VACUUM CLEANER HOSPITAL/CENTRAL VACUUM EXPERTS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2007

300 S ELLIOTT RD STE A

Chapel Hill, NC 27514

For over 31 years Vacuum Cleaner Hospital (VCH) has served floor care needs in Chapel Hill, Cary, Raleigh, Durham. Our full service vacuum store sells and services all major vacuum brands. As the name implies we offer the best vacuum repair for your vacuum cleaner. It doesn't matter what brand or where you bought it - we can service it. If you're in need of a new vacuum our knowledgeable staff can help find the perfect vacuum to fit YOUR needs. Central Vacuum Experts is our Central Vacuum (whole house) division and we're the Premier installation company in the greater Triangle area. Besides new construction, we are one of the only companies that installs in EXISTING homes. We also service any brand of central vacuum!...

12/28/2019

Ben C.

When our home was built, the builders "roughed in" a central vac system by installing the outlets and vertical pipes down to the crawl space. We wanted to have our system finished, to include horizontal connecting piping in the crawl space and extending into the garage. We already had a separate circuit for the vacuum and low voltage wires run to each outlet. Jason was able to provide a quote after exchanging emails and speaking over the phone for the system completion. We decided to go with a different vacuum, but Jason worked with us and was open to completing the install (without supplying the vacuum). Jeremy was prompt and professional, and completed the install in just a few hours. All piping was supplied, as well as the outlet covers/receivers, and Jeremy mounted the vacuum and connected all piping. Before he left, he tested out the system with me and gave me a few pointers on how to use it. We have been using the system for over a month now, and could not be more happy with it! We have had no issues with the install, and everything works great. Thank you Jason and Jeremy, and the Central Vac Experts team, we highly recommend!

Description of Work
Finish Central Vac Rough In

Category vacuum cleaners

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your nice and detailed review. Our goal is always to supply high quality quality work and products. Our installers take a lot of pride in their work and are very knowledgeable about all brands since we service many makes and models. We appreciate you contacting us and please spread the word with your friends and neighbors. Although your home already was roughed-in with central vacuum piping, one of our specialties is retrofit systems - installing in an existing home. Thanks again and glad you're enjoying your new central vacuum system! Tom Proctor Owner

11/12/2018

Alison H.

The person that performed the service was awesome. He was knowledgeable, persistent, and professional. He discovered a huge clog and fixed it. We didn’t even know we had it!

Description of Work
My central vac needed regular maintenance. It had been 4 years.

Category central vacuum cleaners

08/28/2018

Susan W.

They were prompt at responding to emails. They answered all of our questions and provided several options. One of the options was to purchase a new system, but they didn't push that, and they ended up fixing our existing system. We dropped our vacuum off at their store, but they delivered it back to our house. I wish more businesses provided service like this.

Description of Work
Our central vacuum cleaner kept cutting out and needed to be repaired.

08/23/2018

Tisha P.

Jeremy with Central Vacuum Experts came over to repair my central vacuum system. He did a wonderful job. He's very knowledgable and professional. I now know how all the equipment works and how to use it properly on my rugs and carpets. I would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Central vacuum repair

Category vacuum cleaners

[Member Name Removed] - so glad everything worked out and you were able to get a new power unit to replace your old one. We appreciate the great review! Look forward to assisting you in the future when the need arises. Sincerely, Tom Proctor Owner

06/08/2018

Mary F.

Jeremy arrived promptly, reviewed the system and explained it to us. He brought the new hose and bags with him as well as some other accessories so that I could examine them. He explained what he was doing and found a broken outlet which he quickly replaced for a small replacement cost.

Description of Work
general maintenance, new hose and bags

05/21/2018

Veronica G.

Could not have gone better. Our 16-year-old system was not working. Central Vacuum Experts explained the problem, offered various solutions, and was able to replace the system (at a great price) and have it working beautifully -- all within an hour. They are -- without a doubt-- the most professional and helpful and knowledgeable folks I've ever worked with on central vac's. I almost wanted to give up on our system completely. But I will now enjoy it again, knowing that I have a great company to call on when I need help. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Our Central Vacuum system was not working. Was put in touch with Central Vacuum Experts -- and was so happy I was!

Category vacuum cleaners

[Member Name Removed], So glad to hear everything worked out for you and thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! Our staff tries to make sure we take care of all the issues that might exist and strive to make each customer happy. Thanks again and let us know if we can be of service in the future! Tom Proctor Owner

04/01/2018

Frank R.

Great! Jeremy was knowledgable and experienced and helped me make an informed decision based on our circumstances. I was very pleased with the experience and the outcome!

Description of Work
Central vacuum unit wasn't working

Category central vacuum cleaners

09/25/2017

Stanley M.

Installers were very professional and efficient. Worked with us to decide where to install outlets. Showed up when they said they would. We are very pleased with the installation and the vacuum itself.

Description of Work
Central vacuum installed.

05/15/2017

john G.

The service rep unclogged the lines and cleaned them.

Description of Work
My central vacuum cleaner was not vacuuming properly.

05/03/2017

Jeffrey S.

Took it in and they popped it on while i waited. They installed a new generic gray bag of very good quality. I suppose I could have paid more for a red name-brand bag, but I didn't see the point. I was very happy to get the bag replaced within 10 minutes of arriving at the shop, then heading home to use it. I considered giving them a B on pricing simply because it's a retail store, a Mom 'n' Pop operation, and you can't expect on-line prices from such operations. However, what you consider the fact that I got a new replacement bag installed by them within 10 minutes of arrival, the price was definitely an A. I didn't have to wait for the thing to be shipped to me, then fret about making sure I installed it correctly. I could simply take it home and use it. That is worth the small premium paid for getting a replacement on-line.

Description of Work
my 16 year-old Sanitaire upright needed a new bag.

04/11/2017

Carol W.

It turned out great. I would recommend them. They required like a $40.00 deposit.

Description of Work
I had them repair two vacuum cleaners. One of them needed a new cord. The other one needed a specific type of handle and it cost more, around $120.00. I just think, they are very honest.

03/20/2017

Marjorie F.

The gentleman who assisted us (the assistant manager) was very pleasant and knowledgeable. We opted not to spend the money to try to service the inexpensive vacuum that we brought in, and the sales person did not try to sell us anything. We started looking at the (higher end) vacuum cleaners offered here, and when I asked to see something lightweight, the sales person showed us Riccar, a brand I had never heard of. When I learned that they made a cordless option, I was sold. Not having to fight with a long cord will really minimize the stress on my back. I had not intended on spending $400 for a vacuum cleaner, but I felt that the ease of use was worth it.

Description of Work
I initially went to the Vacuum Cleaner Hospital because I was hoping that my broken vacuum cleaner could be repaired.

02/19/2017

Francisco E C.

Extremely pleased with the service provided by CVE. I contacted my warranty company to report the issue and I was quickly contacted by CVE's service manager to make an app. Jeremy, the technician assigned to my repair called me to let me know he was running early (how refreshing is that). After he inspected the system he knew right away that one of my motors had stopped working. He did not have the part in his truck but it was quickly delivered by another technician. He completed the repair and also unclogged the system. He checked the suction pressure was correct in multiple outlets. He was very professional and the entire app. took less than an hour. Highly recommend to everyone.

Description of Work
Residential central vacuum repair

01/30/2017

Barrie T.

They were very helpful. Repaired the vacuum several times until it became clear that it was no longer cost effective to do so.

Description of Work
Vacuum cleaner needed repair

12/12/2016

Alexandra W.

They were cordial, informative, showed us how the various attachments work. A pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Purchased a new vacuum.

10/16/2016

Joseph B.

very pleased with their knowledge of the product

Description of Work
bought a new vacuum cleaner

09/27/2016

Holly L.

Jodi, Dave and Tom are all wonderful. I have been a client for many years now and would recommend them to anyone in need of a vacuum.

Description of Work
Jodi fixed my Meile Vacuum cleaner (the tech Dave, who is also great, was off that day) while I was cleaning a clients home so I could go back and get it in 2 hours. Since I clean homes for a living this was a blessing,

09/08/2016

Rick B.

Justin and Jeremy came out to our house on the date scheduled and installed the new central vacuum unit. They were excellent in the care and quality of the installation, taking time to thoroughly check all components of our system. They thoroughly demonstrated the features and design of the new tools. I received a call later from the stores General Manage Jody Witt asking if everything was satisfactory and processed the billing, even finding an error and refunded the difference. Tom Proctor and his entire staff our true professionals in the vacuum cleaner business!

Description of Work
Our old central vacuum cleaner stopped working so we called Vacuum Cleaner Hospital in Chapel Hill to diagnose the problem. The technician reported that the circuit board was shorted and a replacement board was no longer in production after 16 years. The technician and the owner Tom Proctor suggested we use what system tools that we had that are still in excellent condition and replace the vacuum canister with a new unit. They measured the square footage of our house and considered the type of floors to be cleaned and made a few product suggestions. Upon which we made our selection based on power and noise level along with design and warranty. We decided on a Cyclo Vac GS135. A very powerful unit that fits in a small space, with the ease of bag changing.

Category small appliance repair,vacuum cleaners,central vacuum cleaners

02/19/2016

Siva R.

Justin & John are very knowledgable. They were patient in answering all our questions. We learned a lot while these guys were servicing the vacuum system

Description of Work
Inspect the Central Vacuum and service the system

02/02/2016

Susan M.

I have a second home in Chapel Hill and I read yelp reviews for this business and brought my Rainbow Vacuum in for repair. A young man took my vacuum, asked me what the problem was, I stated "it smells like the motor is burning," he held the vacuum up to an opening to the back repair area, asked a technician about the vacuum, the technician stated needs a new motor $500. Well, I was blown away! They never even plugged it in to determine if I was correct. I said how do you even know if it is the motor without plugging it in first? They then tried to scramble by trying to find an outlet, but the outlets near the counter were not working. I said just give my vacuum. Then I heard the technician mumble I can take her $39.95 just to tell her the same thing! As I took my vacuum, a woman came out she was pleasant and tried to explain that the technician knows his business and my vacuum does not have any belts, so the smell must be from the motor, besides you vacuum must be at least 20 years old. I left disillusioned. I am not a vacuum specialist, but I would have at least thought you might want to smell what I was smelling before making any conclusions. Long story short, I took the vacuum home, gave it a real good cleaning, and the smell is gone. So would I recommend this business, NO, which is sad, since I strongly believe in supporting small local businesses.

Description of Work
Wanted my Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner checked

Category vacuum cleaners

To Ms. [Member Name Removed]: As I hope you’re aware, I responded to your Yelp review. For the sake of the Angie’s List readers, I am reprinting it below. I apologize for your unsatisfactory store visit. We definitely could have handled it better. The person that helped you is a new part-time employee and is typically working outside the store on central vacuum installations. He was helping at the counter that day and we hadn’t trained him properly on taking in repairs. We normally would plug in a vacuum if the customer tells us it’s a bad motor but didn’t in this instance but the motor replacement cost we quoted you is an accurate estimate. We should have taken it in to be sure it was in fact the motor. We do pride ourselves on excellent customer service as other reviewers have written. I did review our repair intake procedure with my staff so that this type of incident doesn’t happen again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we hope to have a second chance with you in the future. Supporting small business is important indeed! Sincerely, Tom Proctor Owner

07/18/2015

Jean W.

The technician worked efficiently and competently. He explained exactly what he was going to do. I have been a customer of Vacuum Cleaner Hospital since 2002, when the central vacuum was installed in our home. I have also purchased other products and appliances there. The company has always provided service of the highest quality.

Description of Work
Provided routine maintenance for the central vacuum system in our home: checked to be sure it is working properly, cleaned the components, and answered my questions.

07/12/2015

Margaret G.

This business is experienced with a variety of vacuums and provides excellent and friendly service. They were able to diagnose and fix a suction problem with our vacuum. It needed a replacement part. They completed the service for a reasonable price and within a reasonable time frame, as promised. Our vacuum is as good as new. We will always go there if we have further problems with our current or future vacuums. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
They repaired our vacuum.

06/06/2015

CS H.

not a complex situation, handled well.

Description of Work
ordered special part

06/03/2015

Jennifer E.

They are soooooo nice and honest and helpful. Everything was perfect, as always. Absolutely worth going to them.

Description of Work
replaced motors, and I don't know what else, in the vacuum attachment to my central vac system.

05/08/2015

Rosa L B.

Very punctual and professional. Very happy with job done

Description of Work
Installation of 3 sweep pans

County Line Services

I have been in the trade’s business for 13 years. I have did Hvac, plumbing and electrical. I’m here to serve the customer and do the job for the right price. It’s not about always putting new -- if it can be repaired and work properly, than I will fix it. My company is based off what’s best for customer no matter what.

Mr. Handyman of Chapel Hill & West Durham

Busy schedules make both major and minor home repairs hard to get to and your growing "To Do" list looks overwhelming and unmanageable. One call to Mr. Handyman solves all your home repair headaches. Our technicians will arrive in our Mr. Handyman vans wearing Mr. Handyman logoed shirts. Each technician has many years of experience in the construction and building repair business and is ready to assist you with your "to do" list. Call our office, 919-967-0120, to schedule your appointment. Mr. Handyman is your one-stop shop for a wide range of home maintenance and repair solutions. Mr. Handyman service technicians are highly skilled craftsmen, so you know they will get the job done right the first time. Our uniformed, fully insured technicians arrive on time in a marked van and clean up when they've finished the job. Our Vision is to be the first-choice provider of maintenance, repair, and improvement solutions for home and business .

Bautista Bros Builders Inc

3-4 employees, no subs, free estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. No emergency service.

Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, PayPal

New vacuum sales, repair of most all vacuum brands, central vacuum installation and repair of any brands. Commercial & residential central vacuum installation. Exclusive regional dealer for Cyclo Vac central vacuum systems. Warranty work on Dyson, Miele and Electrolux (Eureka) vacuum cleaners. Sales and service of air purifiers - Preferred IQAir Dealer. Carpet cleaner machine rental.

Carpet cleaning (in your home)