Its All Better

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2008

7773 Bull St

Bridgeport, NY 13030

Professional honey bee removal and rescue. Safe and reliable bee pest removal service. swarm and home infestation remediation. 20+ years construction experience, 16+ years Beekeeping experience. I will safely remove the nest and clean up the mess.

10/14/2017

Laura N.

Bill and his co-worker did an excellent job. My old metal mailbox had to be dug up, he found three other posts and got rid of those as well, the new one assembled and set in concrete. He and his co-worker were done in 45 minutes, including before and after chatting. He took away all the broken and dug up material, and even straightened out the flower borders. We have already discussed a couple more small jobs, ranked as to what I feel is important. He gave excellent advice on how to purchase railings, rather than building them at a greater cost. Bill charges a flat rate of $100 per hour. Within that hour he will do as many projects as he can fit. I try to buy the material ahead of time so workers don't have to chase down what I want, and there was a little extra time left after the mailbox. He spent it looking at a couple of small projects I have. He was pleasant, smiled a lot and gave good advice. A note on the cost of the mailbox replacement. He did charge $200 for that, but he and his co-worker dug up the old one, assembled and installed the new one, and took away all the trash. I consider it a fair price.

Description of Work
I contacted Bill through his website and he responded immediately by email. This is particularly helpful to me as I don't hear well. I needed my street side mailbox replaced, and had already purchased a new one. He made an appointment and arrived on time to look at what needed to be done. A down payment was given at that time. He made a real, actual appointment for the next week, and arrived on time and with the necessary materials.

03/03/2015

Barbara U.

itried to get him back or some miner fixes, answering machine said he was bookup 3 months still waiting after 5 months or more

Description of Work
replace porch ceiling

Category drywall, handyman service

11/26/2014

Jennifer N.

Great! work was completed in about an hour. I was shocked when he was done. I expected for it to take longer to do repairs. I have used him several times and have been very happy, THANKS!

Description of Work
Fixed leaky faucet, fixed fluorescent light and installed a new faucet .

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

09/03/2014

Debbie R.

Everything was excellent. He was on time, professional, and polite. He even took the iniative to fix some extra things that we hadn't noticed for no extra charge.

Description of Work
They repaired some holes in our walls.

06/02/2014

Claudia D.

He took time to listen to us what we needed. He can do so much. He is like an all around handyman and he is just somebody that can come in and do it all.

Description of Work
We used the services of Its All Better.

05/20/2014

Kathleen F.

This went really well. My only regret...why did I wait so long to hire It's All Better. I was so happy to get these items finished. He did a great job. He did everything I asked!

Description of Work
Hung plantation shutters. Built a beautiful new step connecting family room to kitchen. Fixed several kitchen cabinets.

Category handyman service, woodworking

thank you for the review. it was a delight to work for you and you made me feel very welcome in your home. I look forward to working together in the future.

02/04/2014

analeza J.

He did a good thorough job and took time to explain the problems he approached with me. Very kind and professional.

Description of Work
Inspected my house I'm buying

Category home inspection

02/01/2014

Brian O.

Along the way he found and repaired some rotted sill. Everything was done well and on time. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Bill Kaufmann demolished our old large deck and build a new one using treated lumber and composite decking.

Category decks

12/25/2013

david D.

helpful in realizing what was good and what needed attention in the house

Description of Work
inspected my home inside and out. gave me a hand writen report and reviewed it with me.

Category handyman service, home inspection

10/22/2013

Linda W.

Did a very good job. Would certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
Repaired shed; replaced ramp and all the rotten wood. Removed roofing and installed new wood and shingles. Also built a new step for my patio room .

05/01/2013

Charles J.

Bill did a professional,meticulous job. He clearly explained how he planned to proceed and what needed to be done. He was pleasant and easy to deal with and we would not hesitate to hire him again. We are very pleased with the result!

Description of Work
Repaired drywall and painted kitchen and dining room ceilings as well as painting basement stairwell and portion of kitchen walls.

Category drywall, interior painters

04/03/2013

Tracy H.

We had a good experience with Bill on a previous job so we asked him to do a repair job on some rotted floor joists in our basement and to replace the front door and flooring in our foyer. Bill came out and discussed the job with us, explaining how he would go about fixing the problem. It was a complicated job so I checked some remodeling sites online and his suggestions were right on. Once the needed materials were purchased and delivered, Bill fit our job into his schedule promptly and completed the job within 3 days of beginning it. Bill and his assistant were very pleasant and polite and they even fixed something extra in my kitchen that had been bothering me for years. I won't hesitatate to use Bill again.

Description of Work
Bill fixed rotted floor joists in our basement, removed and installed flooring in our foyer and replaced our front door.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, woodworking, foundation repair

03/23/2013

jordan M.

Despite being a one man crew, he got the job done as quickly as a larger crew would have because of how hard he worked. He was punctual, friendly, and extremely hard-working. He was good with our dog and toddlers and never got annoyed or flustered when they barked or cried. He was very respectful of our home. He was quiet, listening to music in a blue tooth rather than blasting a radio. He was thoughtful about the order in which he painted the areas, such as painting the kitchen first so that we could get back to using it as soon as possible. Bill listened to what our priorities were for the project and helped tailor it to our budget. The finished product looks great. We'd definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Bill did a fantastic job painting our living room, vaulted ceiling, kitchen, doors, and trim.

Category interior painters

12/11/2012

maurice M.

I was very happy with the job Bill performed with the whole plumbing job. Encouraged by that I hired him to remove and replace rotted plywood subfloor. He did a good job at this but could not count on him showing up every day. That in itself was a huge inconvenience as the area he was doing was a traffic area which was located in the middle of the house. He stated he numerous personal things going on. I was patient with Bill he did complete the subfloor and was ready to start the tile which he did. He was using a new product to use on top of plywood we supplied him with a video and alll necessary information for proper install. He stated he read all info and was ready to do it and would not have a problem. All materials were on site. The installation went horribly wrong. When I arrived home and saw he had not used the adhesive grout for application of the plastic on to the plywood he was stunned. I then called Best Tile the supplier and was told it must me taken up and gotten as clean as possible. Bill at that point said he was just going to leave. He re-thought and came back in to start removal. I t was a mess, it was Thursday evening and he said he would not be back until Monday. We told him that was unacceptable we could not live in the house with this mess. The situation was not tolerable asked Bill to leave and found another contractor to clean up his mess and start over. If I had not caught that mistake I would have been out thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
Bill replaced soft copper with type L in my laundry room. Also added pressure regulator and installed dual filter whole house water filter system. Next job was remove and replace rotted sub floor and then install ceramic tile.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

This person DID NOT PAY A DIME. I was stolen from and lied to; he out right refused to pay for the work done then demanded that I do something other then what he originally requested without any compensation. I said I would not move forward unless he paid for the structural work and materials that I supplied. I have never heard of a contractor being ripped off by a home owner. This person pulled one over on me. I have changed my business practices due to the maliciousness of this customer.

10/22/2012

terry L.

Nice guy, laid out his work schedule a head of time, gave me the cost before he started the work then performed the work timely and professionally.

Description of Work
Outside wiring, Porch floor repair, replaced a lock, etc.

07/29/2012

Sheryl H.

Had to buy more wood for stairs--initially wrong wood choice (joint decision).Overall, no problems.

Description of Work
Trim work, replace deck stairs, hang door, finish basement window interior.

07/01/2012

Kirk M.

When we received the original estimate the days noted were tues-thurs as the days looked good and the price was appropriate we ok'd the work. We did not have a signed contract only an estimate so when the work began the owner tried to up the per hr charge but we reminded him that he said 90hr. This was a little awkward as he then realized that he short changed himself but continued the work. He said that he generally gets $110/hr (for two people), and that it must have been my sharp negotiating skills that brought it down. I didn't negotiate the price at all. He stated once he writes an estimate he does not go over that. The estimate stated he would call us a week ahead but he never did we had to reach out to him. He did text us back and forth the entire time. On completion of work the first day they did not clean up really well after themselves and there was some sort of tile mess on the front door and front porch. We spoke to them and they were better the next day. They did not work tue-thurs like the estimate said it went out 4 days between TWO WEEKS, which put us back on our schedule to finish the bathroom and we sat around 2 days of our vacation waiting to get done. A few times he was scheduled to come but then called and had to reschedule, one day it was 5 minutes before he was supposed to be here. He said that they'd be there at a certain time the next day, but was a little over an hour late. This was not really professional in our eyes. He did not start work until later in the day or afternoon which did not make sense to us but he apparently had family issues so we were understanding of the availability times. We were disappointed that the work was not completed in one week as we had planned to finish the work the following week. They still need improvement in cleaning up after themselves. Bill used our step stool, rubber gloves etc. We felt as a professional service business you should have your own materials and not use/borrow the home owners'. Upon the end of the 4th day Bill came on his own and finished the grouting but when leaving I said to him doesn't this need to be wiped down and caulked? He in a round about way was looking for me to do that and apparently already had it in his mind he was done with the job. Being surprised by this really irritated me. I remember specifically stating on day one that I was surprised by a previous contractor on the last day, telling me that I had to do the grouting, he said that they would finish the tiling and caulking So, I had to do the final steps. We called him a few days later and told him we did not consider the job done until the tiles are wiped down and caulked. He said he would come back out, and a time was scheduled, but last minute before he came out he said had an emergency and had to reschedule. This and other scheduling times were changed via text message as well. Our phones do work, and I gave him a few phone numbers to use. A text message is not very professional, especially when I am not expecting one. It's like sending an email, unless you are in front of the computer constantly you don't know you received one. He contacted us once again, via text message, to come back but we had other things going on and after they constantly made several changes in this project, we said forget it we are going to do ourselves. Well into the tiling, Bill stated that our tiles were not square/straight. He also stated that our wall cubby/inset was available as a pre-fabricated unit. These things REALLY should have been told to us BEFORE tiling was started. Even if he did not notice the tile issues until a while into it, the wall cubby option should have been brought up before it was completed. Now there is a VERY wide grout line all the way around the inside of the cubby area. I also asked about a wide gap in a corner before grout was to be put in. Bill gave the impression that he missed it. Then stated it would be better there than the other side of the wall. However, it was them that put up the hard-backer for the tile, plus this should have been measured to avoid such an issue. I also remember on one day they were very adamant about remarking how many tiles there were and how long it took them to do them. This was on a day that I noticed they were on the phone quite a bit. His helper, Chris was on the phone for at least 30 minutes outside. I wasn't staring at them, but when I'm paying two people for work, and they're complaining about how long it's been taking, and I see them on the phone, well, it just doesn't add up. Overall, they DID do a good job on the tiling, but they really need to work on being more professional (having a contract, sticking to times, using own supplies,staying off phone, clean up) if these things improve then the service would be better.

Description of Work
The estimate was to perform labor on laying tiles in our bathroom with in 3 days of one week . we purchased the materials.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

Wow! First off the only people I have worked for that write me bad reports live in oswego county. Therefore I realize that I am unable to satisfy the people who live there. I will no longer accept work in oswego county. I gave him a great price and reminded him that he got a great price, he writes that I tried to up the price. I was being nice as usual, I guess he just isn't used to contractors keeping their word. This misunderstanding of agreements follows through out this gentalmans review of my work. Read the very end where he states "they DID do a good job" I believe taking a lunch break and talking on the during the break is normal, obviously he did not. Much is said in this review about how I did things wrong. An example would be sending him a text message. This person said his preferred method of communication is by text message. Apparently he has changed his mind. He says he asked me if the tile should be wiped and caulked. I was the one that said I would do it but he suggested that he do it. I said if he changes his mind that I would gladly come back at no charge. Just more miss communication. The fact of this job was that he tried to do it himself before he hired a professional. He goofed it up. His work needed to be removed and the job started from the beginning. I believe this review is his ego trying to justify his lack of skills in tiling. This is the reason I am in this business. I have the skills, and in the areas I do not possess the skills needed I hire the professional in that field. I believe this is why you are reading this review, you are looking for a professional to have the job done right the first time. What this person did not mention is that he turned down the idea of installing shluter membrane behind the tile as this was an expense he did not want to pay for. I installed the membrane anyway and paid for it myself. This took an additional 4 hours and turned a low quality job into a high quality job that can be guaranteed. Even though I did add extra time to this job to give him a better outcome he still felt it necessary to slam my name. I hope he is enjoying his professionaly built, custom made shower. thanks.

06/18/2012

Linda W.

They did a very nice job. I thought that they were reasonably priced and they were in and out and they did their job and it was all good. It was $75 to replace the windows and maybe $100 to replace the damaged floors.

Description of Work
I used Its All Better and they just replaced a few windows for me and also replaced some damaged floors on the outside of the house.

Category flooring contractor, replacement windows

Thank you for your review. It was nice to chat with you and get the task completed. I would gladly work for you again. Thank you.

06/12/2012

Linda C.

He even took out some of the existing dry wall that we had put in to make the area more level and even...I had him install white beadboard and make the shelves out of white malamine. It looks great !!!! I love it . We had t.v. and phone wires in this closet which he re-routed to behind the wall and made some of the panels removeable in case we have a leak ...our washer return hose is in the back of the wall. Bill is very nice, easy to work with and listen to your ideas ...this is the second time we have had him here and it definitely won't be the last. I always seem to have a project just waiting...Thanks again, Bill (we both really appreciate your hard work and love our bathroom. L.and Thomas Caristo

Description of Work
Bill took apart an existing linen closet and re-designed it.

Category handyman service

Thank you for you r kind words. It was a pleasure to work for some one who knew exactly what she wanted. Your clear view of the finished product and your ability to communicate that was a tremendous help. I hope you are satisfied with the results each time you view it. thanks again.

05/15/2012

Joan F.

I was not happy with the work; the faucets leaked down the sink and warped my oak floor. The one that he had replaced in the bathroom also leaked and left the tiles in an annoyance. He did not charge me to re-do the floor but he did not do a good job on the floor anyway, it is going to cost me $1,000 to have it done right. His price was a little steep.

Description of Work
I used It's All Better to get some faucets put in for me.

Category flooring contractor

This person tried to commit fraud with my insurance. She loosened a nut under her sink and said I did it. I take pictures of all the work I do so this doesn't happen. Instead I offered her some free work and she still was unsatisfied. I like to sleep at night and will only do that if my conscience is clear. I work to feed my family and my family is growing. I will only do the best I know how and nothing less because doing the best will get me more work. More work will feed my family.

05/09/2012

Carol R.

It's All Better installed a new sink, a new faucet, garbage disposal and a new dishwasher. I liked his work product. He is reliable, he was there when he said he would be there, cleaned up and is very dependable. I would use him again.

Description of Work
I hired Its All Better to do a mini kitchen remodel.

Category handyman service

It was a pleasure to work for you and yours. I hope all is well and you are enjoying the kitchen. I would be happy to work for you again and enjoyed the conversation on the job. It is nice to have someone learning from me and sharing with me what he knows. Iron sharpens iron ans one person sharpens another.

03/04/2012

ROBERT C.

very professional at a price that we can afford ...that is a rare thing now a days.

Description of Work
he does work for us on our rental homes. There seems nothing that he can not do. he always makes time for us. his work is the best.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

What a great review. Short and to the point. I will continue to do the best I can for you and others. Thanks for the continued support.

03/02/2012

D. L. H.

Arrived on time for appointment. Examined job, asked questions, listened to my ideas. Submitted bid was within ball-park for our budget on project. Three things determined we would not use this company: their insistence we provide certification the area was lead-free, that it was asbestos-free (or have it tested at $950) and that they be paid at the end of each day's labour or they would not return. The first two issues have never arisen with any other workers we have hired (nor have they ever proven to be a problem in the house) and the third item (about being paid every day) shows a lack of trust I have never encountered with professional people. As the homeowners, we feel it is important to keep control of the business end of the process. We typically pay 1/4-1/3 up front, 1/4-1/3 half-way through and the remainder upon completion. While we understand the concern about health issues, their approach was off-putting, especially in light that there has never been a problem with these substances in the house and it has never affected any other workers we have employed.

Description of Work
Did not hire.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

It was a pleasure to speak with this customer, she was very clear in verbalizing her vision of the completed renovation. Although I would like to clarify a few things she stated in her review. First is the testing for lead. Its All Better is certified by the EPA to test for and remove lead. The Environmental Protection Agency’s law states that on,”April 22, 2008, EPA issued the Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule. It requires that firms performing renovation… in pre-1978 homes, child care facilities and schools be certified by EPA and that they use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers to follow lead-safe work practices.” Any contractor that preforms this customer’s project is required by law to test for lead before work starts. Asbestos is along the same line but more deadly. Second is the cost stated for testing. This cost was not for testing. It was a possible added expense only if lead was found in the renovation area. Third is the end of day payment. Most customers appreciate this approach as the work is paid for as it is completed and never up front giving the home owner more control over the project. The number one complaint I hear from home owners is that the previous hired contractor accepted money for work and never returned to complete the work. End of day payment for labor has put a smile on many faces as it give satisfaction that they are paying for what has been already been done. All my terms are negotiable except those restricted by law. Please ask questions if you are uncomfortable with anything, anytime. It is my goal to complete a job with the highest level of satisfaction possible. I wish all who are undertaking a renovation the best in getting it completed beyond all expectations. If anyone ever hires someone else to do work and have unanswered questions or are unsure if they are doing the job correctly, feel free to call.

12/30/2011

Donna K.

My husband had been struggling, for weeks, to put up crown molding in our newly remodeled family room. With the holidays, and company, fast approaching I finally couldn't take the pressure anymore and called Mr. Kaufman. He indicated he could be at the house within the hour, to give me an estimate. He not only arrived on time: he brought a helper with him and the two of them had the job done and were gone within three hours of their arrival. Charges were dead-on the estimate. They were courteous and professional. And the room was ready for the holidays ! Awesome job ! Will definitely call him again !

Description of Work
Installed crown molding in family room and kitchen.

Category woodworking, interior painters

12/02/2011

Jessica M.

I hired Mr. Kaufman to remodel my kitchen and have been very impressed with his work. Far from a run of the mill handyman, Mr. Kaufman is a meticulous craftsman whose superb skill and attention to detail yield beautiful and one of a kind results. Mr. Kaufman is experienced in the renovation of historic properties and, in my kitchen, was able to create custom cabinets that are both beautiful and architecturally consistent with the rest of my Victorian house. I am thrilled with the final product! In addition to his excellent work, Mr. Kaufman is reasonably priced, professional, and conscientious in his work. I highly recommend Mr. Kaufman and It's All Better for anyone considering home renovations.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel with custom cabinets

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters