Better Life Maids

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2009

7243 Devonshire Ave 200

Saint Louis, MO 63119

Welcome home to BETTER LIFE MAIDS (formerly Go Green Clean). We are a professional green house cleaning company dedicated to making the lives of our clients safer, greener and of course, cleaner. Having a green maid service is about having the upmost professional people in your home, people you can trust and count on. It's about coming home with peace of mind knowing that only natural products were used, making your home safe for your family, your pets and the planet. It's about saving time so you can do the thing that you most want to be doing. It's about the big details and the not so big details. BETTER LIFE MAIDS is a service you can count on every time. It is our singular goal and promise to make Your Life Better. Additional email - matt@gogreen-clean.com....

08/04/2016

Carol S.

I have been hiring Better Life Maids for over 1 year. The have been consistent problems. 1. Inconsistent arrival time. I never know when they will be arriving, and have had to reschedule several times, because the team was so late. I have 3 dogs, and getting them crated etc,, and being here for several hours and then having to reschedule has been an inconvenience. 2. Different team members. I requested that the same team clean my house. The St Louis manager said, ok Then would send new people anyway. I understand that some team members get promoted, but the general level of professionalism,is so variable with this company. 3. Breakage - a team member ( a new member who had never been here to clean before ) dropped a piece of my grandmother's cut glass. She has to have been very careless because it was a heavy piece. I was reimbursed. 4. Vacuum cleaner broke 1/2 way through the cleaning. Team member offered to come back another day, but it's so difficult to schedule, and I work during the day. I think Better Life Maids needs to look at how fast they are growing, as they are no consistently professional.

Description of Work
Bi monthly house cleaning for my house

07/21/2016

Catherine H.

Awful. I used this service because I could not get another green clean company to respond. Each visit, something would be missed - the piano bench would be half-wiped, the shoes would be up on the couch!, cleaning products and rags left behind. While they offer a "get it right" service, I didn't have the time or energy to call every time.

Description of Work
Regular, bi-weekly apartment cleaning.

08/03/2015

Sarah M.

Better Life Maids was my first experience with a professional residential cleaning team. I compared multiple local companies via Angie's List and Yelp and am very confident in my choice. Working from home I was becoming extremely overwhelmed from attempting to focus on work while keeping the apartment kept up and my partner works a full time physically demanding job. I was concerned about cost since we are not in a financial position to spend a great deal on what some would call luxuries but decided to take responsibility for my work life and our home life and did not regret it in the least. The prices were the most reasonable I could find in the city (St Louis - S City) and I received a $25 discount for being an Angie's List Member. The follow up rates were lower than the initial visit and were transparent via communication. Heather at the main office was professional and sweet. Phone and email communication has been excellent. The staff of 3 were punctual with an advance call prior to arrival. Olivia, Donisha, and Neasia were polite, professional, and best of all charismatic and friendly. They addressed any minor issue I requested adjusted. I was actually nervous and had feelings of guilt to pay someone to clean for us but they remarkably made me feel at ease in my own home. I was so relieved after seeing the results that I was teary after their leaving and in awe of the mental relief that everything was done all at once and didn't need to be attended to (or more often, not attended to) daily. This service is, at least in our particular current place in work and home life, worth rearranging our budget to recoup the time and happiness to focus on our goals.

Description of Work
Apartment Deep Clean with follow up services scheduled.

Category house cleaning

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. I can't wait to share this with your team. We really appreciate that you took the time to review us on Angie's List. Thank you again.

06/29/2015

ELIZABETH G.

It was okay. They were in and out in a couple of hours. Their pricing was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Better Life Maids.

03/30/2015

Elizabeth A.

They come out every two weeks to clean my home. They are professional and their prices are reasonable. There are usually three people here doing the work and they do a good job.

Description of Work
They come out every two weeks to clean my home.

03/26/2015

Chris R.

I like that when you call there is always somebody that answers and they get somebody there right away. There's not like a wishy-washy type thing as far as getting somebody there. It's like they are there and you can count on them. I've used them before, so I know this. And then they e-mail you right away confirming everything, and then they give you a call. They e-mail you the day before just letting you know that they are available. And then they give you a time frame as to when they are coming. They are very punctual. They are clean. They do their job, they don't screw around. They are not playing on the phone or whatever. They're doing what they are supposed to be doing. Their pricing is competitive with others.

Description of Work
For housecleaning we did find a really good company that we like. It is Better Life Maids. They do a general cleaning.

06/23/2014

Francie F.

Note: I have continued using Better Life Maids. They had a slight rate increase from $99 to $103 ... still a great value in my opinion.

Description of Work
My first experience was with their Groupon for half price on four hours of deep cleaning. I'd never had anyone clean my house before and it felt very indulgent ... and they did a fantastic job. It was life altering. When they offered me a rate of $99 every four weeks to keep my house that clean, I quickly got over my feeling of guilt that it was something I should do myself ... and I haven't looked back. It's been about a year and I am very happy with the service. Initially I was a little uncomfortable about having strangers in my house when I wasn't there, but I got over that, too. The same team cleans my house each time and they have learned my preferences well. They're remarkably good at dusting everything and returning things to the same place. The blinds are clean, the floors are clean, the tops of the ceiling fans are clean, the bathroom, the kitchen ... everything is clean all the time. This is bliss. I've been told by colleagues that Better Life Maids is one of the costlier cleaning services in town, but I haven't done any comparisons. I am very happy with the people, the products they use and the results.

06/20/2014

Susan M.

After scheduling the clean, they sent a reminder email the day before with the estimated time of arrival. On the day, they called me before they arrived. letting me know they were on the way. The team dusted, cleaned, vacuumed and mopped my home, using green cloths. They were especially thorough with the bathrooms, with sparkly clean shower doors and mirrors. They also made the beds, straightened the towels, and left a thank you note with mints.

Description of Work
Cleaned my 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home of approximately 3000 square feet.

05/08/2014

Melinda L.

Easy booking, very prompt in returning calls. I love the use of email. They provided a thorough explanation of all the services included in the deep cleaning and let me use an Angie's List coupon even though I forgot to leave it for them. House was very clean, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. I have them set up to do a once a month cleaning. Very happy!

Description of Work
Did a deep cleaning on a 1,500 square foot home with three teenage girls (long hair), two dogs and two cats.

04/23/2014

JOEL H.

Arrived within time slot given. Nma did call to let me know 30 minutes before they arrived. Nma was polite and professional. I forgot to negotiate cleaning the inside of the oven over the phone but she called the home office and gave me a quote and it was performed the same day. The oven was such a mess but they took care of it like pros. At the end of the cleaning I was sent a summary email stating what was cleaned and what was not and it was VERY DETAILED. I requested a couple rooms not be cleaned and they respected that and didnt touch them. Ive never used a maid service before so I cannot compare but the price was reasonable and the staff was polite, on time, and my house looks and smells clean. I will use them again and am considering setting up a scheduled monthly cleaning with them.

Description of Work
Cleaned kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and living room.

10/21/2013

Stephanie G.

It went well overall. We had a scheduling snaffu, but once we worked through that, everything went well. The team was on time, looked professional and friendly. I gave them my "priority" list and they tackled it. I came home to a clean house and felt great about supporting a local company using green products. We have set up monthly sessions and I feel so great about it!

Description of Work
Cleaned our house.

Category house cleaning

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We look forward to working with you to keep your home looking great for years to come. Sincerely, Angela

10/07/2013

Nikki B.

Better Life Maids came to do a deep clean on our new home we were moving into. They were flexible with when we needed them to come, had a team of two, and finished the job in a reasonable amount of time. They provided a friendly, good service, and called to follow up to be sure we were satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Deep clean of new home (3 story townhouse).

09/30/2013

jane S.

they did a good job but I would like a refund of the extra money they charged. I paid 59.00 my dad paid close to 159.00 seems really like a rip off.

Description of Work
Had a coupon for service and had work done at my dads house. since he has memory problems he paid the bill of 159.00 after I had told them he I had prepaid with a 59.00 coupon from group on. I didn;t discover this until just recently as I found the bill.

Category house cleaning

Hi (removed member name), That was a long time back, looks like over 3 years ago and we don't have the records from our old system available. I am not sure if he wanted extra services, as your voucher was for 3 labor hours and $159 would indicate another 4 hours. If you have the invoice still that would help. If so and we double charged you we will work with you to get this settled for you. If you don't have the invoice I can offer you 50% off of a deep clean at your convenience. Perhaps you would like to call me today at (314) 288-0659 and I will be glad to assist you with this. Sincerely, Matt Ricketts

09/12/2013

Nicole H.

They did a very good job cleaning. Wish we could afford to have a regular cleaning more often. The house looked great when they left.

Description of Work
Clean our home

Category house cleaning

Thanks (removed member name), Taking the time to review us means a lot to us. Keep an eye out for specials on our Facebook page. We discount last minute openings by up to 50%, and have other great promotions like a chance to win a year of free cleaning. We hope we can be of service again soon. Sincerely, Angela Ricketts Vice President of Client Experience Better Life Maids (877) MAID-TIME mail@betterlifemaids.com @BLMAngela

09/11/2013

Kellee B.

I purchased a big deal from Angie's List. They did a perfectly fine job cleaning floors and everything. I had asked them not to dust, I had a number of knickknacks and that is not what I needed them to do. I was a little bit annoyed that they went ahead and dusted on top of an area and knocked some of the smaller ones down and broke them. They did not really tell me about it, I had to discover them sitting out. They did not through them away or tried to conceal them, but they also did not notify me that it had happened and like I said I had instructed them not to dust. I did not need that done, I just wanted floor and ceiling fans and the difficult unpleasant stuff. They were quiet, they got to it, they did the work and I did not have a problem with the quality of the work or their behavior while they were here. I just would have preferred that they actually listened, as I did not want to spend my money for them to be dusting as that was not just my priority. I would use them in the future, but I would be pretty very very vocal about my expectations.

Description of Work
Better Life Maids cleaned the floors and everything for me.

Category house cleaning

Hi [removed member name], Thanks for taking the time to fill out the review. I do sincerely apologize about the dusting. It's part of their normal routine, but I completely understand your perspective and wish we had executed that better. Since your cleaning (looks like it was a couple years back) we have implemented an electronic damage report that our teams complete when even the smallest item is broken. That way we can be proactive when things like this happen. I would gladly replace the item for you if you let me know the replacement cost. And again I am sorry that this was not executed to your needs. I would also love to offer you a 50% discount on a future cleaning if we can set that up in the next few months for you. Please call (314) 288-0659 and I will have someone take care of this for you. Sincerely, Angela Ricketts Vice President of Client Experience Better Life Maids mail@betterlifemaids.com

07/11/2013

Laxmi T.

Punctual but a different team of cleaners were sent both times that I used them. They seem in a rush to get done within a certain time. A few spots are missed. The bathrooms were cleaned very poorly and even when pointed out to them, the cleaners they said they could not do anything to make it better. I cleaned the bathroom myself after they left and it did not take much effort to get that dirt off. SO, I changed my cleaners and the new ones are doing a perfect job for a lower price in the same amount of time.

Description of Work
Monthly cleaning of 2-storey home

05/07/2013

Anne B.

The "Maids" were very pleasant and I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
General house cleaning.

05/06/2013

Amy H.

They did a great job cleaning. I have a lot of things sitting around and they were great about cleaning and putting things back. They did a stupendous job in the kitchen where my stove and counters were a mess. My hardwood floors and carpet looked so great you'd never guess I had a long haired dog. However, they were very (more than 2 hours) late. They didn't call to say they were running late and only showed up after I called and complained. While there they complained to my house-sitter that I was mean and had yelled at them; which was very unprofessional as well as untrue. I haven't decided if I'm going to give them another chance; but I'll be hesitant to ask someone to wait for them again.

Description of Work
I hired them through the Living Social voucher and had them clean the house focusing on the kitchen and bathroom. I have a pet so there is always fur to pick up and I work long hours so I don't get around to cleaning as often as I should. I'm pretty messy so there were stacks of things that they tidied up on the credenza and the dining room table. I didn't ask them to clean the bedrooms, because I wasn't ready to have strangers in my private rooms.

04/19/2013

John & Bridget F.

After using several other cleaning services, I found the Better Life maids to be the best. I prefer "green" cleaning, and Better Life only uses natural and "green" products. If I ever had to call them, there was always someone available to answer the phone. In the one instance when I had to leave a message, because I called after business hours, the owner himself called me back later that same evening. The cleaning was complete and the maids were always courteous. I did ask them to come back one time because the area around the fireplace had not been vacuumed and the light fixtures still showed dust. Without hesitation, they returned, at my convenience, and took care of everything. I really cannot complain about this company.

Description of Work
Entire house cleaning on a bi-weekly basis.

Category house cleaning

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for the review! We love working with you as well. It has been a pleasure. And I was glad I was able to get a hold of you after hours to help. Thank you so much for your ongoing business. We appreciate it very much! Sincerely, Matt Ricketts President Better Life Maids

12/26/2012

Clarice P.

Very positive experience, from start to finish.

Description of Work
The date is probably incorrect as it's been quite a while ago. But, they were excellent and did a very thorough job.

Category house cleaning

Hi Member, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We really appreciate it. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Sincerely, Angela Ricketts Vice President of Client Experience Better Life Maids

12/20/2012

Charles P.

They were very responsive and we got great value for what we paid. We intend to hire them on a regular basis.

Description of Work
We just had new hardwood floors installed and there was a substantial amount of dust around the house. They came in and did heavy dusting, vacuuming as well as cleaning bathrooms etc.

12/20/2012

ADRIENNE B.

We'd had a regular cleaning person through the end of October who was quite good. Unfortunately, she moved and changed her service area so we were looking for a new service provider. We used the coupon to try this company out. Although they did a decent job - it wasn't as detailed as our previous housecleaner.

Description of Work
Basic cleaning services for an approximately 1900 sf ranch home that had been cleaned regularly by a professional housecleaner.

Category house cleaning

Hi , Thanks for the report. Obviously we want each visit to be an A visit, and it sounds like we weren't quite there. You had a voucher for 4 hours of cleaning, perhaps a little more time and we could have better met your needs, or perhaps your old cleaner just really knew what you like best. Given time and the opportunity to build a long term relationship with you and your home, I am more than sure we could meet your needs. Please contact me at (314) 288-0659 and I can see what we can do to make this an A experience for you, and to help build you a cleaning program to best meet your needs. Sincerely, Angela Ricketts Vice President of Client Experience Better Life Maids (877) MAID-TIME mail@betterlifemaids.com

11/27/2012

Anne W.

A three-person crew spent 2 hours at my home. They were friendly and professional. My home needed some heavy-duty cleaning and the crew did a nice job getting it back into shape. I look forward to future visits.

Description of Work
1st time cleaning; price was after a coupon from Angie's List.

11/19/2012

Katie F.

With two boys (one baby and one 3-year-old) and 2 big, furry dogs, our house was a mess of dirt, mud, dust, dog fur, and whatever else the kids had brought in. We generally try to get our house cleaned twice a year, but rarely more often than that. I may have been a year since our last cleaning... Honestly, our house was looking pretty rough. We booked this cleaning around 4-6 weeks ahead of time because of the Thanksgiving holiday (this was the Friday before T-Day), but had to make a last minute change of time the day before our cleaning due to a death in the family. The managers were exceptional to work with. They were able to rearrange the schedule to meet our needs, even at the last minute. I was truly impressed by that, and that was even before the cleaning! On the day of cleaning, they called to let us know they would be there about 20 minutes before arrival. They were perfectly punctual, and once here they were upbeat and friendly. Our 3-year-old wanted them to know how hard he had worked to pick up his toys before they got there, and they let him know what a great job he did! They responded to my housecleaning needs (we don't generally have the upstairs bedrooms cleaning, just the first floor and the upstairs bathroom) with no problems, and did an amazing job on the house. This was probably the best clean I've had, after years of using different cleaning companies. I was truly impressed. Everyone we talked to was professional as well as personable, and they took their job seriously. I will definitely use them again!!

Description of Work
We had the first floor of our house cleaned (living room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, 2 bathrooms).

10/18/2012

Ellen M.

The company is very professional and responsive and well organized. I spoke to the owner the first day and he was very knowledgable about carefully and throughly cleaning. I worry about antiques and wood furniture. And he seemed to train his employees well on how to handle those items. Also, their cleaning supplies are natural and residue-free. They are more expensive then Marcella's cleaning service but I like that they didn't put everything back in the wrong place and that their products are natural. I also like that I can use my credit card and get points every week.

Description of Work
They cleaned the entire house.