Lane's Appliance Repair

Founded 1980 • With Angi since January 2010

PO Box 21232

Lansing, MI 48909

For more than 30 years, residents and businesses in the Mid-Michigan area have put their trust in Lane’s Repair for their appliance repair and maintenance needs. We offer fast response and in-home or on-site service at a competitive rate. All of our work is backed up by the full manufacturer’s warranty on all parts and labor. Award winning....

03/18/2020

Barbara & David V.

I continue to be impressed with the service from Lane's Appliance Repair. The latest repair was on our KitchenAid dishwasher. Brian D was the repair tech. He is knowledgable, efficient, and professional. In this case, the factory had shipped a wrong part and so Brian had to return a few days later to complete the job. Brian always puts protective covers on his shoes and this time, due to the COVID-19 virus, he also put on a clean pair of gloves before beginning the repair. I find the labor charges to be reasonable. Bottom line, I recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
KitchenAid dishwasher repair

01/24/2020

Patrick S.

Brian D was our service technician. He quickly found our problem and proceeded to thaw the frozen water line which feeds the ice maker. He answered my questions as he made repairs. It was quick job of diagnosing the problem and making the repair. Yes, I would call them again if/when I have another need for their services.

Description of Work
Repaired Ice Maker on Refrigerator

Category appliance repair,small appliance repair

08/26/2019

Russell O.

Bosch's warranty department gave me a list of several appliance repair companies. I made the right choice by calling Lane's Appliance Repair! The operator that took my call was courteous and professional and efficiently took the necessary information to schedule the repair. The technician, Andy V., was friendly and professional. He kept his work space well organized and clean. He proved to be expert at his craft, quickly diagnosing the problem, ordering the correct part, and fixing the machine. He arrived exactly when he promised and completed the repairs within his estimated amount of time. I can't write enough nice things to say about the professionalism and operational excellence at Lane's Appliance Repair.

Description of Work
Warranty repair on my Bosch dishwasher

02/13/2019

DeAndra B.

My service call was set up promptly at a time that worked for everyone. I received a call regarding a cancellation window, so I was able to get the work done even sooner. I was given a window of time, and Brian (service technician) called 30 minutes out. He arrived within the window and diagnosed the problem. He needed to order new hoses for the repair, and we were able to schedule a follow up appt. while he was at the house. The second visit went as smoothly as the first. He was careful, clean (carries a towel for water drips), and gave me a few tips about some other minor issues I was having with the washer. They take all credit cards or a check, so paying for services was simple.

Description of Work
GE frontload washer was pausing during the wash cycle E22

10/17/2018

ed B.

Repairman Chris did not use TFE paste when installing gas line to cooktop. I asked why not? He claimed it was not necessary and he never used it. After he left, I discovered the smell of gas in the cabinet. I turned the gas off and reinstalled the line with the paste. While reinstalling the line I discovered that he had not secured the cooktop to the cabinet. He taped the bracket to shims that were not secured to the cabinet. Totally unprofessional. Hire Lane's Appliance Repair at your own risk. He didn't even leave a receipt for the work!

Description of Work
Install gas cooktop

Category appliance repair

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with our company. I hope that by me reaching out to you yesterday and refunding back the full amount that you paid has shown that I do stand behind our work and address any issues that arise. I have addressed these issues with the technician and taken appropriate actions. As the owner of the company I do not tolerate this kind of poor workmanship and I do not take it lightly.

04/30/2018

Deborah C.

1st visit determined that the ice maker needed to be replaced. Second visit was only a week later. About a month later, I called because the ice maker was not filling the container. He came right back out and found the part was faulty and will return in 3 days with a new part.

Description of Work
Ice Maker Replacement

Category appliance repair

Thank you so much. We are glad you were pleased with the service!

10/30/2017

Ellen S.

Great. Could hardly have been better.

Description of Work
Repair of ice maker in frig - Discovered problem with interior water dispenser during repair which required solenoid replacement. Both were handled efficiently.

Category appliance repair

Thank you so much for the great review. We are really happy that your so happy with the repair. Have a wonderful day!!

09/19/2017

Michael S.

When the "fix" didn't hold, I saw a different Lane's. The new fan often started making noises less than two months after replacement. Their first response was that my 60-day warranty was expired when it wasn't. And then, as you might guess, it didn't make any noise when Andy came out to fix it. He told me to record it when it happens again and call them. I did that a couple of days later and nothing's happened in almost 3 weeks since.

Description of Work
Oven repair - this is follow up to 6/28/2017 review.

09/07/2017

David B.

Suggested I buy a new one even though it was only 5 years old. Took the time to show me why. We did. Brian one of the good ones, even though I had never met him before.

Description of Work
Check out my refrigerator/freezer.

Category appliance repair

Thank You for the great review. Have a great day!!

08/29/2017

Andy P.

Great. On time, fast and reasonable.

Description of Work
Our washing machine stopped working and I guessed it was a broken lid-switch. Andy, from Lane's Repair, came out (on time) and agreed with my assessment. He replaced the switch, the machine works great and they charged a very reasonable fee. I will definitely call them next time I have trouble with an appliance.

Category appliance repair

Thank You for the great review!! We look forward to helping you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Dick's Appliance Service

We Work in a 20 Mile Radius from Lansing's Eastside. We do not service foreign brands such as Samsung, Bosch, etc. We Work on Most Makes & Models, Specializing in Kenmore, Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Frigidaire. Let Us Know You Found Us Online for an Additional Discount. For Your Convenience We Can Service Your Needs After 5 PM M-F & Saturdays by Appointment. Operational Hours: Monday Through Friday - 9:00 AM-5:00 PM

Repair & Service - Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Microwaves, Garbage Disposals, Icemakers, Wine Coolers, & Freezers