst. Never will get a dime from me.

Category plumbing

Hello Angie's list customers, Pls scroll down to 7/10/2017 to see this woman's complaint as I posted the extent of my email exchange with her 2 years ago and haven't thought about her since.... Sincerely, Dolphin Plumbing Business Owner

06/03/2019

Lori H.

We contacted a few plumbers, this company responded right away and in a professional manner. They worked with us around other contractors it was like choreographing a play trying to get all the contractors here at the right time. We took out an old tub and tile and put a new one in but we did not renovate the whole bathroom so it was tricky. The bathroom is very small as well. The tub needed to have a platform placed under it he did what was necessary. John changed toilets around for me and some faucets so he was good about using the stuff I had. The job came out great, no leaks. We had one problem with the tub not holding water but John came back right away and adjusted and it's fine. I would highly recommend him,Jill and his son.

Description of Work
We needed new tub, toilets switched around and faucets.

Category plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

Review for Dolphin Plumbing Inc. - PO Box 753, Highland, NY - 37907374

OMG! I swear I responded to this - my apologies for the delay. It was a pleasure working with you and your husband and I hope we helped move your future ahead! All the best to you both- All best, Jill

AC installation. However, we do AC repairs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Dolphin Plumbing Inc.

How is Dolphin Plumbing Inc. overall rated?

Dolphin Plumbing Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Dolphin Plumbing Inc. open?

Dolphin Plumbing Inc. is open:

What payment options does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. provide

Dolphin Plumbing Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Dolphin Plumbing Inc.?

Yes, Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offer?

Dolphin Plumbing Inc. offers the following services: Plumbing Repairs & Installations, Oil & Gas Boilers/Furnaces (including HIGH EFFICIENCY units), Hydronic Heating & Boilers, Gas Piping & Repair, Water Heaters (On-Demand/Indirect/Electric/Gas/Oil), Well Tanks, Pump Repairs, Toilets, Tub & Shower Controls, Faucets, & Sinks, Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher & Icemaker Installations, Bathroom Renovations & Additions, Sewer and Drain Cleaning, Water Quality Testing, Water Softeners & Purification Systems, and more!

Are there any services Dolphin Plumbing Inc. does not offer?

AC installation. However, we do AC repairs.