Fix-It-Chick

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2012

8798 Ohland Avenue NE

Elk River, MN 55330

I am the sole proprietor of Fix-It-Chick, a appliance repair company in the Minneapolis area . I have 16 years experience repairing major kitchen and laundry appliances. I do all the service work myself....

appliance repair (171)small appliance repair (6)

05/03/2021

Very well. The problem was figured out over the phone and the part ordered. She came out when the part came in.

Description of Work
Washing machine wasn't working. The pump needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

04/01/2021

She was very knowledgeable and made the fix in no time. We had some tweeking that had to be done over the next week and she was very helpful to make sure everything was still working. I would highly recommend her for future needs.

Description of Work
Ice maker on fridge

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

Thanks

03/25/2021

Kathy was great! She was willing to service NE Mpls even though she's based out of Elk River. She returns phone calls promptly! After chatting with her on the phone very briefly, she was able to identify the problem, and was able to come out only a day or two later to get it fixed. She arrived promptly during a time frame that she and I had previously agreed upon. She had the tools and supplies on hand that she needed to do the work and she even explained what she was doing as she did it! Extremely knowledgeable. I would definitely call her again for appliance repair!

Description of Work
Replaced the igniter switch for the oven

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

03/05/2021

Kathy is great to work with & quick to return calls. Our freezer wasn't working properly. Kathy troubleshooted the problem over the phone and got the part ordered. Freezer back up working next day. My first lesson Freezer 101. I will definitely call her again with any future issues and have mentioned her to friends and family. Thanks Kathy!

Description of Work
Freezer repair

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Thanks

02/24/2021

Good - showed up when she said she would - did a diagnostic examination - identified the problem - explained what was wrong and fixed it.

Description of Work
Solenoid Valves For Gas Dryer Replacement

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

02/11/2021

We talked to Kathy & she was extremely knowledgeable. After talking through the problems she actually recommended that we not proceed with the repairs but get a new machine. She also had recommendations as to which brands to buy. We will definitely call her next time! We were very impressed.

Description of Work
Our washing machine stopped spinning.

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Thank you.

02/10/2021

Kathy is extremely professional and knowledgeable. She was able to quickly diagnose the issue at hand and fix the problem at a reasonable cost. Will use again as issues pop up and would highly recommend for all your needs! 10/10

Description of Work
Repair Oven Lighter / Gas

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

02/03/2021

My refrigerator stopped cooling, food started spoiling, and I had no idea what to do. I thought that I was going to have to spend $1000+ on a new appliance. Kathy called me back on a Sunday and troubleshooted the problem over the phone. The evaporator motor for my refrigerator model was discontinued, so Kathy spent the time to find one on eBay and ordered for me. She came out and replaced the motor as soon as the part arrived. Kathy worked quickly and saved me so much money and hassle!

Description of Work
Freezer evaporator fan replacement

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

02/01/2021

The gas dryer would only heat for a couple of minutes. Called Kath, gave her dryer information (model number, etc). She was able to come out within a day or so and fixed the problem quickly. She is great to work with and fixed the problem with no fuss.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

01/29/2021

Kathy was extremely helpful and contacted back right away. We had made several calls to other repair places first but one told us we lived too far away (Elk River, they were in Spring Lake Park) and the other we couldn't even speak to anyone. We had to send a text and were told they would get back to us within 48 hours, which was not helpful considering our two year old refrigerator was not currently working. She walked my husband through several plans of attack, which he did and we are waiting to see if it worked. And, she gave us information on how to contact Kitchen Aid to get the part we needed and have it covered. She went above and beyond! We are crossing our fingers that it will now work!

Description of Work
Our refrigerator went out.

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH WHIRLPOOL, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY!

I offer Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Clothes Washer, Dryer and Oven repair, both gas and electric.

HVAC service and repair