All Handy Services LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since May 2012

108 Brookberry Ct

Jamestown, NC 27282

All Handy Services LLC is an insured, locally owned and operated, family-run business....

06/27/2018

Gwen S.

I was very pleased with Brandon's work. He was nice and easy to talk to. He suggested things I could do myself to reduce the cost and worked within my budget. I appreciate his honesty and how easy he and Carrie were to work with. I will be hiring him in the future for further projects!

Description of Work
Replacing fence gate, repairing step, check for mold

05/29/2016

Michael D.

On time, professional. Fair price.

Description of Work
Install wiring and security light and wire and install new exterior electric outlet.

09/24/2014

Joy M.

Description of Work
Provider did not want to accept the job--said he was more a handyman than a lawncare provider. That being the case, he shouldn't advertise lawncare. I MIGHT try him as a handiman.

Category handyman service, lawn service

We are confused by this customer's review. When she contacted us, we explained to her that we did not mow lawns. She insisted that she had other things for us to do around their home. We went out to see the work needed, and the customer proceeded to show us the lawn that she wanted cleared and mowed. She did not ask us to look at anything else around her home. We declined to mow the lawn and gave her the name and contact information of a lawn care provider that we trust. We were clear and up front with her from our initial contact with her.

08/12/2014

Shana S.

Quickly fixed our front door. Resealed and secured our half bath sink. Very pleased!!

Description of Work
Quick and great work!

07/15/2014

Michael J.

Description of Work
They installed a new dryer vent to the outside from the laundry room in the center of the house. They also sealed off the old vent that I had disconnected on accident when I was trying to clear it. The old vent went between the 1st and 2nd floor and was not easily accessable for cleaning. The new vent is.

06/30/2014

Nanci G.

Description of Work
Brandon was contracted to replace rotting wood on a screened porch. The rot was much more extensive than originally thought, so the estimate was obviously incorrect. Brandon was open to suggestions, very professional, needed little oversight, and left the area clean when the job was completed. I will use All Handy Services again.

Category contractors, handyman service

05/30/2014

Dennis L.

Description of Work
Installed storm door. It went great

Category handyman service, doors

05/27/2014

Charles J.

Update: Evidently his charge was not out of line at all (according to my neighbors)-- my expectations were out of line. So I've changed the evaluation of his charges -- and I need not only to change it but to apologize for the first evaluation. At the same time, I'd note that although it's true that he offered to quote the job, he did not do so "repeatedly" and I did not decline "repeatedly". My wife was in the hospital and the work needed to be done and since it was. And, again, when I asked after the work was done how much we owed, he declined to tell me -- which created the suspicion that we were going to be overcharged -- and which factored into my grading the overall experience of doing business with him as a "C" grade . I would have called him directly to apologize, however, he is evidently no longer in business judging by the fact that the phone number is no longer in service, so it may not matter. Original review: Our dryer vent, which is 8 feet+ up on the side of the house, has a grill covering to prevent birds from nesting. In November we noticed the grill had collected dryer lint. The fire hazard potential was pretty slight, but we figured we needed it takenc are of. I bought a ladder to do the 15 minute job myself, but the ladder was a tad too wide to fit between a garden window and the A/C unit, so we decided to hire it done. All Handy Services is located nearby and sounded professional, so we called them. By this time it's mid-December and we're in the midst of winter storms. I told him he didn't need to come in bad weather, but he responded promptly anyway -- despite having to wade thru a couple of feet of snow and plant his ladder in that stuff. When he was done, I asked how much we owed him. He said he'd invoice us. A few weeks later we got a bill for $80. Had I known it would cost that much, I wouldn't have called him. Note: The cost is the only reason we'd hesitate to use him again. We have no quarrel with the quality of his work (though it wasn't a job that called for a lot of skill.). He seemed very knowledgeable and professional and certainly was prompt. And he had to drive his truck here and work on a hellacious winter's day. But it was a job I could have done myself in 15" on an average day if I'd had a ladder that was an inch narrower, so paying $80 bothered a bit.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent

Category handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

We at All-Handy-Services respect our customer's feedback and take both positive and constructive feedback seriously. We do want to note that for this customer, we offered to quote the job prior to completing the requested work, but the customer declined repeatedly, noting that his wife was concerned about the fire hazard and wanted the work completed right away. We always recommend that customers get written quotes from us (and others). We stand by the prices we quote and pride ourselves on sticking to the quotes we give, so that customers are not surprised by the final invoice. The price might seem high to this customer, but the work we bill for covers not only our time and expertise, but also the overhead cost of the tools and equipment (e.g., a ladder the right size). We are also confused at how the review merited a "C" overall score, when we receive A ratings on all aspects besides the price.

05/14/2014

Adam O.

04/22/2014

Wendy S.

Description of Work
Contacted provider on 2/21 via email, he was very promp in scheduling a time to come look at our projects. After looking at everything, he told us we'd hear back from him "next week". Never heard back. Even if he didn't want to do our projects, it would have been nice to know. I had to select an overall rating, so I chose 'F'...but I really don't know his work. His responsiveness is for sure an 'F'.

Category handyman service

We clearly dropped the ball in our follow-up with this customer. For this, we take full responsibility. We have followed up with the customer, but also want to issue her a public apology for our lack of follow through with her. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations, and take it to heart when we fall short. In order to address this feedback, we hope to repair our relationship with this customer, and we will be putting a process in place to reduce the chances of a situation like this occurring in the future.

04/15/2014

Patricia D.

Late for arrival - but very professional.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for work to be done - warned me that the estimated in the high range - prices received were the reason I did not hire them.

Category handyman service

We appreciate feedback from all of our potential customers and strive to be punctual. The work was quoted in October, and in the six months that have passed between our initial contact and this review, we have forgotten details regarding whether we arrived outside of the times that we had scheduled. Those occurrences are infrequent, and we try to communicate promptly with customers if running behind schedule. We also understand that cost is a factor of any service provision. We perform quality work, which often costs more. This customer asked us to complete some of the work quoted. When we followed up with her to schedule, we did not receive any response, so no work was done for her to assess our quality.

03/17/2014

Holly M.

The quoting process went smoothly and Brandon was open to suggestions to make the job go well. He was able to complete most of the jobs with limited interaction and oversight from us and did a great job on all the work. He was also very flexible in working around our schedules and also as challenges came up within the projects. We would certainly hire him again for future work!

Description of Work
Brandon completed several projects for us, including replacing a dryer exhaust including drywall work, some caulk and siding work, and some plumbing work.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, dryer vent cleaning

03/01/2014

Marilyn M.

I cannot say enough positive things about Carrie and Brandon. We live in Wisconsin but still own a substantial investment property in Lafayette, IN. We have been using All Handy Services to do needed upkeep maintenance on the house as it is listed on the market and needs to stay in tip-top order for potential buyers. Carrie and Brandon respond to our requests in a very timely fashion. The quality of work they do is top-notch and they clean up after their work well, too. Their communication with us is one of the best professional examples of communicating that I have ever come across. They are polite, but clear with what they can and cannot do. Our only wish is that they came as far north as Wisconsin!

Description of Work
Helped us check up on and perform needed tasks to our property in Lafayette, IN.

02/22/2014

Brandon J.

Brandon quoted me a price of $475 and told me this was a high quote because he might have to custom order gable vents or completely change the size of the vent openings. What brandon did is put a standard sized gable vent in that was too small for the opening and then put a smaller piece of vent on top of that to fill in the rest of the opening. The vents do no look good but they are functional. Brandon only worked on the job for less than an hour. My wife an I were home the entire time he was there. Because custom vents were not ordered and the opening size was not changed, I expected to pay less than the quote of $475. The invoice I received had $50 for materials and $425 for labor. This means labor will cost you over $500 an hour if you go with All Handy Services. To make things worse when I expressed that I felt I was being overcharged I received an email that was anything but friendly and they made no attempt to right their wrongs.

Description of Work
The provider "fixed" two gable vents on my home.

Category handyman service

At All-Handy-Services, we pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction, our professionalism, and our quality. We take all customer feedback seriously, and we also realize that we cannot please everyone all of the time. The above review does not give an accurate picture of the time invested in this job, the quality of work completed for the customer, or the communication after the job was completed. In this response, we aim to give Angie’s List members important information that was omitted. We submitted a quote for $425 (we estimated labor only for this job, which was clearly stated on our estimate). This sum was acceptable to the customer. At no point was any promise or insinuation regarding a lower price given to the customer, nor did the customer ask for clarification about whether a lower price would be possible. Approximately 6 hours was invested in completion of the work, which included time taking measurements at the home during an additional trip, travel time to and from the location, time spent researching appropriate ways to meet the customer’s needs, gathering materials, and completion of the job (which, contrary to what was stated, did include resizing one of the gable vents). On the day mentioned, 2.5 hours was spent performing the job (including travel time and some time getting materials), not 1 hour. On February 4th, upon completion of the job, we received an email from the customer that stated, “The gable vents look good.” Thus, the customer by all appearances was satisfied with the appearance of the gable vents as well as their functionality. As the customer stated in his review, he was home during the time that we completed the work. Since this was the case, any dissatisfaction could have been addressed at that time, in the email he sent (rather than stating that they looked good) or at any time afterwards. Instead, we are reading about it for the first time in this review. It should also be noted that In his review, the customer mentions the potential ordering of custom gable vents. This would have resulted in an additional materials charge—something that would have increased the total bill, but not impacted the quoted charge for labor. Brandon actually found a work-around that saved the customer money, and that was acceptable up until the time that the customer received his bill. The customer states that the email he received in response to his questioning of our bill was “anything but friendly.” We respectfully disagree. The email that the customer sent in response to our invoice was (in its entirety and unedited—with only names removed): “I know this was the quoted price but Brandon was at my home for less than an hour. I think it was actually closer to 30 min. Is labor really $1000 an hour? If so I will make sure everybody on Angie's list etc know to expect this rate.” Upon careful consideration and reflection, we chose to hold firm to the agreed-upon amount and respond professionally with a detailed description of the time that was spent, and a reiteration of what the customer himself stated, which was that we had been hired to do the job at the rate quoted and charged him exactly that amount. We are happy to provide de-identified email threads documenting each of these statements (including our response to the customer). All-Handy-Services strives to exceed the expectations of our customers. We hope that our response provides some context for Angie’s List members who may be considering working with us in the future. Thank you for your time and interest in All-Handy-Services!

10/04/2013

Marilyn M.

We have never worked with any company that was so personal, and yet very, very professional. We heartily recommend Brandon's services. If he did not feel comfortable taking on a particular aspect of the project he clearly let us know that. I only wish we had access to someone like this in our Wisconsin area!

Description of Work
Our basement was damaged by flooding in the spring, approximately the same time a pipe feeding an upstairs powder room failed causing the basement ceiling to collapse. Brandon gave us an estimate of services and as soon as his previous job was complete started right in on our project. From the very beginning both he and his wife provided us with professional, thorough updates. This was very important because we are out of town and needed to trust him to do the job right. He tore out damaged material, put in new dry wall, replaced a water heater, replaced a sump pump and installed a battery back up pump, painted the basement walls and floor, and replaced some insulation.

Category drywall, handyman service, lawn service, interior painters, basement remodeling

09/10/2013

Ray K.

after doing the estimate, waited a week to determine they were not capable of doing the work.

Description of Work
estimate on Hot Tub install

Category handyman service

All Handy Services LLC did not perform the above services for [Member Name Removed]. We ask that until this review is assigned to correct business, Angie's List members disregard it and refer to our other reviews for information about the quality of service provision provided by All Handy Services. Thank you.

07/17/2013

Laura S.

Brandon did a fine job. I'm very pleased!

Description of Work
Extensive repairs on water damage--replaced rotten fascia, siding, damaged drywall, treated for mold.

Category drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, siding

05/28/2013

Lawrence F.

I contacted Brandon about the job - afraid it might be too little a job for a professional. He assured me it was not. He even came on short-notice on a day I happen to be home from work dealing with another matter. The job was done quickly and professionally. Cannot recommend him highly enough. It is great to have someone you can truly trust to do a job you can't do yourself.

Description of Work
A piece of siding had fallen from the chimney. It required a trip onto our roof.

05/02/2013

Paul H.

The service provided was what was asked for and expected

Description of Work
Brandon came to the house to troubleshoot a ceiling fan and wall control that was having problems. I am a handy guy but could not figure out what the problem was becase part of the fan was working. It was a small job, but he had no problem trouble shooting it for me. He arrived on time and went right to work. He could not figure out the issue even after many attenpts to isolate the issue. He was thorough with his diagnosis process but unfortunaltely he could not see anything wrong with the unit or wiring and suggested calling an electrician or replacing the fan. His policy is that if he can't fix the problem there is no charge for the service. I found this to be a great customer care philosophy and will lead us to call on Brandon again in the future for renovation assistance with a new house we are getting into. I would highly recommend All Handy Services.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

11/27/2012

Jason Tennenhouse J.

He was flexible, helpful, trustworthy and did a great job! He made good choices that were helpful to me and saved me money. He also did a great job cleaning up everything and getting us all set up.

Description of Work
Brandon replaced an attic fan for me.

Category ceiling fans