WORKING FOR YOU

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2006

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

30199 FOXTAIL LN

Stacy, MN 55079

OWNER OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES....

handyman (183)woodworking (40)interior painting (22)decks & porches (21)door installation (19)tile installation (19)deck cleaning (18)home remodeling (16)lighting (15)general contractors (15)window replacement (14)drywall (14)

05/08/2021

We have used Working-For-You for several projects over the past 4 years and have always been very satisfied with their work. The projects ranged from total master bath floor tile and shower redesign; installed kitchen backsplash; removal of an old gas fire place and partial wall; and new deck stairs for upper level deck. Rob and Scott are very detailed oriented, courteous, punctual and fair on their prices. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel, kitchen backsplash, deck stairs, gas fireplace removal

Category decks,gutter cleaning,gutter repair,handyman service,chimney caps,home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

Thank you for posting this review. These are the traits we hope our clients recognize in us and our work; I’m grateful that these clients have given us the opportunities to demonstrate them.

12/02/2020

The project went well. Rob was in contact with me throughout the process. Stopped by with an estimate and gave a great explanation of what it would take to repair the deck. Was on time. And then finished it well under budget. Would definitely work with him again.

Description of Work
Deck Repair

Category decks,handyman service,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Thank you for posting this review. I am thankful you are so pleased.

08/25/2020

Rob and Scott replaced two rotted railings and some floor boards on the deck. They sanded the deck to ensure all algae was removed. Rob said it would take them 3 days to complete and they did finish in that amount of time. The deck looks great and they did an excellent job! I am very happy with the deck and their work.

Description of Work
Rob, owner of Working For You, and Scott stained and repaired my deck.

Category contractors,decks,deck cleaning,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

Thank you for submitting a review. I am glad that you were pleased with our service and happy w/ the final product.

04/08/2020

He responded saying was too busy and unable to come out until next winter

Description of Work
Ceiling repair door repair blinds painting

Category handyman service

I am unsure why my having a full schedule for almost a year-out (which is a truthful statement) garners me an "F" overall. I am not going to bring on employees (which will lower my quality), and I can only do so much. I responded the same day that I was contacted as well, thanking the person for contacting me and apologizing that I was unavailable...even with that, I get a "B"??? Perhaps I am expressing a bit of sour-grapes here. I do not feel that I deserve these grades and hope that other potential clients agree with me.

12/03/2019

It was great! Rob is a really nice guy with reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Hanging a TV and replacing a door / installing a deadbolt

Category handyman service,doors

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

Working with this client is case-in-point of how I like to work WITH and EMPOWER homeowners. To save some money, this client was able to purchase (w/ assistance from me) his own TV mount, door, and dead-bolt. I gave him measurements and general guidelines, and he was able to get the products ordered, paid, and delivered. I was able to show-up and install. Everything went very well, and I look forward to working with this interesting and empowered homeowner again.

11/23/2019

Rob was awesome. Friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to think outside of the box. I would definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
I had a dog door installed

Category handyman service,doors

Work Completed On 11/23/2019

This client has three friendly little dogs who needed to have a way to get outside more easily than the current system (running them through the garage and out a side door). The client thought about the in-the-wall dog-door. We worked together to find the best location for it, and then I installed it. The job went very smooth...just get the dogs to use it smoothly now :-). Thank you for posting the review; they are always helpful.

10/19/2019

Rob is incredible. He works efficiently and thoroughly and is always friendly and courteous. His work is good and he makes suggestions about the best way to approach a job. His pricing is fair and he offers a good quote before starting any work. I would and will continue to hire him. His work always exceeds my expectations

Description of Work
Numerous projects around my house.

Category contractors,handyman service,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

These are the qualities for which I always strive; I am super glad that you find them present in my work and personality. Thank you for submitting this review.

09/26/2019

Excellent work! Great communication, great craftsmanship, and fair price. Will hire to do future work.

Description of Work
Exterior carpentry, siding and painting.

Category handyman service,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

Thank you for submitting this review.

06/05/2019

When tiling for us, we requested using a new underlayment product. Grout cracked in multiple areas which may have been caused by our requested underlayment- or his first time using? He came back a year or so later and fixed all areas with grout that has now held up well. He didn't even require payment for coming back. I am about to contact for more work we need done- definitely recommend:) !

Description of Work
came to tile our mudroom/laundry room.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

We actually did this work a few years ago, with the repair a couple of years ago. I’m glad to read the grout in this high traffic area is now holding up. I enjoyed working for this busy family and am excited to get the chance to do so again.

03/15/2019

Very courteous, friendly, professional & quality work. I have had various projects done by Working For You before this job and would definitely consider for future projects. I received a competitive bid and the actual cost came in under, which was refreshing. I would definitely recommend when you are looking for quality work.

Description of Work
painting of master bedroom and bathroom

Category handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Thank you for submitting this review. I appreciate the comments and all but one of the grades. I don't understand the "b"grade given for the price, as the client wrote that I offered a competitive estimate and that I came in under the estimate. To me, I would have earned an "a" grade. Yet, what this does offer me is an opportunity to explain to anyone reading this review/response my typical process for estimating a job and receiving pay for it: I function under the process commonly called "time and material". My son (who works w/ me) and I get paid for the hours we work a job, along w/ any time we put in at the store buying materials and/or preparing for the job (travel time and tool-loading time is not paid, though). He charges $35/hr and I charge $70/hr. We also ask for reimbursement (w/o markup) for any materials we purchase. At the end of the job, we tally up our time and our material and are paid. Before I start a job, I estimate the cost a job might have, based on the time and material I think it'll take to complete it to the satisfaction of the customer. I share this estimate w/ the client and we agree on both the estimated amount and the process it represents (described above). I have used this process for the entire 15+ years I have been remodeling and offering handy-person services; I am rather accurate in my estimates. We work hard and efficiently so as to provide the desired/expected results in the least time possible. Many times, we are able to come in under the estimate (I'd rather estimate a little high and come in under rather than the other way around). As one can read from the reviews posted on Angie's List, this process has been received very well and has garnered very positive results. My clients, including this one, are extremely happy w/ the quality work we do, the cost of the work we do, how we communicate, how we conduct ourselves, how we keep the job-space, and the way in which we do the work. I will continue to offer this high-caliber service.

SPECIALIZING IN CREATIVE PROJECTS. WILLING AND ABLE TO WORK FROM DESIGN TO COMPLETION. LANDSCAPING, HARDSCAPING, DECKS & PATIOS. REMODELING, KITCHENS, BATHS, BASEMENTS, ATTICS. CARPENTRY (ESPECIALLY FINISH). LAY-IN FLOORING, CERAMIC TILING. WALL REPAIR, INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING. HANDYMAN

ASK FOR DETAILS