We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

HearthMasters Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2005

1134 S Pearl St

Independence, MO 64050

Hearthmasters, Inc. dba Padgitt Chimney & Fireplace offers consulting services, Chimney and Fireplace Inspections, Chimney Sweeping, Dryer vent cleaning, Gas hearth appliance service, Masonry chimney repair and construction, and Fire Investigations. Gene Padgitt is a Licensed Master Mechanical Contractor, State Certified Fire Investigator, Certified Heater Mason, NFI Certified Gas Specialist, and has a degree in HVACR. Gene is a national award-winning masonry expert who trained our staff. See our website for more information. We do not repair manufactured fireplaces or chimneys or sell parts. ...

06/22/2021

Joe V.

They were professional and let us know they felt the work doesn't need to be done.

Description of Work
" Need a chimney removed. Walkout basement, so 3 story job. "

Category chimney repair

Thank you for posting this. We strive to be honest with our customers and don't try to sell them something they don't need.

10/30/2020

Audrey E.

Inspector was very professional, pulled woodstove out and inspected entire two story chimney. He showed us why the fire occurred and explained what work needed performed to prevent another fire. He reinstalled the woodstove and cleaned everything from the inspection.

Description of Work
Had chimney inspected after a chimney fire

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for the nice review - we really appreciate it!

10/29/2020

Lola C.

Could not be happier with HearthMasters. From the moment I called until work was completed, they were professional, reliable and answered any and all questions I had. There was an issue with my chimney cap after all the other work was done and it took three tries to finally get the problem resolved and not one time did they leave me hanging. They were determined to solve the issue at no extra charge to me, and they did just that. I went from a fireplace that was damaged and unsafe to use, to feeling confident I now have a safe, usable asset to my home that I regularly enjoy. It was a battle from the beginning with my insurance company and HearthMasters saw me through the entire process encouraging me not to give up because it was a cost that should be covered by insurance. When I felt like giving up, Marge kept me from doing so and I am so grateful for her help and encouragement. After a long battle, the insurance company finally did the right thing and covered the repair cost. Again, I could not have asked for a better experience from beginning to end and will only use HearthMasters for any future cleanings, repairs, etc.

Description of Work
New liners in both fireplaces

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Thank you so much for the nice review - we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

10/29/2020

Patty R.

Perfect! Fireplace insert was repaired and serviced perfectly!

Description of Work
Gas log fireplace repair

Category appliance repair, gas logs

Thank you for the review - I'm glad your insert is working great!

10/28/2020

Linda M.

Gene rebuilt the chimney with a gas insert in our 98 year old house about 15 years ago. It works great and has given us many years of enjoyment. Gene also does a good job with the maintenance.

Description of Work
Rebuilding chimney with gas insert and maintenance

Category appliance repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad your insert is working well!

10/28/2020

ROGER D.

Everything went well. Very happy with service.

Description of Work
chimney sweeped

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for the review - we really appreciate it!

10/27/2020

Dave S.

HearthMasters did a great job of repairing the damage to my limestone chimney, which was damaged when a large tree fell on it. They had to replace broken stones, the chimney crown and cap. They also sealed the entire chimney to ensure there will be no water leaks. The workers were courteous and communicated very well with me throughout the process.

Description of Work
Tree damage to limestone chimney repaired.

Category appliance repair, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the nice review.- we really appreciate it! It was a pleasure doing business with you.

10/26/2020

Eric S.

Wanted $90 just to bid on a project, Never heard of such a thing.

Description of Work
Estimate on remodel

Category masonry

I'm sorry you have never heard of this- most specialty service companies do charge for an estimate since there are so few of us and we are in big demand. We do credit the cost of the estimate towards any work that we do.

10/08/2020

Robert P.

Excellent quality of work. Workman were friendly and very professional. They did high quality work. They called each day to let me know when they would arrive and told me when they were leaving. Time and cost estimates were right on target.

Description of Work
Major tuckpointing on 2 chimneys and stone and brick tuckpointing at ground level

Category masonry, chimney repair

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

12/06/2019

Cari F.

Very well. Gene is a knowledgeable pro and did a great job with the work on our chimney. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

Category chimney sweep

11/12/2019

Paul B.

I was quoted a $289.00 service call fee. No explanation of what was included. but no parts. Seemed a bit much! Did not Use Paul

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace would not light.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

I'm sorry there must've been a misunderstanding. Our service call is $89.00 for our technician to come out. That does not include any parts. The $289.00 is a Gas DV Service charge and we usually recommend doing that if you are having issues. We remove the gas logs, clean the logs, clean the burner assembly, check and clean all components, run a test burn, visually check the cent and clean if necessary, clean the glass cover, change the batteries in the remore sensor and remote control, reset the logs and embers and test for CO leaks. This is all done by our senior technician. So maybe there was a bit of confusion. I truly apologize.

11/09/2019

Kurt P.

Very Good. I highly recommend this company for their service, their communication was great along with a friendly crew and staff.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned from Racoon and then repair of cracked mason blocks

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Thank you so much and we are glad you are happy with our services. It was a pleasure working with you as well.

09/13/2019

Kenneth B.

The troubleshooting went great and everything was explained so that I could understand what was happening.

Description of Work
Clean connectors and adjust pilot lite.

Category chimney repair, gas logs

Thank you for your review. And we are glad you are satisfied with your services. If you need anything else don't hesitate to call us. Thanks

08/01/2018

Mark U.

I feel compelled to rave about the work that was finished today. From the gentleman that performed the inspection through the team that accomplished the project, I could not be more impressed. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and extremely hard working. I can't imagine a customer being happier or more satisfied than my wife and me.

Description of Work
Chimney (3 story) lining removed and SS lining installed.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

05/04/2018

chad H.

Gas Fireplace pilot light fixed + maintenance in fall of 2017. Somehow, pilot ended up going out again in spring of 2018, owner stood by previous repair and came out to check it out and get it working again at no charge.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace Pilot

Category fireplaces

01/24/2018

Marian W.

We had a new stone fireplace with gas insert installed to replace one removed by a previous owner. We could not be happier with the results. It looks (and heats) even better than expected. Everyone who worked on it was not only extremely knowledgeable and professional, but really enjoyed his job. They made sure every detail was correct. We really liked that they did everything - none of the work was contracted out. For anyone needing masonry work or a gas insert installed/maintained I would highly recommend this company..

Description of Work
Installation of new stone fireplace with gas insert

Category masonry, fireplaces, gas logs

07/31/2017

Gene A.

It was successive work being done by the chimney and they had to come in and really analyze it to give a good estimate. That’ll probably be a discount toward the bill, but for now. I’ve been travelling a lot and haven’t had a chance to get the work done. If I get the work done, I will use them. He was there for about an hour or so taking pictures up in the chimney. He took pictures up on the roof and everywhere else so, it was an extensive job.

Description of Work
I’ve gotten an estimate from them, but I’ve not had any work done with them yet.

07/24/2017

Karen B.

Great. Guys showed up and immediately fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Chimney cap was blown off during a storm and they put it back up there.

Category chimney repair

Thank you for your kind review!

04/19/2017

Gene M.

Terrific. We picked this company partly because they'd done work on our house too. We were extremely satisfied then; remain so now.

Description of Work
Chimney work on son's house to fix some long-neglected maintenance.

Category chimney repair

Thanks for the great review! We love to get feedback from our customers.

03/28/2017

Shawn W.

Went very well. Service man inspected and gave recommendations on service intervals.

Description of Work
Chimney and flu inspection and cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We strive for customer satisfaction.

01/16/2017

Mark R.

Checked out all components of the fireplace including getting on the roof to inspect chimney.

Description of Work
Serviced Gas fireplace

Category fireplaces

01/16/2017

Mark R.

Gene arrived at scheduled time & diagnosed the problem very quickly. was able to fix the problem with a good cleaning of equipment. Gene made adjustments to the gas equipment and the fireplace works perfectly! My wife thinks the best its ever worked. Gene showed great professionalism, knowledge, & customer service!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace wasn't working correctly or efficiently. Hasn't been serviced in 8 years.

Category chimney repair

Thank you for the nice review. We love to get feedback from our customers!

12/15/2016

Lisa M.

I initially thought I was going to have to wait a while before an inspector came out, but Tammy was able to fit us into their schedule knowing we had other contractors waiting on the inspection. Their inspector, Ricky, called me the day of our appointment to let me know he was 45 minutes away. He inspected the outside of the chimney taking many photos to help explain what we needed repair. He informed me once pulling the wood burning stove out of the fireplace that a liner had not been installed when the stove was. Due to the lack of an insert apparently the fireplace had caught on fire unbeknownst to us. Ricky cleaned the fireplace and then sent a camera up to see what damage had been done internally. The first tile he inspected with the camera showed a crack in it. He finished his inspection and we are now waiting for the quote to fix the damage done. I am happy we hired the professionals we did. They were courteous, thorough and easy to work with. Although we are waiting on a quote for the repairs I feel HearthMasters was the right choice for us. I would highly recommend them for anyone's chimney needs in the future. In the future we will have our fireplace cleaned and inspected every year from now on. It's a shame that when purchasing this home the inspector who should be working for the potential homeowner and finance company didn't even bother to check the fireplace/woodstove for the proper equipment. As far as I'm concerned HeartMasters saved our lives along with our grandchildren who sleep over often. Our house could have easily caught fire due to the chimney fire. Thank you again Ricky and staff at HearthMasters for your honesty and thorough inspection. Trust in the best like we did, it could save the lives of your loved ones!

Description of Work
An inspection of our chimney needed to be performed in order to proceed with other contract work scheduled.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our services. Unfortunately, too many home buyers do not have the chimney inspected by a professional chimney sweep prior to home purchase, and they are often led to believe that a standard home inspector will also inspect the chimney. Home inspectors do not inspect the interior of chimneys and it states so in their contract or report. The result is usually that the buyer is stuck with a non-working fireplace or expensive repairs. For this reason, we always recommend having chimneys inspected by a pro prior to purchase of a home.

11/08/2016

Lisa M.

It took HearthMasters FOURTEEN DAYS to respond to my request for a quote. The day I heard back from them was the same day another company was at my house already performing the requested service.

Description of Work
Gas log fireplace inspection and cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Due to a glitch in the Angie's List system emails were not going to my assistant as we set it up, so we did not get this notice. I am sorry for the delayed response as we usually respond very quickly. Angie's List is working on fixing the problem.

05/11/2016

Katie T.

First of all, I cannot state enough how much anxiety the prospect of repairing my leaky chimney was. My husband and I had been battling this leak for the last couple of years doing everything from getting a new roof to slathering gallons of tar at the base and sides of the chimney. The problem was that it would only leak a couple times a year when we would get a torrential downpour. The rest of the time, no leaks. Anyway, I knew the old chimney and irregular design of our roof was to blame so, I finally called Padgitt Chimney/HearthMasters for help. When they came out for the estimate, they were very thorough in their investigation of my leak. Taking pictures inside and out. The employee that performed the estimate was very courteous and professional. He answered many of my questions and concerns and, what he could not answer was answered in the complete and detailed estimate I received a few days later from their office. It outlined with color photos the work that would be done with an itemized list of all the issues that would be addressed and an estimated timeline of what would be done when. It was definitely the most thorough and professional bid I have ever received from a contractor. When they began the job a couple of weeks later, the crew was professional, courteous and maintained a tidy work area. The only hiccup through the whole ordeal was my husband mowing over their extension cord, which they were very understanding about. The rest of the job went smooth. They worked around me and my husbands schedule as much as possible, since we work evenings, and wrapped up each day around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, which was perfect for us. By the end of the 4th day, they were putting the finishing touches on the chimney and picking up their equipment. One of the best surprises was when they informed me that they could use my existing vent pipe from my furnace and so would actually save me almost $1000.00 off my original bid! I was so surprised and excited, not only about the savings but, that they were honest and cared enough to not charge me for work that they didn't need to do. Much appreciated! They will definitely have a customer for life.

Description of Work
Tore down 90 year old 5 Ft + chimney to below the roof line and hauled off debris. Completely rebuilt chimney from the roof up with new brick and concrete chimney cap with drip edge. Replaced rotten wood around the base of the chimney, re-shingled, tarred, flashed and sealed the chimney. Relined the fireplace side to bring up to code as well as repairing the furnace exhaust side of the chimney. Cleaned up mess afterward.

Category masonry, chimney repair

Thank you so much for your nice review! We really appreciate it when customers take the time to let others know about our work.

KC Chimney Service

Chimney service. Small company three employees. Contractor for construction services. Residential and small commercial.

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

Jaigo Construction LLC

We are specialists in masonry , We install brick ,cinder block , Stone And Stucco with color or natural , We Do Concrete , drive ways , side walks - we are are a family company we have 20 years of experience normally company’s give a one year guarantee we give you Two Years guarantee , We have a lot of satisfied costumers and we also have a lot of good references so if you guys need opinions you can always contact them

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    Independence, MO
    City of Independence
    12/31/2017
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, Check, PayPal

Chimney sweeping, level 2 internal camera inspections with a written report and photos, dryer vent cleaning, consulting services, insurance evaluations with full reports, fire investigations, second opinions. We restore historic chimneys, repair any type of masonry chimney, do relining with Guardian ceramic flue systems, stainless steel flue liners, and repair chimney flues with Fireguard. We build new custom fireplaces, chimneys, brick ovens, and masonry heaters and do fireplace remodeling in brick, stone, or tile. By Gene Padgitt, State Certified Private Fire Investigator, CSIA Certifed Chimney Sweep, NFI Certified Gas Specialist, Degree in HVACR Technology, Certified Heater Mason, and our expert crew.

No parts or installation of appliances we do not sell. No sales of appliances out of our service area.