Marygrove Awnings

Founded 1933 • With Angi since September 2007

For over 85+ years, Marygrove Awnings has been a resource for the finest ready-to-install awnings. Create a backyard paradise with our high-quality selection of awnings & accessories. Get a FREE estimate and save money on your next retractable awning when you call or submit a form with Marygrove.

2022 Super Service Award

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Retractable Awnings

awnings

2020
Photos of our retractable awnings installed on customer's homes
View project

awnings (35)window treatment (2)

06/28/2022

Francine S.

Derek & Josh were our installers very professional. They did a fantastic job. I have told everyone to call Marygrove. My husband and I are very happy. Thank you, Fran & John Stacewicz

Description of Work
I had a new install on my patio..

Work Completed On 06/28/2022

04/19/2022

Joe V.

They did a very nice job on the installation. They were competent and I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Detachable Awning

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

12/02/2021

George T.

We worked directly with the owner, they provided such good customer service, they respect my property, they didn't want to be paid until they finished the job and made sure we were happy. The staffs are well trained and experienced. Their products are high quality.

Description of Work
They installed awnings and pergola for me.

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

04/17/2019

E T.

The experience was great. The rep was very nice and the price that I was quoted was very reasonable. We will be moving forward.

Description of Work
new awning

Work Completed On 04/14/2019

04/17/2019

Savannah P.

They sent a very kind gentleman out to our home for an FREE estimate, and we were just blown away at the knowledge and amazing customer service we received! Top notch, they went over all their discounts, how the awning would work and look on our home. Even showed us a virtual picture of the awning on our house!!! We were given an install date the same day of our appointment with even better turn around times!! Overall a great experience, everyone must get a Marygrove Awning!!

Description of Work
Retractable Awning

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

07/27/2017

Mark F.

It went very well. My only complaint was that there was not literature (warranty, maintenance instructions, etc.) that came when they installed it. They said that it would be e-mailed to me. It never was. I also had a technical question so I called them. They put me though to the specialist but I had to leave a message. They never called me back.

Description of Work
Installation of a retractable awning

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

07/27/2017

Mark F.

Installation was performed as promised and was on time. The ONLY reason that I gave them a B was that the back-office failed to deliver the initial estimate (via e-mail) and the after installation warranty/final bill/receipt/etc. On both the initial estimate and the final installation I was told that, for the purposes of being "green", all paperwork would be e-mailed to me. I had to call them both times to get the paperwork sent to me. They DID have my e-mail address but just didn't send it.

Description of Work
They installed a 10 x 20 foot retractable awning

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

04/07/2017

Mark C.

They did a great job and were very prompt, professional, didn?t require a down payment and did everything we expected. Our neighbors love it. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We hired them to install a motorized awning and screen for our lanai.

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

02/27/2017

Rick M.

Confusion about accuracy of ad promotion. Company stood behind the ad as printed, which was not in their favor. High marks for integrity. Salesman did not submit order in a timely manner which resulted in a delay in installation.

Description of Work
New awning. Excellent workmanship and follow up.

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

08/23/2015

Mary B.

The installation and ordering process was great. They gave me some "sample photos" where I could choose the best color and design. We LOVE these awnings. However, I should have ordered the wind sensors at the time of installation. They have been up for 2 years and over the time of Spring of 2014 and as of last week, I have contacted them 3 separate times. I called once, I went there two times on a Saturday to order the wind sensors. They seem unable to do this on a Saturday. Last week, I specifically told the salesman that I had asked two separate times for someone to call me to get these installed. 1 week goes by and NO CALL. I have them out now, and I can only put them open so far because of the mild wind and I want the wind sensor as a safety feature. I don't really even remember what I paid for the awnings exactly, because the issue was not with the price or the installation. I am not sure what is so tough about service and follow up but so far, after three attempts to get some help with this, I got no help. It really overshadows the wonderful service and work prior to that. I had even offered to be on their website because of how nice they look but at some point, I can't take time off of work for this minor issue in my life. I am pretty disgusted with businesses that say they are "open on Saturday" but they are not, and with sales that operates better than service!

Description of Work
installed awnings on my waterfront home.

Work Completed On 08/15/2015

05/23/2015

Margaret C.

Salesman was professional and informative, installers were prompt but did not look at the measurements before coming to install the awning, so they arrived with the wrong size brackets. I had to wait an additional week for installation and was only offered a bbq set (which I initially declined since I don't bbq) as compensation for my inconvenience. Once the correct brackets were in hand the installers came and were quick and efficient with the installl.

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awning over a rear deck.

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

05/18/2015

Donald W.

I've been using them for close to 19 years. They're a good outfit to deal with. The workers are professional. It probably takes them 20 minutes to set up the awnings and clean them out.

Description of Work
They come out in the spring and the fall to service my awnings.

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

12/30/2014

Ronald F.

The sales rep was prompt and responsive and provided a great design. The actual installation went smoothly save for the clean-up phase. We had to call to get a crew back to finish clean-up after installation, but they came back out no problem and did a great job of finishing the clean-up. Overall was an outstanding experience - would do it again in a second. Awning looks great - we have received a lot of compliments on it. Our neighbors are now considering installing similar awnings like ours.

Description of Work
We had a fixed awning installed on the back side of our house.

Work Completed On 06/02/2014

08/05/2014

Terry S.

The guys showed up on time and completed the work quickly and efficiently. The end product was exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Replaced two stationary awnings on the front and back of my house.

Work Completed On 07/14/2014

07/30/2014

Joyce R.

Marygrove Awning was very responsive to my first inquiry. It was mid November when I first contacted them and we we had a very tight time frame that the new awning cover needed to be installed. Our awning is over the front of our business and is in a historic district. We could not have the old retractable frame removed and replaced with a newer type. Understandably , the company could not guarantee their work on the existing frame. Not having a guarantee concerned me but under the circumstance we had no choice. The day of installation was bitterly cold and windy. Two workers showed up on time and worked steadily in the bitter cold on a piece of equipment (our old awning frame) they previously had very little if any experience with. I was very impressed with how well they worked. It works beautifully 8 months later and we are pleased. I highly recommend MaryGrove Awning. If you have an old retractable frame like ours this firm is able to step up and take care of the situation. The two guys who worked that very cold rainy day on a very old piece of equipment should be very proud of the job they did.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed new awning cover to fit our existing 100+ year old retractable awning frame.

Work Completed On 12/12/2013

06/11/2014

Kay C.

I was very happy with the job they did. I spent a little over $2000. It was very good. They explained everything to us, they came out and did the work, they let us know what to do once the awning was installed and we've never had any problems since.

Description of Work
I used Marygrove in the middle of May to install awnings for us.

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

06/06/2014

Graham W.

First had the salesman, Jimmy, come out to the home in early April, 2014 and take measurements, show us fabric and we decided on a size (16 x 10) awning. We had first met Jimmy at the Novi Home & Garden show and he was very professional, no pressure, and he gave us estimates at our home for several different size awnings. The work was completed by two installers (Curtis & Alex) on 4/28/14. The installers were prompt, polite and professional. The awning was installed in approximately 90 minutes and looks great. I have had one service call since the installation as one of the support arms was making noise.. I called Jimmy and he had a technician call me within 30 minutes. The technician set up an appointment for the next week and inspected the installation which was fine and immediately took care of the noise issue by applying lubrication. I have been very pleased to date and would recommended Marygrove Awning.

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awing of the back of our garage covering our patio.

Work Completed On 04/28/2014

03/29/2014

Charles B.

They were very prompt. The salesman showed up on time and did the estimate quickly. The company installed the awning withing 2 weeks of the salesman's visit. Installation took about a half hour. The 2 man crew was very professional. There were no problems at all I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed retractable awning

Work Completed On 03/24/2014

01/05/2014

Patricia A.

Jimmy the sales representative was very prompt and reviewed the many options available to us. When it was time for the installation, the team came out and put up the awning. Everything appeared to have gone smoothly, until my husband took a closer look at the work that was done. He discovered that the our new siding above the window and door had been damaged. Jimmy the sales rep, came out that night to assess the situation and determine what could be done to remedy the problem. The original installation team came back out to adjust the awning, but were not prepared to fix the siding. I contacted the company to have the siding repaired. The installation team came back out, but were unable to do the repair. I contacted our siding installer to get a quote for Marygrove on fixing the siding. Marygrove contracted my siding installer to make the repair on the damaged siding. Then Marygrove came back out on Christmas Eve to reinstall the awning. I appreciated Marygrove standing behind their work and making things right. The sign of a quality company.

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awning with shade screen over our deck.

Work Completed On 12/01/2013

06/24/2013

Judith S.

Everything went very well. The salesperson was right on time. She was very knowledgable aabout her product. She explained everthing, told us how the wind sensor worked (We decided we did not one.) and had all the material for us to chose from. The installers were also on time. Did an excellent job of taking down the old awning and putting up the new one. We are very satisfied as our deck had no shade all day.

Description of Work
Installed a motorized awning over our deck

Work Completed On 05/20/2013

05/23/2013

Charles R.

Needed to replace 25 year old rolling (security/storm) shutters over exterior French doors. Everyone we dealt with during pricing/ordering process was great (Dale, Randy, Jason Sr.) Took a bit over a month from time of order to installation- shutters are custom made to fit application. Installation crew ( Curtis, Kyle) did an excellent job. Communication throughout ordering process and installation was excellent as well- always arrived on time or called if running late. Based on this experience, we highly recommend Marygrove.

Description of Work
Replaced rolling security shutters over exterior French doors.

Category awnings, window treatments

Work Completed On 05/09/2013

05/15/2013

Johanna H.

marygrove was quick to set up appointment and give us an estimate. our sales person was very friendly and professional. it diit d take a while to actually get the awning installed once we agreed to the price, etc but it was their busiest season so that was understandable. the work was completed in a timely and professional manner. we did have an issue with the motor just after installation. marygrove sent our a technician very quickly to replace the motor with no hassle and no charge. we would recommend marygrove awning.

Description of Work
contacted marygrove to have a retractable awning installed on our deck.

Work Completed On 06/01/2012