Signal Garage Auto Care

Auto Radiators
Auto Transmission
Auto Tires
Auto Mufflers

Additional DBA - J Brenna rustproof and specialty exhaust....

Am-Pm Automotive Repair

For over 25 years we have been servicing vehicles in the White Bear Lake area and surrounding communities. Started by Greg Martz, we're still a family owned business focusing on you as our customer. As an AC Delco tech center, you can be 100% confident that only the highest quality auto parts will be used on your automobile. While many of our competitors cut prices by cutting quality, we guarantee that all of the replacement parts that we use meet the O.E.M. specifications (original equipment specifications). We do it all, from minor repairs to complete overhauls! We distinguish ourselves from any competition by our exceptional auto repair and customer service!

Bonded Transmission

The most reliable St Paul Transmission Repair Service with 33 years in the same location. Our family owned business has over 100 years combined experience and we look forward to servicing your automotive needs.

St Paul Automotive

Full Automotive repair facility for ALL Makes and Models(classics included). Complete diagnostics and repairs performed by ASE Certified Technicians.

10/25/2020

The guys at Signal are great! I really appreciate their expertise at identifying the quirky issues my car has had after years of wear and tear. This time it was a failing camshaft sensor. That little bugger was just starting to go out so it was tough to identify, but they did and now my car is running like a champ! Also noteworthy... everyone is really friendly and professional. I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
My check engine light was nagging and the car wasn't starting consistently

Category auto repair,car inspections

08/09/2019

We keep going back to Signal because they are kind, fair priced and do great work. Most recently we were really impressed when a repair to the AC on our 2008 Saab turned out to involve way more than we could afford and the staff found a way to make the situation right. They went above and beyond. We will keep coming back here.

Description of Work
air conditioner repair

04/20/2017

I really like them, I have been taking my cars to them for about four years.

Description of Work
I had a check engine light come on in the car and took it to them.

03/21/2016

02/12/2016

Description of Work
They are extremely thorough and they guarantee their work. They may cost a little more than places that just keep your car running but my car is totally reliable because of their work. And easy to talk to!!

08/13/2014

This was a bigger service but it saved me from having a problem while on the road trip. They're very conveniently located to me. Their customer service is great and their communication is very clear. Their hours are Monday - Friday 8-5. Scheduling appointments is very easy.

Description of Work
They got my car ready for a 1,200 mile round trip road trip. They needed to replace an axel.

03/03/2014

See above. The service staff was polite on the phone and in person. I knew that Saab parts can be difficult to obtain, so I rented a car at Hertz/Amtrack station for the time of the repair. I felt that the Signal Garage staff were very professional and honest. I would certainly recommend them to my neighbors and friends (and to members of Angie's List). It's refreshing to deal with a service provider who very clearly values their customers and is proud of their work. The service mechanic left a personal note in the car thanking me for my business (and identifying who had worked on my car). My car is working fine now, too. One of the staff (probably one of the owners) even tried to contact me after the work was completed to make sure that I was satisfied, and to solicit feedback---another example of their dedication to high quality service. Unfortunately, I was too busy to talk on the phone at that time. I think that this unsolicited review on Angie's List should also serve to assure their staff that I was very impressed and pleased with their service.

Description of Work
Quite a lot. The window on my 1999 Saab 9-5 was stuck open during the" Polar Vortex". A major electrical switch had to be ordered (not available in Minnesota)--they were able to save me a considerable amount by finding a used (but guaranteed) replacment part. My car would not start in my home garage, and they came to my house (which was close by) for a jumper start, and I followed one of their staff back to Grand Ave. The battery had to be replaced. On inspection of the car, they identified that the rear shocks (originals) also needed to be replaced--if I agreed--and I requested that the shocks be replaced, too.

12/05/2013

Dropped it off 1 day, picked it up the next. The truck was clean with no overspray. This is the 4th vehicle done and I have no rust on any of them.

Description of Work
Rust prevent & undercoat

08/01/2012

I haven't been there in a while because I got a new car. They are a AAA auto place and get super recommendations. They do a good job plus they are honest. You usually make an appointment and they are usually pretty efficient.

Description of Work
I used to have a junker that I took to Signal Garage. I got quite a bit done. They've worked on the radioator, fan belt, oil changes, etc.

09/13/2011

You would think the car would be running like a top. Unfortunately, the original issue I brought my car in for still persisted. It was time to try again. After speaking with Mark and Dave the technician, it was suggested that a new ignition coil was what was needed, that and 4 connectors (parts and labor) came to $331.50. I should have ended things right there, but I still wanted to believe in these guys. On a personal level, everyone there seemed like a good person, and I was still hoping to get me car in shape to last me for a few more years (Mileage 145,000). I guess now I'd rather deal with jerks who can actually fix the problem. After the second visit, nothing had changed. Still the same sluggishness on hills and accelerating. I was pretty angry by this point, having spent so much money and still not even knowing what the problem was. Mark wanted to try and make things right and invited me to come in again and do another computer check. They would cut me a deal on labor and so I went back a third time. Apparently now there was some indication that the problem was no longer the #1 ignition, but #2 & #4. So they replaced the ignition coils ($189.61). Unfortunately, the same issue is persisting. I cannot recommend this company. They are very expensive ($90/hr shop charge), and were not able to finally get at why the car was behaving the way it was. It was my first (second and third) time there, and I am done. I'd still like to know what is happening to my car and what can be done to fix it, but I'm not sure I have the money to spend to fix it any longer. Unless, perhaps another shop could find that in fact, the answer is simple and cheap.

Description of Work
I brought in my 1999 Lincoln Continental (current Bluebook value approx. $3750) to Signal Garage because I was experiencing an intermittent "sluggish" issue that happened accelerating from a stop or when going up a hill (usually after the car had been running a half hour). It felt like it would feel if there was water or air in the gas line. Signal Garage is close to my home and it was important for me to find a good mechanic near my house (only 1 car). The first thing that happened when I brought it is was they did a diagnostic evaluation using a computer hooked up to the computer in my vehicle ($154.68). The check engine light was on (had been on for some time). They went ahead and fixed everything that was indicated by the check engine light (The following charges in parentheses are parts AND labor). They installed a Plenum Gasket and Injector O-rings ($625), Fuel injector Plenum Gasket (97.83), 2 Injector O-rings ($32.90), Cleaned the mass air flow sensor ($135.87), installed one ignition coil and spark plug ($108.70), Ignition coil ($127.97), Spark Plug ($19.50), Fuel Injector Service Kit ($199.98), and an EGR tube ($141.66). The total with tax came to $1732.07.

Category auto repair

Auto tune up, brake repair, radiator, timing belt, steering, muffler, transmission, fuel pumps, shocks and struts, heating & air-conditioning, alternators, starters, batteries, water pump, head gasket, engine repair, exhaust, rust proof, undercoat

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express