Gili's Automotive

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2006

12410 Washington Ave

Rockville, MD 20852

Our Rockville auto repair shop is located in Montgomery County conveniently by Twinbrook Metro. Whether you are traveling from Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Bethesda, or Potomac, Maryland, our Certified ASE master technicians successfully perform work on your foreign or domestic car with state of the art computerized technology. At Gili’s Automotive we specialize in both foreign and domestic cars. European cars includes but not limited to BMW repair, Mercedes, Lexus, Land Rover, Volkswagon, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. Domestic car repair at Gili’s includes but is not limited to Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, GMC, and Cadillac....

10/15/2020

Terence B.

My 25 year old Ford Ranger developed intermittent starting issues this year for the first time. Jiggling the key seemed to help so I watched some YouTube videos and attempted to replace the ignition lock cylinder. I could not get the old one out so I returned the part and towed the truck to Gilis to do the work. They did what I asked but advised that the starter also was worn out. They replaced that too. The truck now starts reliably again. I have dealt with Gili for years and I trust his recommendations and I know from experience he stands behind his work. Now I can trust my truck to start the first time every time again.

Description of Work
Replace starter and ignition lock

Category

04/05/2018

Kristin S.

I have been taking my Ford Explorer to Gili's for service for 4 years. They charge a fair price for their excellent work. They keep up with technology - providing photos and detailied listing of prices and work. I highly recommend. Kristin Bethesda, MD

Description of Work
Brakes and oil change

10/27/2017

Catharine R.

Because it was my first time taking my car there, a technician did a very thorough check of my car and sent me an email that itemized what had been checked and what needed to be done, in addition to the oil change, including pictures of problems that were detected. I then received a phone call from the technician, who described the extra work that needed to be done, and an estimate was provided. I was very pleased with the detail that was provided and the cost. All of the work was done that day and my car was ready to be picked up at the end of my work day, as I had hoped. I will definitely return to Gili's for future auto maintenance/repair work.

Description of Work
I took my car in for an oil change, dropping it off in the morning, and taking Twinbrook metro to work downtown (a 10-minute walk). I ended up also needing brake repairs and a repair to one tire that had a nail in it; my windshield wipers also needed to be replaced.

Category auto repair, car tires

10/01/2017

Rhonda D.

I will briefly say that if you are a senior citizen, beware! There is a court date set for this case. Afterwards, I will update my review.

Description of Work
This matter will be resolved in court and this review will be subsequently updated.

08/04/2017

Walter O.

great my suv ml 350 was ready as promished

Description of Work
power steering pump leaking

06/30/2017

David M.

I've used them for pretty much all of my vehicles for about the last 15 years. I was having some problems while I was driving, I saw I was near there, I drove in; I've used their services before. They diagnosed and made some adjustments within a very short period of time and I was back on the road. It was quick service. On price, I've never had that particular kind of issue before so I don't know if it's a competitive price or not. I've had them do a lot of work over the years and their prices are in line or a little bit lower than most other places and a lot lower than the dealerships. I just don't have the information to know how good that particular price was. I'd just be making an estimate on prior history. On quality, I've had no further problems since then. They fixed it. On responsiveness, I know pretty much everybody who works in the shop now. Having brought my cars there for 15 years I know almost every single employee there. They greet me by name when I come walking in the door there. It's very positive. On punctuality, they've always had my vehicle ready on time unless there was something really, really weird going on that they couldn't diagnose it until they actually opened the thing up. I did have one vehicle that I brought in that it quite literally took 7 weeks to get the replacement part, but that's a completely different scenario. On professionalism, they're a bunch of jokers but they know this stuff. They like doing what they're doing it and they do it well. They're a good group of people. They know their stuff. They like working on vehicles. As long as I'm in the area I'm going to continue using them.

Description of Work
They were doing some drive train work.

02/07/2017

Adrienne P.

They are excellent. They diagnosed the problem and any problem you have. They offer suggestions, the have a good price, and they remember you. We only dealt with the person at the desk and he has been wonderful.

Description of Work
They did an oil change and some other maintenance.

11/20/2016

Juan G.

Well, car is up to date in maintenance with Gili's

Description of Work
Replaced thermostat and hoses radiator

Category auto repair, radiator service, car inspections

11/10/2016

Yasemin L.

very easy to get and appointment and efficient communication through both email and phone

Description of Work
oil change

05/13/2016

Ali J.

This all started when we went to the our Nissan dealer to get an alignment for our 2016 Nissan Rogue. Our dealer said they could not do an alignment because the drivers side inner and outer tire rods were bent and for our Nissan the entire steering rack would need to be replaced (which included the tire rods for the drivers side). They gave me a quote around $1550 to do the work. It was hard for me to understand how the tire rods were bent since this was a new car and we have been driving the car responsibly so I took our Rogue to Gilis. I had lots of questions and one thing that made me feel at ease right away was that Gili was more than comfotable to take the time to discuss any concerns or questions I had. I was impressed with that off that bat and also that he could communicate well. Originally he took a quick look at the car for no charge and we didn't see any issue with the car other than the steering was out of alignment. However, because the dealer insisted that the tjre rods were bent we, Gili and I, did a $100 inspection to determine if there were any issues and to see what needed to be done about it. Gil shop found that the drivier's side outer rod threads were rusted (which is really unusual for a new car) and that was what was causing the problem with the alignment. The cleaned that up for an extra $100 (which they first cleaned and then told me about the extra charge afterwards) and then did the alignment for $200. So the entire cost was 400+ some change for supplies. The only thing in retrospect would have been nice was to see if we could get this fix, cleaning or replacing the rusted outer tire rod threads, covered under warranty but I guess Gil's shop is not a warranty shop. 5 stars for Gili because they took the time to talk to me without a charge and also was easy going and all their employees were nice to deal with and they saved me from the Nissan dealership! Thanks Gili!

Description of Work
Idenitified why an Nissan dealer could not perform an alignment and fix the issue and then do the alignment. Also note, all the ratings that were provided were all solid "A".

03/15/2016

Pamela T.

The technician, Chris, went on a test drive with me and patiently listened to my concerns. He was spot on about the work needed just by listening to me, the vehicle, and the feel of the steering. Mike sent me an estimate before starting repairs and he wanted to discuss the details of the estimate. He was concerned whether I wanted to invest in extensive repairs considering the age of my vehicle. I really appreciated that he didn't make me feel pressured and listened to my thoughts and worked with me to determine which repairs were immediately necessary. He kept in touch several times over the couple of days Gili's had my van to let me know how things were going and to update the estimated completion time of the repairs. They were finished a little earlier than estimated. Mike called me the following day to ask how my van was running, and if I had any questions... wow!... I have never had an automotive repair center initiate a follow up call. Gili's is very serious about customer service! One of the items I declined, was to replace the lower engine manifold gasket. The recommendation for this work was due to what appeared to be long standing leakage resulting in deterioration of the mounts. I had this work done at Aamco a little over a year ago so I opted out at this time. Of course, since the previous work was done more than a year earlier, Aamco made sure to tell me there was no longer a warranty on the parts or service. Mike, at Gili's, assured me he would make a note for the technician to check it each time I bring my van in for service.

Description of Work
My aging 2004 Pontiac Montana minivan was making a lot of engine noise, had steering vibration, as well as the steering clunking on tight turns and needed some extensive work. The work Gili's completed... replace rack and pinion assembly, lower engine mount, left transmission mount, front lower control arm bushings, both front struts and mounts; replace and balance two front tires due to abnormal wear; wheel alignment on all four wheels; change oil; replace fluids; replace air filter; replace reverse light and tag light; flush power steering and add cleaner; fuel injection service; brake flush; clean and adjust rear brakes; replace wiper blades.

Category auto repair, car tires, transmission repair

03/01/2016

Hannah O.

Gili's was awesome. I can't say enough about their professionalism and kindness. I dropped my car off knowing there would be a laundry list of items that needed to be done to my 8 year old vehicle, and figured I'd be without it for a few days. Gili's called within two hours to go over the items that needed to be done, and finished the whole job the same day. The icing on the cake was the drop-off and pick-up from the Metro so that I could get to work. I interacted with approximately 4 people at Gilis and all were extremely kind and knowledgeable. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get everything done that needed to be taken care of due to finances, but their prices were very reasonable, and the quality of the work was excellent. I had no idea what a throttle plate was and how it would affect my car, and let me tell you, my car drives like new thanks to that added service they did. Accelerates better, has more power. So grateful that they took the time to do the full check of the car to find things that could keep me in my car for years to come.

Description of Work
Resurfaced the front rotors, replaced motor mounts, replaced contaminated brake fluid, cleaned throttle plate.

01/13/2016

Linda L.

After doing some shopping around we settled on Gili's automotive because their pricing was very competitive and they also had good reviews. Recognizing what a rare combo that is we called to schedule an appointment. With New Year's Eve on the horizon we knew time would be tight. They were extremely accommodating and we got the car back exactly as planned. They were great! We will be back with our other car now!

Description of Work
Timing belt, water pump, air filters, oil change, alignment

Category auto repair, car tires

12/17/2015

Michele S.

Gili's always tries to accommodate your schedule as best as possible. Service was fast and thorough. If you need a car for the day they will help with that as well. Good pricing as well.

Description of Work
Fixed muffler/exhaust system and glove compartment

12/09/2015

Jane H.

I needed to have the drains to my sunroof cleaned to stop water from leaking into my car. When I called to make the appointment I gave the make, model, and year of my car, and the technician told me that the cost would be about $100. About an hour after I dropped my car off a technician called to say that the cost would be $300-$400 since my car was a Subaru. They could not explain why they quoted me a much lower price over the phone even though I had specifically told them what kind of car I had. I ended up taking the car to the Subaru dealer where the drains were cleaned for $120. This was my first experience with Gili's but based on the cost and the inaccurate quote I would probably not go back.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for cleaning the drains to the sunroof.

12/03/2015

Tim J.

The dealership wanted $2700 to replace the driver's seat in our 2002 Sienna. They said the problem was that the seat was stuck on the track--the motors were fine, but because of the track they'd need to replace the whole assembly. We found Gili's on Angie's list. I told them what the dealer had said the problem and solution were; that I was hoping for a fix. Gili's checked it out and said one of the motors was bad; that they could replace it for about $380. I was skeptical but in a bind--the vehicle was almost unusable with the seat stuck all the forward. Fixed and works beautifully, so the van lives on. We also had them do a lot of other routine service. We're very relieved and grateful!

Description of Work
Fixed a problem with Toyota Sienna power driver's seat that would not move.

10/29/2015

Sally S.

I have been using this service for years with all of my cars. They are unusual in that they will sweep through your car and let you know what is needed now as well as in the future. They have top-notch mechanics.

Description of Work
Performed major work on an older Audi - 1997, including brakes, etc.

08/11/2015

Thom S.

My car needed new wiper blades and flex joint on driveshaft replacement in order to pass safety inspection. Gili's let me drop off my car at the shop 3 days early since I couldn't park it on the street in front of my house because the car didn't have a license plate, yet. The service was performed and done on the day of our appointment. He allowed me to pick up just the safety inspection certificate so that I could go to the DMV and return the next day to put the plate on my car and drive away. They were very nice and helpful. I thought it was a little pricey but I enjoyed doing business with them and felt that my car was completely safe for me to drive as it has passed a thorough safety inspection.

Description of Work
Replace wiper blades Replace flex joint on driveshaft

08/10/2015

Thom S.

I had been looking to buy a used car and finally found one I liked. I called Gili's to make a next-day appointment for a pre-purchase inspection as well as safety inspection for MVA. The owner dropped off the car without me having to show up until 2 hours later when the inspections were done. Gili took the time to explain each item to me so that I knew which ones were important to fix immediately, while the rest can wait. He gave me the quote of each repair/replacement so that I was able to negotiate a price reduction with my seller. I had a great experience and will be coming back.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase Inspection and MVA Safety Inspection

08/10/2015

Rudy A.

Having recently moved to the area I've only used Gili's once so far, and I intend to go back. They had a diagnosis and estimate to me within four working hours, and were helpful in triaging the repairs (one of which required a rather expensive part) into what should be done immediately (i.e. safety concerns; the ball joint in this case - I noticed a substantial improvement in handling after they replaced it), what should be done sooner rather than later (i.e. could cause other parts to go bad if not fixed relatively soon), and what to keep an eye on (this was the expensive one; I decided to hold off). The repairs were finished the next day. Pick-up was quick and painless. The tech that did the work gladly took the time to answer some questions and told me what symptoms to look out for in case the part I decided against replacing started to get worse. While certain European cars aren't typically cheap to maintain and repair I feel like I got good value for what I paid. I'm very pleased with the service I got here and will gladly give them my business in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced serpentine belt, tensioner, idler pulley, left motor mount, left front ball joint, and adjusted front wheel bearings. Additional mechanical diagnostics.

08/06/2015

Juan G.

Everything was well explained and recommended services for future maintenance services. BRAKES: I was told to replace rear brake in my last visit to a Toyota dealership. Mike explained me that I had 50% lifespan of the set of brake pads. So I saved on new pads. SPARK PLUGS: I was not planning to replace the spark plugs but I knew the car's fuel consumption and economy was bad. So I ordered this service and the car improved a lot.

Description of Work
Brake Fluid Flush and Spark Plug Replacement.

08/03/2015

S Stuart M.

I couldn't have been more pleased. The bumper repair looked like a new car. A previous shop had said the door dent was located where it could not be fixed without painting. Gili's proved them wrong.

Description of Work
Repaired damage to a plastic bumper. Popped out a door dent without painting.

Category auto body repair, auto repair

07/06/2015

Naihua D.

Professional, competent and friendly folks. Will definitely go back again and again in the future for maintenance and service. It is very convenient that the shop provides rides to and from the metro station, to make it easy for customers.

Description of Work
Did MD state safety inspection, found a brake light not working, replaced the bulb and issued inspection certificate.

06/16/2015

David C.

Great job, service was performed very quickly and well, and explained to me clearly. Very polite and customer oriented. Do minor fixes they find without charging you. Love that they drop you off and pick you up while they are performing service on your car.

Description of Work
Fixed air conditioning, replaced bushing, fixed window seal, oil change.

06/10/2015

Terence B.

Car was serviced promptly and ready well within the time promised and done for the estimated price. The shop owner warned me that replacement of the rotor would be a possibility due the caliper seizure but said he would resurface it if possible and within specifications once they had the car on a lift and could inspect everything. In the end they did not think replacement was necessary so they saved and resurfaced the rotors. In driving the car home, I noticed more brake pedal travel than I was used to. I did not like this even though the car was stopping OK. I telephoned them about it and they took my car in the same day at a time of my choosing. They diagnosed and corrected what I suspected was causing this issue--an air bubble in the line. I was in and out in less than half an hour and the brake pedal travel was back to what I was used to.

Description of Work
Replaced rear brake calipers on Acura after one had seized up. Brake work was done in pairs so both sides were done. The caliper failure had destroyed brake pads. Pads were replaced on both sides and rotors were resurfaced on both sides. Brake fluid was then flushed and replaced.

NOVA FAMILY AUTO SERVICE

At Nova Family Auto Service, our goal is to completely satisfy our customers. We have updated our facility with the latest computer and diagnostic equipment. We employ ASE Master certified technicians to provide dealer quality services at a fraction of the cost to you. You can trust us to fix your car right, the first time!

Smart Choice Mobile Auto Detailing

We are a detailing company that comes to you, we bring our own water and electricity and we can come to anywhere your car is at, we are very convenient because you don’t have to wait around at the detail shop for hours, check our website for extremely affordable prices. Click here to schedule your car detailing: https://www.smartchoicedetailing.com/book-appointment

Elden Collision Center

Elden Collision Center has always maintained a distinguished reputation throughout the automotive and collision repair industry. We use UltraMate computerized estimating software that will give you a detailed line-item description of all labor charges and part replacements for your vehicle. We provide you with the print-out and explain the repair process in detail. With over 30 years of auto body collision repair experience we are able to give you a more accurate repair estimate which will allow you to make a much better decision. If you are making a collision claim against insurance then we will work your insurance company to receive approval for our estimate or we may use the estimate provided by your insurance company adjuster. We are committed to providing a level of quality that meets both the rigorous demands of the auto insurance companies and the Automotive Service Association (ASA). Without exception, we will repair your car right the first time to your expectations.

Auto Service
    Auto Body Work
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing

Auto Service. diagnostic services, check engine light ,Abs light, brakes, air condition and heating, tires, alignment, transmission service, schedule Maintenance ,Timing belt

Auto body, painting,