MADISON & SON PAINTING

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2006

Madison & Son painting is a third generation company. Have been in business for over 32 years. My name is Jim and I work on all my jobs with my wife Lona and my son James Jr. We all take pride in what we do and we are perfectionists in our work. No job is too small or to big, Call us for all your

2022 Super Service Award

house painting (40)pressure washing (21)deck cleaning (19)interior painting (11)decks & porches (11)

08/28/2022

Erin W.

They were ALL wonderful, it was so obvious they took pride in their work. They paid attention to every nook and cranny on our house. I literally cannot find one drop of paint out of place. Having them here was quite enjoyable, very friendly-happy and conscientious. I'll have to find something else for them to do because I want to support their business. My house looks beautiful and believe me it really needed a paint job. Their pricing was very good and the workmanship was excellent, yard was completely cleaned up they didn't leave a trace. Highly reccomend! Below are some before and after photos, pretty dramatic change-why not, if your gonna go for it - go for it!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 08/26/2022

Review for MADISON & SON PAINTING - 26185 Novak Ave., Lindstrom, MN - 39852346

08/05/2022

david P.

I couldn't be happier. They were truly professional and gave great suggestions. The house looks brand new. The deck and house has never looked better

Description of Work
Painted house exterior

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/05/2022

07/30/2022

Brent A.

They did an excellent job. I made the phone call and he was there the next day assessing the job and gave me a quote. They power washed the old paint off and used a clear coat finish. I thought because it was originally painted I was stuck with painting it again. Madison proved that to be wrong. They did an excellent job and the finished product looks amazing. I will definitely use them again if I have other work to be done.

Description of Work
Front porch sanded and refinished

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

07/21/2022

Sheila M.

Our deck and porch had been neglected by us and they were able to make them look almost new. They replaced bad boards, pressure washed and sanded prior to the staining and painting. They completed the job in the time they said they would finish. They gave great suggestions on the type of stain/paint so we would not have to do it again for a longer period of time. They were very professional. I would definitely have them do more work for us, in fact I will more than likely have them back to do interior painting that I am needing.

Description of Work
Staining and Painting deck and 3 season porch, replace bad decking

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

Review for MADISON & SON PAINTING - 26185 Novak Ave., Lindstrom, MN - 39806568

09/06/2021

Susan S.

Jim, Lona, and J.J. did an excellent job painting the ceilings and walls in our townhome. When a bedroom wall had water damage from chimney they returned to help us with repairs.

Description of Work
Ceilings and walls painted in townhome.

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

09/25/2020

Susan J.

Everything went very well. Jim and Lona are both good communicators and they are their employees are personable and professional. The work quality was excellent. They pay attention to detail. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
exterior house and garage power wash and painting, clear coat on exterior wood.

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the review. We will be in touch for your interior needs in st.paul. Jim and Lona Madison

07/03/2020

Lori E.

I am selling a condo and needed the work done quickly and with quality results. Right before Independence Day weekend they did the job in only a couple of hours with great results. They delivered! I highly recommend and would hire again. Thank you!

Description of Work
Paint bedroom ceilings (popcorn)

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

05/15/2020

kevin S.

Very good workmanship. The deck looks like a new installation! This crew is very personable and easy to talk with, they all seem to take pride in the job. I feel their prices are fair and I am happy with the results. I recommend this company based on the work they did for me.

Description of Work
Power wash deck, replace rotted boards, sand and paint deck

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

05/05/2020

Shannon H.

Jim and Lona were great to work with. They were quick to respond and give me a quote and were able to start the work right away. They do great work and our deck turned out great. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Deck washed, sanded, and stained

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

04/24/2020

Pam S.

It went extremely well. They are a wonderful team who did a beautiful job. We are very happy with their work.

Description of Work
They did solid stain on our log home, detached garage and even the doghouse. They also did all of the big poles and boardwalks on both buildings as well as paint the shutters green and the trim around the windows white.

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

Review for MADISON & SON PAINTING - 26185 Novak Ave., Lindstrom, MN - 38520802

03/13/2020

Muriel T.

There are certain things I look for when l need to hire someone to do work on my house. This would include integrity, great workmanship, fair price, keeping me informed of the progress of the project, respect and friendliness. And Madison & Son met all of this! So why would you want to look anywhere else for painting of any kind.?! Hire them. You won’t be disappointed. Oh and if the floorboards of your deck need sprucing up ask them what they can do for you. The flooring on my deck looks amazing because of the product they applied to it!

Description of Work
Exterior painting and deck power washed

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

09/07/2019

Louise T.

The work was very high quality. The job was done as promptly as the weather allowed. We were pleased with the work and would hire again.

Description of Work
exterior deck staining

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

08/21/2019

Sharon P.

They did a very good job staining our deck. They were very knowledgable, friendly and accommodating and did a professional job. We are quite satisfied with their work and would hire them again. 😀 Thanks Jim and Lona!

Description of Work
Deck staining for our townhouse

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

08/10/2019

Dean W.

Fabulous! I highly recommend Madison & Son for all of your painting needs!

Description of Work
Exterior home painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2019

07/30/2019

Nancie G.

Very friendly on the phone, and both Lona and Jim came out to look at the fence, which was nice. Their quote was nearly $600 higher than another quote, plus we were twice asked if we wanted both sides of the fence done. Does anyone seal only one side? Would consider hiring if cost wasn't so high.

Description of Work
Staining/sealing new cedar fence

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

06/11/2019

Christine S.

Madison and Sons did a phenomenal job. Not only were they timely and efficient, they have exquisite attention to detail. Their price was the most competitive for the job and they were more than courteous and professional. They were in constant communication with us throughout. I will refer them to everyone! They made this process painless and I couldn't be happier with the end result. Thank you Madison and Sons!!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

05/02/2019

Jennifer O.

I had Madison and Son painting, painted the complete interior of ceilings and walls. They were prompt and professional. We purchased this home as a fixer upper and it smelt like the Marlboro man lived here from all the smoke damage, upon moving in to our home it was complete with fresh paint throughout. Its smelt like a brand new home. My husband and I really appreciated their hard work in such a timely manner

Description of Work
Interior walls and ceilings

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

05/01/2019

Kayla A.

The entire process was awesome! They are so professional in everything they do. They did amazing work and are very friendly. They had their son James come out and do my living, kitchen and bathrooms and they look beatiful! I dont think i could have found anyone better for the job! Thank you guys! Will for sure hire again in the future!

Description of Work
Interior work

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

07/10/2018

Debbie L.

Jim and Lana were very professional and personal. When giving a quote, listened to what our wants were and our concerns in painting our ceilings and interior walls. From the first call to them to the end of the job, they were prompt and the job was completed when they said it would be. Very happy with the work completed and clean-up. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality professional painting company.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

07/05/2018

Jennifer O.

I hired Madison & Son painting to paint the interior of my home. They did a remarkable job from start to finish. The crew is respectful, courteous, and trustworthy. My ceilings and walls look amazing and I will hire them again to do my exterior needs next year. From first conversation with Jim I knew he was the professional for the job, he immediately fit me into his scheduled and I was very happy with how fast him and his crew completed the job. Thanks again for such a great job!

Description of Work
Interior walls and ceilings

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

07/02/2018

Tom B.

I have a signed contract stating that they will “Power wash the body of the house”. After the contract was signed, Jim started saying that he would not power wash the house. The workers were told to only “blow off the cob webs”. They only lightly sprayed some of the house. Most of the 3 1/2 hours were spent washing the 3 decks. I called Jim Madison and told him I was not happy with the house washing and asked them not to do any more work. I also said that I would pay for the 3 ½ hours of work. Jim Madison got mad and hung up. He immediately called the police to come and pick up his ladders. As he was leaving he said that I would not get my money back. Updated 5-22-2019. Conciliation Court JUDGEMENT DECIDED AGAINST Madison and Son Painting The contractor was FORCED to refund the down payment. The signed contract states that he will *“Power wash the body of the house” *and then stain the house. The contractor refused to do any power washing and refused to refund the $3,700.00 down payment. No reputable contractor would stain over dirt and mold. The “Service Provider Response” is totally inaccurate, irrelevant and nonsense. What does he do with his schedule when it rains ? Charge God $3,700.00 ? DO NOT USE THIS CONTRACTOR UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND 9 MONTHS IN CONCILIATION COURT.

Description of Work
2 people spent 3 ½ hours Washing 3 decks and spraying cob webs form my house.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

As a successful business company for over 35 years all my customers know we go over and beyond to do the very best to make sure they are happy. Myself and my wife try to work on all of our jobs. We have awards for being top painters. We recently donated our time to paint the food shelf in chisago. [Member Name Removed] has lost money for my company. He was on our very busy schedule he had called me to days before we were going to start his job to reschedule. We had to shut down two days while I had to scramble to change my schedule around. Hey things happen. When he came back up we had powerwashed his exterior Thursday. I had asked [Member Name Removed] if he was ok with it he said it looked fine. Sunday he had called me to say he didn't want us to work for him .I had left my ladders there cause we were to start Monday. There again Sunday over the fourth of July weekend we scrambled to change my schedule around again. I had called the police to go retreave my ladders. He had stolen my equipment and locked them in his garage. The officer made him give me my stuff back. 35 years we have never experienced nothing like this. Sorry to all my loyal customers. This is the one in a thousand. We are rated number one and continue to do so. Thank you to all our customers! Jim and Lona Madison and Son Painting

06/21/2018

Pauline W.

Madison & Son Painting & Decorating in Lindstrom, MN, is the best painting contractor we have ever hired, we will hire them again without question, & refer them to relatives, friends, & neighbors. From the 1st phone contact we had with Jim he showed respect. From then on, no matter who we spoke to, they were all very respectful and listened to what we needed/wanted done. They are punctual. They call when they say they will and they show up when they say they will. We had daily updates as to what work would be done the next day, and they made sure that the work area was cleaned up at the end of each day. Madison & Son Painting is a hard-working, trustworthy company that wants to do the job right. We couldn't be happier with work that they did for us.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior living room, kitchen, dining room, entrance, & 2 hallways. Exterior trim on house and a metal shed and a wooden shed.

Category house painters, interior painters