Grounds Scapes Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 2011

4.3

Service provider example - 8-12 employees. No subs. 26 years in business. Ground scapes strives to not only meet, but to excel in all your outdoor landscaping, irrigation, lighting and hardscape projects. We have been offering services to the triad and triangle areas since 1986. Additional fax -(336) 270-5004. Additional phone number - (336) 214-2121....

Cruz Hardscape & Masonry

Locally owned and operated family Hardscaping company servicing the Winston Salem area since 2012. We specialize in new stone hardscape installations. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality and commitment to 100% customer satisfaction on every job. Call Martin for a free estimate. We look forward to hearing from you to beautify your landscape.

Offers by Cruz Hardscape & Masonry  on Angi
Parker's Pressure Washing

We are a professional pressure washing company that specializes in both residential and commercial cleaning. We are licensed and insured and have exceptional ratings with both the BBB and Angie's list. We wash windows, roofs, decks, fences, concrete, houses, commercial buildings, and gutters. We make it our goal to exceed your expectations.

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Tar Heel Basement Systems on Angi

11/04/2019

Never even got a call-back. This is surprisingly common among irrigation companies.

Description of Work
Installation of residential irrigation system

07/12/2014

Never returned my call so it was there loss.

Description of Work
They never returned my call regarding irrigation installation, erosion control in my backyard, and planting. There loss because in the past 9 months we have spent $7K on rebuilding our deck, $3.8K on a retaining wall in our backyard, $4.5K on an irrigation system, and hired one of those landscapers for year round maintenance.

04/10/2014

While we didn't move forward with using Jim, I appreciate the fact that he was honest and up front with us and told us in advance that we didn't have enough water to run an irrigation system in our yard. Honesty is a big deal for us and we're happy that he was up front with us and didn't just try and sell us something that would ultimately caused problems for us. I cannot attest to his rates or anything else for that matter because we didn't go forward with the install but his honesty was greatly appreciated!

Description of Work
Provided consultation on an irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems

03/14/2014

Turned my sprinkler on and then sent me a bit for checking the brand new system for pressure. When I told him I didn't authorize and I was only paying for turn on they finally took it off bill. But I had to work at it. I felt like I was getting conned. It was a new system.

Description of Work
Turn on sprinklers

Category decks,landscaping

02/11/2013

Jim has resurrected my front and back lawns. His knowledge/analysis of soil , proper irrigation, etc. are excellent. Jim is willing to recommend products for my bushes that I can purchase and apply myself where others might only offer info as a paid service. He promptly returns calls and his assistants are courteous, well trained, and clean up the work area very well. They wear company shirts, clearly identifying who is on my property. Jim's attention to what is aesthetically pleasing is a great help in making my home a 'stand-out'. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
This company provides lawn/landscaping services. I've worked with them for the past three years.

Category landscaping,lawn service

02/05/2013

They’re excellent! We’ve been very pleased with them and they’ve been great to work with.

Description of Work
They designed and installed an underground sprinkler system. The other day, we had a problem with a frozen underground sprinkler, and they showed up within 20 minutes to take care of the problem.

Category irrigation systems

02/05/2013

The service has been quite well. We’ve used them for 16-17 years, and we’ve been pleased with the work they’ve done.

Description of Work
They installed a sprinkler system that has worked out well. They also provide maintenance twice a year, in the spring and fall.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems

12/28/2012

Take the worry off your back. We have received many complements from people in our communities.

Description of Work
Excellent work, Professional, On time. Maintains all our subdivisions. Have use for many years. Some we tried were more expensive and some were less expensive but none can compare with Mr. Humphrey's services. Mows, removal of leaves. Plants entrances. Keeps all irrigation systems maintained. Maintains Fish pond. Does all fertilization and weed treatment. Treats shrubs and trees. Prunes shrubs and trees. Builds retaining walls, patios and exterior fireplaces. Removes snow in parking areas uses pre-treatment. We do not have to worry with calls. It is rare that anything is over looked. I cannot say enough about how excellent his services are. Mr. Humphrey landscaped and built our personal pond and maintains all our personal property also.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,leaf removal,tree service,snow removal,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

07/05/2012

We retained Grounds Scapes to do work to improve our lawn which had brown patches and weeds. The company owner convinced us that we needed to dig up and "turn over" the entire back yard (using a "Rotodairon" machine) and re-seed. We wrote him a very large check up front, he spent a day doing the work, and then basically left the scene. The yard is now very uneven, full of weeds and much worse than before we began. He tried to say we were partially responsible because we didn't water properly - in fact, we watered exactly as he specified (he's the expert - right?). He has taken very little ownership, responsiveness has been poor and he's been very rude and dismissive on the phone. I frankly don't know how he stays in business. Two other lawn experts have since been out to look at the situation and both could not understand why he would have performed the work he did; said it would have only required basic aeration in certain spots. Overall, I have to conclude that his primary objective was to take our money. Then he had the gall to tell us he would need a monthly fee to fertilize and maintain the lawn if we wanted ti to look right. I basically feel robbed and he has refused to refund any of our money to date. I am considering taking him to small claims court. Probably the most unprofessional, dissatisfying experience with any contractor that I can recall.

Description of Work
"Renovated" and seeded lawn.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment

I would like to first say that we have been in business for twenty serren years and service 1200 customers annually. Usually a complaint or problem is caused by a lack of communication between contractor and customer. This holds true between the members and Grounds Scapes. We were contacted to renovate the member's rear lawn.(which was in poor shape,ground stumps etc.) Before doing so we performed a sprinkler audit on their sprinkler system and advised some head relocating. Only one head was allowed to be moved. Member said "she would water the dry areas by hand." Hydro seeding breaks the protective coating on the seed and makes it germinate almost immediately. If not watered properly the seed will die. Member's wife was given a shict care schedule to follow : l. Water immediate after we hydro seed the disturbed areas. 2.Water three times per day daily for a short period just enough to wet the top 1" of soil for three weeks 3. Water once a day daily after three weeks for two weeks 4. Maintain a 4" grass height and cut no more than l/3 grass height at each mowing 5. Water twice a week through the Summer running as long as needed to maintain growth and color After hydro seeding, two days later, the grass had not been watered and member contacted me. He was having difficulties starting the sprinkler system. I helped him get the system running over the phone. I visited the property weekly throughout the process. The areas not covered by the sprinkler remained dry and the seed was slow to come in. On the third week we stopped by and re-hydro seeded the upper area near the garage that was not being watered correctly. On the fourth week the grass was a foot tall and we contacted member's wife to mow grass and cut back the watering. Their maintenance man contacted me a week later,and "stated that the lawn was so wet they couldn't mow. " The members had not cut the sprinklers back and the ground was swampy. Two weeks later the grass was dry and member called with concerns about the grass stand diminishing. I told him "due to the hot weather approaching we would aerate and seed these areas free of charge in the Fall." He said "this was ok." Two days later, I received a call from member. He said" He was cancelling all services with Grounds Scapes and getting another company." We all know that one can sow a seed or plant a plant. But, it takes watering and nurturing to have the plant grow and mature. We prepared the seed bed properly, hydro seeded, fertilized,limed,mulched and tacked the seed. It just lacked the proper attention of our schedule. The members did not allow us to perforrn the Fall seeding as promised. Grounds Scapes operates on the motto" perform services and treat customers as you would like them done unto you". That being said, I had three other companies come by and look at the member's lawn . They gave quotes for Fall aeration ,seeding and one application for weed control. The most expensive quote was for $500.00. Therefore Grounds Scapes has sent payment to the members in the amount of $500.00 for this Fall service. The lesson to leam from all of this; is to communicate with your contractor and follow the directions they give for care! Thanks so much Jim Humphrey

12/12/2011

The lawn mowing/trimming was done very well but I did not feel that the pruning was done as frequently as I would have expected. Also, I felt the condition of my lawn deteriorated--more Bermuda grass and weeds. The crew was very friendly and if I was home to talk to them would do whatever I asked. They would also do 'add on' services such as planting annuals whenever I asked. So, I have given them a mixed rating. The owner is very responsive--returning calls promptly. I have used Ground Scapes for landscaping and feel they do a great job with that. I would recommend them to anyone for that type of service but not necessarily for an annual lawn maintenance program.

Description of Work
Annual lawn & garden maintenance program--mowing, fertilizing, and pruning. (price listed is the monthly rate)

Category lawn service

Residential & commercial landscape design & installation, lighting, construction, brick pavers & flagstone, patios & walks, block, natural stone & wood retaining walls, natural ponds & waterfall features, lawn sprinkler systems, installation, repair & design.

We do not offer services inside the home.