Step By Step Remodel

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2012

3.6

Full Service Remodeling Business for Residential and Commerical work....

Precise Drywall & Sheetrock

AMC Concrete

AMC Concrete specializes in pouring concrete, making stamped, and decorative works in your sidewalks, driveways, porches, and especially patios. AMC has been in this line of work for one and half decades. We are an owner-operated business.

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

03/07/2016

Leisa B.

That was a horrible experience and part of the reason I never read a review because I didn't want to be as truly honest as I needed to be.

Description of Work
Replacement of wood on deck and fence.

Category handyman service

01/23/2016

Gena J.

They did a good job on the concrete and I paid extra for two coats of ceiling and they only did one coat. They said they did the next coat but they never did. I put something on the sidewalk and it was never moved. They didn’t complete the service so I would not use them again. I would tell some to monitor their steps when using them.

Description of Work
They did the sidewalks.

Category concrete repair

09/30/2015

James C.

The only thing that I don't like about it and I don't know if it's the kind of concrete they used or what they did, but it always gives up dust. I was just sweeping in there today because we put it in our crawlspace. When I get some mud or something, I have to sweep it out and when I do, it continues to sweep off cement dust. It's not like in my garage where I have cement and we didn't seal our garage. I thought maybe it was just because it was new that it kept doing that, but it is continuing to do that. I think we have to seal it. I didn't seal my driveway and garage. I don't if it was how they finished or the kind of cement they used. It's not out in any weather, but it continues to be dusty. Generally, it was a good experience. I don't know what to compare it to with regards to price. They came out soon right after we called them. I think they are pretty good with regards to their professionalism. It was level. It was fine. It was just that the dust thing is annoying.

Description of Work
They did a 10 x 10 concrete patio but it's under the house so it's covered.

Category concrete repair,patios

01/13/2015

Ronald M W.

I really wasn’t pleased. Every time I look at the work, I am irritated. I blame myself for not shopping harder and for trusting Angie's List. He was a nice guy trying to support his family. But the skills were not there. He was cool and always very courteous. The end result was not pretty. I am just frustrated with it. I would not recommend him. I paid additional for doing additional work. He was friendly and cordial. The price was reasonable if it was a great job. He has to reschedule a number of times. He was professional.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for Step By Step Remodel. He worked on our driveway.

Category concrete driveways

08/22/2014

Paola V.

The work was not approved by my home owners association, so I was unable to do the work. The people we talked to were nice.

08/22/2014

Stacey W.

Fredy and his team were great. We gave him a few challenges with ever-creeping project scope, but he handled everything with grace, often giving us terrific deals on the additional work. The cost above was our final total, all said and done. Our house looks terrific, and we expect it will sell quickly due to Step by Step's expert efforts.

Description of Work
We were preparing our house for sale, and had a laundry list of items from a pre-listing inspection to go through, so I purchased a week of general contractor work from Angie's List for Step By Step.

Category remodeling

Thank you for the opportunity! We are a small family owned business and we do our best to be sure that we keep our customers for life. I am thankful for your business! It was a pleasure working with you!

08/18/2014

Thomas C.

While they were here when they indicated they would be for the most part, they quoted on something they would not deliver. They would not honor the $1,200 value. It felt like a rip-off. I have had the Big Deal refunded.

Description of Work
We purchased the Big Deal for stonework for an outdoor patio.

Category patios

Sometimes there is some confusion when it comes to our specials and how they work. We are sorry that you were not happy with the outcome as we try to do our best to keep our customers for life. However unfortunately there are those times when we cannot complete a project within the budget that is set by our customers. We can understand how this is frustrating as you envisioned a completed project and how you would enjoy it. We did our best to offer a fair and very competitive price for the work you wanted to complete. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet and discuss. We do value your input and thoughts.

08/02/2014

Lesa B.

It took a while for us to set up an appointment due to my work schedule. We got a date for 8:30 am on a Saturday morning. I called the vendor at 9:30 to see where they were. He said there was and emergency and he could come around in an hour. He then called back and said he could not come until early next week. I told him this was not acceptable and he hung up. I call "Emily" who was so nice and left her a message and she did not return my call. I spent $1,500.00 on this deal and the situation to date has not been resolved.

Description of Work
Did not come out at all.

Category remodeling

Hope to find a resolution for you. As we want all our customers to be happy and have a fantastic job in the end! We will keep working towards a resolution as your schedule allows.

07/16/2014

Shannon A.

I purchased the Big Deal but never heard from the provider within the time listed in the terms. My experience has been that not hearing from a service provider up front foreshadows further communication problems, so I've opted to go with a more responsive company. I know that this is a busy time for contractors, but a quick email or call, even just to say that they will get back to you, is reasonable to expect.

07/13/2014

Robert M.

Made appointment for Saturday 7/5/14 at 2PM. Company did not show up and did not notify me they were not coming. Company phoned Monday and made appointment for Tuesday at 2PM which was kept. Measured for job which was larger than Angie's deal as expected. Quoted cement job, then added unexpected cost for "material delivery" not mentioned by Angie. Company listed things that would be done without extra cost that would otherwise be additional. I became uncomfortable with how often "additional costs" were mentioned. I felt rushed to commit and sign by both the company and by Angie. I did not feel that I was given enough time to evaluate the job by either party. I felt very uncomfortable.

Category remodeling

From top to bottom and inside out, we offer full service remodeling & repair work.

HVAC/ heating and cooling