J. Benson Construction

Founded 1965 • With Angi since September 2001

3.9

J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Brad Payne & Wayne Benson....

Pro Exteriors LLC

Pro Exteriors is located in Bloomington MN. With over 40 years of combined experience in the home improvement industry, we are able to provide our customers with the top notch service that each customer deserves.

J’s Rain Drains

J's Rain Drains installs drain pipes (tile) from gutter down spouts and sump pump outlets to divert the water away from your homes foundation. We have the unique ability to bore under the sidewalk to install the tile. We never lift a section up. J's always uses a catch basin in our instillation so that the down spout will not blow out in the back from ice build-up. We also address water issues in other areas as well. We use golf course quality Rain Bird products to ensure the best results.

Diversified Drainage

Diversified Drainage is a full service drainage company, providing solutions for ponding water, soft or saturated soil, excessive patio or deck post heaving due to freezing in winter, waterproofing foundations to stop water infiltration. There are usually 5-6 Employees working during the season including the 2 owners who have 30 plus years of combined experience in drainage solutions. The scope of our job size on the smaller scale is $1000.00 and up as we use mostly specialized equipment and trained employees our mobilization costs are at the least a few hundred dollars. We may sub-contract out services that others are better able to perform than us in some situations like patching asphalt, underground boring, and bolder landscape walls. All payments are due upon completion and generally will collect payment onsite. For special promotions and financing options ask your rep.

07/06/2020

Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and tw...

Description of Work
House reconstruction after major water damage.

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,plumbing,water damage restoration,home builders,interior painters,basement remodeling

09/17/2018

Very professional. Had the entire job done in a day. Looks great. The crew was very polite. Second time we have used this company. Would use again.

Description of Work
Scrape and repair water damage on a ceiling

Category water damage restoration,interior painters

01/07/2016

they were prompt in coming out to get the contract signed.....and then.... (I have edited this 3 times to try and be as brief as possible) their project manager, Tony, came out to look at the house to discuss how everything would happen during the project. among the things he told me were: 1. the tear-off and re-roof would be done in 1 day ~ it took 16 hours over two days 2. the roofing crew would...

Description of Work
They were hired to re-roof our house, and to replace the gutters

Category gutter repair,landscaping,plumbing,roofing,siding,water damage restoration

10/30/2015

Great! This is a first-class operation. The project appraiser (Joe) was punctual, professional, and very helpful. The project supervisor (Tony) was knowledgeable, professional, and responsive. Every team member Tony brought to my job was great. I'm so glad to have found J Benson.

Description of Work
J. Benson completed the restoration of my townhouse after flooding from a plumbing leak. Carpet restretched and cleaned, wall repairs and baseboard repositioning, and furniture repositioning.

Category contractors,carpet cleaners,carpet installation,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,water damage restoration

09/16/2014

A drunk driver crashed into our house in the middle of the night. JBenson arrived within 2 hours of having called them for emergency board up service the next day. They sent a crew of 4 (plus an electrician that arrived later). After reviewing the damage, they said they could just board it up or fix the structure. They removed all broken pieces to the structure, reframed the corner, placed sheetin...

Description of Work
Emergency services to repair house after a car hit it.

Category electrician,remodeling,water damage restoration

03/03/2014

We had them twice. They are responsive and honest. Everybody was pretty good except for the painters. They are professionals.

Description of Work
I used the water damaged service and remodeling service of J. Benson Construction.

Category room remodeling","water damage restoration service

01/21/2014

Quality of actual installation was acceptable. They could have done a better job of coordinating work. Delays with flooring delivery left us without access to one floor for over two weeks. Workers damaged appliances. It also took several weeks for them to bill us, which delayed our final payment from the insurance company.

Description of Work
Oversaw repairs caused by water damage. We were referred to them by insurance company. Cost was not an issue for us because it was covered by insurance.

Category drywall contractor

11/14/2013

After they picked up the dehumidifiers I didn't hear from them for nearly a month. They left a voicemail I returned their call within 30 minutes and got voicemail. After not hearing from them for 3 weeks I contacted my insurance agent and they contacted the service. I finally received a call back a few days later (a Tuesday) They promised to let me know when they would be out to do the work by that Friday. Friday came and went and still no call. This has been going on long enough I thought and my agent suggested I move on and find someone else. I was told by the service I would not be billed for anything. Then I found someone else to complete the repairs. Keep in mind by then it was early September and I have had my house in upheaval since the storm of June 21st. You can imagine my surprise when I eventually received a bill for the 1-2 hours their employee did work and it was for $1281. That comes out to over $640 per hour. They didn't supply and materials so that was a labor only charge. I have since filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota.

Description of Work
Spent 1-2 hours removing the bottom 2 feet of sheetrock from basement drywall damaged by flooding. They also plugged in a couple dehumidifiers to run for a couple days. They didn't replace anything and provided no materials.

Category water damage restoration service

02/25/2013

J. Benson was actually recommended by my insurance company. The conflict of interest concerned me, so I talked to two rental owners (one of whom I knew) and two homeowners for references. They were good, I signed the contract, and the J. Benson supervisor told me I would be satisfied with their work. Everything went well. Their subcontractors were cooperative. J. Benson knew about fire restorations, they worked cooperatively with me and my insurance adjuster. I came to trust J. Benson and the adjuster did also. As issues came up such as the quality of the replaced equipment or fixtures, or the detailing of a feature, the issues were resolved to my satisfaction (I was more involved in project oversight than the typical rental owner). At the end of the job, I was satisfied, just as promised. It is now 2 1/2 years later, the the restoration has held up. This review is tardy because I just didn't take the time; it should have been earlier.

Description of Work
Restored a fire-damaged apartment. Tenant had fallen asleep while smoking. Work included gutting the apartment to the studs (absolutely everything was removed, even the tub), removing asbestos tile, abating mold caused by fire department water, bringing apartment up to current codes, and rebuilding everything.

Category drywall contractor","room remodeling","water damage restoration service","home remodeling contractor","interior painter","mold removal company

07/30/2011

Benson responded quickly dried basement, emptied belongings - salvageable in to a pod + trashed rest. Worked through insurance Co. They cut walls, repaired sheet rack, replaced bathroom vanities, repainted and 3,5 months late & back in.

Description of Work
Our pond backed up into our septic. It fried the pump and the septic backed in to the house filling. The basement + 2 bedrooms with 6" on sewage + pond.

Category basement contractor

Residential and commercial remodeling, property restoration, additions, roofing, siding, windows, fire, smoke & water damage, board up, water extraction, contents pack outs, storage, & professional cleaning.

N/A