We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Woodland Painting Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2003

574 Prairie Center Drive Suite 135-304

Eden Prairie, MN 55344

12 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the square foot. Local business owner on site for each project. Ask about 10% Angie's list member discount.

10/11/2021

Maureen R.

The crew did careful and meticulous work with great attention to detail. The owner Todd Anderson stayed in touch with us throughout the project. He visited our home routinely to check on the work while the painting was underway. The crew worked for Todd, NOT a sub-contractor situation. Todd is particularly good at communicating and very prompt with responses. We felt comfortable asking questions of any type before and during the project. The format for computing the cost estimate was clear and easy to understand and the final bill was the same as the estimate. Todd and his crew were great to work with. Overall, we were very pleased and our house was beautifully painted.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

05/24/2020

Alan L.

Excellent color consultation and advance planning. Very patient with our decision process. Crew was on time, courteous, responsive to all requests. Work itself was outstanding. Prep work was meticulous. Every detail was covered. Final result is beautiful. Price was competitive. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Paint exterior siding and trim

02/09/2020

Jason E.

What a great group of professionals! Todd was responsive, timely and professional from quote to job completion. Staff was clean and knowledgable. I recommend Woodland Painting to everyone. Thank you!

Description of Work
Ceiling texture removal and paint

11/29/2019

Tim H.

Worked hard but seemed rushed. Did a poor job of protecting the floors, doors and windows. Disappointed that they only used a flimsy poly sheeting not heavier paint tarps. The poly was not secured other than at the baseboards, thus not sure how protective it was. It moved as walked upon. The doors and windows not protected at all. There was roller splatter on our wood floors beyond the poly, and on door handles. Did not remove items such as heat registers, cold air returns, thermostats and other wall items but rather just painted around them which is a lazy way to paint. Should have inquired about their pricing in more detail, as over charged for material and labor was terribly expensive for the short time they worked.

Description of Work
Paint living room and family room

08/08/2019

Don M.

Todd, Andrew and Issac did a great job painting the exterior of my house. They were conscientious, shared their expertise and made sure the work was done to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior sanding, caulking and painting.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

08/05/2019

Donnie P.

After doing our research, we contacted Heath and his team from Woodland Painting to paint the exterior of our home. Heath detailed the process, what was covered, the cost and timing, etc., so we knew exactly what to expect from start to finish. His painters were hardworking, professional, thorough, very respectful. They made sure everything was to our liking and even went around the house, room by room, to ensure that all of the windows would open correctly after their frames were painted. I can't say enough about the quality of their work. We will definitely reach out to Woodland Painting again for all of our home painting needs.

Description of Work
Home's Exterior

04/17/2019

Nancy D.

The team did an excellent job. Our house is nearly 100 years old, so the plaster walls are not in perfect condition. They stripped off all of old wall paper and re-plastered areas that needed work, both on walls and ceiling. They were consistent with their arrival and departure times and always clean and professional. They completely cleaned the area each night so that we were able to use the kitchen over the three days that they were here. We would definitely recommend them and would use them again. Price was neither the cheapest nor the most expensive. I believe that we got good value from our investment.

Description of Work
Kitchen wallpaper stripping, wall repair and painting of walls and ceiling

10/16/2018

Katie S.

Woodland Painting did an excellent job. Todd was very responsive and listened to all my concerns. He walked me through the process they would go through for each part of the job and gave suggestions. The painting crew was very detail-oriented and friendly. The cost was also very reasonable. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Enamel work and painting kitchen cabinets

09/19/2018

Vina M.

Requested quote on 9/4 and received email that day from the company through Angie's List to contact Heath directly to schedule appointment. Sent text to Heath on 9/4 without response. Called & left voicemail for Heath on 9/5 and got a return call. After talking through our painting need of the next few weeks, Heath informed us that they were scheduled out until the end of November. He encouraged us to call back if we were unable to find someone sooner.

Description of Work
Interior rooms painting

08/07/2018

Susan M.

Todd was super responsive and professional. Did a color consult with me for free. This man knows his colors! His crew did a great job and I will hire them again!

Description of Work
Had three upstairs bedrooms with vaulted ceilings painted (both walls and ceilings).

07/22/2018

HARRIETT V.

This was an extremely positive process. Todd Anderson, the owner was extremely responsive to my initial request for the estimate, very detailed in the estimate itself, and involved throughout the process in supervising his crew. The ceiling work is very messy and tedious, but Chad and the crew were very diligent in causing the least amount of inconvenience to me in the process. Every day cleanup was done to the best extent possible. I couldn't be happier with the end result. Beautiful smooth white cathedral ceilings! The painting was perfect even on the difficult iron stair railing. I would recommend them and have already scheduled more work with them.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removed, master bedroom painted

07/14/2018

James B.

Todd was responsive, professional, and did great work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Interior painting of a condo including ceilings and a small area of ceiling drywall repair.

01/30/2018

Shawn S.

I was very impressed with Woodland on all aspects. Todd, one of the owners came out a couple weeks ago to give me a quote for all the work I needed done. I was blown away by the price in that it was far below than I was expecting. I've always heard of horror stories of how professional painting companies are high buck. For the quantity of sq. footage I had I expected to pay double if not more than I did. Todd also explained that he has a crew of 12 and does NOT subcontract out, which was important to me. The crew of three showed up exactly when Todd said they would be there. The guys were very respecting and pleasant to deal with. They were able to finish in one day and when finished they did a great job at cleaning up the place and made sure no mess was left behind. I couldn't be happier with the colors that Todd helped me pick out and now the kitchen and dining room really POP. Portobello Red rocks!!! I will be using Woodland for future projects, painting of any size is just not for me and frankly the price is just perfect for any budget conscious consumer and quality is NOT sacrificed! Seriously, after the guys left I took a flash light to all the corners and walls trying to find drip marks or imperfections, I could find nothing and no streaks of any kind. The patching that was done to fill minor nail holes, screw holes or even a deep nick was not noticeable at all that the area had been patched. Todd and his partner have a great thing going here, don't change your business recipe!!!

Description of Work
I had the below painted: Kitchen Dining Room 1 Living Room Wall Walls leading to downstairs 10x20' Room

01/29/2018

Lisa & Michael Z.

Can not say enough positive things about Heath and Brandon. From start to finish we had a great experience! Heath called me within two hours of the voicemail that I left him and he came to our house within 3 days. We contacted him about some interior and exterior painting. He gave an honest assessment of what needed and did not need to be done. Very professional and user friendly and stayed in contact constantly throughout the process. Communications were clear. He rearranged our original scheduled date to accommodate our need to go out of town. On the day of, Brandon’s partner could not make it....no complaining, great attitude, project completed within quoted time and the finished product was perfect. The lines between the ceiling color and the wall color are even, no paint on floors, baseboards or bathroom fixtures. Neat, efficient, respectful of our home and we hardly knew that he was here. Heath checked in on site every day and helped on day two for the second team member was still unable to work. There is an obvious respect for co workers and clients. We recommended Woodland Painting to our Interior Design professional. Look no further...these are your guys!

Description of Work
Ceilings and Walls in Master Bedroom and Bathroom

10/23/2017

Vicki E.

We are very pleased with Woodland from start to finish. Along with the walls, we also asked for a quote to paint the ceiling where the damage was assuming that the patch would look too bright against a 23 year old kitchen ceiling, however, they were able to patch and retexture the spot and use some Kilz. It is barely noticeable. They could have easily just painted the whole ceiling and not mentioned the patching option. Very honest and above board! I'd highly recommend these folks to anyone! We will be using them for our future painting needs.

Description of Work
Interior painting for two story entryway and connecting walls. Patchwork to popcorn ceiling damaged by water (down to dry wall).

09/19/2017

Jennifer L.

Emailed and requested an estimate for exterior services but never received a response. I emailed again just over a week later and received a very prompt response from Todd. We set a date and time (via Angie's List messages) for the estimate to be done 2.5 weeks later. They never showed for the appointment. Very frustrating as they have a high rating and I really want the work to be done, but two attempts to reach them + a no-show for an appointment doesn't seem like dependable service.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate for work to be done on the exterior of our home.

Category garage doors, pressure washing, house painters

I apologize [Member Name Removed] I had you down for the wrong date. That is my fault and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

09/12/2017

Jennifer B.

The 3 man crew did a phenomenal job! They were meticulous and detailed with everything. We were extremely impressed with their work. They were punctual, professional, and considerate. We were concerned the power washing and painting would be a problem for our occupied bat house. Although it was creepy to deal with, they were careful of it but didn't skimp on painting or washing around it. They removed and re-caulked every window, door, and board. They taped off everything! I just can impress what a great job they did.

Description of Work
Painting of two story cedar sided house with walkout basement plus deck, garage doors and front door.

07/21/2017

Patti O.

Quality of work was excellent. Very thorough in ensuring every corner and edge was perfect, cleaned up at the end of every day. John and Joel were fantastic - very friendly, hard-working. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with the work they did. I will contact Woodland again for any additional services needed in the future.

Description of Work
Painting of entire interior of home.

07/14/2017

annelie B.

They were very good. They were reliable and professional.

06/10/2017

Pamela A.

We are very happy with the job. Todd provided us with a detailed estimate (much appreciated), and he kept in touch with us if there were any schedule changes for the work to be done. The 4-man crew that did the work were professional and friendly and seemed to work very well together. We were impressed with the detail of prep work they did. Clean-up was great too. We would definitely recommend Woodland Painting to friends.

Description of Work
Exterior house staining, (2 coats) including garage door, front door. Lots of prep work and caulking.

05/29/2017

Fred S.

Great. All work completed on time and in a professional manner. Care was taken to protect trees and property close to the fence.

Description of Work
Paint the fence around our property.

04/24/2017

John H.

Todd at Woodland was great to work with as was his crew, Chad and Andrew, who were outstanding. Their work was the best painting job we've ever had done. Chad was very fussy about making sure everything was done just right. I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Woodland painted 4 rooms and also did some Sheetrock patching.

04/13/2017

Edward L.

Great team, were wonderful to work with. Job was completed to my satisfaction and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Stairwell painting, including the ceiling

04/10/2017

DENISE F.

We moved out of state and then put our house on the market. We needed most of the inside of the house painted. They were very flexible and very helpful. They did a great job painting!

Description of Work
Interior painting

04/10/2017

Ryan S.

Todd was extremely responsive with pricing and got the job done quickly and professionally. The crew was great.....timely, polite, and very accommodating with additional requests/changes. Working with them was a great experience. Todd even stopped over a few days after the crew had finished to touch up a spot I hadn't even noticed!

Description of Work
We had all the dark exterior trim on our home painted off-white.