Magic Broom Chimney Sweeps

Founded 1977 • With Angi since April 2005

2475 Old Washington Rd

Waldorf, MD 20601

We are locally owned and family run. This is our 34th year in this business. There are seven employee's dedicated to the servicing of Pellet Stoves, Wood Stoves & Gas Fireplaces & Logs. We do not sub-contract out any of our work. We send our technicians for training as available and four of them are certified by CSIA....

04/22/2022

Lita C.

I couldn’t keep the pilot light on to flip the switch for the burner. So called Magic Broom and Blair scheduled me twice for an appointment because of a staff shortage (CoVid/pandemic), but Bryan & Dylan came out and was able to fix/clean my gas fireplace and fix the burner switch. Bryan had the magic touch with the pilot light. He was very thorough with cleaning and repairing. Dylan was most helpful assisting Bryan and determining the right switch at the house electrical panel. Everything was safely and professionally done. If I can’t get the pilot light started for next Winter, I will definitely call Magic Broom for service again.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace cleaning and repair

Category fireplaces,gas logs

09/12/2021

Reisha R.

Glenn and Bryan did the impossible. Magic Broom is indeed pricey but they have the expertise, skill, and workmanship none of the companies with more ratings have on Angi. He installed a chimney liner for our 1980s Squire wood stove insert. Other chimney companies said they would have to knock out and replace bricks (which would have been impossible to match) on our interior wall to install it because there wasn't enough clearance to reach their hands in above the stove insert to attach the liner. However, Magic Broom instead knew of a boot adapter that attaches by reaching through the inside of the stove insert instead. They got it done smoothly. Other top rated Angi chimney companies were also telling us that the only other alternative was to buy a new insert which would be smaller to give them space for the clearance above the insert. New stoves hold maybe one log at a time...we did not want to give up our spacious insert which we have built roaring fires! Magic Broom saved us!!!!! As I stated in an earlier review from their initial visit: Better than four other A rated Angie's List companies. I called three other chimney companies to help solve a problem. We have a 46 year old wood stove insert and safety code now requires a chimney liner. Three other companies who are the top rated and most reviews on Angie's List came out and I they could not find a solution on how to attach the liner to the wood stove because their is no clearance above the unit to attach. I was terribly disappointed and stuck with the other companies. One day I stopped in the Magic Broom office and Glenn was a fireplace encyclopedia. He immediately knew my fireplace, unit and solution to provided a solution attach from the inside. This job is more expensive than the other companies but they are more knowledgeable. They started the job today by doing the chimney clean and they treated my unit so delicately and paid attention to details. They had an impressive camera system for their inspection (the other companies showed up with NO cameras for their estimates although it was promised) and I was blown away by the technology and detail with their inspection report. Bryan and Michael were absolutely the best and they will return to do the liner install. Magic Broom should be listed at the top of Angie's List.

Description of Work
Chimney Liner for 1980s Wood Stove Insert

Category chimney repair

12/17/2020

Reisha R.

Description of Work
Wood stove insert chimney clean

10/31/2016

Vonda F.

Because of a previous home inspection, I knew the thermopile needed to be replaced. Magic Broom was very efficient and protected the work area from dirt by laying down cloths. They also checked its other components and cleaned the fireplace.

Description of Work
Thermopile replaced

Category fireplaces

11/11/2014

Leanne S.

Glenn and Rocco took great care in giving the insert a good inspection. They made some adjustments and replaced necessary components of the fireplace and put everything back perfectly. I will ask for them for future check ups!

Description of Work
Complete inspection and cleaning of our gas fireplace.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

10/22/2014

Doug G.

Due to a draft thru the pellet stove on cold winter days I needed a chimney liner installed to keep the cold air out. I don't use my stove continually in the colder months. They arrived in the first hour of a 3-hour scheduling window and laid drop cloths to protect my floor and carpet. This proved a good idea as their work behind the stove and while cleaning the chimney created a lot of soot. Too minimize the dust they used a shop vac to suck up as much dust as they could. They respectfully answered any questions and explained in detail the work involved. It was clear they knew what they were doing, and had a good sense of humor throughout the install in spite of the rainy day. When completed, they cleaned up the work area and left no trace of them having been here. When it came time to pay it was noticed the written estimate was less than the itemized invoice, and they honored the lower amount without issue. Dealing with Tri County was a positive experience and I'd call on them again.

Description of Work
Tri County Hearth and Patio Center employees Glenn and Rocco installed a stainless steel liner in the chimney for a pellet stove.

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

12/19/2013

Christopher C.

Bobby C. Was fantastic. He had a professional appearance in an easy to identify uniform. He was very well informed and answered all of my questions. I will def use them again for all of my chimney needs.

Description of Work
Chimney level 1 inspection

09/17/2013

Brian H.

We originally scheduled to have our chimney inspected and cleaned in August so we could take advantage of their out-of-season pricing. We got a call the day our service was to be done stating that the technician would not be able to make it out due to mechanical problems with his truck. We were able to reschedule to September and Magic Broom honored their out-of-season price even though September is considered in-season. Chris was our technician and he arrived on time and was very polite and professional. There was initially some confusion as to what he was supposed to be doing due to the notes in the computer not being very detailed. We were able to get that hammered out pretty quickly. He made sure to protect the surrounding area with a drop cloth. He did a good job explaining things which was really nice since neither my wife nor I are chimney experts (plus this is our first home and we didn't really know what all to ask). He also ran his camera up the chimney and explained various items of interest to me. He said that running the camera up isn't something they normally do for this level of inspection, but I really appreciated that he did it as it helped me to better understand the condition of the chimney in our new home. I did need to wipe down the hearth once the technician left but that took only a minute or two (not really his fault as our hearth is painted white and everything shows). Overall, I was happy with the service and would hire Magic Broom again.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect chimney.

09/14/2013

Charmaine L.

I've been getting my pellets from them for years in addition to buying many other products and services from them. On the saturday before labor day they had a sale on pellets so I went and paid for 5 pallets of pellets. I had planned to rent a truck to put all of the pellets on and take them to my property in one trip, but was not able to find a truck to rent. I was able to use a van and take a little bit at a time. I had spoke with Tri-County and explained I would be making several trips which they were fine with since I had already paid for it. I had only been able to get 2 pallets before it was time for them to close and they informed me they would refund my account for the remaining three and I would NOT be able to come back and pick them up at a later date. They promised 5 pallets, hey had their money, everything had cleared and they couldnt wait 1 more business day for me to come and pick up the remaing pallets I had purchased. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and did a fine job but the manager, Steve was very rude and I felt like he just wanted to send me on my way with no regard for customer service.

Description of Work
I bought my pellets for my stove from them.

Category Uncategorized

07/31/2013

Tammy K.

Prompt, courteous, and did a good job.

Description of Work
Sweep and spction

Finest Chimney Sweep and Masonry

family business 8 years of experiences. payment methods we accept cash credit cards most major cards accepted. If method is paying with credit card please provide an email address for further invoice

GROVE & SON plumbing heating & a/c

Thank you for considering Grove and Son! We are a family owned full- service HVAC and Plumbing business and have been serving the community for years. To ensure excellent results, our technicians are equipped with the tools and products to perform inspections and repairs on the spot. Providing great service with reliability is our passion and pride. We would love to have the opportunity to assist you with you next project. Give us a call today for all of your Heating, Cooling and Plumbing needs!

Offers by GROVE & SON plumbing heating & a/c on Angi
    Ouzts HVAC and Refrigeration

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Level One Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Inspections, Level Two Chimney Inspections with Video Camera, Reling Chimneys, Crown Repairs, Chase Cap Replacements, Pellet Stove Service, Wood Stove Service