Classic Automotive Repair

Founded 1989 • With Angi since January 2007

34343 MOUND RD

Sterling Heights, MI 48310

Complete automotive mechanical and electrical repair. Front end, suspension, AC, engine and electrical issues....

10/24/2020

richard M.

I took my car to Classic Auto for a new alternator. When a took the car in the radio was on and when I picked up the car the radio was fried. They said its not their responsibility. It cost me $800 get my radio replaced. They said they couldn’t have shorted out the radio because they replace alternators all the time and couldn’t make that kind of mistake. Next step is small claims court.

Description of Work
Replaced alternator.

12/26/2016

Alan K.

Went great recommend these guys for your vehicle repair. I will be going back.

Description of Work
Replaced alternator

12/04/2015

MARIAN L.

Very well, they live up to the reputation of the comments left on Angie's List. I called on the phone and explained my suspicions of a leaking brake line because liquid was on my garage floor and when I drove the car out of the garage the brakes were extremely low. The fluid on the floor looked dark amber in color, like animal urine (dog pee I told the man over the phone and he laughed). I was told that brake fluid is clear, but if it was the brake line failure to have the car towed in to be safe. I checked the brake fluid reservoir and it was empty, so I refilled it. Then since the brakes functioned okay I slowly drove the car to Classic Automotive Repair followed by my sister in her truck. I met Al and his employee, who I'd spoken with earlier, and left the car overnight for diagnosis of the problem. They called me the next morning with a quote and told me the job would be completed that day. I picked up my "washed" and repaired car and was on my way. Another satisfied customer...

Description of Work
Replaced brake line, flushed system and replaced fluid on my 2006 Suburban.

Category auto repair,towing

10/15/2015

Chris S.

Everything went perfectly! Another shop quoted me $600 for this repair and the dealership was even higher. These folks cut that in half using the same pump and proper fluids. It's all in the labor charges and markups. These people have been amazing to me and everyone I've sent to them since I moved back to Michigan 2 1/2 years ago. I'm so glad they're in business here. Their prices are the most reasonable you will find anywhere, they do solid quality work, and are probably the most honest people I have ever met in the car repair business. Please don't ever retire!!!!!

Description of Work
Water pump and coolant flush for a 2006 Toyota Prius

08/28/2015

Michael L.

Professional and personable. Great first experience. I have a new auto mechanic and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Took my 2005 RAV4 in for a 120k mile checkup and minor repairs. I was a first time customer and they could have taken full advantage of me by piling on expensive replacements. They looked everything over and stated the vehicle was in great shape and only needed rear brakes and normal 120k mile stuff like spark plugs, trans fluid change, cabin filter etc. Total bill less than $600.

06/10/2015

Thelma O.

He got me in right away. Found that I just needed a new battery. Didn't try to sell me anything else. I have taken in several different makes and models of cars. They tell what needs to be fixed immediately and what can wait.

Description of Work
Diagnostic and new battery.

06/05/2015

Joni D.

Very well. Polite and courteous

Description of Work
Diagnosed car free of charge

05/28/2015

Vincent M.

Classic Auto did a great job on my 2004 Toyota Camry. The car was ready when they promised. They kept me informed of the progress every step of the way and showed me the faulty parts they took off the car. Al is a great communicator and explained exactly what was wrong with the car in clear, easy-to-understand language. Based on my experience, I recommend Classic Auto without any reservation.

Description of Work
Repaired non-running 04 Toyota Camry.

05/03/2015

paul P.

Dropped car off in afternoon,the vehicle was running poorly. The owner called a few hours later with the diagnosis. He explained in detail what the problem was, gave me a quote for the complete repair. I have now used their services twice,both times I was very pleased with the outcome. You definitely get old school service here. They know their stuff.

Description of Work
Replaced front wheel bearing,serpentine belt,and oil sending unit.

09/11/2014

Nancy B.

We have gone to Classic Auto several times now. They are honest and straightforward. We have brought vehicles in and have gone home with no bill when they found nothing was wrong even though they performed labor to check the vehicle. Other times there have been minimal charges for minor problems. There service is prompt and efficient. A thorough explanation is always given with courtesy and caring. The work they do is excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced EGR valve. Also performed safety inspection, oil change, air conditioning check w/dye, added freon.

Category auto repair,car inspections

AE Auto Care

AE Auto Care is a full service preventive maintenance and auto repair center in Livonia, Michigan. AE Auto Care services and repairs all domestic and imported cars and trucks. Bring in your imported and domestic auto, SUV, or pickup today with complete confidence that your auto will be serviced or repaired correctly the first time. Don't be worried about the factory warranty on your new car! We have the staff, skills, training, and equipment necessary to perform all required maintenance on your new car or truck while maintaining your warranty. We are the preferred alternative to the dealership for all scheduled maintenance of your personal car or truck, as well as your fleet vehicle. You'll be hard-pressed to find the same level of expertise that our auto mechanic specialists provide! We have years of experience working on both domestic and import vehicles of all makes and models and can work with you to find cost-effective repair and maintenance alternatives. We have been specializing in Car Care Services, General Services, Undercar Services, Heating and Cooling Services, Electrical Services, Transmission Services, Electronic Services, Internal Engine Services, Heavy-Duty Services, Towing and Miscellaneous Services since 1981. For a high-performing vehicle, trust AE Auto Care with your car, truck, or van. To learn more about the services we offer, stop in or give us a call to let us know how we can help you! AE Auto Care Code of Ethics: • To perform high-quality repair at a fair price. • To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed. • To use only proven high-quality merchandise. • To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable. • To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request. • To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer. • To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventative maintenance. • To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services. • To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer. • To follow state regulations. • To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept. • To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession. • To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's concerns We offer Auto Repair Shop, Wheel Alignment Service, Oil Change Service, Transmission Shop, Tire Shop, Brake Shop, Auto Radiator Repair Service, Wheel Store, Mechanic, Auto Repair, Brake Service, Transmission Repair, Tires, Brakes, Wheels and Tires, Wheels, Car Repair, Auto Shop, Discount Tires, Brake Pads, Auto Tune Up, Tune Up Shop, Tuneup, Struts, Wheel Alignment, Light Truck Repair, SUV Repair, Internal Engine Services, Towing

RC Trans & Gear

R C Trans & Gear Inc in Royal Oak, Michigan is a locally owned and operated auto repair shop specializing in transmission and clutch services. We have over 40 years of experience in the transmission repair industry and look forward to serving you. Be sure to ask about our warranty!!

Dustmen Electric LLC

Dustmen Electric LLC is Michigan's first choice in Electrical Repair & Design service. We specialize in all phases of residential, commercial, and industrial electrical repairs. Let us solve your rewiring, lighting, and service upgrades. Interested in saving money on your electrical bill? Call us today and ask about our low voltage lighting solutions. Looking to remodel your home or business? Don't forget to call Dustmen Electric LLC to expertly design and install a lighting design plan to show off your space. We specialize in electrical lighting design, and have the skill-set and design expertise to outfit your home with gorgeous custom electrical design features. Dustmen Electric LLC has been a locally owned and operated electrical contractor for Troy and the surrounding areas since 2006. We are Michigan's premiere electrician and proud of our courteous, clean, and timely technicians. We can solve any electrical repair, electrical service upgrades, and rewiring issues. Call us today...We'll be at your beck and call!

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing

Brakes, ABS diagnosis and repair, full service oil change, heating and air conditioning, internal engine repairs, engine tune up, engine light diagnosis, scheduled maintenance, heating and air conditioning, transmissions, axles, U-joints and drive shafts, differential repairs, power steering pumps, rack and pinion, suspension, fuel pumps, emission control, electrical shorts, door locks, window motors, starters and alternators, batteries, cooling system, water pumps and radiators.

Tires or glass