Parker K Bailey & Sons Inc

Moving and Storage...

10/24/2016

Judith P.

Excellent service

Description of Work
Moving out of state

09/04/2015

Ignacio P.

Description of Work
Driver from Bailey loaded our household contents in Virginia, delivered the contents to Maine, and unloaded with their local crew. | |All were courteous, professional and pleasant to deal with. No damage to anything, and all were very helpful in sorting and correctly placing our furnishings and belongings.

07/07/2015

Theresa D.

Very professional and responded quickly to our request to arrange moving. They took furniture (bed, dresser mirror, large entertainment center) apart for us. They two gentleman that did the move were exceptional. Due to down sizing we weren't sure exact location of furniture. They had to move a couple of things into different areas. Very accommodating when I asked if they could bring in bottom piece of entertainment center so I could hook up all the electronics that needed to be fed through the the hole before it was moved back into place. Very polite. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Packed all heavy items from living room, bedroom, medical equipment, large pictures. Moved it to new apartment in same complex.

06/04/2015

Sarah F.

Description of Work
I was moving from Maine to two homes, one in Hawaii and one in Oregon. Only a coffee table and a lamp, both of which had been upstairs in my Maine house made it to Oregon. All of the furniture in the basement (dining room table, kitchen table, chairs, counter-high work table, Ott light among other items) was incorrectly sent to Hawaii even though I went through the house with a very experienced estimator pointing out all the furniture to go to Oregon, and on the day it was picked up, tagged all the Oregon furniture with large hot pink pieces of paper to identify it for the crew and told the crew members what the pink tags represented. I believe I was quite clear on both occasions. Unfortunately, no one was listening. |Yes, ultimately it was my responsibility; the estimator (Jon DuPlesse) didn't get the furniture on the Oregon estimate and I didn't notice until it was too late. The crew apparently didn't look at the pink pieces of paper or listen to my verbal instructions ; if they had, the problem could have been corrected right then, so a double mistake. To restate: no one paid any attention to me. |Secondly, the boxes that went to Oregon were just dumped at my home by the long haul driver. We live in a very remote area and United Van Lines obviously didn't want to spend the money to off-load such a small load (since there was no furniture)to a secondary company for local delivery. Nothing was unwrapped, packing was not removed (as was said would be done) the piece of furniture that was there was not put back together. My only communication on the delivery end was one phone call from a long haul driver who was p***** off because he couldn't find my home. He had my number and I told him I was available for questions, but he never called me back. Having moved multiple times in the past, it did not occur to me I would need to tell the delivery folks that the furniture needed to be unpacked and put back together, but I was told by Parker this was my fault, too, because I was unable to be there at the time of delivery. Since it was just dropped off by the long-haul van, I couldn't ask to have it stored briefly so I could be home and the long haul driver wasn't interested in doing anything but drive. Understandable since that's his job. |When I called Parker to explain the problem, they took absolutely no responsibility. They said I should have read the fine print-and yes, it was fine print. As I recall, the furniture in question was listed on page 4 of a very poor carbon copy of what had been picked up at my house and crated to go to Hawaii. With very close scrutiny I was able to find it after the extent of the problem was revealed. Yes, I should have looked at it closely at the time of pickup, but I was still packing, and, unfortunately, working with an experienced estimator and an experienced crew, one would think they could be trusted. One might also think there could be some acceptance of moral responsibility if not financial. None on either front. |I am extremely disappointed in this company with an excellent local reputation. |I do not yet have my Hawaii shipment. It was turned over from the shipper to a local company and is in storage in Hawaii until I can get there to retrieve it, what should have happened in Oregon. I was never offered that option. |Terrible experience and I cannot in any fashion recommend this company. |I am available for further questions if desired.

09/03/2014

M Kathleen C.

They were very responsible and prompt. They did a good job on the move on both sides, the packing at the Maine side and delivery at the Massachusetts side. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Parker K. Bailey & Sons moved me from Maine to Massachusetts.

08/19/2014

Lorne M.

09/12/2013

Beth F.

They movers were very nice and did a very good job moving. They were efficient.

Description of Work
They moved furniture from a 3rd floor apartment into a house.

06/24/2013

James M.

There were 2 young men and a 14 ft. box truck that represented the company. The employees were pleasant, worked hard and were protective of our property. The truck was clean and professional. I assisted the employees moving the contents both load and unload. We worked well together and when I messed up their packing pattern they just said no problem and accepted my additional piece of furniture. The negative side of this project was at the time of payment. I was aware of a cost of $123/HR rate for the employees and truck. However, I was not aware of a mandatory $65 insurance fee or the fact I would start paying the company when they left their office enroute to my location. So, the final bill was an additional $120 that I did not expect. I spoke with the company office three times on the phone and specifically asked about minimal time charged, but no one mentioned the insurance charge or the start time of the service.

Description of Work
Moved 2 bedroom home from Holden to Bangor. Reduced moving by taking most furniture myself previous to their arrival.

03/21/2012

Tom B.

They are real professional and I didn’t have anything damaged, which was the best thing. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Parker K Bailey & Sons Inc. for moving.

Arthur Perez Moving

Family owned and operated for four generations, Arthur Perez Moving Professionals is the New Orleans moving company you can trust. Residents and businesses throughout Orleans Parish and the surrounding parishes know that when it comes to a timely and caring mover for your most important goods, no other moving companies can match the service and dedication provided by Arthur Perez Moving Professionals. Our experienced movers are ready to help you move hassle-free with: Four generations of experience Packing services On-time, uniformed crew members Residential and commercial services Call us for a free, no obligation estimate. Our name says it all! We look forward to being of service.

All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving

Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads, dollies, Plastic and much more. Our employees are drug tested, trained and seasoned to be the best you will find. This is how we keep our ratings high and claims low. Long Distance Moves take place either from our long distance hubs across the West coast. Located in AZ, CA, OR and WA. We are proud to provide a service that no other company offers; Dedicated Trucks. This means that your belongings are loaded on the truck and not combined with anyone else’s items. They are not transferred to other trucks or facilities in route which causes damage and loss of items (typical with van lines). We have a set loading day and unloading day. This is by far the safest way to ship. Our interstate rates are per 24ft moving van that holds up to 8,500lbs or 1400CuFt. Some customers require one truck and some require more. One truck holds the average 1800SqFt.

Movers Direct LLC

Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the books.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

Residential and commercial moving, storage & packing facilities.