Twin Cities Appliance Service

Founded 1957 • With Angi since December 2008

4.4

620 13th Ave South

Hopkins, MN 55343

Your one stop appliance repair shop in business for over 58 years- 13 technicians covering the major metropolitan and surrounding suburbs- 7 full time office staff to handle your calls 3rd generation family owned business...

06/16/2020

Phil B.

It went great, tech had to have part ordered, then returned and installed it. Fridge works great (1994 KitchenAid).

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

08/26/2018

Jason B.

Service tech was prompt. was able to fix the oven quickly, good as new. However, the price to get a technician out to service is expensive. Either way you have to pay someone, these guys are good.

Description of Work
Oven needed to be fixed

11/16/2017

Trevor S.

TCA came out for under $100 to diagnose the problem. Replacement parts were ordered and then they came back to install. I liked the feature that showed where their repair person was and when they would get to my house with a 15 minute heads up. The repair person fixed the fridge but caused some damage to our floor in front of the fridge. The repair person accepted full responsibility and then it was very easy to work with Tim from TCA who covered the replacement cost of fixing the floor. He even allowed us to pick the company that originally installed our floors to do the repair. I was very impressed with his and TCA’s professionalism in general.

Description of Work
Our fridge broke. The water line was cracked and water was collecting and freezing on the bottom of the fridge.

Category appliance repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. We try hard and as you can see we are not perfect. But when accidents happen, we stand behind our work. Thank you for understanding.

11/04/2017

Judi W.

Our three year old Whirlpool dryer was very noisy. We made an appointment with Twin Cities. The repairman was on time. Within a few minutes of arrival he had diagnosed the problem -- lint in the blower. The bill was almost $200. $95 was the trip charge, and the remainder ($81) was the cost of removing a handful of lint from the blower wheel. The lint continued to dislodge for a day or so. For $81, I think the repairman could have taken a few extra minutes to vacuum out the area, at a minimum. I called to request a review of this charge, Tim at Twin Cities said that their charges were based on an industry standard, but that he would review it. Never heard from him again. I am happy my dryer is working, but I believe that there is still room for common sense in customer service, especially when there is an opportunity for lots of repeat business.

Description of Work
Repair clothes dryer

02/08/2017

D W.

Thank you for your FANTASTIC service!!! I am overly impressed with Twin Cities Appliance's service! Every one that I have had contact with ~ scheduling, technicians, etc~ have been the most pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient people I have ever seen in a Service industry! I had been, literally, battling with the appliance company that sold me a product that had issues from the very first day that I used it. After 5 months of trying to get them to get the problem corrected, Whirlpool corporation sent this warranty repair request to Twin Cities Appliance. Within minutes, TCA contacted me, set up the diagnostic service call (at a time that was convenient for ME!), scheduled it within 2 days, triple-confirmed the appointment (via email, phone message AND the service tech), and was right on time. The Tech (Jared) was was neat, efficient, totally knowledgeable and familiar with the product and had the diagnosis within minutes! He ordered the part needed to be delivered directly to my home (that was so smart! I knew immediately if the product showed up as hoped for) and scheduled the installation appointment ~ again, when it was convenient for ME~ based on the estimated delivery date. TCA obviously tracked the part order also, as they knew it was delivered to my home when I was away from the house, and immediately confirmed the appointment. Again, prior to the Service call today, they triple-confirmed the appointment, I was called when the tech was 15 minutes out, he (Jay, a different Tech) arrived on time, neat, happy, prepared and set right to work. Finishing within 10 minutes, including prep and clean up, I couldn't be happier!!! After a weary 5 months dealing with the company that sold me the appliance but was unable to diagnose the problem, made mistakes in ordering parts, no-showed on 3 occasions and ultimately refused to care anymore, Twin Cities Appliance erased the entire issue and gave me the product I paid for in less than 20 minutes total! I rarely find the opportunity to congratulate a company on stellar service. It seems as if Customer Service is a fleeting thought in too many instances. It is an absolute pleasure for me to thank and congratulate Twin Cities Appliance on its 5-Star Service to me and I look forward to recommending them to many, many more people!

Description of Work
Warranty repair on new Whirlpool Stove

12/13/2016

Paul C.

One week before the repair, I was quoted $750(labor) for two men to repair the refrig. The price I was quoted included 3-4 hours of work for two men. The day of the repair, one person came and did the job in 2 hours and 15 min but I was still charged $750 for labor. I called and talked with the owner thinking he would make the adjustment. He was very defensive and unprofessional. He repeatedly try to make a case for paying his technician $375 hour. We will not use them again because they take advantage of their customers. Would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair of refrigerator

12/13/2016

Ken B.

Aside from my feelings about the appliances we bought, I am happy to advise that Twin Cities Appliance has provided exceptional service! Our tech, Dave R was interested in finding the root cause of the failure. He offered advice on how to prevent service needs in the future for the appliances we have in the house and was eager to answer any other questions I had. More importantly, my pregnant wife and jerky dog liked Dave R. Thanks Dave!

Description of Work
Replace ice maker - we hired TC Appliance Service via an extended warranty plan. Our appliance is < 3 years old.

08/24/2016

COLIN P.

Follow-up from a prior review, in which the service provider didn't fix my dishwasher. It started leaking again a couple days after they left. Because my Maytag dishwasher is still under warranty, I had to use this company again to get it serviced. They took a week to come out and look at it, and they ordered a part thinking that might fix it. But they won't return for 3 more days to install it.

Description of Work
Looked at my dishwasher, again, but still haven't fixed it.

08/16/2016

COLIN P.

Took 3 days to come out, told me he couldn't replicate the problem despite clear evidence of water leaking, and left.

Description of Work
Came out to fix my 6-month-old Maytag dishwasher under warranty, which was leaking all over my floor

05/10/2016

Alana D.

Dave came out within 24 hours and arrived exactly on schedule. He replaced a part on our refrigerator which had stopped cooling. He also spent time educating me about what to expect for future repairs on our ageing refrigerator so we could make good decisions about fix/replace. He was careful to remove shoes before entering my home and slid the refrigerator out on panels so that it wouldn't scuff my floor. Very professional and efficient service.

Description of Work
Replaced start relay on Kitchenaid Refrigerator.

D & T Appliance Service Co

D & T Appliance was founded in January 2002 . We started our company with the intentions of providing a professional service experience to the customer; this “professional service” starts with the individual who takes the original incoming call from the customer, answering the call promptly, setting up the service call in a timely manner and then servicing the product when we said we would be there. It seems that this type of service experience was missing from our marketplace as we have since grown to 25 employees. Our company is also the only Nationally Certified Service Center in Minnesota. We specialize in the premium appliances as well as standard appliances. We strive to make sure that every customer is happy and that they want to tell their friends and family about our services.

Irish Appliance Repair Guys Inc

Irish Appliance Repair Guys Inc is a local business in Shakopee MN and Hutchinson MN. We offer repair and sales of all leading makes and models, including built in appliances. To schedule an appointment for REPAIRS please call: 612-398-6892. We rely so much on appliances to make our lives comfortable. Therefore, when appliances break down, it is not just a minor disruption, but also a major inconvenience. Irish Appliance Repair Guys is an appliance repair company that knows how significant it is, to maintain your appliances. We are the most dependable and trusted appliance repair company in Twin Cities and its surrounding areas. Whether you need your oven fixed or refrigerator repaired, we have all the necessary expertise and tools, to work on your appliances. Our well-trained and experienced technicians strive to get the repair done quickly. Our friendly technicians will act professionally while in your home. We will arrive on time, give clear and fair estimates, and leave your residence as clean and neat as we met it. You can rely on us for premium services. Give us a call, or contact us on our website, and we will gladly respond to your concern. With Irish Appliance Repair Guys you will get affordable and discounted prices, background check for all employees for your safety. Free written estimates if we do the job, no surprises, no hidden charges, estimate will be given before we start, answer all your questions, same day service for your convenience.

Offers by Irish Appliance Repair Guys Inc on Angi
    Fix-It-Chick

I am the sole proprietor of Fix-It-Chick, a appliance repair company in the Minneapolis area . I have 16 years experience repairing major kitchen and laundry appliances. I do all the service work myself. *Please note that we do not do installs or microwave repairs.

major appliance repair for the following brands,Maytag, Jenn-air, Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, Amana warranty and out of warranty, parts sales