Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2010

Dr. Sweep recognizes that homeowners do not normally look up a chimney. So, it is our job to get dirty, go up your chimney, and ensure that everything is clean, repaired, and safe. As customer safety is number one, we treat your home as if it is ours and ensure that all is safe. Additional email -

4.4

chimney sweep (568)fireplace services (173)gutter cleaning (148)gas fireplace repair (97)chimney repair (80)dryer vent cleaning (49)chimney cap repair (49)masonry (46)roof cleaning (13)gas leak repair (13)concrete repair (11)decks & porches (7)

11/10/2022

Joanne S.

Johnny was scheduled to come between 9am and 1pm. He didn't show up. He called at 1:15pm to say he was running late, and was an hour and 10 minutes away. I told him no, that I was cancelling.

Description of Work
Never showed

Work Completed On 11/10/2022

07/20/2022

Gail N.

The salesperson was great, seemed very knowledgeable. First appointment was set to start the job a few weeks later and then they canceled the day before the work was to start via EMAIL, no phone call about this sudden cancellation and day change just an email. In the email I was told it was rescheduled to the day after the original scheduled date, which was the day we were leaving on vacation so couldn't do that day. I was also told by the office staff this job (which included laying cement) was a one day job, which was not true. So, it was rescheduled 3 WEEKS later. Originally pictures were taken by the salesperson of all the repairs that needed to be made (I was sent a copy of these pics). Clearly in the picture my porch steps had a metal railing attached to the step. No one told us WE needed to remove it. The man doing the work shows up and tells us we need to remove the railing and left. Obviously he never looked at the pictures. There was plenty more work we were to have done not related to the porch he could have done so not sure why he didn't at least do that work. Their office staff gave me wrong information numerous times and didn't seem to know what was going on. When we decided to cancel our job with them one of the office staff (won't mention her name) was to call my husband back the same day about getting our deposit back and it's over 2 weeks later and still no call back. We did finally get our deposit back but never a phone call letting us know this was happening. From beginning to end all the excuses and dealings with this company were sketchy and unprofessional and I didn't feel comfortable using their company. So this whole situation now delayed us 2 + months getting our work done and we now have to start over finding another company which is now in the middle of their busy season. Dr. Sweep maybe fine cleaning chimneys, but not so much with their handling of their masonry customers.

Description of Work
Masonry and front steps replaced

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

06/16/2022

Julian C.

Excellent work, fast, left my wood chimney looking clean and ready for use and even gave advice on how to use it properly and ensure it lasts a long time. Will hire again.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 06/16/2022

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We hope to work with you again soon!

10/28/2021

Sarah S.

I have been their customer for over 10 years. This year the priced literally doubled, then they called the day before their appointment, said they had to reschedule, gave me two possible new dates a month later. I had it, switched to another company on Angi list with better reviews, same price and service offered within a week of my call. They don't value long term customers or our time (took off work to accommodate the 5 hour window they demand).

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

11/22/2020

Monica P.

Our Chimney sweep, Jason, did and excellent job. First he inspected up on the roof top. Then he cleaned and did a safety inspection of our gas insert. He explained what he found and how we can use our fireplace more safely. He answered our questions and gave recommendations for our future fireplace remodel.

Description of Work
Cleaned our gas fireplace with a total inspection of our chimney up to our rooftop.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Thank you for feedback, we appreciate your business!

11/15/2020

Wudman A.

did not give quote only it will cost alot. he did not tell us weather he can fix it or not. so we are still calling to find another person that has experience in heat & glo system.

Description of Work
chimney heat & glo system

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

03/10/2020

Jack H.

Very good. He came in and he was very polite. He was very clean on his job site.

Description of Work
They checked my fireplace to make sure it was running alright.

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you in the future

03/09/2020

Norma G.

Very professional company, great follow-up and service tech, Randy was friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
chimney sweep

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business!

02/27/2020

CLARESTA I.

They are overprice, but the service was good. They had good follow up and sent pictures of who is coming to your house. They wear protection and clean up after themselves. Before they left, they as if I had a questions.

Description of Work
They had to relight a firepit on a fireplace.

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

[Member Name Removed]. We so appreciate your kind words. As for the price, I can offer you a coupon for the gas log tune ups in the future! I'll email you the details. Thanks again!

02/27/2020

Zach C.

The service went very well, workers were very efficient, they worked quickly and carefully. The pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning Service

Work Completed On 02/26/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreicate your kind words!!

10/25/2018

Kevin E.

the job went very quickly and very professionally I remember the young man's name Allan slate was a very professional gentleman

Description of Work
chimney repair chimney caps and chimney sweeping

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

08/04/2017

Joe S.

Sloppy, low quality products, over priced and it looks ridiculous. Had to hire another company to that cared about their work and quality.

Description of Work
Replace chimney flue and precast top.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

04/25/2017

Julie B.

This was by far the worst experience with a contractor I've ever had. The length of the job took over 6 months due to "no shows" even after they called to confirm and not showing up with required materials. Despite numerous requests, I was unable to receive documentation of the estimated cost of the job (with a breakdown ) until the end which ended up being $1000 more than verbally agreed upon. The install was sloppy requiring a new company to come in and fix it. The owner left threatening messages that he would harm my property if we didnt pay the extra thousand dollars despite telling him we would be going to small claims court. The harassment was so severe we had to file a complaint with the police department. We ended up paying the money as the owner is truly mentally unstable and we have young children in the home. Do not use this company for any reason!!! P.s the address in Oakland county is a p.o. Box. They are actually located in Mt. Clemens and was difficult for the police to track.

Description of Work
Install ventless fireplace

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

12/14/2016

Cathy M.

Excellent. I never seen a company work so fast to make something happen so quickly

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was not working, I was told by another company I had to purchase a new one. I did not they came and repaired.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

10/03/2016

Ken M.

Initial estimate and agent was knowledgeable and courteous. Afterwards, extremely poor follow-up from the company. I waited for over 10 weeks, they never scheduled the job. I was informed there was difficulty locating a match for the masonry. I would have preferred a call to inform me they elected not to do the work. Instead they led me to believe they would deliver after I accepted the proposal. Numerous phone calls were never returned by management.

Description of Work
Masonry / Chimney

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

02/09/2016

Kristen P.

The service providers were very knowledgeable, kind, and professional. While they were about an hour later than the original time frame I was given, they did call me a couple hours prior to let me know they were on a job that was going to take longer than anticipated. I appreciated the insight and honesty upfront by them. They did a great job and I feel much better and safe using the gas fireplace.

Description of Work
The two providers were able to inspect my gas fireplace, confirm it's safety, clean it, and showed me proper ways to operate it.

Work Completed On 02/06/2016

01/27/2016

Kathleen M.

great. No charge for service. I was not pleased with how difiicult the gas logs were to light and he spent some time explaining why I should keep the pilot lit istead of on and off all the time. No charge, wore booties in my home even though I told him he didn't need to bother, very nice, on time

Description of Work
checked pilot light

Category chimney sweep, gas logs

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

01/22/2016

martin R.

wood burning ash pit probably not fully cleaned for 90 years. Conner neatly and efficiently took care of job and we are now good to go for another 90 years. Pit was fully filled and we could no longer use without emptying each time.

Description of Work
clean out filled fireplace ash pit from basement.

Work Completed On 01/22/2016

01/16/2016

Bonnie B.

I did not use these services. I do not like your survey as it does not give me an option for n/a for overall score

Description of Work
I did not use these services

Work Completed On 01/16/2016

01/12/2016

Lincoln G.

In a phrase...below average workmanship. Performed a chimney cap cement repair and did a very sloppy job.

Description of Work
Cement chimney cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

12/19/2015

Antonio P.

Work was completetd satisfactorily but it seems that $99 for 4 hours masonry work was not applied as advertised. The subcontracor did not seem to have any idea how coupon works other than to subtract $99 from his price.

Description of Work
Replace a few bricks and filled mortar joiints

Category chimney sweep, masonry