Poof Estate Services

Founded 2016 • With Angi since August 2016

P.O. Box 20113

Ferndale, MI 48220

We are a highly skilled estate liquidation company servicing the greater Metro Detroit area. Unlike our competitors we strive to educate and guide our clients through their transition by tailoring an estate sale plan specifically for them. This means focus is placed on creating a successful estate

12/28/2020

Marguerite S.

I called to have to have an estate sale at my house in Ferndale. I was told Allison would call me to discuss coming over to do a walk through. I didn’t hear from her and after two weeks called back. I was told by the receptionist that I didn’t hear from Allison because she looked up my house on Zillow and decided without knowing the contents of the house that it was to small to make fifteen thousand dollars so they are going to pass. I tried to work with a local business that’s based in the same city but apparently they would prefer to only work with houses that are over two thousand square feet because size matters more then content to them.

Description of Work
Estate sale

Category jewelry appraisal, furniture sales, antiques, home staging

05/15/2019

Tammy S.

The estate sale was a great success!! Poof set up and advertised beautifully! They had over 700 customers through the home. It was well organized and employees were stationed throughout the home and kept in contact with each other through 2-way radios. They took into consideration all of my concerns on pricing and contacted me directly on any bids.

Description of Work
Estate sale for home inherited

Category jewelry appraisal

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for sharing this feedback again in addition to your Google review. Again, we are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience on the phone with our company. Our new process post COVID is not without it's flaws and we apologize that we were not able to successfully connect with you after several failed attempts. In an attempt to not keep you waiting any longer for a consultation, our administrator left you a voicemail letting you know why we thought it would be in your best interest to move on to another firm. Thank you for sharing your experience, we will take this into consideration as we continue to improve our process. If you would like to discuss this further please call us directly at 248-955-3082 ex1.

05/15/2019

Elizabeth H.

Awesome. Could’ve done it without poof.

Description of Work
Estate liquidation

Category jewelry appraisal, home & garage organization, auction services, home staging

08/10/2018

Paul K.

We made an appointment and confirmed appointment. Appointment came and went without any contact to reschedule or communication to explain why there was nobody showing up for the appointment.

Description of Work
Estate sale consultation

Category auction services

Hello [Member Name Removed], We would like to sincerely apologize again for any inconvenience our scheduling error has caused you. We are taking this mistake seriously as it is not in line with our standard and reflects poorly on our company. We understand the call made to you once the mishap was noted does not solve the issue but if there is anything we can do to help ease the issue further, please let us know. Sincerely, The Poof Team

07/06/2018

Donna D.

I would highly recommend Poof Estate Services if you are considering doing an estate sale. This group of ladies knows the business and truly excel at it! We were so impressed with all they did! We hired them to run an estate sale at my mother's condo in June, 2018. The ladies were so organized! They were thorough in their research on pricing and the staging of the items for the sale was beautiful. They posted a ton of pictures/descriptions of the items for sale on their website. I'm sure that's why we had such a great turnout of people for a mid-week sale. The communication was great throughout the process. Overall, we were very happy with their service!

Description of Work
Estate Sale

Category jewelry appraisal, furniture sales, antiques, auction services

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, [Member Name Removed]! We very much enjoyed working with your family and are thankful that you would hire us again if ever needed.

04/21/2018

Lauretta F.

Wonderful company. Hard working young women. Always concerned for our happiness with their service. Did what they said they would do, when they said it would be done. Effiecient and professional.

Description of Work
estate sale

01/14/2018

Thomas M.

Excellent. Entire group was extremely professional, easy to contact and responsive to my concerns. They are very creative in terms of organization and display of household items. I would highly recommend Poof Estate Services if you are considering doing an estate sale.

Description of Work
Estate Sale on my home.

Category jewelry appraisal, furniture sales, home & garage organization, home staging

Thank you for your positive feedback [Member Name Removed]. We enjoyed working with you.

10/29/2017

Gay P.

It was a wonderful experience. These young ladies are professional, respectful & cheerful! Their hard work alleviated our stress tremendously. I highly recommend Poof Services! You won’t be disappointed!

Description of Work
After residing in their home for 50 years, my parents sold their home. Poof Estate Services were a tremendous help handling the Estate Sale.

Category moving companies, jewelry appraisal, furniture sales, home & garage organization, antiques, home staging

Thank you so much for your positive feedback [Member Name Removed]. We really enjoyed hosting your family's estate sale. We hope that Barbara has transitioned well and is enjoying her new home with you! All the best.

10/23/2017

Marty O.

Poof Estate service was excellent. Very professional and friendly team of your ladies. I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone who needs help preparing for and conducting an estate sale.

Description of Work
Estate sale services.

Category moving companies, jewelry appraisal, furniture sales, home & garage organization, home staging

08/07/2017

Marjory G.

I can't say enough about how positive my experience was with Poof. Peggy Ruby represented the company from start to finish, and she was the model of professionalism, kindness, helpfulness, and respect throughout. She answered all the questions my brother and I had with patience and knowledge, and she put our minds at ease about the whole process a situation like ours involved. With Poof, we no longer felt like we had a Herculean if not impossible task in front of us in preparing my father's house for sale. We did need to sort through his home to identify and claim what we wanted to take, but Poof literally did the rest. When it came time to stage the sale, they had arranged many hundreds of items so attractively and creatively that I didn't recognize the place! (It made me want to go shopping!) I received dozens of photos of the set up prior to the sale, and Peggy updated me as often as I had requested throughout the sale. She promptly notified me of the results when it was over, and within a week, my brother and I had our checks for our share of the profits. I also received an incredibly detailed list of every item that sold, with each one identified very clearly, the price it fetched, and when it sold. As we had a clean-out service following the sale, Peggy continued to courteously and promptly update me on what was going on. If all this wasn't enough, Peggy seemed to really appreciate the emotional significance of this situation/process, knowing as she did that my brother and I had grown up in this house and that we were very connected to it and its contents. She gracefully and respectfully navigated matters of business in the context of matters of the heart. Do yourself a favor and hire Poof!!!

Description of Work
As my father had passed away last October and had lived in his home for 50 years, I needed many household items sold or donated--and I needed the house to be cleaned out before putting it on the market. All of this was a daunting prospect, especially because I live in Rhode Island and he lived in suburban Detroit.

Category jewelry appraisal

Dear [Member Name Removed], We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Poof. We certainly enjoyed working with you and your family. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Sincerely, The Ladies of Poof

12/29/2016

jennifer L.

I wish there was a rating higher than A. The ladies are100% professional. Incredibly easy to work with. Listened to my concerns. They organized everything. Unlike other companies, they took the time to properly price each item. Their client's satisfaction is their main priority. It isn't just about making a buck. I have dealt with multiple estate companies. I attend sales almost every weekend. Peggy, Allison and Becca are at the top. I have recommended them to several of my own clients. If you want a smooth sale with unequivocal service, Poof Estate Services is the only team I recommend!

Description of Work
I had an overwhelming amount of books, collectibles, china, records, etc. You name it I had it. I hired the team to hold an estate sale.

Category jewelry appraisal, antiques, auction services

Bos Moving & Service

Welcome to Bos Moving & Service, Inc., your premier moving specialists. When it comes to the safe transport of your belongings – for any distance – trust only the most experienced professionals to get them there on time and in one piece. Because moving is an investment in time and money involving your personal possessions, use care in selecting a qualified mover. While price is an important consideration when choosing a mover, quality of service and company reputation should share in your final decision. Cheapest is not always best when dealing with your prized possessions. Our company has been providing top quality service to the area since 1982. Each of our hand-picked movers has been specially trained to safely deal with all of your belongings. We pride ourselves on providing professional, experienced service at a reasonable rate while working to take the stress out of the process at the same time.

2022 Super Service Award

Any weather transportation LLC

My profession my is driving and hauling glass I am 100% careful with the loads I receive and deliver I have a tractor and during the week I drive state to state for a company I have a contract With as long I have least threw them

Closets By Design - East Michigan

Since 1982 Closets by Design designs has built a reputation of integrity as the industry leader in building custom closets, garage cabinets, offices, laundries, pantries and much more. With a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware, you will get the customized look you have always imagined. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project and look forward to earning your business. We also offer Financing!

Furniture - Sales
    Real Estate Auctions
    Antiques
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

The services we offer are full home estate liquidations, moving estate sale liquidations, downsizing and out of state liquidations, and full home clean-outs. For special circumstances, consignment options may be available.

We do not offer real estate services, moving services, delivery, or off site sales.