Citywide Moving Systems Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since September 1999

SC

2722 Chamber Dr

Monroe, NC 28110

Household moving and packing services.

Family owned & operated. No of employees-42. Local moves are charged at an hourly rate. Intrastate and interstate moves are charged by the weight of your shipment. Licenses - NCUC 2235, US DOT 859309 & ICC MC 378914. Additional phones - (704)541-8451, (704)799-8993. Ask for Angie's List....

movers (229)piano movers (24)storage unit (10)

04/20/2022

Duane R.

Good I should have had more stuff moved

Description of Work
piano move & sectional sofa

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

Thank you for taking the time to give us a rating & review. Our movers really like it when they get positive feedback and that they pleased our customers, we will let them know how happy you were with their work. Please let us know if we can assist you again in the future and please be sure and tell your friends. Citywide Moving Systems, Inc

08/01/2021

WILLIAM B.

Very professional from start to finish. This is a great company to work with. They were helpful in giving me suggestions on packing, on ways to save money, and answered all of my questions throughout the entire process. The people who loaded my things on the truck and unloaded at the other end were very careful with everything. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Moving from Charlotte to Asheville

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

We really appreciate your Great review. It was a pleasure taking care of you. I will make sure your movers here your praise. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future. Have a Great Day!

06/03/2021

CHRISTOPHER H.

Went very well. From scheduling, they talked me through all of the services and what was to be moved and gave a price estimate. A little over a week before, I received a follow up call to confirm. The first day, they brought a truck out and spent a good bit of the day packing boxes, etc. The second day, they brought two trucks out to pack, loaded everything, travelled to the new house and unloaded everything. It was very evident most of the team was experienced and had done many moves before. They were quick, efficient, but took care with everything. They don't charge you anything until the job is done and you are satisfied. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moving household about 15 miles across the area

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review. Our movers work hard at taking care of our customers and are always excited to receive great reviews. Please keep us in mind for your future moves. We would love to take care of you again.

09/24/2020

Debbie C.

They showed up an hour late. They came in an old loud truck that didn't even have their name on it because they claimed they hadn't had time to paint it yet. They only worked 30 minutes and then took a break to smoke a cigarette. They expressed that the job was "too big" for them and dragged their feet the entire time. They didn't attempt to even protect my furniture and left strap marks on my belongings. They didn't load all my furniture up even though the truck wasn't completely full. Afterwards they charged me incorrectly and said I owed them another $300.

Description of Work
I hired them to move furniture out of my condo.

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

Citywide Moving Systems moved Mrs [Member Name Removed] on 09/15/20. A 2/man crew was booked for her job. After the movers arrived at the origin address, Mrs [Member Name Removed] called our office and spoke to Dana, her sales consultant and said the movers indicated they may need more help. Our dispatcher said he would send the first crew that came in out to her job. Mrs [Member Name Removed] was fine with that. A few hours later Mrs [Member Name Removed] called the office again and said we did not need to send any more help because the movers already had everything loaded; She laughed and said “her husband said she was a little uptight and needed to leave while the movers were there” so she did. When the movers arrived at the destination, they realized the condo was on the 4th floor and called our dispatcher for help to unload. We did send out one additional mover to help. Mrs [Member Name Removed] never contacted our office again so we assumed everything went great. When a Bill of Lading is turned into the accounting department, it is checked for any errors before the customers credit card is charged. If any errors are found, we will contact the customer and go over the paperwork to explain the errors. The driver listed the correct hours worked on the BOL but added incorrectly making the total $300.00 less than what it should have been. We called Mrs [Member Name Removed] a couple of times and left messages with no response. On Friday, Dana called and spoke to Mrs [Member Name Removed] and explained the movers had miscalculated her total and she wanted to go over the paperwork with her to show her the errors. Mrs [Member Name Removed] said she did not have the paperwork with her, but she would call back. When she did not call, it was determined that we would run her credit card for the incorrect total and hope she would call the office to discuss the difference. Two days after her credit card was charged, Mrs [Member Name Removed] wrote this review and gave us a “F”. Why would you rate our company with a “F” when we knew nothing about your issues? We would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss them with you.

09/02/2020

Beverly G.

I thought it went great until I received my bill. When I contacted Joel at Citywide the only question I knew to ask was rather the billing started when the movers left the company or when they arrived at my house. I was told when they arrived at my house. That ended up not being true. I was billed for thirty minutes each way. Another one hundred twenty five dollars. When the moving was over Mr. Jackson and I went over the paperwork. I knew I was being rushed but thought it was because the job was finished. I didn't know to look in the truck once finished. I should have since I cannot find some of the things that were in my dresser drawers. When the dresser was taken out it was up right until inside the truck then it was turned on the side. There was nothing of value only sentimental. The paperwork does mention rather I checked the truck. I did not. I did not see that in the paperwork until too late. I signed off on all paperwork. The things pointed out were what I already knew. I trusted these guys and the company. It's my own fault for not reading each line word for word. I had given them a glowing review right after the move. I do not feel the same now. I know to always read what you are signing and have no excuse for not doing that other than I liked and trusted them. I will not make that mistake again.

Description of Work
Moved from one location to another three miles away.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

All NC movers are regulated by the North Carolina Mover’s Association and all local moves are charged strictly by the hour plus a one-hour travel charge. It is also called a truck charge, but they mean the same. This time does cover our movers from our warehouse to your origin and from your destination back to the warehouse. All our sales consultants explain this travel charge to every customer. Your time does start when the movers arrive at your origin address and the time stops after all items are unloaded at your destination address, plus the one-hour travel charge. Our trucks are equipped with a GPS system in which we can monitor where our trucks are always. The movers were at your origin address for one hour and forty-five minutes. It took them 10 minutes to get to your destination address and they were there for one hour and five minutes making a total of 3 hours plus your travel charge of one hour. Total 4 hours for your move. Please know that although most of our customers do walk through our trucks at the end of their moves to make sure everything has been unloaded, small things may still be missed. Because of this, our movers must make sure the trucks are cleaned out and ready to go for the next move. If anything is found at that time, the office is informed, and we immediately contact the customer. Unfortunately, nothing was found on the truck after your move. Please take all the drawers out of your dresser and make sure your items are not stuck in between the frame. We have had this to be the case. I regret this happened on your move and I hope the items are found. Thank you.

08/17/2020

Stan D.

OUTSTANDING!!! If you need a moving company, this is the one! I moved my furniture and belongings via a Pod, and there was some question about loading dock capability at my new condo complex. Citywide squeezed me into their schedule, Cathy was a delight to work with - she made me feel like my needs were the most important thing in the world. The crew was communicative, professional and careful. Joe and Mike were exceptional, working like demons to keep me on schedule with the loading dock. Even though it was their second move of the day, they kept a fast pace going the whole time. I manage property for a major university in Northern California, and deal with moving companies regularly. Hundreds of moves every year, from single offices to entire multistory buildings, and I couldn’t have hand picked a better team. I’m very impressed and highly recommend Citywide.

Description of Work
Trans load from a moving “Pod” onto their truck, then unload into condo.

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent review. Our guys love hearing feedback from their customers. We will definitely let Joe & Mike know how pleased you were with their hard work. Please tell all your friends we love referrals. Thank you again Citywide Moving Systems.

07/14/2020

Mark G.

Poorly! They were very unorganized during the move. They unloaded boxes in the garage that were clearly labeled for other rooms. They damaged my walls and cracked the tile on my laundry room floor.

Description of Work
Hourly Local Move

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

Your move was performed on June 13th, 2020 for a total of $1950.00. On June 15th you spoke with our claim’s coordinator, Kathie, and filed a claim indicating the damages to your walls and the ceramic tiles. Through email correspondence, you were informed that we would make an appointment for our repair technician to repair the damage walls but due to COVID 19 we were limited to what we could do at the time. We also inquired about the ceramic tiles in which your wife was going to see if the builder had extras. We would be glad to check our technician’s schedule and set up an appointment for the wall damage and per you wife’s last email on July 14th, she was still waiting on the contractor to give her the tile information. Please contact the office and let Kathie know how you want to proceed. Thank you.

07/14/2020

DAVID K.

As a military family, we've moved a dozen times. Our move with Citywide was our first move as civilians and definitely one of the best. We've seen just about everything that could go wrong with packing and moving over the years. Citywide took exceptional care of our belongings. They used moving blankets and huge rubber bands in creative ways to insure that our furniture was delivered without a scratch.

Description of Work
Packing china cabinet and moving large furniture

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Here @ Citywide Moving Systems, INC. We value our Customer's opinions & appreciate you & your family & want to THANK YOU for your service. Please call Citywide if you ever need our services again. Thank you/Citywide

07/13/2020

Christine H.

I had living room/bedroom furniture mainly - Right on time, super friendly, asked questions and took extra care to make sure doorways and property were done well. Courteous! Awesome all the way around!

Description of Work
Helped me move from a 1st floor home to a second floor apartment.

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Here @ Citywide Moving Systems, INC., we really value our Customer's opinions & appreciate you being one of our Customers. Please reach to us if we can be of any service to you in the future. Thank you again - Citywide

03/03/2020

Laura B.

Very well. Pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Loading & moving to another location.

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we really appreciate your business & love hearing from our Customers. If we can be of any more help to you in the future, please let us know. Thank you again! Citywide

We are a family owned and operating local and long distance moving company. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. Our services include packing, moving, labor, piano moves and hoisting for residential as well as business customers. We also have a 72,000 sq. ft. climate controlled storage facility available for your household items when you are between homes. Call us today for a Free Estimate. Visit our website at www.citywidemoving.com.

We are not able to move Storage Buildings, or Hot Tubs, although if you have any questions regarding any other services please feel free to contacts us.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover