CAPITAL VACUUM

Founded 1953 • With Angi since March 2008

3.5

CAPITAL VACUUM FLOOR-CARE WORLD of RALEIGH & CARY, NC offers complete vacuum and floor-care product sales, service, repair and related supplies. We have been serving the Triangle region for 60 years! We welcome the opportunity to serve you - with two store locations - in Raleigh at 1666 North Market Dr., phone 919-878-8530 and in Cary at 209 E. Chatham St., phone 919-467-2834....

GQ Appliance Repair

GQ Appliance Repair is a small veteran owned business that offers repairs on all household appliances and all major brands. We also do installations and haul always. If your looking for great quality service and prices then we are here for you.

Saun, LLC

Saun Appliances repair service major name brands 10 plus years. Our mission is to satisfy our customers with great service from start to finish in a reasonable time.

Offers by Saun, LLC on Angi

01/11/2017

ANITA J.

We were promptly greeted by Eric. He took the time to explain and show us how all of the the vacuums operated and the differences. With his assistance we were able to find two vacuums that suited our needs.

Description of Work
I visited Capital Vacuum to get my vacuum replaced with a new one.

Category vacuum cleaners,appliance sales

09/17/2015

Dana K.

My vacuum gobbled up a cat toy which got stuck in the hose. I wasn't able to get it out. Took the hose in to Capital Vacuum who saIf they wouid they would charge me $40. Yes, $40. I wasn't expecting a freebie but $40?? Surely it wouldn't take more than 20 minutes to remove the toy. with their experience and, I assume, some special clever tool that they have. I will NEVER go here again for any reason whatsoever and am sharing this experience with everyone.

Description of Work
See below.

Category small appliance repair

10/25/2012

BONNIE L.

When I took the vacuum into the shop on 10/16/12, the repairman fiddled with it a couple of minutes while on the counter and said it was a bad switch (which I had already guessed). He said he would look to see if there were any other issues. I was told the repair estimate cost $25 which is applied to the cost of repair. A different repairman called a week later (10/23/12) and stated the switch replacement would cost $190. When I questioned why the repair was so high, he said the repair was labor-intensive, and $190 was the "shop-standard" price to replace this switch. I asked, given it was the shop-standard estimate, why wasn't I told the "bottom-line" repair price when I took it in, and I would not have waited a week for an estimate. He said he would talk to the owner and see what could be done, if anything. He called back the next day (10/24) and said the owner said that was the repair price, and nothing could be done to lower that cost. I will pick up the vacuum today and will either find another repairman, or purchase a new vacuum. I don't necessarily mind paying an honest price for a repair, although in this case, the repair is almost as costly as the vacuum was 3 years ago (it was $250 new), nor do I mind paying for a shop's time to diagnose a problem and develop an estimate. I don't appreciate waiting a week and then being charged $25 for a "base-line estimate" they could have given me on the spot. Had I known the repair would be "no less than" $190, I would not have bothered with the repair. I suspect they kept it deliberately to get "at least" $25 for an estimate.

Description of Work
Took my mother's 3-yr old Electrolux Luxe vacuum in on 10/16/12 because it would no longer start when pressing the on button.

Category small appliance repair,vacuum cleaners

06/06/2010

Nancy M.

Took vacuum cleaner in on Saturday afternoon; repair/customer service was thorough, professional, offered to bring vc in from car. He took history of problem (husband vacuuming, accidentally caused vacuum to "inhale" part of bathroom throw rug, causing hot burning smell and vacuum no longer running.) Also informed him we have a St Bernard in the house, so dog hair is a definite issue....had been almost three years since last servicing. Stated it would be about a week to have repair completed, took $25 deposit, to be applied toward work. Rec'd call a week from Monday, stating it was ready to be picked up. Again, courteous, professional assistance when picking up vacuum.

Description of Work
Repaired and "tuned up" Kenmore upright vacuum cleaner

Category small appliance repair,vacuum cleaners

10/25/2008

WENDY F.

Price was exactly as quoted and the vacuum works much better than before service.

Description of Work
Our Hoover upright vacuum had a broken belt, so we took it to the store in Cary to be replaced and ended up having Capital replace the beater and all belts and perform maintenance service.

Category vacuum cleaners

03/12/2008

Lina L.

If you take your vacuum cleaner here, make sure that you specify whether or not you want a "deodorizer" added to your vacuum cleaner. After paying $121, we vacuumed and the house STUNK giving my husband and me terrible headaches. We looked at the secondary filter that had been replaced by the store and it had a brown substance on it that reeked like the smell. We tried washing the filter out, but it still stunk. I called the store to see if I could exchange the filter. They said that they place deodorizer pellets on the floor and they vacuum it up, so I would need to replace the bag to solve the problem. I explained about the brown substance on the filter that smelled so strongly. The person said this was not possible. No offers to exchange the filter or bag. I suggested that in the future they ask their customers if they want the deodorizer as to avoid this problem for allergy sufferers. The person just responded that this was rare. Terrible service--will not return here.

Description of Work
Vacuum cleaner was serviced: Self propelling feature repaired, belts replaced, 1 secondary filter replaced, (I chose to replace the larger HEPA filter myself), and new bag was placed.

Category small appliance repair

VACUUM SALES, SERVICE, REPAIR, PARTS & SUPPLIES. Serving you since 1953 with two locations in Raleigh & Cary, NC. SALES: 30 name brands of new vacuum cleaners including Miele, Riccar, Electrolux, Beam, Royal, Fuller - 200+ models to choose from. Uprights, Canisters, Built-in Central Vacuums, Carpet Cleaners, Floor Cleaners, Steam Cleaners, Air Purifiers and Heaters. SERVICE/REPAIR, PARTS & SUPPLIES: For all major brands. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you!