Parker K Bailey & Sons Inc

Founded 1962 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

Moving and Storage...

Arthur Perez Moving

Family owned and operated for four generations, Arthur Perez Moving Professionals is the New Orleans moving company you can trust. Residents and businesses throughout Orleans Parish and the surrounding parishes know that when it comes to a timely and caring mover for your most important goods, no other moving companies can match the service and dedication provided by Arthur Perez Moving Professionals. Our experienced movers are ready to help you move hassle-free with: Four generations of experience Packing services On-time, uniformed crew members Residential and commercial services Call us for a free, no obligation estimate. Our name says it all! We look forward to being of service.

Paula's Movers

" Long Distance Mover " Paula's Movers Pledge Integrity in our business practice, diligence in our work ethic, and clarity of value delivered to all our customers. We provides long-distance, interstate moving services. We move residential homes, apartments, and commercial businesses across state lines and the country. We have over 26 years of moving industry experience and treat our customers like your part of Paula's Movers family. We're here to guide you every step of the way so you can rest easy knowing that your belongings will be cared for respectfully and safely. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Paula's Movers on Angi
Moving Ahead Services LLC

Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, junk removal and more. Call today for a free estimate!

10/24/2016

Excellent service

Description of Work
Moving out of state

09/04/2015

Description of Work
Driver from Bailey loaded our household contents in Virginia, delivered the contents to Maine, and unloaded with their local crew. | |All were courteous, professional and pleasant to deal with. No damage to anything, and all were very helpful in sorting and correctly placing our furnishings and belongings.

07/07/2015

Very professional and responded quickly to our request to arrange moving. They took furniture (bed, dresser mirror, large entertainment center) apart for us. They two gentleman that did the move were exceptional. Due to down sizing we weren't sure exact location of furniture. They had to move a couple of things into different areas. Very accommodating when I asked if they could bring in bottom pie...

Description of Work
Packed all heavy items from living room, bedroom, medical equipment, large pictures. Moved it to new apartment in same complex.

06/04/2015

Description of Work
I was moving from Maine to two homes, one in Hawaii and one in Oregon. Only a coffee table and a lamp, both of which had been upstairs in my Maine house made it to Oregon. All of the furniture in the basement (dining room table, kitchen table, chairs, counter-high work table, Ott light among other items) was incorrectly sent to Hawaii even though I went through the house with a very experienced estimator pointing out all the furniture to go to Oregon, and on the day it was picked up, tagged all the Oregon furniture with large hot pink pieces of paper to identify it for the crew and told the crew members what the pink tags represented. I believe I was quite clear on both occasions. Unfortunately, no one was listening. |Yes, ultimately it was my responsibility; the estimator (Jon DuPlesse) didn't get the furniture on the Oregon estimate and I didn't notice until it was too late. The crew apparently didn't look at the pink pieces of paper or listen to my verbal instructions ; if they had, the problem could have been corrected right then, so a double mistake. To restate: no one paid any attention to me. |Secondly, the boxes that went to Oregon were just dumped at my home by the long haul driver. We live in a very remote area and United Van Lines obviously didn't want to spend the money to off-load such a small load (since there was no furniture)to a secondary company for local delivery. Nothing was unwrapped, packing was not removed (as was said would be done) the piece of furniture that was there was not put back together. My only communication on the delivery end was one phone call from a long haul driver who was p***** off because he couldn't find my home. He had my number and I told him I was available for questions, but he never called me back. Having moved multiple times in the past, it did not occur to me I would need to tell the delivery folks that the furniture needed to be unpacked and put back together, but I was told by Parker this was my fault, too, because I was unable to be there at the time of delivery. Since it was just dropped off by the long-haul van, I couldn't ask to have it stored briefly so I could be home and the long haul driver wasn't interested in doing anything but drive. Understandable since that's his job. |When I called Parker to explain the problem, they took absolutely no responsibility. They said I should have read the fine print-and yes, it was fine print. As I recall, the furniture in question was listed on page 4 of a very poor carbon copy of what had been picked up at my house and crated to go to Hawaii. With very close scrutiny I was able to find it after the extent of the problem was revealed. Yes, I should have looked at it closely at the time of pickup, but I was still packing, and, unfortunately, working with an experienced estimator and an experienced crew, one would think they could be trusted. One might also think there could be some acceptance of moral responsibility if not financial. None on either front. |I am extremely disappointed in this company with an excellent local reputation. |I do not yet have my Hawaii shipment. It was turned over from the shipper to a local company and is in storage in Hawaii until I can get there to retrieve it, what should have happened in Oregon. I was never offered that option. |Terrible experience and I cannot in any fashion recommend this company. |I am available for further questions if desired.

09/03/2014

They were very responsible and prompt. They did a good job on the move on both sides, the packing at the Maine side and delivery at the Massachusetts side. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Parker K. Bailey & Sons moved me from Maine to Massachusetts.

Category moving companies

Residential and commercial moving, storage & packing facilities.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal