Matrix Home Solutions

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2019

Now Offering A COVID-19 Stimulus Program • $0 down • Up to $2,000 in immediate cash rebates • 12 months no payment, no interest program that rolls into a low payment, low interest plan as low as 2.99%! • Now offering VIRTUAL/REMOTE consultations We are a locally owned and operated basement finishing specialist servicing both Southeast Michigan (Detroit/Ann Arbor) and the Chicagoland area. Our focus is providing clients with a clear, upfront vision of expectations through a design/build approach. Our FREE design service provides potential customers with a collaborative consultation geared towards budget, wants, needs and lifestyle. Aside from providing great ideas, Matrix will furnish at NO COST a 3D rendering and detailed line-by-line proposal that is guaranteed for 1 year. Matrix Basement Systems is a "ONE STOP SHOP" for basement finishing and by virtue of our unique, customer-focused process, we have became one of the Nation's largest home remodeling companies. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction and providing a great working experience throughout the construction process. Finishing your basement has never been easier! Call today for a free, no obligation design consultation!...

home remodeling2020
Happy bathroom customers
Happy Bathroom Customers project

home remodeling

2020

basement remodeling (43)home remodeling (7)bathtub refinishing (7)lighting (6)electrician (6)drywall (5)

06/24/2022

Jeremiah B.

Process was very well organized, and was finished at a pretty fast pace

Description of Work
Basement renovation

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

06/24/2022

Mike B.

Very good. Finished product was excellent

Description of Work
Basement bath

Category bathtub refinishing, electrician, lighting, remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

10/18/2021

Rafi S.

Matrix did an excellent job installing a bathroom in my basement. Steve was incredible in coordinating the different work that needed to be completed and there were many variables for him to juggle. My bathroom shower is probably the nicest in Southeastern Michigan (not bragging - I'd post pictures if I could). Steve's teams did an excellent job getting everything done and making it look as luxurious as possible. The only constructive feedback I have for the company is that the pricing was very steep considering that I believe many steps in the process may have been eliminated; the sales rep was not familiar with every scope of work necessary which made things confusing for Steve (the Project Foreman), and there was an additional individual whom I never corresponded with which made me wonder if there are too many folks involved to keep the pricing affordable. I paid to install the bathroom what I wanted to pay to complete the entire basement and I had to complete some of the work myself to include painting and flooring installation. Overall the quality of the work is tremendous, however, I still think there's opportunity to restructure the approach to completing projects that could drop the pricing down for the consumer. I would definitely hire the company again as they do incredible work and I couldn't be happier with my completed bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom installation in basement

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

06/13/2021

Todd C.

They are very good at communicating in an effort to set up appointments and give you their presentation. We were discussing a master bath remodel and during the discussion they candidly admitted it was probably in my best interests to have them focus on replacing the shower alcove. It is a very normal 32 x 48 shower with three walls and a glass door. The purpose of this review is not to complain about the company because we chose not to go with them. The purpose is to make sure the public has some advanced knowledge of what this company will offer, from a sales standpoint, so that your expectations are in place and you do not waste your time. The quote to replace that shower with one made of three acrylic walls, a preformed shower pan, a Delta or Moen fixture, and a glass shower door was nearly $17,000. That was with a supposed number of discounts. The last comment I would make is that the sales person told us some of the discounts would go away the moment he walked out the door. I am not a huge fan of any company that would try a tactic like that when seeking an exorbitant amount of money. In fact, I’ve never had a contractor tell me the price will go up the second he/she walks out the door, and I find that tactic a little concerning. So please do your research and establish your price point in advance of contacting them. I’ve got no idea if the acrylic walls cost that much or not, but as a comparison, by contacting a plumber and tile company directly, we were able to secure a quote to replace it with the same type of preformed shower pan, the same style glass door, a Delta shower fixture, and real porcelain tile for a tad under $5000. Each customer can decide whether their system is worth triple the cost or not, but please don’t go into this thinking they offer any savings compared to genuine tile showers.

Description of Work
Shower enclosure

Work Completed On 06/13/2021

02/01/2021

colleen O.

Scheduled a quote.... cancelled 30 min prior. Rescheduled again.... cancelled 30 min prior. Same excuse both times. Decided to reschedule just to see what would happen.... and they were a no-show. Expected it. Would never give my hard earned money to a company that strings you along!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

01/12/2021

Geonisha W.

Matrix Basement Solutions paired my husband and me with a skillful field foreman named Contonio (Rico) Hill. Rico provided excellent service. He made sure Matrix Basements met all of our needs with exceeding expectations. From start to finish, if we asked any questions during the way, Rico provided detailed answers and made sure our understanding was clear. As first-time homeowners, our experience with this company was a pleasant one. Rico made any doubts we had along the way vanish because his knowledge and expertise made us feel as if we made a great choice with using this company for our first significant project, our first home. If possible, I would highly recommend using this company and request Contonio (Rico) Hill as your foreman. He treats your home and project as if it was his home. Thank you, Matrix and Rico, for providing excellent customer service. We would recommend this company to anyone considering a significant renovation in their family home.

Description of Work
Complete Basement

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

12/15/2020

Daniel C.

After searching Angieslist, I reached out to Matrix for a quote. I ultimately hired Matrix and the everything went as planned. Very responsive to my needs and we love the finished project. Matrix did a complete staircase rebuild that is stunning. Steve Trevino was the project lead and he did a great job of communicating details and timing. The company uses the buildertrend app which helped with scheduling, payments, etc.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Review for Matrix Home Solutions - 36082 Industrial Rd, Livonia, MI - 39087197

11/17/2020

Joseph J.

Terrible. Very difficult to deal with. No-show for appointments because my spouse could not be there. I'm retired and she is a school teacher. I'm available but with all that is expected of teachers in these times, she just is not available for an initial appointment. I don't know if it is because I am a retiree or because my wife is an essential worker, but this company makes us feel very uncomfortable. I am not having this problem with other companies. My advise is to steer clear of these guys.

Description of Work
Couldn't get a quote.

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/10/2020

Joanna M.

They called me about 6 times in one day. I finally answered because they were calling me at 9 at night. They found me on Angie’s list. They made an appointment to come by. They canceled within 2 hours of the appointment. I didn’t call them back to reschedule. I got a bad vibe!

Description of Work
Remodeling bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

09/13/2020

Sue K.

They never showed up. They cancelled within an hour of the appointment, twice!

Description of Work
Finish basement and fence in the back yard.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

09/05/2020

Stacey W.

I had an appointment set up for them to come out an give us a quote on 8/31/20 they texted me 25min before schedule to cancel the appt. I rescheduled for today 9/5/20 and once again recieve a text message 30 min before schedule to cancel our appointment once again. I called them to tell them I am very upset and they try offering me just 500.00 off of our quote. Sorry but they will not get the job.

Description of Work
Complete masterbath remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

07/02/2020

Naveen H.

Requested a Quote, set up an appointment time. They changed my appointment date without notice and couldn't accommodate me for a week. I had worked around to make time for this appointment. Really Bad Business ethics.

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

08/23/2019

Joseph I.

Matrix Basement Systems finished our basement in Macomb, MI over the last 8 weeks or so. We have been very happy watching the transformation take place. What was once a dirty storage area with concrete walls is now a brand new living space, complete with a full bathroom, full kitchen/dining area, game room and theatre. We always felt very comfortable having Matrix and their teams working on our basement, even when we weren't able to be home at all times. We received updates almost daily from our project manager, Steve. We always knew what was happening and what was next. We are very excited to be able to host events in our new space as we show it off to our friends and family. We highly recommend Matrix to those looking for a basement project to go smoothly.

Description of Work
Complete Basement Remodel

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

07/30/2019

Lauren H.

Matrix surpassed our expectations in every way. Every member of their staff from the initial salesman to the workers laying the flooring was professional, courteous, and thorough. The workmanship on the walls showed a level of artistic craftsmanship that gave the whole basement the wow-factor. Ceiling, carpet and flooring are all top quality. Nate and Rolando went above and beyond doing their job. Nate cut and “puzzled-pieced” together over 700 square feet of barnwood making it look incredible. Rolando was meticulous in his prearation and skill in installing our brick. Most of all Matrix worked and communicated with us throughout the entire process to make sure the work was being done on time and the way that we had asked for. Jamie Verhines was an accessible, conscientious Field Manager who listened and made some important suggestions that made us feel confident that we were in good hands. We had the feeling throughout the entire process that our basement was Matrix’s top priority and that is a good feeling. Everything looks beautiful and we are very pleased. Paul and Lauren Huetteman Howell, MI

Description of Work
Basement was completely remodeled from ceiling to floor.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

06/28/2019

jack C.

When we signed the Matrix contract in June 28,2018 for basement work we were told it would be done the end of October or the first of November 2018. We told them that was good because we go to Arizona the end of December 2018. When we left all that was done was rough: framing, plumbing, electrical and ceiling. In May 2019 Matrix started work again and finally June 17, 2019 the final inspection was done. If Matrix overbooked jobs, Matrix should let the customer the customer know and not leave them hanging. Being overbooked was probably why the drywall job and the soffit run to cover the ceiling beam was less than professional. We give the following grades: grade A to the project manager, the other work teams. grade C to Matrix as a company. Thank you, Jack and Bonnie Childs

Description of Work
basement finishing

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

01/30/2019

Tamara M.

We are very pleased with our finished basement! Matrix did an awesome job and everyone that we came in contact with was very friendly and knowledgeable about the work they were doing. I would definitely recommend Matrix to anyone else that is looking to finish or renovate their basement!

Description of Work
Basement Finished

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

09/14/2018

Candie C.

Matrix Basement Systems did a good job on our basement. The workers paid attention to details, such as the crown molding. The spray painted ceiling looks very good as well as the rest of the basement. There were some glitches along the way, which is to be expected, but overall, we are satisfied with the final product, as of today.

Description of Work
Basement Finishing

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

09/14/2018

Matthew H.

Went very well and was done to our exact specs. They worked with us to accommodate any changes/minor repairs

Description of Work
basement Refinishing

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

09/03/2018

Paul B.

Matrix did a terrific job with our basement -- from start to finish their team was professional and reliable. The craftsmen who worked on our home were great -- very capable, pleasant and good at what they do! Timing was unfortunately longer than we had expected, owning to a very busy summer for Matrix and the township inspection schedule, but the Matrix team worked with us every step of the way, and the final result is just what we hoped for.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

Review for Matrix Home Solutions - 36082 Industrial Rd, Livonia, MI - 37370198

08/27/2018

Jason P.

They did a great job and were very professional. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They finished my basement.

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

08/24/2018

Patrick W.

We could not be happier with how are basement turned out. Matrix did a great job and we love it. towards the end of the project my wife wanted to change some moldings on the stairs and Matrix sent their finishing guys in and had it done in 2 days, no questions asked. they came in at the end and made sure that everything was done to our satisfaction Great job.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

08/15/2018

Len G.

I reviewed most of the larger basement finishing companies. By far Matrix impressed me the most. Their online pictures and videos are fantastic and gave me a lot of great ideas. I did the initial design on my basement. The salesman Ryan Wright greatly improved on my design and gave me what I believe is a reasonable price for the amount of work to be done. My project supervisor Joe Degrave was also available to answer questions and keep me informed of project status. I am more than satisfied with their quality of work. This company has highly trained professionals in every aspect of the project; including construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and flooring. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Complete Basement Finishing

Work Completed On 08/10/2018